Just to be clear, when I say it won't require CUP with PWS, I mean I'm not going to force you to download it.  You'll still need CUP to use the editor units.  This will probably change in the future when I release the uniforms and gear separately.

Haha don't worry, I understand :) Merry Christmas!

Just want to say once again thank you for this mod it's amazing.

And to everyone on this forum happy Christmas/holiday (depending on your beliefs) for tomorrow  :)

Thank you and Happy holiday for you too.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas deltahawk! Also you havent added me on steam yet and I am still waiting on more information about what you need help with :P

I'll fix it but it probably won't be anytime soon.  Now that I have the initial release out of the way I want to move forward instead of spending time on trying to trouble shoot why it's not working.  I'll be honest, I hate trouble shooting.  It takes up so much time which is the single biggest reason why I don't want to port over my HMMWV.  Even thinking about troubleshooting those things makes me cringe.  Plus that would require redeploying my mod across the board for non critical errors.

It'll be happening due to the hitpoint changes in 1.54:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Soldier_Protection

Fantastic job on this so far, nice to have some good quality web kit, instead of plate carriers.

Just to be clear, as of now, this is not compatible with 1.54 and the changes it introduced on protection values?

Great Work. We finally have some quality camos.

Also, do you have any plans to add helmets with foliage on them? 

m05KsJU.jpg

Hello DeltaHawk, regarding the mentioned vest armour, sorry to bother you here, but could you please respond to the private message I sent you?

One could say it's relevant on topic of the vest armour.

Hello DeltaHawk, regarding the mentioned vest armour, sorry to bother you here, but could you please respond to the private message I sent you?

One could say it's relevant on topic of the vest armour.

I wasn't aware of the change in the armor values.  Unfortunately I think this may be a glitch everyone will have to deal with for now.  Now that I got the initial release out of the way I want to press forward with recreating my models to be compatible with ArmA3.

• Like 1

I want to press forward with recreating my models to be compatible with ArmA3.

You mean, you want to recreate them so that they don't clip with the vanilla Arma gear, and anything that uses that same template? Not that I would know, but that sounds like a lot of work. Is that something that's important to you personally? As a potential user of this mod, this wouldn't really register as important for me.

e.g. I think most - if not all - of the RHS gear has clipping issues with vanilla models, but personally I'm not bothered by this, as I don't see myself wanting to mix the two anytime in the future. I'd hazard a guess that the RHS devs aren't really concerned either.

I'll emphasize that I understand this is very much a subjective thing, and that yourself and others may very well place value on stuff fitting well with vanilla assets.

Fantastic job on this so far, nice to have some good quality web kit, instead of plate carriers.

Just to be clear, as of now, this is not compatible with 1.54 and the changes it introduced on protection values?

Also wondering the same. Probably won't use this mod yet if it's not compatible with the new protection changes.

If you do look at doing a hot fix at some point for the armour values, would you also consider adding the required config entries to make the backpack radio compatible with Task Force Radio.

Also just an observation, would it be an option to not have the backpacks autofill with gear?

DeltaHawk, I'll be frank - we (PSZ Team) offered to fix them for You, in exchange for a "little" favor. So, can we speak about it in private if You're interested?

• Like 1

Brilliant work.

Great to see a classic mod like this making the jump from A2 to A3.

With this, CUP, RHS and ACE3, I feel that we're finally seeing reality return to the Arma series.

All we need now are some good missions and maybe even some campaigns (preferably COOP).

I44 and CWR3 where for art thou?

• Like 2

Brilliant work.

With this, CUP, RHS and ACE3, I feel that we're finally seeing reality return to the Arma series.

All we need now are some good missions and maybe even some campaigns (preferably COOP).

With this excellent mod, it shouldn't be too hard to make some sort of CWR3 (with more developers in the team, ofc). Maybe it could convince w0lle?

Brilliant work.

I am working on 2 campaigns right now friend, 1 is involving deltahawk's units and it is set in 1993 in Somalia if you can guess what even it is  ;) and also with RHS escalation in a invasion of Chernarus campaign but trust me it wouldn't be like the Arma 2 campaign. I just hope RHS had some LAVs for the marines but this isn't the place to talk about it  :P

I am working on 2 campaigns right now friend, 1 is involving deltahawk's units and it is set in 1993 in Somalia if you can guess what even it is  ;) and also with RHS escalation in a invasion of Chernarus campaign but trust me it wouldn't be like the Arma 2 campaign. I just hope RHS had some LAVs for the marines but this isn't the place to talk about it  :P

There will be a handful of Operation Gothic Serpent missions coming out, it'll be fun to play them all and compare :) Just out of curiosity, what map are you using for yours? If it's not confidential?

Great Work. We finally have some quality camos.

Also, do you have any plans to add helmets with foliage on them? 

Yes, I do plan on making helmets with camouflage on them.

You mean, you want to recreate them so that they don't clip with the vanilla Arma gear, and anything that uses that same template? Not that I would know, but that sounds like a lot of work. Is that something that's important to you personally? As a potential user of this mod, this wouldn't really register as important for me.

e.g. I think most - if not all - of the RHS gear has clipping issues with vanilla models, but personally I'm not bothered by this, as I don't see myself wanting to mix the two anytime in the future. I'd hazard a guess that the RHS devs aren't really concerned either.

I'll emphasize that I understand this is very much a subjective thing, and that yourself and others may very well place value on stuff fitting well with vanilla assets.

Also wondering the same. Probably won't use this mod yet if it's not compatible with the new protection changes.

I don't really want to.  I plan on making more vests, so I can either make them like ArmA 3 and they not work with my original models or I can make them work with my original model and not work with ArmA3.  I think it's best to redo them.  Besides, they're outdated with a lot of graphical errors.

If you do look at doing a hot fix at some point for the armour values, would you also consider adding the required config entries to make the backpack radio compatible with Task Force Radio.

Also just an observation, would it be an option to not have the backpacks autofill with gear?

I'll make those adjustments if possible.

There will be a handful of Operation Gothic Serpent missions coming out, it'll be fun to play them all and compare :) Just out of curiosity, what map are you using for yours? If it's not confidential?

Mine will not be just any mission, it is a campaign and I am using the "Mog" map if you have heard of it, it is amazingly close to the real Mogadishu! For any other information PM since this is the US Military mod page.

• Like 1

Since there are ERDL, Tigerstripe, etc. boonies and so on, does that mean we can expect those camos for the BDUs and vests?

Brilliant work.

This man speaks truth! A SP or coop campaign featuring the amazing mods would be outstanding!

Anyway, glad to see RHS promoted this mod on their FB, so I finally found it :P

I don't really want to.  I plan on making more vests, so I can either make them like ArmA 3 and they not work with my original models or I can make them work with my original model and not work with ArmA3.  I think it's best to redo them.  Besides, they're outdated with a lot of graphical errors.

Yeah the PASGT vest being a shade lighter always bothered me. I am liking the detail on the new test uniform though, even though it's not finished and... rather white. I'm looking forward to what you have for us next :)

I would say I'm praying for raid BDU but I know the grunts' stuff comes first. Here's hoping for patches at least, the unsung ones would look great

Since there are ERDL, Tigerstripe, etc. boonies and so on, does that mean we can expect those camos for the BDUs and vests?

I'm working on updating my BDUs.  They will include all the different camos.  As for the vest I'm only going to make camo versions of actual vests.

Yeah the PASGT vest being a shade lighter always bothered me. I am liking the detail on the new test uniform though, even though it's not finished and... rather white. I'm looking forward to what you have for us next :)

I would say I'm praying for raid BDU but I know the grunts' stuff comes first. Here's hoping for patches at least, the unsung ones would look great

The PASGT vest is suppose to be a shade lighter.  It's made out of a Nylon material that's prone to fading after years of use.  I make my stuff as realistic as possible so this probably won't change since most PASGT vests are hand-me-downs.

• Like 8

DeltaHawk I am still waiting on more details on what you want me to help you with dude, you PMed me and I said I would help you just give me more details.

I've been trying to download play with six but the website isn't working for me.  I'll try it again tonight.

• Like 1