I would like to make my own M16s but I'm way too busy.

You should talk to Robert Hammer/Tigg. They've got some older M16s in the RH M4/M16 pack, and they're really nice. Maybe you could try to get them alone and merge into the mod.

• Like 3

Re: M16s and that jazz - just poke the SF 80/90s weapons pack for some cooperation in that field  ;)

• Like 1

Nah, CUP has evolved to the point where I don't really feel that a custom weapon pack is necessary. Though pairing it with BOW would be a fantastic idea IMO

• Like 1

Nah, CUP has evolved to the point where I don't really feel that a custom weapon pack is necessary. Though pairing it with BOW would be a fantastic idea IMO

it still weights a f**k ton of GB's so any missions made with DHs inf only are doomed consumption-wise.

80/90s pack is not only neat, but has unique AR variants AND weights next to nothing.

PS: I use CUP packs myself. All of them + POOK's CUP specific stuff. Yet making small gear packs dependent on such giant global packs tanks their versitility.

• Like 1

Zabb's TAC Gear has a special USM fit black body armor and vest combo, works even better than RBA though fine detail isn't as good. Also has a couple of lower-quality protecs that are now unfortunately no longer a factor with RHS' wonderful iterations

Also bepe_goodoldrebel's Black Ops Weapons has an ANVIS-6 with battery and mount, plus period-appropriate weapons and optics. And yes the ANIVS will fit onto RHS' protec though not as snugly as his own

3098EE0E7B03CC5F2B384E88712DA3EA89828CFE

Colt 9mm in front with Aimpoint 2000, Colt 727 with TA01 in back

A946A8539CFDA98FFA7C837E6DD57492D3CBE2E7

Colt 723 with M203 and flashlight left, Colt 733 right with flashlight and A2 upper

7B27F0F16679E8DFC3A05440A78A1FAAF8A1E687

Complete ANVIS 6s on MICH 2000s, Front ranger has aforementioned 727, solder further has an M16A2 with Aimpoint 5000 and PAQ-4

All of them are using USMM Uniforms (excluding the tigerstripe, which came from RHS GREF) and the rangers are using USMM gear as well

• Like 2

I prefer using the CUP pack. Granted, the m16 models are not quite up to scratch visually wise (it's a very old port after all), but the weapons are configured very well and take advantage of the arma 3 features. Besides, long term plan of CUP is to update all old stuff with brand new models. The community should support such an initiative by actively trying to incorporate CUP stuff in other mods. If you want to make your own m16s maybe you can ask RHS for their m16/m4s? Those are purpose built arma 3 models and might provide a better base to develop older m16a2s and the like.

• Like 1

He is aware of that, but he isn't willing to do anything given that the new BDU fitment requires remodeling the existing assets and as many issues as possible he is aware of (like that) will be rectified

Also one more point on CUP: BOW and RHS and the like do not have many of the assets required

BOW lacks any machine guns whatsoever (excluding the M60A3 :)) but ostensibly requires CUP and uses Arma 3 ammo which is compatible anyways so no real issues there. It also lacks any AT weapons at all and the M9 and any sniper rifles of any kind

RHS lacks anything that can accurately replicate the characteristics of the A1 or A2 (Delta Hawk is clearly more interested in getting the stitching and buttons right which in a mod about authenticity is absolutely the right way to go :)) as well as lacking the M47 Dragon, old M249s without rails, the M24 until very recently, any wood or polymer rifle furniture for the M14, any M40s, any M60s and so on and so forth. In fact, just about the only thing RHS has that CUP doesn't that is relevant to the 1980-2000 period is the M72.

I do think a pairing with BOW would be a great idea since it only adds a little bit more size and opens a greater possibility for some special forces units and 90s equipment (like aimpoints), RHS lacks so much the US military used in the period and no we are not fine with using A4s, M4s, PIP Paras, and Javelins as substitutes when the whole point of the mod is authenticity

• Like 2

when the whole point of the mod is authenticity

Hear, hear!

• Like 1

Ok so I guess I inadvertently had a summer vacation the last past two months playing Space Engineers and working on other projects.  It's time to get back to this project.

I've been thinking about the best way to implement Shoulder Sleeve Insignias.  One option I have is to use the "insignia" feature.  Normally the "insignia" feature is just one patch for one shoulder, but I have two shoulders I need to put patches on.  I would make both shoulders duplicates to work with normal ArmA3 patches but unfortunately military units often wear different patches on their shoulders.  So if I was to use the "insignia" feature I would have to make the insignia image of two patches, one for the right shoulder and one for the left shoulder.  That would mean normal ArmA3 patches will not work with my new BDUs.  Would this bother you guys a lot?

• Like 8

I don't think many would bother Mr. Delta Hawk, all we need to survive is to be consciously fed by your beautiful work... And honestly, i wouldn't profane your holy BDUs with extraneous , unholy patches...

There shouldn't be any cons within the option you've provided.

• Like 1

Sir, I like the patches that you already made. Ranks with unit insignia & names. Can you make it workable so, different members of unit wear different ranks. I am in deep love with your mod. 

Sir is it possible to make a black vest for Delta Force guys.

• Like 2

Actually, if the insignias work on headgear I just may go this route.  That way I can have Army ranks on the patrol caps.

• Like 3

For everyone saying what weapons should be incorporated into the mod-BOP/CUP/RH etc etc - I would give my suggestion as asking Massi to use his stuff. His weapons contain everything that CUP has, but are of a higher quality for the moment as he has had more time than CUP for now. The download is smaller than CUP , but contains the things missing from RH and BOP etc. I think massi's gets overlooked a lot even though his weapon ports are all pretty good quality. Obviously as CUP develops they may become better than massi's but for now I feel his are pretty good.

For everyone saying what weapons should be incorporated into the mod-BOP/CUP/RH etc etc - I would give my suggestion as asking Massi to use his stuff. His weapons contain everything that CUP has, but are of a higher quality for the moment as he has had more time than CUP for now. The download is smaller than CUP , but contains the things missing from RH and BOP etc. I think massi's gets overlooked a lot even though his weapon ports are all pretty good quality. Obviously as CUP develops they may become better than massi's but for now I feel his are pretty good.

Sorry i would have to disagree, i feel that would be a backwards step. CUP i feel is better as you have the vehicles and aircraft also available, also it is used by more of the community. What i would prefer is to see would massi to join CUP, but that's unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

G3GdMqC.jpg
I just leave it here.

im just dreaming of NBC gear 

• Like 2

Ok so I guess I inadvertently had a summer vacation the last past two months playing Space Engineers and working on other projects.  It's time to get back to this project.

I've been thinking about the best way to implement Shoulder Sleeve Insignias.  One option I have is to use the "insignia" feature.  Normally the "insignia" feature is just one patch for one shoulder, but I have two shoulders I need to put patches on.  I would make both shoulders duplicates to work with normal ArmA3 patches but unfortunately military units often wear different patches on their shoulders.  So if I was to use the "insignia" feature I would have to make the insignia image of two patches, one for the right shoulder and one for the left shoulder.  That would mean normal ArmA3 patches will not work with my new BDUs.  Would this bother you guys a lot?

Good to have you back, looking forward to the patches!

>tfw no Beirut '83 US Marines

14202915_10208712446943492_185709251_o.j

403 error

Any interest in adding a M1 helmet? Still used in the 80:s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_helmet

By mixing and matching this mod also serves as a poor mans Vietnam mod. :)

M1s were only in service in the 80s for as long as the PASGT Helmet was too new for the US Marines to use them, and of course National Guard and Reserve units who had to wait for BDUs and PASGT until every active Marine, Soldier, and Airman had cammies. Besides, if Delta hawk did do M1s, then he'd also have to do millimeter-perfect renditions of the helmet covers, how much to weather the old Mitchell covers, both the M1 and M1C chinstraps (both done up and undone because it was okay to undo your chinstrap back then), fitting the goggles correctly, maybe even scrim, etc. No, he doesn't have to do it, but he would cuz that's how he rolls :). It'd basically be more work and more delays in a project that's worn him out several times, for a piece of equipment that was barely used by US soldiers in the relevant period.

Though having a post war M1C with the split chinstrap and even in woodland would be fucking awesome but I wouldn't get my hopes up unless DH wishes to contradict my cynicism

EDIT: Actually, a "glasses" or NVG slot scrim would be pretty cool, and maybe have the aforementioned "glasses" goggles in the NVG slot instead of glasses since PASGT's are hopeless trying to use NVGs with anyways so I could keep wearing my bitchin aviators with the goggles on the helmet...

403 error

M1s were only in service in the 80s for as long as the PASGT Helmet was too new for the US Marines to use them, and of course National Guard and Reserve units who had to wait for BDUs and PASGT until every active Marine, Soldier, and Airman had cammies. Besides, if Delta hawk did do M1s, then he'd also have to do millimeter-perfect renditions of the helmet covers, how much to weather the old Mitchell covers, both the M1 and M1C chinstraps (both done up and undone because it was okay to undo your chinstrap back then), fitting the goggles correctly, maybe even scrim, etc. No, he doesn't have to do it, but he would cuz that's how he rolls :). It'd basically be more work and more delays in a project that's worn him out several times, for a piece of equipment that was barely used by US soldiers in the relevant period.

Though having a post war M1C with the split chinstrap and even in woodland would be fucking awesome but I wouldn't get my hopes up unless DH wishes to contradict my cynicism

EDIT: Actually, a "glasses" or NVG slot scrim would be pretty cool, and maybe have the aforementioned "glasses" goggles in the NVG slot instead of glasses since PASGT's are hopeless trying to use NVGs with anyways so I could keep wearing my bitchin aviators with the goggles on the helmet...

PASGT was first used in combat in 1983 in Grenada with Rangers and Airborne troops, they were high priority units and it was a chance to field test before further development and introduction. It was adopted and phased in around 1985. Of course, phasing in new equipment takes time, it took about 3 more years for the helmet to be fully adopted into service. So the M1 was actually pretty common for the greater part of the 80s. The M1C was for airborne units and wasn't really seen often after the 50s, it would be completely unnecessary. I think the chinstrap could be done in one variant either way and it would be fine, but of course someone will always nitpick, I think it being fastened and put over the the back of the helmet would be the best way to go. For covers, I'm not sure Mitchell pattern covers were used with M1s, they would come in M81 pattern or rarely the "Chocolate Chip" Pattern. Mitchell patterns were around, but they were rare from what I can find. Seeing an M1 without a cover in the late Vietnam war was uncommon, let alone well after, so there would be no need for an uncovered helmet either. PASGT helmet covers were fit on M1s, but that's also not very common; usually by the time a unit had PASGT covers, they obviously also had PASGT helmets. I've never seen goggles on M1 helmets, that would be an unnecessary effort to make any variants with goggles. I think it could be a worthwhile effort for the M1 helmets, but before that I agree Delta Hawk should finish up his current objectives on the project rather than adding on more to his work load.