My new BDUs have ERDL but not RDF.  So it was the RDF camo and not the ERDL that was the BDU prototype?  Interesting.  Either way, I'll probably add RDF if I can find a good camo template of it.  It won't be the prototype BDU cut though. My BDUs will be the 90s enhanced BDU cut.

A few things. Are we going to be seeing some of those new BDUs soon? Do they look similar to your current BDUs or not at all (in terms of the uniform model)? Last thing, I sent you a PM about some permissions, did you get it and if so did you agree with it or not?

My new BDUs have ERDL but not RDF.  So it was the RDF camo and not the ERDL that was the BDU prototype?  Interesting.  Either way, I'll probably add RDF if I can find a good camo template of it.  It won't be the prototype BDU cut though. My BDUs will be the 90s enhanced BDU cut.

A few things. Are the new BDUs close to ready? Are your new BDUs similar or look nothing like your current BDUs (in terms of the uniform model). At last I sent you a pm about some permissions. Did you receive it and if so do you agree or not with it?

It's a different selection number but to be honest if I remember right I didn't include gloves in the model.  No, actually I didn't, because the hand models are different from ArmA3's hand models.  I'm in the process of making gloves though.

Well I know what I'm doing for the next day or two ;)

RDF Was wery similiar to ERDL but with streight pockets like on this photo:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI2OVgxMDkz/z/ln8AAOSwPe1T3t9Z/$_1.JPG

Marines weare using it during the intervention in Lebanon. Soldier on the left wear RDF unifomr together with M55 vest :)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_04_2013/post-2910-0-96531500-1365012980.jpg

Ps. Sorry for my bad English bu it isn't my first language 

I made a little time to create an example of texture randomization/selection using BIS_fnc_initVehicle. This switches the 90's Grenadier (Light) between Woodland and Desert BDUs (just for example's sake). By default it's randomized but you can also make a specific choice in the Eden attributes dialog.

PBO

What's a bit odd about the way your units/uniforms are setup is that the BDU is not the first selection (selections can be addressed by a name like "Camo" or, in this case a 0-based index). This could explain why some of your earlier experiments with setObjectTexture didn't work if you were using the usual index 0 when, for this grenadier at least, it's the third selection (index 2). Usually selections to be textured dynamically are the first and in order of significance (i.e. largest/main texture first). I've worked around it in this example by specifying 3 selections in the texture list with the first 2 assigned an empty string (possibly not ideal). Or maybe the first two are kneepads and the like and this was intentional.

Entered for each class this extra configuration would probably nearly double the size of your config but I suspect you could save yourself some drudgery/typing by making more use of class inheritance.

class CfgPatches {

class USM_InitExample {
		Units[] = {};
		Weapons[] = {};
		RequiredAddons[] = {"us_military_units"};
		RequiredVersion = 1.00;
		Version = 0.10;
		Author = "Defunkt";
	};

}

class CfgVehicles {

class usm_base_w;

class usm_soldier: usm_base_w {
		class EventHandlers;
	};

class usm_soldier_90s_w_l_gr: usm_soldier {
		author = "Delta Hawk";
		displayName = "Grenadier (light)";
		picture = "\us_military_units\icons\i_null_ca.paa";
		portrait = "\us_military_units\icons\p_army.paa";
		icon = "\us_military_units\icons\i_soldier_ca.paa";
		uniformClass = "usm_bdu_w";
		backpack = "";
		weapons[] = {"Throw","Put","CUP_arifle_M16A2_gl"};
		respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put","CUP_arifle_M16A2_gl"};
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","UGL_FlareWhite_F","UGL_FlareWhite_F"};
		respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","UGL_FlareWhite_F","UGL_FlareWhite_F"};
		Items[] = {"usm_militaryID","usm_dogtags","usm_bdu_cap_wdl","usm_gasmaskcarrier","usm_fielddressing","NVGoggles","usm_bayonet_m9","usm_rifle_cleaning_kit","usm_lc2canteen_full","usm_lc2canteen_full","usm_flashlight","usm_earplugs"};
		RespawnItems[] = {"usm_militaryID","usm_dogtags","usm_bdu_cap_wdl","usm_gasmaskcarrier","usm_fielddressing","NVGoggles","usm_bayonet_m9","usm_rifle_cleaning_kit","usm_lc2canteen_full","usm_lc2canteen_full","usm_flashlight","usm_earplugs"};
		linkedItems[] = {"usm_helmet_pasgt_w","usm_vest_lbv_gr","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
		respawnLinkedItems[] = {"usm_helmet_pasgt_w","usm_vest_lbv_gr","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
        	class EventHandlers : EventHandlers {
	            init = "if (local (_this select 0)) then {[(_this select 0), """", [], false] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;};";
        	};
		class TextureSources {
        	    class Woodland {
                	displayName = "Woodland";
	                author = "Delta Hawk";
        	        textures[] = {"", "", "\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_sum_wood_co.paa"};
                	factions[] = {"usm_usarmy"};
	            };
        	    class Desert {
                	displayName = "Desert";
	                author = "Delta Hawk";
        	        textures[] = {"", "", "\us_military_units\textures\uniform_bdu_win_dcu_co.paa"};
                	factions[] = {"usm_usarmy"};
	            };
        	};
	        textureList[] = {"Woodland", 1, "Desert", 1};

};

};

Looking really great!! And I love the fact you're working on variations with trousers not bloused in the boots, and sleeves rolled up!

Maybe I missed it, but what's the status of the issue with the handgun floating around with woodland PASGT?

• Like 2

Them shit-stompers man!  ^_^

• Like 1

What's a bit odd about the way your units/uniforms are setup is that the BDU is not the first selection (selections can be addressed by a name like "Camo" or, in this case a 0-based index). This could explain why some of your earlier experiments with setObjectTexture didn't work if you were using the usual index 0 when, for this grenadier at least, it's the third selection (index 2). Usually selections to be textured dynamically are the first and in order of significance (i.e. largest/main texture first). I've worked around it in this example by specifying 3 selections in the texture list with the first 2 assigned an empty string (possibly not ideal). Or maybe the first two are kneepads and the like and this was intentional.

This is from the ArmA2 days.  Only the nametapes, patches, gasmask pouch and gloves were intended to be used with the setobjecttexture command in game.  And it just carried over to ArmA3.  Anyways, with the new BDUs, it will not be necessary to make any other camo because I'm including about 20 different camos in my new BDUs.

Looking really great!! And I love the fact you're working on variations with trousers not bloused in the boots, and sleeves rolled up!

Maybe I missed it, but what's the status of the issue with the handgun floating around with woodland PASGT?

Right now I do not have unbloused boots.  Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to plan for that :(  To make them unblouse would be very tricky, but I'll try.  BTW unblousing the boots would add about 120 more BDUs.  The blouse however is both tucked in and untucked.

I plan on adjusting all of the original vest models to fit the new BDUs.  At that point I'm going to fix the pistol issue.  Until then you're stuck with floating pistols.

RDF Was wery similiar to ERDL but with streight pockets like on this photo:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI2OVgxMDkz/z/ln8AAOSwPe1T3t9Z/$_1.JPG

Marines weare using it during the intervention in Lebanon. Soldier on the left wear RDF unifomr together with M55 vest :)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_04_2013/post-2910-0-96531500-1365012980.jpg

Ps. Sorry for my bad English bu it isn't my first language 

I can only make them the 90s BDU cut.  If I was to make another cut it would be the jungle fatigues from the Vietnam war which were later used by tons of third world countries...opfor countries.

Them shit-stompers man!  ^_^

One of the most important items on my models.

• Like 6

i would have throat punched any one of my soldiers walking around with boots unbloused..... just saying.....

Updates are looking good.

• Like 2

I can't wait longer.

Updates are looking good.

Bring it ;D

Sup Delta Hawk,

I was playing around with ACRE2 today (FYI its got one of my favorite radio in it - AN/PRC-77) i not sure if this has being said all ready but you can't fit the 77 set in the ST-138, AN/PRC-77 backpack, it dos fit into the ALICE pack

• Like 1

With ace some of your uniforms do not have legs interaction points.

It's because models use old arma 2 memory and hit-point lods.

Just copy and paste those lods from arma 3 sample character model and that should fix it.

• Like 2

so , are you working on modifing the top? i've some little big problems adapting my TG Faust ... i don't want to work 2 times if you will change all in a couple of weeks...

13217417_10208093655093233_6764081613204

• Like 2

Are you considering any RAID type BDU/DCU's ?

Saleboard-V8-13.JPG

• Like 2

I think he said somewhere raid bdus weren't out of consideration, might be old/bad info though. I did try the test fitment bdus in the current version (which IIRC are not representative of the BDUs in the next version as a model) and they work with arma vests reasonably well.

I'm curious, is there any compatibility of the radio packs with TFAR?
And is there an option to perhaps add the patches selectable via hiddenidentities?

Also, just wondering if anyone has any links to decent quality EI Tac-1 style vests or the Protec helmets but with details like gear on them?

Sup Delta Hawk,

I was playing around with ACRE2 today (FYI its got one of my favorite radio in it - AN/PRC-77) i not sure if this has being said all ready but you can't fit the 77 set in the ST-138, AN/PRC-77 backpack, it dos fit into the ALICE pack

I'll see if I can find acre somewhere and adjust the size.

With ace some of your uniforms do not have legs interaction points.

It's because models use old arma 2 memory and hit-point lods.

Just copy and paste those lods from arma 3 sample character model and that should fix it.

Noted.  I'll fix it with future updates.

Are you considering any RAID type BDU/DCU's ?

I'm not saying I'm sick, tired and frustrated with this mod and I don't really want to do any more uniforms, much less raid BDUs because in all honesty if I was going to slave through making another uniform it would either be the M65 field jacket, MOPP gear or old jungle fatigues.  I'm not saying I want to rip my hair out, chuck my computer out the window or eat my mice.  I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just merely implying it.

• Like 8

Some high quality vietnam era fatigues would be awesome. I've been trying to find some good OD bdu's with no luck.

Some high quality vietnam era fatigues would be awesome. I've been trying to find some good OD bdu's with no luck.

This pack does have OD BDUs

My new BDU pack will also have OD BDUs but it'll have black boots and a black undershirt.

I'm still working guys.  I've been fighting with skinning the vests.

• Like 8

*barges through the door at high speed*

did someone say skinning? 

• Like 5

*barges through the door at high speed*

did someone say skinning? 

HOLY FUCK I SMELL EPIC COLLAB BREWING....  :ph34r:

• Like 4

I am available if you need any assistance. 

• Like 3