Yuval

Fix it already! (Unable_to_init_DXGI)

Ever since the new update came out, me and my friends experience ALOT of crashing in whatever is not Altis or Stratis! Be it Chernarus, Esseker or Panthera we crash! It doesn't have anything to do with Exile because I tested everything without exile and it still crashes. Funny thing is it always crashes at certain point of the map (If I take a littlebird from the east airfield in panthera and fly west in the valley I crash exactly when the river starts).

This is some really tough bullshit to deal with for over a week. I don't even know whether my mission scripting causes crashes or it's just the game being the game. (And yeah, I tested without any mission or anything. Plain editor preview mode)

Please fix this ASAP.

Crash reports would help, open a ticket at http://feedback.arma3.com/and post all info, attach crash reports and client side RPT logs etc

I played Wasteland and Epoch recently on many maps, never crashed once or had any issues.

Crash reports would help, open a ticket at http://feedback.arma3.com/and post all info, attach crash reports and client side RPT logs etc

I played Wasteland and Epoch recently on many maps, never crashed once or had any issues.

I've been digging for a bit. Which mod do you use for ArmA 2 / 1 content? (All in ArmA, A3MP, etc...).

Please include version if you can.

Edit: Yep thats what I thought. Loaded up AiA Lite instead of the regular one and no crashing. It looks like AiA got broken last patch or it got ruined somehow because it worked perfectly before.

I use the latest AiA TP (1st Jan 2015) with the hotfix and launch it first in my parameters, the order mattters now, never did in the past

Edit: Yep thats what I thought. Loaded up AiA Lite instead of the regular one and no crashing. It looks like ...

....you don't proper patch regular AiA_TP. You miss 2015_01_01_Patch or 2015_01_01_Hotfix_1.

I received a similar error over the past six months and I've never really been able to fix it.... If its not (Unable_to_Init_DXGI), Status_Wait_1, or Status_Application_Hang it's something else with this game. The support I received when I submitted my error report was terrible, they replied immediately after I first submitted but after they asked me to do like two things and they just gave up.  I don't know if your error is the same as mine but I get an unrecoverable game freeze at some point while playing on Chernarus winter and regular Chernarus. After this freeze I cannot rejoin the server. The only fix is an admin has to wipe me from the server and basically reset my character.

I received a similar error over the past six months and I've never really been able to fix it.... If its not (Unable_to_Init_DXGI), Status_Wait_1, or Status_Application_Hang it's something else with this game. The support I received when I submitted my error report was terrible, they replied immediately after I first submitted but after they asked me to do like two things and they just gave up.  I don't know if your error is the same as mine but I get an unrecoverable game freeze at some point while playing on Chernarus winter and regular Chernarus. After this freeze I cannot rejoin the server. The only fix is an admin has to wipe me from the server and basically reset my character.

So, badly made unofficial mods/missions are BI's fault, is that what you're saying?

It could be badly made mods & missions, I'll go with that.... or It could also be that ARMA 3 is badly made or managed. Arma was release in Sept of 2013, It has hundreds of bugs yet they release DLC's for a game that is still broken.  Im not here to argue what the cause is, I just want to play my game. Arma 3 in it's broken greatness is still the best mil sim ever created, w/ the mods of course. This particular error is definitely related to one of the mods.

I still struggle with this issue. Have tried to load game without any mods and basically only playing Bohemia provided missions/campaings, but still crash when loading a savegame. It only fails when loading a save game though. I haven't been playing for a month or so kind of asumes that recent Arma 3 update has something to do with this as I ran it without problems last month.

Have tried to downgrade Nvidia drivers and reset the Arma3.cfg file.

Any ideas would be great :)

Can also add that prior to getting the Unable to init dxgi message I get the following error message: Cannot load 'C:\Users\Petter\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\Steam\XXmissionnameXX\save.arma3save'

The dxgi relates to a graphical issue, mitigated it by disabling a 3rd party overlay (overwolf). Might help you guys but I'm not sure.

Sauce:

0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

The game is unable to initialize a graphical subsystem. Possible solutions:

Update the graphics card drivers to a newer version.

Rollback the graphics card drivers to an older version.

Check the temperature of your GPUs and CPUs.

Disable the Steam Overlay.

It's not the same error but dxgi stands for directx graphical interface

Hello, I'm sad to jump into this ship too... It's the very first time I have a problem with ArmA that I can't fix myself. 

I get "0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI"   either at random points while playing different modes, or at specific points in certain missions. 

I've tried everything from new drivers, old ones, slightly incompatible ones, reinstalled windows, arma, steam, etc... To no avail.

Here are links to my dropbox where anyone who'd like to help can get my logs (autogenerated error-report) with mods: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2yzujzyrhxjz5x/ArmaReport_Log_20160318T195043_Angel.zip?dl=0

and without mods (there is no difference whatsoever, I crash either way with the same error code):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srm9tsun9nh6xcs/ArmaReport_Log_20160321T173705_Angel_noMods.zip?dl=0

Edit:

I found this: https://communities.intel.com/thread/46821?start=0&tstart=0, which might be useful for people running the game on an HD 4000.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I fixed the issue. The bad news is that it took a fresh install of my OS to do it.

Symptoms: Game begins to lag and then freezes, but will not crash/close until it is force quit.

Log info: In Vanilla or modded gameplay, after 5-15 min a large amount of the following warnings are seen.
WARNING: SuppressCache::Trace called with huge input. Function exited to prevent program stall inside. 
After force quit
"0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI" is seen

Troubleshooting: All drivers, Direct X, and Arma were reinstalled, none of which fixed the issues. I tried various things I found online such as lowering sound quality but it didn't work. DayZ (same engine) ran for hours without any issues so I ruled out hardware issues.

Fix: Moved Arma profiles and other files I wanted to keep to my D: drive and did a fresh install of Windows on my SSD. Reinstalled drivers and Arma was working like a champ.

WARNING: SuppressCache::Trace called with huge input. Function exited to prevent program stall inside.

After force quit "0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI" is seen

This. This error. I cannot make it stop. It really REALLY needs to be looked at and fixed.

Mine just pumps out different coordinates and literally will write thousands of times in my logs.

Do you happen to have any rpts with this error you could share so maybe a dev can finally get rid of it?

@HeroesandvillainsOS , do you have issues running other games or is this only an Arma issues? (Rule out hardware issues.) Theres something somewhere in my old OS install that seemed to be causing the compatibility issue. Send a PM to Developer "Razazel" and he can try to help.

Its now 2016-06-21 and the bug is still there.

It was the same with Arma 2. And the same with Crisis 3 as well as battlefield 3.

Those two said game have been patch and it is fix. But for the Arma 2 and Arma 3 well its another story.

I was help by a Technician From Bohemia Int. And it isnt working. Not my pc for sure i never had those problem before this is ridiculous.

Unable_to_init_DXGI is still a thing.

Isnt there realy no solution ?

if any of you are wondering its not a hardware issue or anything wrong with your computer. unless tens of thousands of computers across the planet are having the same horrible hardware problem at the same exact time.

this bug really makes me regret my purchase of arma 3 and i want to stress that in the harshest possible terms.

its been years now and its still in the game. every time i ask for help even if i post a full log with every detail imaginable i get ignored along with pretty much everyone else who posts about it.

it makes the game totally unplayable and beyond that it can cause your video driver to crash and never recover. then you have to restart your computer by holding the power button down. hope you werent working on anything important.

this doesnt happen in any other game ive ever played in literally my entire life on the planet earth. so its safe to say that arma 3 is the cause of it and not some dust mite sitting on circuitboard.

like someone else in this topic said: they have the time to cook up DLC that people dont even want to buy, but they dont have the time to fix the incredible number of game-breaking bugs already in the game.

at this point i've completely given up all hope that they will ever fix it or even acknowledge that it exists. might as well go back to playing operation arrowhead.

maybe in arma 4 they will fix it?

if any of you are wondering its not a hardware issue or anything wrong with your computer. unless tens of thousands of computers across the planet are having the same horrible hardware problem at the same exact time.

:o

So glad i'm not one of them tens of thousands of affected users, mine runs fine, never experienced any crashes ever and i used a lot of mods for different maps and missions.