@spyderblack723 First I'd like to thank you for that ultra nice addon. 

But I have a little Problem to get the Vehicle Spawner working. 

I want it to spawn the US Cup troops input all the needed info in the fields. But nothing shows up in the UI if I am trying to spawn some vehicle...

is there a bug or what is the trick? 

Thx for your help! 

3 hours ago, Justice Molton said:

@spyderblack723 First I'd like to thank you for that ultra nice addon. 

But I have a little Problem to get the Vehicle Spawner working. 

I want it to spawn the US Cup troops input all the needed info in the fields. But nothing shows up in the UI if I am trying to spawn some vehicle...

is there a bug or what is the trick? 

Thx for your help! 

Take a screenshot with your module open and post it here. It's probably the easiest way to troubleshoot this.

• Like 1

If you haven't tried already, remove the text in the Type Whitelist and Type Blacklist fields. Also make sure that there are no spaces in any of the text fields either.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I configured this, and I'm not at my computer, but don't the multiple item lists need to be enclosed in square brackets?  e.g.

[Car,Truck,Armored,Tank]

On 7/5/2017 at 5:10 PM, BB_Frost said:

It's been a while since I configured this, and I'm not at my computer, but don't the multiple item lists need to be enclosed in square brackets?  e.g.

[Car,Truck,Armored,Tank]

They can, but they don't have to. Internally, those are removed before processing the input.

Im getting a error, but seems working anyway. (error variable not defined on expresion: thislist)

Civilians are sync with virtual AI alive module because that zone (yafiah & I'timad) isn't indexed with alive, may be that reshmaan indexing not is completed?

g6f7z1Q.jpg

P.S: tested in 3den editor preview.

15 minutes ago, spark23 said:

Im getting a error, but seems working anyway. (error variable not defined on expresion: thislist)

Civilians are sync with virtual AI alive module because that zone (yafiah & I'timad) isn't indexed with alive, may be that reshmaan indexing not is completed?

g6f7z1Q.jpg

P.S: tested in 3den editor preview.

Civilians should not be synced to Virtual AI. This is your problem I'm sure. 

Reshmaan is indexed just fine I think. Can you PM me and tell me exactly what the problem is? I mean, I could reindex it but holy crap I'd rather not unless there is a big problem with it. It's enormous. 

If you want more civs, drop the filtering in the civ placement module. I can pretty much guarantee if you make it extreme with no filtering there will be too many civs. Lots of "house" models on that map. Civs should be spawning.

Anyway, let's discuss this via PM. 

• Like 2

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for this awsome addon. I'm use this and Alive in all my missions. I'm wondering if there is any way to temporarily pause the civilian interaction module. In a insurgency mission i want the module to be active only if a have a 

interpreter (Afghan soldier) in my sqaud.

@spyderblack723 this is an amazing Mod! Our unit thanks you so much for taking immersion to a whole new level adding unique and authentic game play.  We are running into a unique situation.  Names are repeating on a regular basis from town to town. Currently using mod with Alive on CLAFGHAN. 

Every TownLeader was Abdul Latif Bakhtari (5x)
Both Religious leaders Kami Wardak

Both Politicians were Qadear Habibzair

Is there a workaround that we can do to generate unique names?

Again, thank you for all of your hard work. For many of us, alive and arma 3 wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without your tireless work on this mod. 

12 hours ago, Bah83 said:

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for this awsome addon. I'm use this and Alive in all my missions. I'm wondering if there is any way to temporarily pause the civilian interaction module. In a insurgency mission i want the module to be active only if a have a 

interpreter (Afghan soldier) in my sqaud.

There is no way to apply a condition to the menu action.

2 hours ago, 1LT Creech said:

@spyderblack723 this is an amazing Mod! Our unit thanks you so much for taking immersion to a whole new level adding unique and authentic game play.  We are running into a unique situation.  Names are repeating on a regular basis from town to town. Currently using mod with Alive on CLAFGHAN. 

Every TownLeader was Abdul Latif Bakhtari (5x)
Both Religious leaders Kami Wardak

Both Politicians were Qadear Habibzair

Is there a workaround that we can do to generate unique names?

Again, thank you for all of your hard work. For many of us, alive and arma 3 wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without your tireless work on this mod. 

Unfortunately not, these names are automatically generated by Arma. This could be caused by a lack of names given by the mod which contains the faction.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spyderblack723 said:

Unfortunately not, these names are automatically generated by Arma. This could be caused by a lack of names given by the mod which contains the faction.

I thank you for the super quick reply! Will look into the factions used. Thanks again!!!

uRegarding interaction with civilians, the question "Do you know the location of any insurgent hideouts?" never generates any response. Is it supposed to?

2 hours ago, easyeb said:

uRegarding interaction with civilians, the question "Do you know the location of any insurgent hideouts?" never generates any response. Is it supposed to?

It's supposed to and it's broken. For now, use the mouse wheel action to gather Intel.

In a perfect world this entire function, or likely something simpler and similar, will be integrated into ALiVE directly, but these kinds of features take time to integrate. So just ask the other questions with Spyder's UI, and use the mouse wheel for revealing HQ's.

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

It's supposed to and it's broken. For now, use the mouse wheel action to gather Intel.

In a perfect world this entire function, or likely something simpler and similar, will be integrated into ALiVE directly, but these kinds of features take time to integrate. So just ask the other questions with Spyder's UI, and use the mouse wheel for revealing HQ's.

Shit. I've completely forgotten about the mw action dialog.

But thanks, now I know!

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

RE: Loadout Manager

Anyone know where these configs are stored and can we edit them by hand ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Are you talking about the loadouts themselves? You cannot edit them outside of the loadout manager. The only way to store persistent information in Arma without a plugin is in a binarized file tied to your account.

• Like 1

Hi Spyder,

Yep - that answers my question - I searched my entire PC looking to find that folder structure - thought I might have missed it...

Thanks for all your do...

:thumb:

Regards,

Scott

Getting this error with the vehicle spawner (which seems to work properly, despite the error - presumably the vehicle isn't pointed the way it should be, though?)

[SpyderAddons - Sup Vehiclespawn] Initialization starting
Error in expression <ttings", [[_spawnMarkers,_spawnHeight], _spawnDir, _factions, _whitelist, _black>
Error position: <_spawnDir, _factions, _whitelist, _black>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _spawndir
File \x\spyderaddons\addons\sup_vehiclespawn\fnc_vehicleSpawner.sqf [SpyderAddons_fnc_vehicleSpawner], line 1794

On 10/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, BB_Frost said:

Getting this error with the vehicle spawner (which seems to work properly, despite the error - presumably the vehicle isn't pointed the way it should be, though?)

[SpyderAddons - Sup Vehiclespawn] Initialization starting
Error in expression <ttings", [[_spawnMarkers,_spawnHeight], _spawnDir, _factions, _whitelist, _black>
Error position: <_spawnDir, _factions, _whitelist, _black>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _spawndir
File \x\spyderaddons\addons\sup_vehiclespawn\fnc_vehicleSpawner.sqf [SpyderAddons_fnc_vehicleSpawner], line 1794

Should have no real consequences, disregard for now

Due to recent developments I have decided to pull from content from Armaholic. The link has been removed from the thread and will be pulled from the archive soon.

If you were someone who used this as a means of acquiring the mod, please refer to the dropbox link instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9tsgtcxpeya4iz/Spyder_Addons_1723051.RAR?dl=0

If you used PlayWithSix or SteamWorkshop, this will have no effect on you. 

Thanks.

• Like 5

Hi Spyder,

have been successfully using your addon for quite somne time in various ALIVE missions and recently also in RAVAGE missions.  For the latter I wonder how I could get this piece of code executed on every unit spawned by the recruitment module to give them random gear:

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; 

If I write it like this in the field of the recruitment module, it doesn't work.  It says I should referr to the units with _this, but if I write

_this call rvg_fnc_equip; 

into the module, it still doesn't work. 

Any ideas how I could make that code work? Or have an alternative idea for giving random gear to units recruited with your module?

Kind Regards

tourist

try replacing your code with a debug line such as

hint str _this

and see if it displays anything on unit spawn to ensure it's actually working.

Also I would recommend posting on the steam workshop mod page if I don't respond within two days, I only check this forum once every few months.

This question is more about modules in general, but is there a way to programmatically/dynamically synchronize a module to a game object (as opposed to doing it manually in the editor using Connect > Sync To)?

For instance, if I wanted to attach an editor-placed Loadout Manager to a vehicle that was spawned in midway through a game by a script.