19 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

If someone told you to not do anything would you stop breathing?

If I made a legal agreement that included breathing I would be obligated to; which is what an EULA is supposed to be.

Its not a complicated change, and if in the future you did find yourself needing to enforce your EULA, any issues like that could render the entire thing invalid and as a result not protect your hard work. The Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License seems like it would adequately cover your intent with this project. As well as helping you protect any possible future releases you have planned.

Just trying to help. 

Yeah, if your license prohibits actually using the item in-game (which, make no mistake, it does.) It sora defeats the entire point of the license since it's very unenforceable.

3 hours ago, CptAwesomeBW said:

If I made a legal agreement that included breathing I would be obligated to; which is what an EULA is supposed to be.

Its not a complicated change, and if in the future you did find yourself needing to enforce your EULA, any issues like that could render the entire thing invalid and as a result not protect your hard work. The Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License seems like it would adequately cover your intent with this project. As well as helping you protect any possible future releases you have planned.

Just trying to help. 

I appreciate you trying to help.  That CC license you have stated is not sufficient for my purpose and will never be applied to my work since you may not "remix, transform or build upon" my work regardless of whether or not it is redistributed.  My EULA is specific and explicit, DO NOT OPEN THE PBO.  If you need further clarification on this matter I will adjust my EULA accordingly, otherwise, the discussion of my EULA is over.

12 hours ago, khaosmatical said:

I would agree if ARMA had a deeper damage system, but to get that cool Nam'ish feel you gotta have the LBE! Right now though it means certain death.

If you're going for that cool Nam'ish feel you could just carpet bomb the entire map.  But unfortunately I just can't add armor to the LBE :(    Something you could do is have Marines wearing the PASGT body armor with 8 point covers.

19 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

:'(

I know.  I'm sad too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delta Hawk said:

I appreciate you trying to help.  That CC license you have stated is not sufficient for my purpose and will never be applied to my work since you may not "remix, transform or build upon" my work regardless of whether or not it is redistributed.  My EULA is specific and explicit, DO NOT OPEN THE PBO.  If you need further clarification on this matter I will adjust my EULA accordingly, otherwise, the discussion of my EULA is over.

Thats a shame, because by launching the game with your mod enabled I am then breaking your EULA, as a software developer this is not something in good faith I can do, so it looks like I won't be using it. When the game loads, the first thing it does is open the .pbo files, and by your license, we are not allowed to do this, therefore starting the game with your mod enabled is a violation of your own EULA.

Additionally, your EULA is likely in violation of the CUP EULA "Everyone can make use of the work to build mods and missions on their own as long as they provide credits, shares their sources and keeps the same license." As you have changed the license, and CUP Is listed as a requirement, you are probably violating this, but I'm not a lawyer. This is why generic licenses exist, to avoid situations like this.

Alex6511,

You're being flipant and disrespectful, and ignorant of the OP's EULA.

He has made it clear, the PBO's are not to be touched.

Hey Delta Hawk! One of our fans thought to combine your mod with our latest update we put out which brought our tanks back and it came out with a cool result!

CzvITiqWIAAdWeO.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

I will adjust my EULA accordingly, otherwise, the discussion of my EULA is over.

For those of you who are getting a little oversensitive, what part of this comment by the Addon maker hasn't quite sunk in?

Let the addon/OP maker adjust his EULA should he chose to do so, and then take it up from there.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 11:22 AM, Barden said:

Hey Delta Hawk! One of our fans thought to combine your mod with our latest update we put out which brought our tanks back and it came out with a cool result!

Is it supposed to look so rusty? I love the Sheridans, they'd be ideal as light tanks on Tanoa too, in the old US Woodland pattern.

13 minutes ago, road runner said:

Is it supposed to look so rusty? I love the Sheridans, they'd be ideal as light tanks on Tanoa too, in the old US Woodland pattern.

I think so with the dirt and rust, looks surprisingly good in the desert despite being in Vietnam camo :P

my god. that Sheridan looks sexy.

Folks-dont forget to remove pictures when quoting posts-to avoid the same pic appearing several times on the same page.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

But unfortunately I just can't add armor to the LBE :(   

That's no problem man! They shouldn't have armour so the mod is keeping its realism roots.

With ACE the ARMA damage is somewhat mitigated but the issue of sometimes insta-kill is still there. I'll have to look into configging and see if I can cobble together an companion config.

What mod?

Edited by road runner
removed images as per forum rules

It's from the UNSUNG mod, of you look at the OP's signature, you will find the links there mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrpictolin said:

What's hapend with this BDU ???

arma3_us_military_mod_wip12.jpg

DeltaHawk hasn't released these beauties yet. He said he has been working on other projects but if he decides to disclose this one he will release these before he does so.

Love the gear in this Mod...question though..is that first Steam Workshop link still outdated? I noticed it has the same version number as the Dropbox link..thanks for sharing this work  really looks good.

Diesel

6 minutes ago, googleplex2010 said:

Is the steam version of the mod the latest version?

Quickest way to check-look at the "last updated" date on steam-then compare it to the same date on armaholic. use whichever has the more recent date

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Quickest way to check-look at the "last updated" date on steam-then compare it to the same date on armaholic. use whichever has the more recent date

Yep, they're both the same

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, googleplex2010 said:

Yep, they're both the same

Then take your pick :)

• Like 2

@Delta Hawk you stop talking :evil:  i thought perhaps a good big update to the mod had come :don11:         Steam has had some problems with mods latelty (at least on my side) and giving bad files  try downloading from a other source like                                          -->> CUP WEAPONS <<--

• Like 1

lol  Ya know as much as we all hate steam...and I hate steam...it is...much simpler than downloading from Armaholic or PlayWithSix.  It takes awhile with Armaholic plus you have to keep going back and manually downloading updates.  And me personally I could never get PlayWithSix to work.  The Steam workshop is just convenient and simple despite the constant and at time fractured downloading.  I guess it's a "pick your poison" kind of situation.  Me? I'm just tired of messing with files.

• Like 9