You have to use a set object texture command but I haven't been able to figure it out.  Where did you put the setobjecttexture command?  Did you type it in the init field of the unit or was it a trigger?

How do you all feel about the knee pads, gasmask, gloves and combination of being different face gear?

• Like 1

You have to use a set object texture command but I haven't been able to figure it out.  Where did you put the setobjecttexture command?  Did you type it in the init field of the unit or was it a trigger?

How do you all feel about the knee pads, gasmask, gloves and combination of being different face gear?

Face gear seems like the best way of doing it.

One thing I've noticed is that in Eden, when you set a unit's loadout in VA, no matter what you set the glasses in the arsenal it will always remove them and use the default from your profile.  Just something to take into consideration

Appreciate it's probably a nightmare to config all of the combinations but I feel native implementations (using face gear over scripting) always yield the most reliable, trouble-free results. You place a section, carefully go through editing all their loadouts in the whizzy new editor only to start the mission, have it chug for a second or two and find that some script has overridden or randomized all your selections.

• Like 1

How could I wear the knee pads, I saw a unit wearing that, I don't know the class...

Gas mask
player setObjectTexture [3,"us_military_units\textures\gasmaskcarrier_co.paa"]

Knee pads
player setObjectTexture [4,"us_military_units\textures\helmet_wood_co.paa"]

Name tape/Rank Insignia
player setObjectTexture [0,"us_military_units\nametapes\army_1sgt_name_ca.paa"]
army_1sgt_name_ca.paa
army_1sgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_1stlt_name_ca.paa
army_1stlt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_capt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_cpl_name_ca.paa
army_cpl_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_maj_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_mstsgt_name_ca.paa
army_mstsgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_pfc_name_ca.paa
army_pfc_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_pvt_name_ca.paa
army_sgt_name_ca.paa
army_sgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_sgt1stcl_name_ca.paa
army_sgt1stcl_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_sma_name_ca.paa
army_sma_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_spl_name_ca.paa
army_spl_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_ssgt_name_ca.paa
army_ssgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
marine_1stlt_ca.paa
marine_1stlt_name_ca.paa
marine_1stsgt_ca.paa
marine_1stsgt_name_ca.paa
marine_2ndlt_ca.paa
marine_2ndlt_name_ca.paa
marine_capt_ca.paa
marine_col_ca.paa
marine_col_name_ca.paa
marine_cpl_ca.paa
marine_cpl_name_ca.paa
marine_gnysgt_ca.paa
marine_gnysgt_name_ca.paa
marine_lcpl_ca.paa
marine_lcpl_name_ca.paa
marine_ltcol_ca.paa
marine_ltcol_name_ca.paa
marine_maj_ca.paa
marine_maj_name_ca.paa
marine_mstgnysgt_ca.paa
marine_mstgnysgt_name_ca.paa
marine_pfc_ca.paa
marine_pfc_name_ca.paa
marine_sgt_ca.paa
marine_sgt_name_ca.paa
marine_sm_ca.paa
marine_sm_name_ca.paa
marine_ssgt_ca.paa
marine_ssgt_name_ca.paa
navy_hm2_name_ca.paa
navy_hm2_ca.paa

There also appears to be unit patches but the hidden selection for them doesn't seem to work.

• Like 6

Thanks a lot Delta Hawk & Bricks for the information..

Awesome Mod !!! Awesome  Mod !!! Awesome Mod !!!  .

:627:

When I go to Arsenal, name tags and knee pads were removed.. 2nd best mod after the RHS.. I am loving it...  

Gas mask
player setObjectTexture [3,"us_military_units\textures\gasmaskcarrier_co.paa"]

Knee pads
player setObjectTexture [4,"us_military_units\textures\helmet_wood_co.paa"]

Name tape/Rank Insignia
player setObjectTexture [0,"us_military_units\nametapes\army_1sgt_name_ca.paa"]
army_1sgt_name_ca.paa
army_1sgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_1stlt_name_ca.paa
army_1stlt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_capt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_cpl_name_ca.paa
army_cpl_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_maj_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_mstsgt_name_ca.paa
army_mstsgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_pfc_name_ca.paa
army_pfc_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_pvt_name_ca.paa
army_sgt_name_ca.paa
army_sgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_sgt1stcl_name_ca.paa
army_sgt1stcl_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_sma_name_ca.paa
army_sma_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_spl_name_ca.paa
army_spl_ranger_name_ca.paa
army_ssgt_name_ca.paa
army_ssgt_ranger_name_ca.paa
marine_1stlt_ca.paa
marine_1stlt_name_ca.paa
marine_1stsgt_ca.paa
marine_1stsgt_name_ca.paa
marine_2ndlt_ca.paa
marine_2ndlt_name_ca.paa
marine_capt_ca.paa
marine_col_ca.paa
marine_col_name_ca.paa
marine_cpl_ca.paa
marine_cpl_name_ca.paa
marine_gnysgt_ca.paa
marine_gnysgt_name_ca.paa
marine_lcpl_ca.paa
marine_lcpl_name_ca.paa
marine_ltcol_ca.paa
marine_ltcol_name_ca.paa
marine_maj_ca.paa
marine_maj_name_ca.paa
marine_mstgnysgt_ca.paa
marine_mstgnysgt_name_ca.paa
marine_pfc_ca.paa
marine_pfc_name_ca.paa
marine_sgt_ca.paa
marine_sgt_name_ca.paa
marine_sm_ca.paa
marine_sm_name_ca.paa
marine_ssgt_ca.paa
marine_ssgt_name_ca.paa
navy_hm2_name_ca.paa
navy_hm2_ca.paa

There also appears to be unit patches but the hidden selection for them doesn't seem to work.

Mate I just hope you know we love you...Fuck yes thank you!

Thank you Brick for writing that up.  Does a mission maker put those codes in the init field of the unit or do they make a trigger in game when the mission starts?

I have noticed the face wear doesn't stick in eden.  You might have to manual input the code into the init field of the unit.  I thought about just making the equipment different hidden sections in the uniform model and have a script run to check if the player has certain items in his inventory and if so use a setobjecttexture command to show the hidden selections but that limits what kind of stuff a player could have.  I wish BIS would make different slots for accessories.  The unfortunate thing about making them face wear is there's legitimate face gear like neck gaiters, BCGs, balaclavas and gas masks.

• Like 2

A mission maker could put the following into the init box of a unit

if (isServer) then {this setObjectTextureGlobal [3,"us_military_units\textures\gasmaskcarrier_co.paa"]}

The only problem with using setObjectTexture is anytime you drop/pickup the uniform or use Virtual Arsenal it will reset to the uniforms original textures (no gas mask/kneepads/nametapes).  I think your best bet, DeltaHawk, would be making a gasmask / kneepads  / gas mask & kneepads version of each uniform. 

I don't know if this has been reported but the XML clan logo appears to be oversized on the uniforms

2878ce7d2d034285bad0a8bd2e6c4aa6.png

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.  I couldn't get that to work at all when I was testing it.  Noted.

Any suggestions on how to do the name tapes?

• Like 1

XMLs only show in multiplayer, not SP.

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas for nametapes, making 1 uniform per name tape x each camo x kneepad/gasmask variants would be a ridiculous amount of uniforms.   

I honestly like the idea of the hidden selections much better in having one different uniforms for every single thing. It's just too much. For example take another great addon for arma 3. Unsung, they have a crap ton of uniforms to choose from but most of them are the same with a different shoulder patch or rank.

• Like 1

I honestly like the idea of the hidden selections much better in having one different uniforms for every single thing. It's just too much. For example take another great addon for arma 3. Unsung, they have a crap ton of uniforms to choose from but most of them are the same with a different shoulder patch or rank.

Oh... Okay... ;_;

I vote for having the knee pads, gloves as a part of the actual uniform so that you can still wear actual facewear without having to say no to the former. Gasmasks would make sense as a part of facewear.

Oh... Okay... ;_;

Nooooo I didn't say I don't like unsung! Quite the opposite I freaking love it. You just have way too many uniforms in the arsenal :P I feel bad that I didn't state what I wanted properly and I made you feel bad ;_;

The problem with making them different uniforms is the new BDU pack I'm working on already has 106+ different BDU variants (normal BDUs, blouses tucked in, sleeves rolled high, sleeves rolled low, boots n' utes and every combination of 14+ camo patterns common with BDUs from the 80s and 90s).  So making different uniforms for gas mask pouch and kneepads is really out of the question.  It's also a similar problems with adding them to the vests.

If I made them face gear then I would have dozens of different variants, knee pads, gloves, gas mask pouch, gas mask, bacaclavas, neck gaiters and every combination of :(

If I make them hidden selections with scripts I would have to find someone able to make a light script for them which so far hasn't been easy since I would like someone who has a track record of scripting for ArmA to do it.  If I just leave the items as hidden selections on the uniform models for people to use the setobjecttexture command that removes the ability to switch your gear inside of the game.

Unsung released their mod?

• Like 7

You could make gas mask pouch as backpack. 

Since its impossible to have everything , unless a great number of classes and time waste , I think you have to make choices. 

What about grouping nomex gloves and knee pads? They are usually used together for Direct Action loadouts.
Gas mask and gasmask pouch?

• Like 2

There's a lot of cases where someone would wear gloves without kneepads.  In fact it's very common.  I use to wear gloves all the time but hardly ever wore kneepads.  Same thing with the gas mask bag and gas mask.  You can say you will always have the gas mask bag if you're wearing the gas mask, but having the gasmask bag without wearing it is very common.

This is just a crappy situation all the way around.  I wish there was a way to create my own proxies and have my own inventory slots.

• Like 2

How can I wear gloves ???  I never saw that in the mod.. 

i Hope you will add some older stuff like RDF and M1 helmets, for even know you mod and RHS are two the best mods alivable for Amra 3. 

• Like 3

Unsung released their mod?

Alpha already out and Bravo development cutting off and pushing out this weekend or early next week, Charlie update in a few months, etc. Don't mind us though mate, you keep up the good work you've already done. ;)

How can I wear gloves ???  I never saw that in the mod.. 

Try this "hands_odflight_co.paa" against kneepads.

• Like 2

This doesnt really give you gloves but instead some green kneepads :P

It's a different selection number but to be honest if I remember right I didn't include gloves in the model.  No, actually I didn't, because the hand models are different from ArmA3's hand models.  I'm in the process of making gloves though.

Alpha already out and Bravo development cutting off and pushing out this weekend or early next week, Charlie update in a few months, etc. Don't mind us though mate, you keep up the good work you've already done. ;)

Well I know what I'm doing for the next day or two ;)

i Hope you will add some older stuff like RDF and M1 helmets, for even know you mod and RHS are two the best mods alivable for Amra 3. 

My new BDUs have ERDL but not RDF.  So it was the RDF camo and not the ERDL that was the BDU prototype?  Interesting.  Either way, I'll probably add RDF if I can find a good camo template of it.  It won't be the prototype BDU cut though. My BDUs will be the 90s enhanced BDU cut.

• Like 2