Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Mi-2 "hoplite"

I want a Mi-2 Hoplite helicopter for the East...

5401.gif

Roles:

Transport, cargo, reconnaissance, trainer, search and rescue, liaison, armed support  

Payload:

Transports 6-8 troops or 700 kg internal cargo or 800 kg external load on 4x external hardpoints.

Armament:

23-mm Automatic Cannon, NS-23KM:

Range: (practical) 2,500 m

Elevation/Traverse: None (rigidly-mounted)

Ammo type: HEFI, HEI, APT, APE, CC

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 550

7.62-mm or Pintle-mounted Machinegun:

(may be mounted in left-side cabin door)

Range: (practical) 1,000 m

Ammo type: HEFI, HEI, APT, APE, CC

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 250

OR

12.7-mm or Pintle-mounted Machinegun:

(may be mounted in left-side cabin door)

Range: (practical) 1,500 m

Ammo type: API, API-T, IT, HEI

Rate of Fire (rpm): (practical) 100

1 - 23-mm automatic cannon

1 - 7.62-mm or 12.7-mm MG

4 - AT-3c/SAGGER ATGM

4 - SA-7b/GRAIL missile

2 - 57-mm Rocket pods (16 each)

Twin or single fixed 7.62-mm or 12.7-mm MG

External fuel tanks (liters)

You, of course can find all this info and more at FAS

Not EXACTLY an OH-58 equivalent, but a damn good helicopter for the east smile.gif

Pictures:

They might take a long while to load...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/279236/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/279197/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/277350/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/267545/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/263632/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/211641/L/

I am sure that this is plenty of photos to get the general idea of the shape of the helicopter smile.gif

Now that I have gone to all the trouble of making this post... please make one wink.gif

That Ka-27 doesn't look like a Hoplite smile.gif

Eviscerator... maybe you could do some kind of East helicopter pack... *cough*  wink.gif *cough

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Oct. 19 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That Ka-27 doesn't look like a Hoplite smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That doesn't look like a Ka-27 to begin with. Why not release screen shots of a vehicle at a stage of development that one can actually bare to look at.

Evis and I have alot work on Ballistic, Marine helos and he is doing a new blackhawk model

A polish mod has made a Hoplite

lwp mod page

Pictures

t_mi2_01.jpgt_mi2_08.jpgt_mi2_04.jpgt_mi2_02.jpgt_mi2_09.jpg

Not a member of the team just have the link  smile.gif so dont know anything about release date or anything

Heh, this would make a nice addon. It would be nice to see a Mi-8 too, it wouldn't be pretty hard to do, just rip the rocket pods from Mi-17.

By the way, what's up with the russian aircraft industry and the designers? Am I the only one who thinks russian designs are pretty crude and "ugly" when compared to western helicopters/planes? smile.gif

Is Mi-2 still used? It's pretty old.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Oct. 20 2002,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lwp mod page

Pictures

t_mi2_01.jpgt_mi2_08.jpgt_mi2_04.jpgt_mi2_02.jpgt_mi2_09.jpg

Not a member of the team just have the link  smile.gif so dont know anything about release date or anything<span id='postcolor'>

Those lool sweet, but those guys haven't updated their site for awhile now, maybe they're working on something big smile.gif

the smoke gen looks good.

like the lynx smoke gen that kegeys made ?

mi2_09.jpg

Yeah... I hope they release the Mi-2.

If you could have parts fall off in ofp, you could just ram the rocket pods of the mi17 into a building and bam! - youve got yourself an Mi8 smile.gif

The mi26 is a pretty impressive cargo aircraft... it is like 1 1/2 times the size of the CH-47

This MI is maked by AirWolf, the author of the new AirWolf mod.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Oct. 21 2002,06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The chopper is released soon!<span id='postcolor'>

Really?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Oct. 20 2002,13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...)

Not a member of the team just have the link  smile.gif so dont know anything about release date or anything<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know if we will be able to release the whole MOD...

It doesn't appears to me, that it will be ever released...

But you can be sure - Mi-2 _will_ be released.

I still working on it, I've got to correct some thing, I've got to create some things, and I still improving the model (for example - I've added opening cargo-doors some days ago) but I don't have time even to check out all these new, great addons - so be patient and don't worry - it's on the good way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nathanz @ Oct. 20 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the smoke gen looks good.

like the lynx smoke gen that kegeys made ?<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly - It's based on the Kegetys's Lynx Smoke Generator but I've made some 'tuning' so it better fits aerial smoke-generator ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AirwolfPL @ Oct. 22 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still working on it, I've got to correct some thing, I've got to create some things, and I still improving the model (for example - I've added opening cargo-doors some days ago) but I don't have time even to check out all these new, great addons - so be patient and don't worry - it's on the good way.<span id='postcolor'>

Would you consider making a russian skin for it??

Czechloslovakia and Russian skins would be nice... and high res textures like in Flight Sim 2002.

Thanks for making one, Airwolf smile.gif Looks like you are working hard on it

I would also like to see a Russian camo pattern for it. The one in the pics doesn't really suit the OFP islands and makes it stand out rather than hide it. But to be honest I just want it to be released because it looks so good and the East are really lacking a small, agile chopper like this. smile.gif

Looks nice. THe chem. version could certainly be neat. I wonder if it will injure you if you're standing below it.

Our MOD is working on Mi2. We've got the model but the textures and LOD's aren't finished. Maybe someone could help us giving the photos of interiour ? If you have them - PM me the link

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Oct. 23 2002,03:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks nice.  THe chem. version could certainly be neat.  I wonder if it will injure you if you're standing below it.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, smoke shield doesn't harm people - it's just decrasing visibility...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Oct. 23 2002,03:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would also like to see a Russian camo pattern for it. The one in the pics doesn't really suit the OFP islands and makes it stand out rather than hide it. But to be honest I just want it to be released because it looks so good and the East are really lacking a small, agile chopper like this.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe I will create russian camo but it isn't priority for me...

Texture resolutions will be not higher than resolution of standard OFP's textures, because it's not for looking at but for playing with.

There will be also Police version (in Nogova Police paint scheme - eventualy equipped with high-power spotlight) and Civilian version...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Oct. 23 2002,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our MOD is working on Mi2. We've got the model but the textures and LOD's aren't finished. Maybe someone could help us giving the photos of interiour ? If you have them - PM me the link<span id='postcolor'>

I will try to find you some textures Stalker.

BTW, any word on the Mi-26 release? smile.gif