hi spyder,

I am thinking about of using your addon may in my Cold War missions

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181873-alive-rhs-cold-war/

specially the civilian interaction part would bring some spice in it !

my question,

is there a way to integrate this script wise, not with an addon?

I'm really not so a fan of tons of addons as mission requirements

if yes, how?

or maybe would you be so kind and release this also as a non addon,

easy to integrate in a mission ?

that would be so cool

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

I tried with only the newest CBA_A3 loaded and it looks like Virtual Arsenal is always available. It is turned off in the loadout module in an exported mission that only contains a player, a crate and the loadout module synched to a non-player character.

Took a look, can't seem to repro. Was this test done in the editor or in MP? Can you toss me the mission in which you were having issues?

hi spyder,

my question,

if yes, how?

that would be so cool

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

I was planning to, but it just leads to more work, more things to update. Every change I make to the mod version, I have to make to the script version while tip-toeing around assets that exist in the mod but not in the script version. Overall, it's just a hindrance to progress and efficient use of time. I'll try to make at least one version that can be used as a script instead of a module, but no promises.

would you allow me to just extract the civilian interaction

and maybe the Insurgency (WIP) part and use as script in my mission?

for all the other stuff I do not really have a use,

I do this usually myself with few tiny scripts and use of zeus.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

would you allow me to just extract the civilian interaction

and maybe the Insurgency (WIP) part and use as script in my mission?

for all the other stuff I do not really have a use,

I do this usually myself with few tiny scripts and use of zeus.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Permission granted, I'll look at an official script version of civ interact today. Insurgency is really WIP atm, really the only useful purpose of it is to view all insurgent installations. You're welcome to use it if you want though.

Thanks Brawler. Sorry, this isn't a new issue. Spyder and I have been talking about this on other forums.

If I had to hazard a guess, my suspicion is that for some reason, downloading a mission with the Vehicle Spawner in place (and working correctly in the original file), something is causing it to not get properly loaded.

For instance, I'd wager if I packed up your mission in a PBO and sent it back to you, when you tried to play it yourself you'd see it isn't working for you either, even though everything would look fine in the Editor.

This has happened to me on four separate ALiVE missions now, yours included.

Once it's removed and replaced (and resynced) it will work perfectly every time after that.

I actually wonder if this can occur due to one person using the workshop version and someone else using the Dropbox link. The Workshop and Armaholic links have spaces in them due to the way Steam Workshop creates the mod name. I'll probably put a space in the dropbox link version next update just to keep it consistent.

Permission granted, I'll look at an official script version of civ interact today. Insurgency is really WIP atm, really the only useful purpose of it is to view all insurgent installations. You're welcome to use it if you want though.

I actually wonder if this can occur due to one person using the workshop version and someone else using the Dropbox link. The Workshop and Armaholic links have spaces in them due to the way Steam Workshop creates the mod name. I'll probably put a space in the dropbox link version next update just to keep it consistent.

Sorry I meant to update you on this.

You're exactly right. One person using WS, the other using Dropbox. It's never happened to me when using WS to WS or Dropbox to Dropbox.

Sorry for forgetting to tell you this sooner. My bad.

hi spyder,

my question,

if yes, how?

that would be so cool

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Alright here is what I came up with

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7amkizpqp7mo50/SpyderAddons_ScriptVersion.rar?dl=0

• Like 2

thank you very much :D

you so cool ;)

This looks great but I can't find any documentation on how to use it in editor or in game. How do you  get the interaction menu? is it a scroll wheel or is there an assigned key? etc

This looks great but I can't find any documentation on how to use it in editor or in game. How do you  get the interaction menu? is it a scroll wheel or is there an assigned key? etc

It's just a standard scroll wheel action. I'm planning on documentation, just need the time to do it.

For now, try to follow the usage section listed after each feature on the main post

Once the documentation is up, it'll be found here

Ok thanks! It's weird I placed the interaction module but Im not getting any scroll wheel options for civs 

Ok thanks! It's weird I placed the interaction module but Im not getting any scroll wheel options for civs 

If you are using modded units you might need to include the cba_auto_xeh pbo from the CBA options folder in the CBA addons folder

• Like 1

Spyder, I can definitely confirm the previous poster about explosives not showing up in your custom search function.

I debugged the civilian modules and saw a suicide bomber placed on the map. I teleported to him and searched him but it said he only had a compass and an outfit (with nothing in it), etc. Though I could literally see the suicide vest through his shirt! LOL! After a couple seconds, BOOM! :)

Not sure if it's a mod conflict with your mod or if ALiVE in general can't detect these things as a physical object.

Mods used are: CBA, AiA, Sangin, RHS US and RHS RUS, CAF Aggressors, CAF Audio Patch, Spyder Addons, ALiVE, and ShackTac UI. I'll PM you the mission file if you want to investigate further.

EDIT: PBO sent as PM just incase you're curious. Please don't mind how crap of a mission this is. There's mistakes everwhere. But if you debug the civilian modules I think you might see what I'm talking about.

That's because when the vest is visible, it is not actually part of his inventory but a few charges stuck to his chest, at that point.. just shoot them!

• Like 1

That's because when the vest is visible, it is not actually part of his inventory but a few charges stuck to his chest, at that point.. just shoot them!

Can do! LOL!

But he got me first that sonuvabitch!!!! :)

• Like 2

Small update to push some things out the door.

If you had downloaded previous versions from the dropbox link, you will need to replace the modules used in your missions for them to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Dec 30 @ 7:57pm

Changelog

- [civ_interact] Optimized

- [x_lib] Added documentation for functions with none

- [x_lib] Added isFaction

- [sup_vehiclespawn] Added spawn height parameter

- [mil_detection] Fixed faction headgear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

New mod v0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey SpyderBlack723 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

What are the differences between Spyder Addons insurgency and ALiVE's insurgency module?

What are the differences between Spyder Addons insurgency and ALiVE's insurgency module?

Spyder Addons Insurgency is for the players to play as insurgents. It is currently still in WIP so nothing really works. Eventually, when the module is placed down, you the player will be able to create installations, i.e. recruitment centers, IED factories, etc. ALiVE's Insurgency allows players to play against an insurgency.

• Like 1

Spyder Addons Insurgency is for the players to play as insurgents. It is currently still in WIP so nothing really works. Eventually, when the module is placed down, you the player will be able to create installations, i.e. recruitment centers, IED factories, etc. ALiVE's Insurgency allows players to play against an insurgency.

The only functional bits as of now are creating installations (but there is no menu to use the actions), viewing all insurgent installations, viewing all insurgent groups.

This sounds fantastic, keep up the awesome work Spyder! Another broad question I guess, do your addons improve the ALiVE experience?

This sounds fantastic, keep up the awesome work Spyder! Another broad question I guess, do your addons improve the ALiVE experience?

They're intended to! I make about 95% of my missions with ALiVE, therefore all of these were developed and intended to be used in an ALiVE mission environment (but can be used without). Some modules, like Civilian Interaction and Insurgency, directly tap into ALiVE and therefore showcase what ALiVE is really capable of. Other modules, that don't require ALiVE, are still useful (mainly for small groups/solo players) by allowing you to add easy-to-use, flexible systems like Recruitment and Vehicle Spawners that even take factions as a whitelist option (can simply copy&paste your ALiVE faction to the module faction field and have all units/vehicles available to that faction). Ambiance is also a neat module for use in asymmetric missions to keep players on their toes and give the environment around them some life.

• Like 1

I can't play ALiVE without it anymore. So yes, yes it does. :)

I love it to pieces.