New release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Aug 17 @ 4:25 pm

Changelog

- [All] Fix UI scaling of dialogs (all menus now look the same on all resolutions)

- [Various] Improved visuals of many dialogs

- [Vehicle Spawner] Added support for multiple spawn markers

- [Vehicle Spawner] Vehicles inside the spawn zone will be cleared if a new vehicle is spawned

- [Loadout Manager] Complete Rework

- [Various] Optimized several files

- [Various] Spawners no longer displays classes with scope <= 1

Known Issues:

- Civilian interaction has one partially mis-functioning question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 7

Spyder, first off, excellent work brother. I am loving the mod. A few questions. First off, it seems that ALiVE now has some firm of civilian interactions built in now. Would it be possible to have your mod supercede theirs. It gets confusing when you have multiple options that say search, detain, interact, ect.

Also, I'm a little unclear about how the detection module is supposed to work. Currently I have a blue force fighting FIA and syndikat forces on tanoa. I waneed my guys to be able to go native and check stuff out. Set up the module, put all the configurations in, synced the module to all my players, and no luck. I tried removing all items off a player and going out with only civilian cloths, still no luck. Getting engaged at over 500 meters, so they haven't even had a chance to see me. I'm confused and the wikids has little to no info on how this one is supposed to work. Am I missing a step or something? Thanks in advance.

Spyder, first off, excellent work brother. I am loving the mod. A few questions. First off, it seems that ALiVE now has some firm of civilian interactions built in now. Would it be possible to have your mod supercede theirs. It gets confusing when you have multiple options that say search, detain, interact, ect.

Also, I'm a little unclear about how the detection module is supposed to work. Currently I have a blue force fighting FIA and syndikat forces on tanoa. I waneed my guys to be able to go native and check stuff out. Set up the module, put all the configurations in, synced the module to all my players, and no luck. I tried removing all items off a player and going out with only civilian cloths, still no luck. Getting engaged at over 500 meters, so they haven't even had a chance to see me. I'm confused and the wikids has little to no info on how this one is supposed to work. Am I missing a step or something? Thanks in advance.

Due to the way ALIVE adds it's actions I cannot safely remove them, sorry about that. You can disable the ALIVE actions by setting riles to none in the civilian population module, but you will lose this role specific actions.

The detection module is a bit iffy. I banked on a certain type of AI knowledge being more accurate, but it ended up being pretty unreliable. I was going to remove it, but a few users said they enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I guess I am just having trouble getting it to work at all. I know as zeus, there is a way to change a players side, perhaps a rework to have it set you as a civilian, and then as soon as you draw a weapon, make you blu_f again? Just a thought.

I guess I am just having trouble getting it to work at all. I know as zeus, there is a way to change a players side, perhaps a rework to have it set you as a civilian, and then as soon as you draw a weapon, make you blu_f again? Just a thought.

This is how it works already. However, there is a visual detection system as well and this is where the main problem lies.

• Like 1

Awesome mod Spyder! really a life saver!

well after further testing when i spawn a vehicle with the spawner, i have a 50/50 chance the vehcile will explode, (regardless of where i spawn it even 10m above ground) 

On a blank mod i usually have a better chance to spawn vehicles but normal cars, like SUV or quadbike, ifrit etc, wont start the engine where all the others would work normally :/ 

Any clues?

and on a side note, how do we use multiple spawn markers for the vehicle spawner

Awesome mod Spyder! really a life saver!

well after further testing when i spawn a vehicle with the spawner, i have a 50/50 chance the vehcile will explode, (regardless of where i spawn it even 10m above ground) 

On a blank mod i usually have a better chance to spawn vehicles but normal cars, like SUV or quadbike, ifrit etc, wont start the engine where all the others would work normally :/ 

Any clues?

and on a side note, how do we use multiple spawn markers for the vehicle spawner

You use multiple spawn points by separating marker names with commas

marker1, marker2, marker3

I am unable to replicate vehicles exploding on spawn, is this happening with vanilla vehicles?

Engines unable to be turned on might be a mod incompatibility issue if you have anything else running. There shouldn't be anything happening that would cause this.

Hey Spyder. Unfortunately I don't think the Loadout Manager is working in a dedicated server environment. My testing so far is hardly scientific, but in a mission I'm working on (using mods. RHS and Project OPFOR), everything is fine in SP, but the Loadout Manager specifically isn't working on a dedi (the add action and the mouse wheel option don't appear).

I tried using one module for multiple boxes, one module per box, and also changing the box and my results are the same.

I can definitely attempt to repro with straight up ALiVE/CBA/Spyder Addons if you want. I would have done that already but at first I thought it must be me because I've never ever had a problem like this with your mod before.

I'll investigate further and report back. The recruitment is working on a dedi BTW. I'll take a look at the others while I'm at it later on as well just to sure this is the only one with issues.

EDIT: You know what, I definitely need to look into this. I recall now having messaged you on Steam saying it was ok since the update. I wonder if some mod I wasn't using before conflicts with it in a MP environment?

I actually tested it on a dedicated server right at release and it worked. Unless I'm losing my mind. :( It was a different mission with pretty much identical mods aside from a couple things.

Have you tried it strictly vanilla? I'll run a quick test later.

New release

Update Aug 28 @ 4:04pm

Changelog

- [Loadout Manager] Fixed loadout manager action not being added for all players in a dedicated server environment

Known Issues:

- Civilian interaction has one partially mis-functioning question

• Like 2

Spyder, if you ever get any time to look at it, could you see if you can figure out why the CTP sound in the call to prayer module plays at different times from speakers in proximity to one another?

Basically, the best way to describe what's happening is picture two speakers that have spawned within hearing distance of each other. One will play the CTP sound and then 2-3 seconds later, the other will start playing the sound. Combined, it sounds out of key and unpleasant.

Takistan is very good map to duplicate this on but I've heard this now on some others as well. If you want, let me know and I can try to repro this on Altis or something and then send you a test mission file so you can hear what I'm talking about.