It's a minor point, but in line 194 of fnc_vehicleSpawner.sqf, I think you'll get a more accurate count of passenger seats by changing

_vehCargo = getNumber (_configPath >> "transportSoldier");

to something like

_vehCargo = getNumber (_configPath >> "transportSoldier") + count ((allTurrets [_vehicle, true]) - (allTurrets [_vehicle, false]));

to ensure you're counting FFV positions as well, since I believe transportSoldier only refers to non-FFV cargo positions and can be way off from the true value of the total passenger capacity on many vehicles.

Thanks for that, I knew that it counted FFV positions, but didn't know how to correct it and was too lazy to look. Will fix for next release.

Edit: Will have to find a figure out a config way of doing it though since there is no physical vehicle during menu selection.

Will have to find a figure out a config way of doing it though since there is no physical vehicle during menu selection.

Doing that a config way is also something I've been trying to figure out for the longest time, and I think I might have cracked it.  I posted it here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189522-how-to-find-vehicle-cargopassengerffv-seat-capacity/?p=3002293

• Like 1

Doing that a config way is also something I've been trying to figure out for the longest time, and I think I might have cracked it.  I posted it here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189522-how-to-find-vehicle-cargopassengerffv-seat-capacity/?p=3002293

That looks like it would do the trick, thanks again.

Question about the Recruit Spawner module...

Can the initialization box be used to define parameters for the units it spawns?

Example: My ultimate goal is to run "enableSentences false;" for all BLUFOR (3CB) units. I realize I could run it in the mission itself but I like having the OPFOR battle cries.

I actually tried this with the Recruit Spawner and to my surprise, it seems to work (although perhaps just enabling it in my player's init itself was why my spawned teammates didn't speak)?

Anyway, just curious if this is a viable and un-messy solution.

Question about the Recruit Spawner module...

Can the initialization box be used to define parameters for the units it spawns?

Example: My ultimate goal is to run "enableSentences false;" for all BLUFOR (3CB) units. I realize I could run it in the mission itself but I like having the OPFOR battle cries.

I actually tried this with the Recruit Spawner and to my surprise, it seems to work (although perhaps just enabling it in my player's init itself was why my spawned teammates didn't speak)?

Anyway, just curious if this is a viable and un-messy solution.

Yes, just put this line of code in the "Code" field of the module

_this enableSentences false
  • Like 1

Placing

_this enableSentences false
in the code line of the recruitment module, although it works, shows an error when launching the game in the SP editor.

I can get the exact message if you need it, but it's something along the line of "Error: _this enableSentences false missing ;"

This happens whether or not I put a ";" at the end of the line. Should I just ignore it?

Placing

_this enableSentences false
in the code line of the recruitment module, although it works, shows an error when launching the game in the SP editor.

I can get the exact message if you need it, but it's something along the line of "Error: _this enableSentences false missing ;"

This happens whether or not I put a ";" at the end of the line. Should I just ignore it?

That would be my mistake. I've never used the enableSentences command before so I didn't know how to use it. Just throw it in the first line of the init.sqf and it should work for all units in the mission. I'll see if I can find a command to disable it for individual units but I doubt there is one.

Edit: Try this

_this disableConversation false
  • Like 1

Hey Spyder,

Good work, really liking this mod, had started to do something myself in terms of the detection side of it. Having read through the pages, I couldn't find what I am about to ask but also saw that the detection stuff is bugged a bit.

1) Does it matter if you specify something in the incognito gear and not the restricted gear? I tested this out and I started as a NATO rifleman (unarmed) and using Zeus I started as a civvy (purple icon). Does the module not initialize properly? The gear I was listing was a middle east robe and paktol so 'in theory' I should have been classed as a blufor unit until I changed?

2) not really a question - the restricted zones worked fine and the driving offroad and in certain vehicles.

3) Depending on you answer to 1, if its worth getting rid of the restricted gear because I use tryk and loads of different classes of uniform, headwear and vests etc, it would take ages to least each if its not in a faction class. Plus I would not want to restrict everything with a certain faction possibly. Would you allow me to open it up and have a play around with the way it works and also add detection of what weapon the player is carrying too? I.e for going well under cover and infiltrating a compound dressed as the enemy? If I get anything worthy going I will of course send it over to you.

4) the github stuff you have, is that for using? My group has a campaign starting Sunday and I would like to get it updated before we start and you have made some improvements. Mainly looking to use the ambient module, interaction module and the detection one (unless its still a bit broke, I have something very basic but would prefer to get it more advanced like yours).

Thanks again, keep up the good work anyway!

Newey

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the ambience and interaction updates too.

Spyder, were you still planning on hotfixing the HQ's not showing up or were you just going to do the overhaul instead?

Question: Is commanding a civ to "Get Down" working for anyone? They don't like to listen to me anymore. :(

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the ambience and interaction updates too.

Spyder, were you still planning on hotfixing the HQ's not showing up or were you just going to do the overhaul instead?

Question: Is commanding a civ to "Get Down" working for anyone? They don't like to listen to me anymore. :(

Get down is working for me, but then again I'm not using the latest released version. From what I've seen during making civilian interaction, the scripting command used to do it does not seem all too reliable.

If I do another release before civilian interaction is finished then I'll try to hotfix it.

• Like 1

Hey Spyder,

Good work, really liking this mod, had started to do something myself in terms of the detection side of it. Having read through the pages, I couldn't find what I am about to ask but also saw that the detection stuff is bugged a bit.

1) Does it matter if you specify something in the incognito gear and not the restricted gear? I tested this out and I started as a NATO rifleman (unarmed) and using Zeus I started as a civvy (purple icon). Does the module not initialize properly? The gear I was listing was a middle east robe and paktol so 'in theory' I should have been classed as a blufor unit until I changed?

2) not really a question - the restricted zones worked fine and the driving offroad and in certain vehicles.

3) Depending on you answer to 1, if its worth getting rid of the restricted gear because I use tryk and loads of different classes of uniform, headwear and vests etc, it would take ages to least each if its not in a faction class. Plus I would not want to restrict everything with a certain faction possibly. Would you allow me to open it up and have a play around with the way it works and also add detection of what weapon the player is carrying too? I.e for going well under cover and infiltrating a compound dressed as the enemy? If I get anything worthy going I will of course send it over to you.

4) the github stuff you have, is that for using? My group has a campaign starting Sunday and I would like to get it updated before we start and you have made some improvements. Mainly looking to use the ambient module, interaction module and the detection one (unless its still a bit broke, I have something very basic but would prefer to get it more advanced like yours).

Thanks again, keep up the good work anyway!

Newey

1. If I'm remembering it properly. When initialized you get forced to the civilian side and are kept there until you perform an aggressive action like holding a weapon, wearing restricted clothing, or driving a hostile vehicle. Using incognito gear only increases your ability to stay hidden.

3. Go ahead and open it up, that's the only reason it's still in the mod tbh. It has some cool config methods (that could be improved) that allow you to gather all gear that is used by a certain faction.

4. Yes and no. For the most part it is good to use, but do not mess with civilian interaction as it's very WIP. If you want the very latest versions of the other modules, just download the github zip, pbo all folders besides civ_interact inside the addons folder and then replace the pbo's in the release version with the ones you have packed.

I still use the ALiVE Tablet as well.  I love the simplicity of selecting the radius of local forces, and asking them to attack/recon an area.  I know the DEV team incorporated some of this into RC1, but its still not as simple or lovely as the tablet itself.  Would love to see this enhanced or kept up to date should anything change.  Keep up the great work man, love every piece of it.

I know I said I wouldn't update the old one, so I thought I'd inform you of any features that have been ported to the new tablet included in the official ALiVE version. In future versions, I've enabled the ALiVE intel tablet to display visible enemy units that have been scouted by any friendly profiles. This enables you to use the operations and intel tablets in tandem to recon areas, similar to how you could order profiles to recon areas in the non-official tablet.

• Like 3

Hey Spyder, I just picked up the mod, and it's awesome, I've always used Bon's recruitment script, but your recruitment module and the vehicle spawner are amazing. 

Just one quick thing, though, I've been through the thread and didn't see anyone else ask this, but is there a way to dismiss (despawn) a unit you've recruited? If not is that something you could include?

It would be awesome to recruit some guys for one mission, then return to base and dismiss some of the units so you can head out in a smaller vehicle or something like that for your next mission.

Thanks again for all your work, no this and in ALiVE

• Like 1

Hey Spyder, I just picked up the mod, and it's awesome, I've always used Bon's recruitment script, but your recruitment module and the vehicle spawner are amazing. 

Just one quick thing, though, I've been through the thread and didn't see anyone else ask this, but is there a way to dismiss (despawn) a unit you've recruited? If not is that something you could include?

It would be awesome to recruit some guys for one mission, then return to base and dismiss some of the units so you can head out in a smaller vehicle or something like that for your next mission.

Thanks again for all your work, no this and in ALiVE

Thank you!

I can definitely add a module setting that would add an action to each spawned unit to allow you to dismiss them.

For now, you can add this code to the "Code" field in the recruitment module to achieve the same effect.

I'll have to work out the best way to either clean up dismissed units or make them recruit-able again.

_this addAction ["Dismiss", {
    _target = _this select 0;
    _side = side _target;

_group = createGroup _side;
    [_target] joinSilent _group;
}];
  • Like 2

Just one thing I added a 

deletevehicle _target 

to the end just so I didn't have random guys standing around the base.

I have noticed when I team switch into one of the recruited guys in my squad, sometimes they get booted from my squad is there a nice easy way around that?

I'm currently playing your Insurgency ALiVE mission with a couple of tweaks (basically adding your addons for a little more immersion) and having a blast, as well as learning a lot for some missions I'm working on. 

You can dismiss them is the commander tablet if you're playing ALiVE. Go to your units option in the tablet (sorry, not at home. It's the very first option. Top of the list). Select the unit (you'll see his first and last name) and you'll then have the option to remove them from your group.

• Like 1

I've been playing around with the detection module and I really like the idea. The vehicle stuff works great and is perfect for making suspicious driving alert enemies. The spotting behaviour of AI is really weird with the player on foot, though, as noted in this thread, and I see that spyderblack has mentioned that the knowsAbout function is inadequate for the module's intended effect. The weird thing is that when I lower the knowsAbout thresholds to zero, the AI still doesnt spot a synced player even at point blank, so I'm wondering if that's the same problem that's being discussed above and results from what spyderblack was mentioning about the function being inadequate, or if it might be some of the other errors I'm seeing thrown here and there. In any case, really appreciate the work that was done on this, it's a great mod!!

Spyder, I know you're busy supporting ALiVE but would it be possible to get a hotfix for the Interaction module not revealing weapons depots/IED factories?

I'm assuming your in-house version is probably much further along than the released version so it's ok if it's not really viable at this point. Figured it was worth a shot asking.

I've been playing around with the detection module and I really like the idea. The vehicle stuff works great and is perfect for making suspicious driving alert enemies. The spotting behaviour of AI is really weird with the player on foot, though, as noted in this thread, and I see that spyderblack has mentioned that the knowsAbout function is inadequate for the module's intended effect. The weird thing is that when I lower the knowsAbout thresholds to zero, the AI still doesnt spot a synced player even at point blank, so I'm wondering if that's the same problem that's being discussed above and results from what spyderblack was mentioning about the function being inadequate, or if it might be some of the other errors I'm seeing thrown here and there. In any case, really appreciate the work that was done on this, it's a great mod!!

Thank you!

I actually have the opposite problem with the module, I'm detected instantly at any range under 300m. \_(ツ)_/¯

Spyder, I know you're busy supporting ALiVE but would it be possible to get a hotfix for the Interaction module not revealing weapons depots/IED factories?

I'm assuming your in-house version is probably much further along than the released version so it's ok if it's not really viable at this point. Figured it was worth a shot asking.

I really do need to hotfix that. In a perfect world the reworked version was released months ago, but obviously that's not the case here :( . I'll see if I can scrounge together whatever changes I've made since last release and fix this issue and look towards another release.

• Like 2

Thank you!

I actually have the opposite problem with the module, I'm detected instantly at any range under 300m. \_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the response! Actually, it's good to know both extremes can happen, and I have seen it work more-or-less as I would expect on rare occasion, so at least it'll keep players guessing :D . I'll carry on with the module, who knows, might find something out about knowsAbout.

I really do need to hotfix that. In a perfect world the reworked version was released months ago, but obviously that's not the case here  :( . I'll see if I can scrounge together whatever changes I've made since last release and fix this issue and look towards another release.

Well.. update is ready to go except for civilian interaction being fixed. Every time I try to repack the old pbo, even with zero changes done to it, Arma is unable to find the files upon game startup (works perfectly fine if I don't repack the pbo). Will mess around with it for a few days, otherwise I'll just release anyway after that.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the Loadout Manager, but I'd like to make it behave in such a way that it's not always available (like how you need to be physically near an ammobox to interact with its inventory).  Since the module seems to be intrinsically tied to the player, rather than trying to tie its behavior to an object (in the way you'd called BIS_fnc_arsenal on a crate), could that behavior be faked in anyway by somehow having a trigger deactivate the ability to use the Loadout Manger action when the player is, say, a certain distance away from a given object (like a dummy ammo crate)?  If so, how could you script that behavior?

In other words, is there anyway to make it so that players aren't able to swap their loadouts in the middle of the field, but rather have to be "back at base" in order to do so?