Well the M1C wasn't common but they were around. There was a buttload of them made and there was still a need for a snug fit during jumps so they'd show up from time to time with the Rangers and Airborne, they were only uncommon because they never had to do much jumping and then the PASGT came into service and the idiots who designed it never thought to make an airborne version.

As for the unfastening of the chinstrap, you'll see guys who do it over the front and the back and of course just letting it hang, so its whatever DH wants.

On covers, Mitchells were still used for their fall side in arid environments simply because DBDU covers were veritable moon rocks, and also for a time during the BDU phase in where uniforms came before stuff like helmets and vests like we saw in Mogadishu with the DCU/RBA/DBDU combo, and national guard would be stuck with M1s for most of the 80s so they would definitely have used woodland covers, not to mention he Marines who were often spotted using M1s with woodland covers for much of the 80s. As for uncovered versions, I never really said anything about those now did I :) Besides, Unsung has some very nice bare and net M1s

As for goggles, SWDs started to become more commonly used by infantry in the 80s for a variety of reasons. Just because there aren't any pictures doesn't mean they weren't around and used, they've been used on a need or personal preference basis since they were introduced in The War. Besides, given previous posts DH will be transitioning to glasses or NVG slot goggles anyhow, and making a pair fit on an M1 would only require adjustment of the strap mesh.

And I've already said my piece about more work and delays

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of information regarding this project.  I have been working on another project that has...I guess you can say, stole the wind from this project.  It was suggested I disclose this project which I'll probably be doing at some point but I still plan on releasing my BDUs in the near future.  I'm in the beta testing and trying to make the last couple of features work phase.

• Like 12

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of information regarding this project.  I have been working on another project that has...I guess you can say, stole the wind from this project.  It was suggested I disclose this project which I'll probably be doing at some point but I still plan on releasing my BDUs in the near future.  I'm in the beta testing and trying to make the last couple of features work phase.

Ooo, can't wait to see it ;)

Ok so I guess I inadvertently had a summer vacation the last past two months playing Space Engineers and working on other projects.  It's time to get back to this project.

I've been thinking about the best way to implement Shoulder Sleeve Insignias.  One option I have is to use the "insignia" feature.  Normally the "insignia" feature is just one patch for one shoulder, but I have two shoulders I need to put patches on.  I would make both shoulders duplicates to work with normal ArmA3 patches but unfortunately military units often wear different patches on their shoulders.  So if I was to use the "insignia" feature I would have to make the insignia image of two patches, one for the right shoulder and one for the left shoulder.  That would mean normal ArmA3 patches will not work with my new BDUs.  Would this bother you guys a lot?

You could do a combined flag/unit insignia patch on a single sleeve like some units had from the 1980s up to the 2000s.

Captured_American_Equipment,_Belgrade.jp

full

• Like 1

I couldn't resist doing this, hope you don't mind. I have zero intention on releasing this, it's all for personal use. I just wanted to say thank you for the mod, I enjoy every aspect of it and I support your work. 

Images removed as user didn't read the readme

Edited by R0adki11
removed images
  • Like 2

That's not a bad idea considering ABU is modeled after the BDU. Good work on the texture, too :)

I couldn't resist doing this, hope you don't mind. I have zero intention on releasing this, it's all for personal use. I just wanted to say thank you for the mod, I enjoy every aspect of it and I support your work. 

Please respect the End user License Agreement made by the owner in the first post of this thread:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

1. DO NOT OPEN AND/OR EXTRACT THE PBO.

2. DO NOT RETEXTURE.

3. DO NOT STEAL OR RIP MY MODELS OR TEXTURES.

4. DO NOT REQUIRE SUBSCRIPTIONS, REGISTRATION OR OTHER INTRUSIVE REQUIREMENTS OR ADDITIONS TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD.

5. FOR USE ONLY IN ARMA 3 AND ARMA 3’S EXPANSIONS.

6. DO NOT USE FOR COMMERCIAL OR MILITARY TRAINING PURPOSES.

7. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Like 4

How can I place an insignia on the soldier's shoulder, I would have units equal to the film Black Hawk Down.

14753353_881674758636761_129778196553352

14680929_881674761970094_476480320052305

14711100_881671641970406_575969181224490

14714819_881671638637073_472094401606168

• Like 1

@Firefox1 Question, from where You have those knee pads?

Must be sp pack

SP_PACK has in http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24099

detail in the virtual arsenal enters as glasses, sorry my bad inglish, Brasil language native Portugues

@Edit:
The uniforms Delta Hawk are the best to make the mission Black Hawk Down, others are modern, anyone know a way to put these insignias even for scripts, we all other addons, weapons, vehicles, helicopters, maps

@Firefox

Those units are beautiful. All we'd need is a set of DCUs with black boots, and US Flag insignias and we'd have the perfect Battle of Mogadishu impression.

Is the vest Delta Hawk's or someone else's?

@Firefox

Those units are beautiful. All we'd need is a set of DCUs with black boots, and US Flag insignias and we'd have the perfect Battle of Mogadishu impression.

Is the vest Delta Hawk's or someone else's?

The M81 rig is Delta Hawk's. The black vest is from the TAC vest addon

The M81 rig is Delta Hawk's. The black vest is from the TAC vest addon

Really made some combinations with various addons to have these screens, ArmA 3 gives us that advantage.

How can I place an insignia on the soldier's shoulder, I would have units equal to the film Black Hawk Down.

Unfortunately there's no way of putting patches on the uniforms right now.

Unfortunately there's no way of putting patches on the uniforms right now.

If you don't mind the additional file size, you could always make additional uniforms with the insignia as a permanent part of the uniform like RHS has (in addition to plain ACUs, they have two versions with permanent 1st Cavalry and 101st Airborne insignias).

Personally, I would love to see at least one set of BDU,DBDU, and DCU with a United States flag patch and US Army nametape to help the US Army units stand out from their USMC counterparts (the two look almost identical except for the color of the undershirt).

post-104619-0-89717300-1367351342.jpg

On an unrelated note, it would also be nice to see a version of the DCU with black combat boots instead of tan. It was still common as late as 2004 to see US troops wearing black boots on deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq.

US-Troops-AP.jpg

• Like 1

The only request I'd make if there were another update planned in the future would be the removal of the auto-generated gear in the clothing, e.g. the uniform generate dogtags, the backpack's generate smoke grenades, etc.

By the way is it allowed for a config to be made for in-house use to add armour to the LBE vests? If yes, can anyone give me a hand with doing so? Obviously in the real world there is literally no armour on those vests but in ARMA that usually means and instant death.

Besides all that, these units are wonderful to help get that 80's feel and combined with cup for the M1 helmet's also help make awesome Vietnam units!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2015 at 7:22 PM, Delta Hawk said:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

1. DO NOT OPEN AND/OR EXTRACT THE PBO.
2. DO NOT RETEXTURE.
3. DO NOT STEAL OR RIP MY MODELS OR TEXTURES.
4. DO NOT REQUIRE SUBSCRIPTIONS, REGISTRATION OR OTHER INTRUSIVE REQUIREMENTS OR ADDITIONS TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD.
5. FOR USE ONLY IN ARMA 3 AND ARMA 3’S EXPANSIONS.
6. DO NOT USE FOR COMMERCIAL OR MILITARY TRAINING PURPOSES.
7. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As it stands your EULA prohibits actual use in Arma 3, as the user's machine opens the .pbo every time the mod is loaded by Arma. Is this an intended restriction or simply an oversight in the writing?

Clarification on this would be much appreciated as I would greatly like to use your mod.

1 minute ago, CptAwesomeBW said:

As it stands your EULA prohibits actual use in Arma 3, as the user's machine opens the .pbo every time the mod is loaded by Arma. Is this an intended restriction or simply an oversight in the writing?

Clarification on this would be much appreciated as I would greatly like to use your mod.

Yeah..you can use it in Arma 3 ;)

1 hour ago, CptAwesomeBW said:

If someone told you to not do anything would you stop breathing?

5 hours ago, khaosmatical said:

The only request I'd make if there were another update planned in the future would be the removal of the auto-generated gear in the clothing, e.g. the uniform generate dogtags, the backpack's generate smoke grenades, etc.

By the way is it allowed for a config to be made for in-house use to add armour to the LBE vests? If yes, can anyone give me a hand with doing so? Obviously in the real world there is literally no armour on those vests but in ARMA that usually means and instant death.

Besides all that, these units are wonderful to help get that 80's feel and combined with cup for the M1 helmet's also help make awesome Vietnam units!

I will remove the extra gear from the equipment in the future.  You can make an external config as long as you don't open the PBO.  I have included the class names of the gear and equipment in the readme.

I currently have no plans on an update anytime soon as my time is being spent on another project completely unrelated to this.  Depending on how that project goes I may or may not continue this mod.

• Like 2

:'(

By the way is it allowed for a config to be made for in-house use to add armour to the LBE vests?

Adding armor to LBEs is blasphemy in my oppinion. If armor is required, player can always choose Ranger vest, it has abundance of armor and it haven t been used by the Rangers exclusively either.

Regards.

10 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

Adding armor to LBEs is blasphemy in my oppinion. If armor is required, player can always choose Ranger vest, it has abundance of armor and it haven t been used by the Rangers exclusively either.

Regards.

I would agree if ARMA had a deeper damage system, but to get that cool Nam'ish feel you gotta have the LBE! Right now though it means certain death.