Spyder, if you ever get any time to look at it, could you see if you can figure out why the CTP sound in the call to prayer module plays at different times from speakers in proximity to one another?

Basically, the best way to describe what's happening is picture two speakers that have spawned within hearing distance of each other. One will play the CTP sound and then 2-3 seconds later, the other will start playing the sound. Combined, it sounds out of key and unpleasant.

Takistan is very good map to duplicate this on but I've heard this now on some others as well. If you want, let me know and I can try to repro this on Altis or something and then send you a test mission file so you can hear what I'm talking about.

I'll keep it in mind, but don't get your hopes up for a quick fix. I haven't really done anything in Arma for 2 weeks and I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon. I also doubt this would be solved by a quick fix.

That's understandable, Spyder. Is there anything I can do on my end to spawn the CTP towers individually? I'm assuming the markers option will still cause them to spawn in clusters?

I'm thinking if for example, I place some blank markers down and only whitelisted those, and spread the markers a few KM apart, them not playing the sound at the same time wouldn't really matter because you wouldn't hear the others ("if a CTP speaker spawns in the Middle East and no one is around to hear it, does it actually make a sound?" :) ).

Yes, picking specific areas should work fine.

Not sure if this was the most efficient way, but incase anyone was wondering:

The best way I've found so far to place the CTP speakers exactly where you want them is to blacklist the entire map. When I didn't already have a marker covering the entire map, I made one.

Then, I placed "empty" markers exactly where I wanted the CTP speakers to spawn. This obviously includes areas within the blacklist area.

I named all of these empty markers numerically from CTP1, CTP2, etc. I put these in the manual markers section of the CTP module and it seems to work perfectly. In SP at least.

• Like 1

Hi, the default modules values are the recommended? I have doubts about ambiance spawn range to performance, if 1000 is the balanced value.

A misión created with this addon is needed in server and client?

Is there the possibility of creating an option where you can select the available language of the talks?

For example, a contributor translate this line:

//-- Build question list

_index = _listone lbAdd "How are you?";

//-- Build question list

_index = _listone lbAdd "¿Cómo estás tú?";

when all files are complete its included in final addon, and with lenguage selection option you select the lenguage.

Hi, the default modules values are the recommended? I have doubts about ambiance spawn range to performance, if 1000 is the balanced value.

A misión created with this addon is needed in server and client?

Is there the possibility of creating an option where you can select the available language of the talks?

For example, a contributor translate this line:

//-- Build question list

_index = _listone lbAdd "How are you?";

//-- Build question list

_index = _listone lbAdd "¿Cómo estás tú?";

when all files are complete its included in final addon, and with lenguage selection option you select the lenguage.

Yes, the mod is needed on both clients and server.

The default values are a pretty good starting point for every module.

If someone provides me with all of the translations I can import them into the mod. I'm not going to struggle to come up with broken sentences for other languages. There are literally hundreds of sentences within civilian interaction though so it's one hefty chunk of time to do all of that.

I can fork in github to dont disturb if i dont finish it, and translate it slowly, then I'll let you know if I finish.

What mean you with broken sentences? excesive lengh of sentences?

what files I need edit to translate?

Broken sentences as in imperfect grammar, if that makes sense. Google translate-like sentences.

For translation

Just create a text file, list the language you are translating to, then list th original text and your translated text

Files are in spyderaddons/addons/civ _ interact

I believe they are questionHandler.sqf and civInteract.sqf

They aren't currently centralizes anywhere.

Note: The quick view of a loadout in the right pane of the Loadout Manager might not be accurate anymore with Arma 3 v1.64 due to the following change

Tweaked: The order of items in the magazine description array for the setUnitLoadout and getUnitLoadout commands (from [magName, ammoLeft, count] to [magName, count, ammoLeft])

I just test a mission yesterday after of update,  thanks by advice.

About sentences, yes, google translation not is perfect, is best option manually with dictionary.

I have doubs about incognito/detection module. I have module sync with a blue unit, to equip this unit before get a LOP_AM unit, save their equipment/Loadout in BIS arsenal, and after in editor I edit the blue unit in bis arselan loading and saving LOP_AM.

After with alive I go to village, when enemies spot me they kill me.

Any idea that I doing bad? Thanks!

UVavMlR.png

The detection module is a bit faulty, yes. It was a weekend project that I had little long-term dedication to. I would have hidden it awhile ago, but it seems many people use it.

• Like 1

Its a great feature. You're going to continue with detection module in the future or is abandoned?.

Spyder. Bro. Can I call you Spyderbro? Ok, Spyderbro.

Should the civilian interaction work on ORBAT created civilian factions? Because I just can't get it to.

Spyder. Bro. Can I call you Spyderbro? Ok, Spyderbro.

Should the civilian interaction work on ORBAT created civilian factions? Because I just can't get it to.

Unless I'm missing something, I thought civilian faction creation wasn't in ORBAT...

I have, they show up on the civ side in the editor.

Edit: Using "side = 3" in the autogen.

Hi. Thanks for the great mod!

I had a small problem with it. All wheeled vehicles that appear out of the Vehicle Spawner can not move (All vehicles. From the original game and mods). I just can not start the engine. At first I thought that it was stuck in the ground, but the input of small height before the appearance still did not help.

The rest of the vehicles is working fine. Tanks, APCs, helicopters, and so on. Can you help me with this?

I have doubts about entry format to list factions, and all options fields. its for example vehicle faction:

faction1, faction2,

or its:

"faction1", "faction2",

how I see in rhsmod simple list?

Rhsmods faction classes simplelist example:"rhs_faction_usarmy_wd","rhs_faction_usarmy_d","rhs_faction_usmc_wd",

I have doubts about entry format to list factions, and all options fields. its for example vehicle faction:

faction1, faction2,

or its:

"faction1", "faction2",

how I see in rhsmod simple list?

Rhsmods faction classes simplelist example:"rhs_faction_usarmy_wd","rhs_faction_usarmy_d","rhs_faction_usmc_wd",

classname1,classname2

ex.

BLU_F, BLU_G_F

Hi. Thanks for the great mod!
I had a small problem with it. All wheeled vehicles that appear out of the Vehicle Spawner can not move (All vehicles. From the original game and mods). I just can not start the engine. At first I thought that it was stuck in the ground, but the input of small height before the appearance still did not help.

The rest of the vehicles is working fine. Tanks, APCs, helicopters, and so on. Can you help me with this?

Going to link you here, where I've posted some information on the issue: https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons/issues/14

There seems to be a lot of bugs floating around with vehicles not starting or not moving lately so not really sure what's gone wrong Arma side to introduce this.

Thanks!, seriously, your mod is great. Nobody can help you? I see that you are with dixon13, 2 persons only.

I dont have knowledge about programing in arma3 :(

I'm by myself. If somebody else wants to contribute that is OK by me, but it takes a lot of dedication to spend so much time on a project that isn't something you've started.

• Like 3

Okay-i have hidden several posts here.People seemed to misunderstand each other ,then everyone got very angry.Let's all just keep calm and on topic eh? :)

• Like 5

I've been making a whole load of AliVE factions and have a but of an issue ATM- I'm making some 75th Ranger's style units (faction name BLU_AI) (photos on A3 photos post) which I created with the ORBAT- I also made an OPFOR faction ( faction name IND_EFM) with ORBAT but they seem to cancel each other out when loading both.
I looked into it and someone mentioned editing the cfg.patches files to reflect the new names, which I have done, but that doesn't seem to have fixed the issue- Is there something I have missed?