10 minutes ago, spark23 said:

Ok I read this:

Default ambience module is not spawning civilians only vehicles, its because Reshmaan Province or require alive too?

Thanks!

It's not supposed to spawn civilians outside of vehicles. If vehicles spawned are empty, check your civilian classnames.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

It's not supposed to spawn civilians outside of vehicles.

Ok :rthumb:

Was wondering is this going to be implemented into alive ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This mod exists for the features outside of ALiVE's scope, with the single exception of civilian interaction because of it's time of conception.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the platform update may have messed with sound in some way. The CTP is playing but the sound is skipping (kind of like a scratched CD would sound). I was on a dedicated server with some additional mods, though I doubt they'd impact it like that but who knows. I'll have to check in a more vanilla environment just to be sure.

Has anyone tried the CTP on a server recently?

23 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I'm thinking the platform update may have messed with sound in some way. The CTP is playing but the sound is skipping (kind of like a scratched CD would sound). I was on a dedicated server with some additional mods, though I doubt they'd impact it like that but who knows. I'll have to check in a more vanilla environment just to be sure.

Has anyone tried the CTP on a server recently?

I encountered the CTP an hour and a half or two hours later (or something) in the same mission and it was fine. Arma being Arma I guess. 

I'm new to scripting but am trying to use the vehicle spawner. I am not sure what I am supposed to write-in to get things available. I synced the module and all that, Just no vehicles pop up. If it matters some of the vehicles I want are from mods (OP:TRE in particular).

I haven't used it in a while, but I seem to recall that you need to specify the factions of the vehicles you want to spawn.  Check the parameters inside the module to make sure it's configured. :)

24 minutes ago, Fletchimus Prime said:

I'm new to scripting but am trying to use the vehicle spawner. I am not sure what I am supposed to write-in to get things available. I synced the module and all that, Just no vehicles pop up. If it matters some of the vehicles I want are from mods (OP:TRE in particular).

It probably doesn't matter that the vehicles you want are modded. But just to be sure, the proper way to do it is by writing the vehicle classname into the line, and if using multiple, separating them by a comma with no spaces.

Hypothetical example: blufor_vehicle_1,blufor_vehicle_2

To find a vehicle classname the easiest way, hover over the vehicle with your cursor in the Eden editor unit selection menu. Or right click on the vehicle itself and check out the config viewer. Should be there too.

5 minutes ago, Fletchimus Prime said:

That is what I am talking about haha, I don't know what names to use to configure it.

Ahhh, OK.  Sorry for the not terribly helpful reply, then. :)  Heroes has you covered.

Hi, guys. I did a keyword search of this thread to see if the Recruiting and Vehicle Spawn modules draw on the ALiVE commander's logistics pool. I don't think anyone's asked about this, and it doesn't look like SB's modules deduct LOGCOM points.

This question could fit in either this or the ALiVE thread, I suppose. I used this snippet from the ALiVE script snippet page to make this:

if(isServer) then {
        _currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;
        [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F",_currentBLUFORForcepool-1] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
};

Which can be directly pasted into the Code field for each module. I could put it in a script and call or preprocess compile the script, or make it a function. Does anyone here have any insights on 1) if any of these make a material difference for such a tiny snippet that might be run all of a few dozen times even in an extended ALiVE mission, and 2) which one is the best way to optimize it?

Problem is, from what I've read, the log pool points are for reinforcement GROUPS, so I'd be deducting one group of AI for every individual AI or empty vehicle spawned in via Spyderblack's modules. Easiest solution would be to deduct fractional points (e.g. 0.1) instead of 1 pt from LOGCOM, at least for AI units; vehicles could be valued differently. But if that breaks LOGCOM (if it can't handle decimals), then we'd have to use a counter variable to track the number of recruitment spawns, subtract 1 after X number spawns, and reset the counter.

Also, I still need to use hints to check the force pool for whether the snippet above actually works.

On 5/7/2017 at 11:03 PM, dakaodo said:

Hi, guys. I did a keyword search of this thread to see if the Recruiting and Vehicle Spawn modules draw on the ALiVE commander's logistics pool. I don't think anyone's asked about this, and it doesn't look like SB's modules deduct LOGCOM points.

This question could fit in either this or the ALiVE thread, I suppose. I used this snippet from the ALiVE script snippet page to make this:

if(isServer) then {
        _currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;
        [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F",_currentBLUFORForcepool-1] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
};

Which can be directly pasted into the Code field for each module. I could put it in a script and call or preprocess compile the script, or make it a function. Does anyone here have any insights on 1) if any of these make a material difference for such a tiny snippet that might be run all of a few dozen times even in an extended ALiVE mission, and 2) which one is the best way to optimize it?

Problem is, from what I've read, the log pool points are for reinforcement GROUPS, so I'd be deducting one group of AI for every individual AI or empty vehicle spawned in via Spyderblack's modules. Easiest solution would be to deduct fractional points (e.g. 0.1) instead of 1 pt from LOGCOM, at least for AI units; vehicles could be valued differently. But if that breaks LOGCOM (if it can't handle decimals), then we'd have to use a counter variable to track the number of recruitment spawns, subtract 1 after X number spawns, and reset the counter.

Also, I still need to use hints to check the force pool for whether the snippet above actually works.

Create a function for anything that runs repetitively.

Both float subtraction and a serverside counter should work just fine.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm supposed to maintain this thing

New release

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9tsgtcxpeya4iz/Spyder_Addons_1723051.RAR?dl=0
Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=579263829

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update May 23 @ 11:34AM

Changelog
- [amb_ambiance] Fix error on creation of animal herds
- [amb_ambiance] Changed created vehicles no longer get deleted when occupied by players
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason there are over 15,000 of you crazy enough to download this mod. Thanks to everyone who's tried it out and/or continues to use it.

As a small little side project, it has far surpassed my expectations of use.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, montgomery said:

@spyderblack723 Is there a way to limit what's available in the arsenal when accessed through the loadout manager?

Unless BIS has a "global" way of setting it, then no. You can disable it via the module settings and use an external arsenal solution if you want to limit it.

Is there a way in the detection module, especially in the restricted items, to call an .sqf or array? I've noticed that unless it's specifically listed, the AI won't notice you.

Hi here.

Thanks for your mod Spyder, that's amazing ! I'm making a mission for my team (French team), and I wanted to know if it's possible to me to translate the civil interaction ? If there is a protection, or something special to do to not break the mod etc... 

2 hours ago, James Sullivan said:

Hi here.

Thanks for your mod Spyder, that's amazing ! I'm making a mission for my team (French team), and I wanted to know if it's possible to me to translate the civil interaction ? If there is a protection, or something special to do to not break the mod etc... 

There is nothing "protecting" the pbo's from being modified, feel free to translate as you please :)

Is there an easy way to set up a timer on the vehicle spawner? 

Eg once a vehicle is spawned you have to wait 30 mins before you can spawn another?

You can use the spawn condition field to execute code on vehicle-spawn request. You could use this to hold a variable on the server and check it every time a player asks to spawn a vehicle.