Hi Spyder, I presume it's fixed in your next update but I've noticed when saving a loadout with two optic / binocular slot items (i.e. a laser designator assigned and an MX-2A thermal optic from ACE3 in in backpack) it can duplicate one of the items and not load the other one. Also, laser designator batteries frequently don't save. Again, sure it's all good in the new version and can't wait to see it but figured it was worth a heads up. Keep up the good work buddy! 

Hi Spyder, I presume it's fixed in your next update but I've noticed when saving a loadout with two optic / binocular slot items (i.e. a laser designator assigned and an MX-2A thermal optic from ACE3 in in backpack) it can duplicate one of the items and not load the other one. Also, laser designator batteries frequently don't save. Again, sure it's all good in the new version and can't wait to see it but figured it was worth a heads up. Keep up the good work buddy! 

Missed this question, sorry. Hopefully this will fix itself with the newest loadout manager as it's more precise in what it saves (was missing a few things such as secondary weapon items).

If it's still present after release let me know.

Hopefully a new release within the error unless a bug presents itself.

• Like 1

Key features of this update:

- Loadout manager has received a complete rework and now includes many new features such as creating folders to store loadouts. It also improves upon existing features, definitely check it out. Images can be found on the steam workshop page.

- Search feature in civilian interaction has been reworked to work more similar to the standard vanilla search system

Recently I remembered I had changed my aspect ratio to a custom one that fitted my liking. Well I forgot that also impacts how my menus looked as they were designed for a non-standard aspect ratio, I would like to fix this in the future.

As I reworked the Loadout Manager I realized that pretty much all of my other modules could do with a nice update to bring them up to a better standard. As things progress I'll probably iterate through modules and give them an overhaul.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs (specifically civilian interaction as I merged a WIP and stable version together at the last second for release) and I will try to fix them as quick as possible.

Note: I will work on creating the scripted version over the next week, I did not want to hold up the main release. I will also attempt to add to the wiki located here so that users can get a better understanding of how the mod works.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Jan 31 @ 8:21pm

Changelog

- [sup_loadout] Reworked entirely

- [x_lib] Added fnc_displayNotification

- [civ_interact] Reworked search system to work similar to the vanilla search system

- [civ_interact] Refactored code in prepartion for future rework

- [sup_recruit] Added code parameter that runs on unit spawn

- [sup_vehiclespawn] Added code parameter that runs on vehicle spawn

- [civ_interact] Made civilian names persistent through despawn (Currently persists through death as well. Will be fixed in future)

- [amb_ambiance] Can now sync Game Logics to module to define custom locations

- [general] Replaced ALiVE functions with CBA functions in modules that don't require ALiVE (oops)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links on frontpage updated

• Like 2

I think it would be cool if you could find a way to have the hostile civilians (the suicide bombers, civilian car ambushes etc) not get immediately recognized by the friendly AI as an enemy until the civs make a hostile act first. When you have AI teammates in your squad, it sort of ruins the surprise when they know the dudes are bad before they even do anything suspicious.

• Like 1

I think it would be cool if you could find a way to have the hostile civilians (the suicide bombers, civilian car ambushes etc) not get immediately recognized by the friendly AI as an enemy until the civs make a hostile act first. When you have AI teammates in your squad, it sort of ruins the surprise when they know the dudes are bad before they even do anything suspicious.

Shall not be forgotten this time ;)

https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderAddons/issues/9

• Like 1

Just realized I forgot to use forceAddUniform for the loadout manager meaning it will not load any uniforms that belong to your side when loading classes (oops).

Will release a hotfix soon within a day 

Spyder Addons

A collection of modules and scripts designed to aid mission makers in adding depth to their missions

This mod was created to help mission makers add depth to their missions with ease through the use of modules. Paired with a greater mission making tool such as ALiVE, entire missions can be created almost solely through the use of modules.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to grant every request, but I love to hear suggestions that would make your life easier.

A few screenshots can be viewed here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=579263829

Features.....

Sounds neat but will it hinder the normal SP save feature like Alive?

There's no data being persisted on my side, so there is no effect on SP saving from this mod.

Nice but I am unable to get Insurgency working. Placed it in the editor with just a player unit. Nothing spawns. Place down "Alive (Required)" module along with it, still nothing spawns. Eagerly awaiting the documentation. :)

So I'm working on a mission on CLAfghan. This is one of those maps that wasn't set up in a way to use the ambience module before the newest SpyderAddons update.

I've never used the Game Logic module before. Could someone tell how to properly use it and how to get it working with the ambience module?

I just put the ambience module down (not synced) and added the class names of vics, civs and enemies I want to spawn in the their respective section.

Works fine on my end in kunduz. Havnt tried clafghan yet.

There's a problem on CLAfghan that doesn't allow the Ambience module to work. The update from a couple days ago allows us to use the Game Logic module to override that kind of map issue. I was just asking how that looks in practice. I've never used Game Logic before.

This is the only map I've had the ambience issue on.

Nice but I am unable to get Insurgency working. Placed it in the editor with just a player unit. Nothing spawns. Place down "Alive (Required)" module along with it, still nothing spawns. Eagerly awaiting the documentation. :)

The insurgency module is WIP and probably doesn't do what you think, I left it in so scripters could make use of the functions it provides, I need to remove the module part of it so it is not visible.

So I'm working on a mission on CLAfghan. This is one of those maps that wasn't set up in a way to use the ambience module before the newest SpyderAddons update.

I've never used the Game Logic module before. Could someone tell how to properly use it and how to get it working with the ambience module?

Go to the create a unit screen, change the side to "Logic". Find Game Logic within those subfactions. Place that "unit" to the place you want ambiance to exist, and sync it to the ambiance module.

--

I'll release a small hotfix today to fix some issues with the loadout manager

• Like 1

The insurgency module is WIP and probably doesn't do what you think, I left it in so scripters could make use of the functions it provides, I need to remove the module part of it so it is not visible.

Go to the create a unit screen, change the side to "Logic". Find Game Logic within those subfactions. Place that "unit" to the place you want ambiance to exist, and sync it to the ambiance module.

--

I'll release a small hotfix today to fix some issues with the loadout manager

So realistically I'll need to place like several dozen of the Game Logic modules, right? Similar to the amount of circles I'd see in Ambience debug I take it?

So realistically I'll need to place like several dozen of the Game Logic modules, right? Similar to the amount of circles I'd see in Ambience debug I take it?

Yeah, one for each area

Small hotfix to fix a few outstanding issues and a few issues found after the release of last update

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8x2alhz5dxvx1o/SpyderAddons.rar?dl=0

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=579263829

Update Feb 2 @ 7:41 pm

Changelog
- [All] Fixed error on module init (isDisposable)
- [All] Fixed RscButton sound errors
- [misc] Config improvements
- [sup_loadout] Fixed emply entries in loadout display
- [sup_loadout] Fixed typo in saveLoadout function
- [sup_loadout] changed addUniform to forceAddUniform to allow loading of enemy-side uniforms
- [amb_ambiance] Optimized for long term missions
- [amb_ambiance] Enemy groups will stay civilians until they choose to act aggressively
- [mil_insurgency] Hid module (functions still accessible)
  • Like 2

Yeah, one for each area

Ok, so Unit>Game Logic> I get but which "Class" do we select?

Sorry to ask such dumb questions. There's just a bunch of classes and then within them, even more subclasses (called "units").

It's not obvious to me which selection would replicate those large debug circles which organically come with the ambience module when we need to force it like this.

Ok, so Unit>Game Logic> I get but which "Class" do we select?

Sorry to ask such dumb questions. There's just a bunch of classes and then within them, even more subclasses (called "units").

It's not obvious to me which selection would replicate those large debug circles which organically come with the ambience module when we need to force it like this.

There should be one called just "Game Logic". If you can't find it I'll post a picture when I'm home

Thanks again Foxhound :)

There should be one called just "Game Logic". If you can't find it I'll post a picture when I'm home

Thanks again Foxhound :)

I'll take you up on that photo. I'm permanently cross-eyed now trying to figure out which Game Logic option to use last night. :)

Ive noticed with the loadout manager it deletes things like rifle ammo when u load a class.

I use loadout manager, arsenal, back to loadout manager and save class. When i load the saved class ammo is down to 1 mag??

I'll take you up on that photo. I'm permanently cross-eyed now trying to figure out which Game Logic option to use last night. :)

The game logic section does not appear until you have at least one player unit (not playable.. but player) on the map.

Ive noticed with the loadout manager it deletes things like rifle ammo when u load a class.

I use loadout manager, arsenal, back to loadout manager and save class. When i load the saved class ammo is down to 1 mag??

Did you get the hotfix for this last night? This should be fixed!

The game logic section does not appear until you have at least one player unit (not playable.. but player) on the map.

Oh. Sorry if I was confusing. I have playable units on the map and I can see the Game Logic option. It just has a super megaton of subclasses so I don't know which one to plop down on the map to use for syncing. There's flags and other objects and a TON of other stuff to pick from.