I absolutely love the Loadout Manager, but I'd like to make it behave in such a way that it's not always available (like how you need to be physically near an ammobox to interact with its inventory). Since the module seems to be intrinsically tied to the player, rather than trying to tie its behavior to an object (in the way you'd called BIS_fnc_arsenal on a crate), could that behavior be faked in anyway by somehow having a trigger deactivate the ability to use the Loadout Manger action when the player is, say, a certain distance away from a given object (like a dummy ammo crate)? If so, how could you script that behavior?

In other words, is there anyway to make it so that players aren't able to swap their loadouts in the middle of the field, but rather have to be "back at base" in order to do so?

Are you syncing the loadout manager to an object? Because when you do that it's exactly how it works.

Are you syncing the loadout manager to an object? Because when you do that it's exactly how it works.

Haha, I'm an idiot :banghead:  For some reason I assumed it could only work when synced to a player, I never even bothered to see what happened when you synced it to a flagpole or something (which is exactly what I wanted).  Issue solved!

• Like 2

Hehe ^^

Regarding release, could never get civilian interaction to repack properly (ugh). Was going to release anyway, but then realized I wanted a vehicle respawner module in a mission I'm creating so I wanted to at least finish that module before releasing.

• Like 1

Respawner?

Are vehicles disappearing for you or are you trying to get vehicles to respawn after they get destroyed like players do when they die? Whatever it is it sounds interesting. :)

Respawner?

Are vehicles disappearing for you or are you trying to get vehicles to respawn after they get destroyed like players do when they die? Whatever it is it sounds interesting. :)

Place vehicles in editor and have them respawn once abandoned/destroyed.

Nice. :)

Possible to make it so we can choose between abandoned, destroyed or both? I'd probably prefer to lose ones that I let get obliterated based on my own stupidity. But being able respawn ones I forget to get in and get out of would be awesome. I let the AI (gulp) try to drive (the "try" part is key) a lot. LOL! That would be very useful and thanks for working on it.

How would this differ from the vanilla vehicle respawn module? Doesn't it support just that already?

I will say one feature I wish could be added to the vehicle respawn module would be the (optional) ability to manually respawn a vehicle that's damaged beyond repair, but that you'd otherwise have to intentionally blow up to get it to respawn. Something that would just add a vehicle respawn action to each vehicle that's synced to the module.

How would this differ from the vanilla vehicle respawn module? Doesn't it support just that already?

I will say one feature I wish could be added to the vehicle respawn module would be the (optional) ability to manually respawn a vehicle that's damaged beyond repair, but that you'd otherwise have to intentionally blow up to get it to respawn. Something that would just add a vehicle respawn action to each vehicle that's synced to the module.

Making my own module allows much more customization and flexibility that the vanilla respawn module doesn't offer. I can also maximize performance by unifying multiple modules into a single-cycle system.

Making my own module allows much more customization and flexibility that the vanilla respawn module doesn't offer. I can also maximize performance by unifying multiple modules into a single-cycle system.

Well more power to you, that sounds great.  The stock one certain does leave a lot to be desired...  Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I'm looking for some clarification on the recruitment module and ALiVE's force pool.

Do the recruits pull from the available pool?

In my Operation Hellhound mission I give BLUFOR 100 units in the pool. I always recruit 7 AI when I play. AI don't save when the mission is continued on the server and I need to recruit them again every time I play.

Do alive AI get added back to the force pool on server save and exit or will I systematically use all of my reserves just by playing and recruiting on mission continue?

I'm looking for some clarification on the recruitment module and ALiVE's force pool.

Do the recruits pull from the available pool?

In my Operation Hellhound mission I give BLUFOR 100 units in the pool. I always recruit 7 AI when I play. AI don't save when the mission is continued on the server and I need to recruit them again every time I play.

Do alive AI get added back to the force pool on server save and exit or will I systematically use all of my reserves just by playing and recruiting on mission continue?

Recruitment module is 100% standalone, no interaction with ALiVE.

• Like 1

Recruitment module is 100% standalone, no interaction with ALiVE.

Oh wow really? I can think of some missions already released which would greatly benefit from the recruitment of AI for SP'ers. I had no idea it was standalone.

Good job!

Sorry about the dumb question but i still have problem with the Vehicle Spawner not working on dedicated server, but, instead, it work perfectly fine if the mission is tested withing 3den. Now, the dumb question, which are the parameters that must be filled? (like, i must have a blacklist of all vehicle that i dont want to be spawned?)

Ive configured different vehicle spawner for different vehicles. 

The first one has only the jackal and the coyote from the 3cb [bAF], both of them are in the whitelist. In the "type whitelist" i typed just "Car" and filled the "type blacklist" with all the other type, but the "Blacklist" its empty. Is that a good config?

Any help is appreciated  :(

Thanks in advance  :D

Here the img 6F66BA72407927386DBB8EC461F0F8BE4A5BAAA6

Sorry about the dumb question but i still have problem with the Vehicle Spawner not working on dedicated server, but, instead, it work perfectly fine if the mission is tested withing 3den. Now, the dumb question, which are the parameters that must be filled? (like, i must have a blacklist of all vehicle that i dont want to be spawned?)

Ive configured different vehicle spawner for different vehicles. 

The first one has only the jackal and the coyote from the 3cb [bAF], both of them are in the whitelist. In the "type whitelist" i typed just "Car" and filled the "type blacklist" with all the other type, but the "Blacklist" its empty. Is that a good config?

Any help is appreciated  :(

Thanks in advance  :D

If you have entered any types in the "Type Whitelist" field then you don't need to enter all of the remaining types in the "Type Blacklist" field. Basically, if you use the "Type Whitelist" field then only vehicles of the whitelisted types are available to be spawned (regular non-type white listed vehicles show as well). Also, unless the whitelisted vehicles aren't apart of the BAF-3CB faction (I don't use 3CB), they don't need to be whitelisted.

Regarding the vehicle spawner not working on dedi, ensure you have the latest versions of SpyderAddons on all clients and the server. It is working fine for me and everybody else I've had test it.

• Like 1

Loving this addon! Is the version on armaholic the most current one?" I have the same issue with ambient vehicles working perfectly on my lcoal machine but they dotn spawn on the dedicated server?

Thanks!

Loving this addon! Is the version on armaholic the most current one?" I have the same issue with ambient vehicles working perfectly on my lcoal machine but they dotn spawn on the dedicated server?

Thanks!

Uh, I can't guarantee that it is. I am certain the the Dropbox link and Steam are up-to-date though.

Spyder,

Were you able to fix the Interaction Module so it would reveal the recruitment/ied/weapon depots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder,

Were you able to fix the Interaction Module so it would reveal the recruitment/ied/weapon depots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.. it won't even let me unpack and repack the old civilian interaction pbo without erroring, so essentially I am stuck on that front.

Still mean to release the latest update, but having graduated HS last week I've kind of just taken a break from doing any substantial modding work, so that's the cause for delay.

No.. it won't even let me unpack and repack the old civilian interaction pbo without erroring, so essentially I am stuck on that front.

Still mean to release the latest update, but having graduated HS last week I've kind of just taken a break from doing any substantial modding work, so that's the cause for delay.

HS?

You sound much older in chat. Unless the typical HS graduation in your area is 30 which doubt. :)

Regarding the installations, does that mean we shouldn't expect that at all for the time being? Last progress report on that you made it seem like it would still work even unpacked.

Regarding the installations, does that mean we shouldn't expect that at all for the time being? Last progress report on that you made it seem like it would still work even unpacked.

I am moving in about 2 weeks and I'll be without internet for awhile since it's in the country, which works well when trying to be productive lol. I'll see if I can try and work it out then. I'll try releasing any changes I've made in the past months before that point where I lose internet.

• Like 3

Hmm I just tried the dropbox version and I still don't have civilian ambient vehicles/enemy undercover vehicles on the dedicated server but it works fine hosting on my local machine. 

Has anyone got ambient civilian vehicles to work on a dedicated server?

Has anyone got ambient civilian vehicles to work on a dedicated server?

https://forums.bistudio.com/user/1091584-autigergrad/

has it working here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510801855

In other news, will be sending out test version to people today. If all goes well, hopefully an update by Thursday.

GSW

• Like 3

Hey spyder, is the 1.6 ArmA Update going to have any affect on your above predicted thursday update?
Very keen for the newest version of this to come out, its fantastic stuff.

Hey spyder, is the 1.6 ArmA Update going to have any affect on your above predicted thursday update?

Very keen for the newest version of this to come out, its fantastic stuff.

He's been working with 1.60 for quite some time now (he's a developer for ALiVE and is credited with a lot of the fixes for the ALiVE update released today).

Obviously never expect any dev to commit to a specific date and time though. Spyder's a busy bee making most of the things I love in Arma better and better. :)

• Like 1