9 hours ago, sossyboy said:

I love this mod, but for some reason, in my game the two metallic things on the back of the helmets are way too bright. The only way i can actually see the details is if i put the unit in heavy shade, even then it looks like its in direct sunlight.

those are cat eyes. they're reflective patches intended to be highly visible, for friendly identification and such. they tend to turn out pretty bright in reality, especially in sunlight. I dont think theres a problem here. 

71Z66As0JCL._SX425_.jpg

Grenada-BDU-and-ERDL.jpg

25ab8007-d9dd-43a5-9866-bdd13e243e25.jpg

• Like 5

The "cat eyes" were developed in the 1970's and put to use starting in late 1979. I think the official introduction date was either 1980 or 1981 and this was done because the US military wanted to start pushing to operate at night for most combat operations. This band was developed to give the individual soldiers the ability to see the guy in front of them in a column or in a patrol without needing NVG's. Keep in mind that NVG's were super rare and basically only given to Spec Ops units such as Delta, SEAL Team 6, 160th SOAR and selected SF and SEAL units going on deployments due to the cost of the individual devices. At this time Rangers were not considered special operators in the 80's. At least this is what I understand from some old instructor guys I had back then.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2018 at 9:04 AM, sossyboy said:

I love this mod, but for some reason, in my game the two metallic things on the back of the helmets are way too bright. The only way i can actually see the details is if i put the unit in heavy shade, even then it looks like its in direct sunlight.

Those are glow in the dark tabs.  I know modern day helmets have IR tabs, but in the 90s they were glow in the dark tabs.

18 hours ago, Nichols said:

The "cat eyes" were developed in the 1970's and put to use starting in late 1979. I think the official introduction date was either 1980 or 1981 and this was done because the US military wanted to start pushing to operate at night for most combat operations. This band was developed to give the individual soldiers the ability to see the guy in front of them in a column or in a patrol without needing NVG's. Keep in mind that NVG's were super rare and basically only given to Spec Ops units such as Delta, SEAL Team 6, 160th SOAR and selected SF and SEAL units going on deployments due to the cost of the individual devices. At this time Rangers were not considered special operators in the 80's. At least this is what I understand from some old instructor guys I had back then.

Yes, You re right. According to Chuck Pressburg on P&S Modcast, even as late as 1998-99 helmet mounted NVGs veren t a thing in Ranger Regiment, so rifle mounted IR laser wasn t a thing either, despite the fact that technology and need existed (and SOPMOD kit with RIS grabbers PAQ4 and PEQ2 was already being introduced to some units). Rangers were still suppoeed to work under flares illumination at night (in theory) and PVS7B didn t have rhino mount so Rangers instead of using head crushers were tying NODs around their neck with bungee cord and 550.

52 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

PVS7B didn t have rhino mount so Rangers instead of using head crushers were tying NODs around their neck with bungee cord and 550.

If you are talking about 75th Rangers in that time frame they had this mount 
nvghelmet7.jpg

It's very similar to the classic USGI Norotos rhino but it's a bit larger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beppe_goodoldrebel said:

If you are talking about 75th Rangers in that time frame they had this mount 
nvghelmet7.jpg

It's very similar to the classic USGI Norotos rhino but it's a bit larger.

Fascinating photo, Yes it should be from that timeframe - transitional period during the reform when McChrystal was in charge of The Regiment. 

1 hour ago, bolo861 said:

Fascinating photo, Yes it should be from that timeframe - transitional period during the reform when McChrystal was in charge of The Regiment. 

Those pics should be of Fort Lewis '98

5ac7bf76.jpg

42e80558.jpg

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Like 2

Again cool photos. I can only speculate but i think that those NVG mounts were started to be issued  sometime late 1998 along with the update to PVS7B and new PVS7C/D. By that time Rangers were also using myriad of non standard NVG equipment like for example Litton M937A for SAW gunners and Litton M845 (after concluding that PVS4 scopes were basically useless).

BTW. Do I see 16 inch barrel on M4A1 carbine on the second photo?

looks like a normal m14.5 to me, but that flash hider doesn't look like the normal A2 one, it could push the overall to about 16

Fantastic mod! Small request, would it be possible to add black PASGT gear to go along with the fatigues?

On 8/16/2018 at 4:31 PM, Polyus said:

Fantastic mod! Small request, would it be possible to add black PASGT gear to go along with the fatigues?

Black helmet covers are more of a thing you'd see in police departments and dumb action movies. Basic PASGT comes in either olive drab or dark green. It would be great if we could get a "naked" PASGT without the helmet cover or even one with the painted M81 Woodland pattern like the original prototypes from the 1970s.

img_5815.jpg

content

But first, we need kneepads and flag/unit patches because PANAMA.

1532735920080.jpg

6 hours ago, extracrispi said:

But first, we need kneepads and flag/unit patches because PANAMA.

We already have kneepads as hidden selections.

Hi Folks,

Working on some Urgent Fury ALiVE ORBAT factions and your uniforms look great - thanks for all the effort - very much appreciated...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lerry_BR said:

We already have kneepads as hidden selections.

Mind walking me through using them?

6 minutes ago, extracrispi said:

Mind walking me through using them?

I've sent u a PM

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:18 AM, extracrispi said:

Black helmet covers are more of a thing you'd see in police departments and dumb action movies. 

That's the idea, lol.

Hey, sorry for bringing up this semi-old thread, but I stumbled across rolled up sleeves uniforms in eden and that made me search through this whole topic about it. I know you are now mostly focused on Nassau project along with personal life, but is there a chance you'll come back to US Military mod at some point?

I would like to come back to it at some point but I'm really busy.  Maybe if things go well with a plan I have I can come back to this.  But in the meantime I do have some good news, not necessarily about this mod, but kind of related to it.  I will be releasing a separate mod with some really cool content soon!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

On 26/12/2016 at 3:17 PM, mrpictolin said:

What's hapend with this BDU ???

oh fuck yes. And if someone could make it with Marpat and a "gunny rolls" version pls

As a rule of thumb I don't allow retextures.  It causes a lot of issues.  Besides the marpat uniforms are a different cut than BDUs.  But...speaking of BDUs...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 2018-11-05 at 2:16 AM, Delta Hawk said:

As a rule of thumb I don't allow retextures.  It causes a lot of issues.  Besides the marpat uniforms are a different cut than BDUs.  But...speaking of BDUs...

Yeeeeeees?? :)

• Like 1

I will be releasing the BDUs that I've made awhile ago that are based on the A3 body.  It's just BDUs and caps for now since I don't have time to redo everything in this mod so I will be releasing it as a stand alone uniform mod.  Since it fits A3 bodies it can use all of the A3 gear and equipment, including a few period accurate stuff in RHS and the VEST mods.

Arma3_x64_2018-11-11_20-34-41-16.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

is hidden selection, like knee pads going to work with it if we combine it with US Military mod?

7 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

I will be releasing the BDUs that I've made awhile ago that are based on the A3 body.  It's just BDUs and caps for now since I don't have time to redo everything in this mod so I will be releasing it as a stand alone uniform mod.  Since it fits A3 bodies it can use all of the A3 gear and equipment, including a few period accurate stuff in RHS and the VEST mods.

So will these uniforms fit with the old rigs and vests from your mod or only with the "A3 body" suitable ones?