19 minutes ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

damnit spyder I JUST loaded the game

Then you get to be the first one to tell me if anything is broken ;)

• Like 2

Hey Spyder.

The dropbox link is only 20byts....

Nice work Spyder. I spent a couple hours messing with the Call to Prayer, and it seems much more refined. Not perfect when given carte blanche to spawn wherever it felt like, but definitely better so thanks.

I don't really understand why I would see any improvements though, because according to your changelog the issue was only connected to clients in MP and all my testing (and issues with it) have always been related to SP. 

I let it spawn wherever it wanted in Reshmaan and Takistan (buildings required), and in only a couple instances the sounds from multiple speakers overlapped. And even then, most of them had their sound synced. Two trips around both maps and all in all, it seems great.

Sweet. 

On Sangin though, for whatever reason, the issue with speakers spawning relatively close to each other in some towns, and playing the sound at different times was very noticeable and again, unpleasant. I was able to mitigate this in a way, by just placing four 300x300 markers spread way out around the map and using the whitelist. Doing that, each area seemed to force only one or so speakers in the area of the marker and the sound was much better.

I'm assuming there must be randomization here though, with how many speakers spawn in an area and which sound it chooses? Does this work in a similar fashion to how your ambience module looks for sections? Would it be possible to let us choose how many speakers spawn in an area similar to how we can choose how many cars spawn in a certain area?

If we could limit it to one speaker per section, assuming the sections it looks for are spread out enough, even if the sound started at different times, it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be able to hear them both, or at the very least, it would provide more of an "echo" effect.

That echo effect is exactly what I was hearing on Reshmaan and Takistan though and it really does sound good. Two tries on each map and I was impressed, and again, that was with no whitelist markers at all. I think if we had just a little more control over how many speakers spawned in the spawn radius it would be damn perfect though, immune to the randomization (if that is indeed how it works), and we wouldn't have to tinker with whitelist markers at all.

Anyway, good job dude. I added it back to my missions because I love it so much and it does seem improved a lot, at least so far.

10 hours ago, loopdk said:

Hey Spyder.

The dropbox link is only 20byts....

I tried a new compression technique where I removed all essential files.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Nice work Spyder. I spent a couple hours messing with the Call to Prayer, and it seems much more refined. Not perfect when given carte blanche to spawn wherever it felt like, but definitely better so thanks.

I don't really understand why I would see any improvements though, because according to your changelog the issue was only connected to clients in MP and all my testing (and issues with it) have always been related to SP. 

I let it spawn wherever it wanted in Reshmaan and Takistan (buildings required), and in only a couple instances the sounds from multiple speakers overlapped. And even then, most of them had their sound synced. Two trips around both maps and all in all, it seems great.

Sweet. 

On Sangin though, for whatever reason, the issue with speakers spawning relatively close to each other in some towns, and playing the sound at different times was very noticeable and again, unpleasant. I was able to mitigate this in a way, by just placing four 300x300 markers spread way out around the map and using the whitelist. Doing that, each area seemed to force only one or so speakers in the area of the marker and the sound was much better.

I'm assuming there must be randomization here though, with how many speakers spawn in an area and which sound it chooses? Does this work in a similar fashion to how your ambience module looks for sections? Would it be possible to let us choose how many speakers spawn in an area similar to how we can choose how many cars spawn in a certain area?

If we could limit it to one speaker per section, assuming the sections it looks for are spread out enough, even if the sound started at different times, it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be able to hear them both, or at the very least, it would provide more of an "echo" effect.

That echo effect is exactly what I was hearing on Reshmaan and Takistan though and it really does sound good. Two tries on each map and I was impressed, and again, that was with no whitelist markers at all. I think if we had just a little more control over how many speakers spawned in the spawn radius it would be damn perfect though, immune to the randomization (if that is indeed how it works), and we wouldn't have to tinker with whitelist markers at all.

Anyway, good job dude. I added it back to my missions because I love it so much and it does seem improved a lot, at least so far.

If the echo is occuring in MP, then I might be able to fix it. If it's happening in the editor, there's little I can do as they are activated all at the same time. Only one speaker is placed for each location (town, city, etc)

• Like 1

Right that makes sense. Sangin's towns are much more clustered and closer together than most maps. So what I'm assuming is happening here is that it's finding two towns right on top of each other, which is probably why Takistan and Reshmaan respond better because most towns are isolated, and why Sangin sounds better when I use my own markers.

Makes sense.

How many sound files does it have? A little while back you said you thought there were at least two sound files and that perhaps one had a delay at the start. If that's the case, do you think it would sound terrible if the speakers only played one sound? Just trying to gauge whether that's intentional to create the effect of echo (or for example, Lou Gehrig's infamous speech...speech...speech).

3 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Right that makes sense. Sangin's towns are much more clustered and closer together than most maps. So what I'm assuming is happening here is that it's finding two towns right on top of each other, which is probably why Takistan and Sangin respond better because most towns are isolated, and why Sangin sounds better when I use my own markers.

Makes sense.

How many sound files does it have? A little while back you said you thought there were at least two sound files and that perhaps one had a delay at the start. If that's the case, do you think it would sound terrible if the speakers only played one sound? Just trying to gauge whether that's intentional to create the effect of echo (or for example, Lou Gehrig's infamous speech...speech...speech).

1 sound file for call to prayer, 1 for bells

1 minute ago, spyderblack723 said:

1 sound file for call to prayer, 1 for bells

Interesting. What causes the sounds to start at different times then you think? An engine limitation? Mission load?

6 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Interesting. What causes the sounds to start at different times then you think? An engine limitation? Mission load?

If it's only in MP, probably network lag.

MOO has just started using ALiVE for an Insurgency campaign, I've got to say, this mod really adds to the immersion. Awesome job!

• Like 2

Somebody could get me a simple mission template ? i try run this mod but i not achievement that this work thank

Enviado desde mi NX402 mediante Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, eduardcomando said:

Somebody could get me a simple mission template ? i try run this mod but i not achievement that this work thank

Enviado desde mi NX402 mediante Tapatalk

It's all module based and pretty simple to set up. 

Loadout Manager syncs to an object which will then add the Virtual Arsenal and Loadout Manager to that object.

Recruitment module syncs to an object. Write the faction name in the whitelist faction line.

Vehicle Spawner syncs to an object and needs the vehicle classnames entered manually. It will spawn vehicles at a marker so make sure to place the marker you want vehicles to spawn at, and name it and put that name in the module.

Call to Prayer just place the module down if you want it. 

Ambience just place the module down. To determine the types of civs, vehicles and possible enemies, you need to use classnames (see module for examples).

Civilian interaction needs ALiVE. I'd advise holding off on this one because at some point, it *might* come directly into ALiVE and will fix some certain issues with it. That's of course only if Spyder has the time to dedicate to it.

The other ones I don't have much experience with. And keep in mind the ones I listed allow you to cater them to your liking in a lot more detail than I went into.

If you're still keen on an example mission, all of the missions in my signature use it in one way or another.

Hi, I have a doubt, does "Incon Undercover by Incontinentia" do the same as your detection module or is it different?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, spark23 said:

Hi, I have a doubt, does "Incon Undercover by Incontinentia" do the same as your detection module or is it different?

Thanks!

It is different. It is also more developed and is still being worked on so I would 100% recommend using that instead.

• Like 2

Hey Spyder, great work!

Quick question: how to fill the "Server Loadouts" in the Loadout Manager with Life?

Couldn`t find any documentation for this. Or is it WIP? Personal Loadouts work great anyways!

Greetings

6 hours ago, KompetenzTeam said:

Hey Spyder, great work!

Quick question: how to fill the "Server Loadouts" in the Loadout Manager with Life?

Couldn`t find any documentation for this. Or is it WIP? Personal Loadouts work great anyways!

Greetings

Hi, my apologies, I haven't messed with that module in a long time and forgot exactly how it works. I believe you should be able to paste the exported code (copied when you click export loadout) to your mission's init.sqf file.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spyderblack723 said:

Hi, my apologies, I haven't messed with that module in a long time and forgot exactly how it works. I believe you should be able to paste the exported code (copied when you click export loadout) to your mission's init.sqf file.

Hey Spyder, you`re the best! Works like you said. Thanks Man!

• Like 1

Ok I read this:

Requirements

CBA: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168277-cba-community-base-addons-arma-3/

ALiVE (Only for Civilian Interaction and Insurgency modules): http://alivemod.com/#Download

Default ambience module is not spawning civilians only vehicles, its because Reshmaan Province or require alive too?

Thanks!