Hey spyder, is the 1.6 ArmA Update going to have any affect on your above predicted thursday update?

Very keen for the newest version of this to come out, its fantastic stuff.

Uh, I hope it still works   :unsure:

I'll give it a final check over before releasing just to make sure nothing obvious gets by. As of now though, I can't immediately think of anything that would be bugged out due to 1.6.

• Like 1

Well, I promised Thursday, it's now 1:26 Thursday morning so why not release  :)

Not too much has been done since the last update even though it's been a long time coming. In this update you'll notice a new call to prayer module, an improved vehicle spawner, and an optional pbo that if used, will allow the IND_G_F rebel faction to be used with ALiVE.

I've started to grow away from Arma modding and focus more on actual programming languages like C++. I'll be starting college next school year and with computer-science as my current major I really want to focus on improving in something that I'll actually have to use.

I may come back and release an update sometime in the future, but don't hold your breath. I'll still try to answer any questions anyone has, but I'd like to step away from actually developing the mod at the time being.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Jun 2 @ 1:20am

Changelog

- [all] Updated to new CfgPatch's authors value

- [all] Updated script_component to utilizte new macros

- [civ_callToPrayer] Added module

- [main] Added new script macros

- [sup_vehiclespawn] Now correctly displays the amount of passenger seats in vehicles with FFV slots

- [sup_vehiclespawn] Vehicles are now better positioned when spawned on slopes

- [x_lib] Added hash functions written from scratch for max performance

- [x_lib] Added events system

- [x_lib] Added hashAppend

- [ind_g_f] Added optional pbo --> creates groups for IND_G_F faction for use with ALiVE

Known Issues:

- Arma updates are slowly killing the loadout manager "Move" feature. This feature may not always give the correct options for folders to move the item to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who has used and supported the mod over the last half year. It was only intended to be a small mod used by a couple of friends help me learn a little bit more about modding, now it's been downloaded by at least 3000 people.

Spyder out

GSW > Cleveland

• Like 3

Thanks so much for everything Spyder. You're going to go on to do great things. You've done so many wonderful things for this game I can only imagine the incredible work you'd do for a company (or even for a games studio).

So the HQ's being revealed in ALiVE with the Interaction module. I don't see it mentioned in the known issues or change log. were you able to get that fix in?

• Like 2

Thanks so much for everything Spyder. You're going to go on to do great things. You've done so many wonderful things for this game I can only imagine the incredible work you'd do for a company (or even for a games studio).

So the HQ's being revealed in ALiVE with the Interaction module. I don't see it mentioned in the known issues or change log. were you able to get that fix in?

I still cannot even repack the pbo properly. The only way I've gotten it to work is throwing the pbo from the old release in there. Just unpacking and repacking the pbo (without changing a single thing) causes errors (That I've checked 50x over, it doesn't exist). So at some point in time I'm guessing it got corrupted or I'm just getting Arma'ed to the extreme. Long story short, it won't even let me edit the damn thing.

Maybe some day I'll have enough patience to try rebuilding it from a fresh pbo.

• Like 1

I still cannot even repack the pbo properly. The only way I've gotten it to work is throwing the pbo from the old release in there. Just unpacking and repacking the pbo (without changing a single thing) causes errors (That I've checked 50x over, it doesn't exist). So at some point in time I'm guessing it got corrupted or I'm just getting Arma'ed to the extreme. Long story short, it won't even let me edit the damn thing.

Maybe some day I'll have enough patience to try rebuilding it from a fresh pbo.

What would happen if you just threw the old PBO in there?

What would happen if you just threw the old PBO in there?

It just behaves as it did in the old versions, with that single question being broken half the time -- That's exactly what I've done for the last two releases. (btw I believe it only breaks when there are installations nearby, but I am not positive that's the case)

I'm willing to donate $$ if it will improve you patience!!!

Great mod, thanks for putting it out there for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thxs for the update Spyder. Ur work is just a must have for arma!

Question: How do I specify the locations in the ambiance module? Just put the city name there (spaces included)? If I leave as it is will it generate ambiance on the whole map?

Cheers

Thxs for the update Spyder. Ur work is just a must have for arma!

Question: How do I specify the locations in the ambiance module? Just put the city name there (spaces included)? If I leave as it is will it generate ambiance on the whole map?

Cheers

Just leave it as the default value, the names in the "Locations" field refer to what type of Arma Locations that ambiance will recognize. By default it recognizes all cities and some small rural areas.

• Like 1

So I was thinking. I remember like a year ago if I recall there was a script version of the conversation system.

Do you think it would still work or do you still have it handy?

I'm thinking if you're having problems with packing the PBO, the script would probably still work, correct? And reveal the HQ's too?

• Like 2

We really really would love to have that feature working. I really am to old to learn how to really write scripts.

So I was thinking. I remember like a year ago if I recall there was a script version of the conversation system.

Do you think it would still work or do you still have it handy?

I'm thinking if you're having problems with packing the PBO, the script would probably still work, correct? And reveal the HQ's too?

We really really would love to have that feature working. I really am to old to learn how to really write scripts.

It's probably in here somewhere

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7amkizpqp7mo50/SpyderAddons_ScriptVersion.rar?dl=0

Just moved today, don't have any internet yet and when I do it will be satellite internet.. which is basically useless. So I probably won't be able to respond to questions very quick. Basically downloading anything is out of the question so I probably won't be able to do much of anything related to Arma.

Spyder, great job on the Call to Prayer module, buddy.

A, the module graphic itself is adorable and also, good pick on the prayer itself.

I tried the option where civs gather near the speakers during prayer time and I got into a firefight. Apparently civs get the new limping animation when shot in the leg. :)

Anyway, good job! I removed the script because this is so much better. The blacklist marker option alone is a real gift.

Is there any documentation anywhere on how to use the custom sound option? I know you're busy so no worries on giving me a quick or detailed response. I have no intention on doing anything with it now anyway. I just saw the blank box and figured I'd ask.

Spyder, great job on the Call to Prayer module, buddy.

A, the module graphic itself is adorable and also, good pick on the prayer itself.

I tried the option where civs gather near the speakers during prayer time and I got into a firefight. Apparently civs get the new limping animation when shot in the leg. :)

Anyway, good job! I removed the script because this is so much better. The blacklist marker option alone is a real gift.

Is there any documentation anywhere on how to use the custom sound option? I know you're busy so no worries on giving me a quick or detailed response. I have no intention on doing anything with it now anyway. I just saw the blank box and figured I'd ask.

Custom sounds are sounds that you've defined in a mission's description.ext or via another mod. The names that you use in that box are the same that you would use with triggers. Ex. playSound3D "soundname"

• Like 1

Hi spyderblack723,

Thank you for the great addon. It makes it so easy to whip up a quick mission with ALIVE.

Re: Recruitment. Could the dialogue text be a bit bigger if possible? It's tiny on my display.

Also, I like how the gear is displayed when recruiting. Would it be possible to show the uniform as well? Useful for factions like CUP BAF where woodland, desert and MTP units are jumbled together.

Hi spyderblack723,

Thank you for the great addon. It makes it so easy to whip up a quick mission with ALIVE.

Re: Recruitment. Could the dialogue text be a bit bigger if possible? It's tiny on my display.

Also, I like how the gear is displayed when recruiting. Would it be possible to show the uniform as well? Useful for factions like CUP BAF where woodland, desert and MTP units are jumbled together.

Thanks,

For now I've stopped development on the mod, but I will add these to a todo file in case I ever get back to doing another update.

Thanks,

For now I've stopped development on the mod, but I will add these to a todo file in case I ever get back to doing another update.

That's ok, it's perfectly workable as is.

I thought of a workaround for the uniform issue: Create 3 soldiers, 1 in each of the camo styles. Sync each soldier to a separate recruitment module with an appropriate blacklist. Done.

• Like 1

Hey Spyder. I know you've ceased support for the mod, but I figured I'd just share for people using it that the Loadout Manager will not work for multiple items in the same mission anymore.

To repro: Sync a Loadout Manager module to an item in the editor. Place another Loadout Manager module down and sync it to another item. When you preview the mission, notice how the ability to access the manager only works on one item.

I used to be able to do this. Perhaps something has changed in your last update and I now can only use one module but should have it synced to multiple items instead?

Intentional?

I'll mess around and see if there's a way to have multiple loadout managers working again.

I haven't changed anything.

Is that only occuring in SP? MP? Both?

Does one module synced to multiple objects work? (Should definitely work)

I haven't changed anything.

Is that only occuring in SP? MP? Both?

Does one module synced to multiple objects work? (Should definitely work)

SP and LAN. I haven't tested a dedicated server yet.

A user here reported in one of my missions that the Arsenal wasn't working at all of my bases and outposts. I usually have one module per Arsenal (so in this case, 4 modules synced to 4 objects) and this has always worked in the past. I loaded it up and he was right.

This always worked. SP and dedicate server.

So I deleted all the modules and replaced them and the same thing.

I'm so set in my ways it didn't even occur to me until reporting the issue that I should have tried syncing one module to multiple objects. :) I'll check. Something definitely changed though. Not sure if it was ever intended to work the way I used it though!

heya, is it possible to set an init for  just the medics class?

I have setup a healbot that heals the team in combat and I would like the init to trigger when I recruit.

Thanks

I am using the Advanced Auto Medic Unit Script