I was actually really hoping to see those uniforms with the knee pads.

iLSkoud.jpg

Also didn't you have some vehicles?

His HMMWV's are included in RHS US pack. Other vehicles are not present anywhere in public (as far as i know).

And yes, i'd also fancy some WDL BDU with knee pads and slanted pouch LBVs present in A2 version.

But i'm still having more then alot of fun with the units and RHS as is.  B)

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

1. DO NOT OPEN AND/OR EXTRACT THE PBO.

Your EULA basically means no one can use this. 

Your EULA basically means no one can use this. 

You do not need to open the PBO to use it. You place the PBO inside of an addons folder... I mean come on, does anyone still do it manually or am I just really stubborn.

• Like 2

I was actually really hoping to see those uniforms with the knee pads.

Also didn't you have some vehicles?

The kneepads is one of the things I need a scripter for.  What I would like to do is make kneepad items and as long as the play is wearing any of my uniforms and they have kneepads in their uniform inventory then kneepads are shown on the character.

I do have vehicles but it's too much of a headache to try to port them over.  You can however find my HMMWVs in the RHS mod. 

the vests seems not to have any protection level.

No, they don't offer protection :(  I found out about it at the last minute and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.  It should be fix with the next release.

My dropbox is broke again but I'm currently uploading my mod to Steam Workshop.  It should be available in the next hour.  I'll post a link to the workshop page in my first post once it's done.

Here is the Steam Workshop link.  Please use this for now since my dropbox is broken.  PlaywithSix should follow in the next week or two.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=579942493&searchtext=US+MILITARY+MOD

Also I want to say thank you to everyone for your comments :)  It's nice to hear you all are excited about my mod! :D  I love the fact that I can use my artist and technical talent and bring you all something you can enjoy!

• Like 6

The kneepads is one of the things I need a scripter for.  What I would like to do is make kneepad items and as long as the play is wearing any of my uniforms and they have kneepads in their uniform inventory then kneepads are shown on the character.

I do have vehicles but it's too much of a headache to try to port them over.  You can however find my HMMWVs in the RHS mod. 

I can help you with that if you want.

Congrats on the release mate great work.

Thank you so much! It's great to finally be able to play with this.

Also this is a super fucking dick question, excuse my language, but we shouldn't expect any protec helmets nor any black versions of some vests so we can create some black hawk down style delta force operators, right? Also as I said I could help you with any scripting just PM. And last thing what are all these inventory items? The dog tags, flash lights etc?

Also this is a super fucking dick question, excuse my language, but we shouldn't expect any protec helmets nor any black versions of some vests so we can create some black hawk down style delta force operators, right? Also as I said I could help you with any scripting just PM. And last thing what are all these inventory items? The dog tags, flash lights etc?

Unfortunately my models are incompatible with ArmA3's uniforms, so I would have to remake everything before I can make new vests and helmets, but I am interested in doing more vests and helmets used by special forces.

As for the random gear I think it adds a level of realism.  I also would like them to be functional.  I would like to make a hydration system that directly affect's a player's fatigue and stamina.  For the bayonet I would like it to work with rifles, unlock locked vehicles or buildings, be able to cut wire fences, use with 550 cord and grenades to set up grenade booby traps or trip flares, kill enemies soldiers (or, just like real life, use them basically to open MREs) .etc.  The dogtags can be used for a respawn system or something.  Military ID to access computers.  Flashlight would obviously be a flashlight for both light and signaling.  Ear plugs would protect your hearing.  The E-tool could be use to dig foxholes, create MG nests, build sandbag walls, cut down small trees or bushes or hack people to death.

• Like 4

Unfortunately my models are incompatible with ArmA3's uniforms, so I would have to remake everything before I can make new vests and helmets, but I am interested in doing more vests and helmets used by special forces.

As for the random gear I think it adds a level of realism.  I also would like them to be functional.  I would like to make a hydration system that directly affect's a player's fatigue and stamina.  For the bayonet I would like it to work with rifles, unlock locked vehicles or buildings, be able to cut wire fences, use with 550 cord and grenades to set up grenade booby traps or trip flares, kill enemies soldiers (or, just like real life, use them basically to open MREs) .etc.  The dogtags can be used for a respawn system or something.  Military ID to access computers.  Flashlight would obviously be a flashlight for both light and signaling.  Ear plugs would protect your hearing.  The E-tool could be use to dig foxholes, create MG nests, build sandbag walls, cut down small trees or bushes or hack people to death.

Sounds like you got big plans. Great to hear. Your units are adding a fantastic experience.

To inquire further, does this mean you plan on creating a complimenting mod that isn't gear/unit related but rather something that deals with stamina/medical system?

This is awesome.  Are there any plans for compatibility with ACE? Such as replacing your custom medical equipment with the ACE stuff etc.

Great work mate, now somebody be a real gem and release an 80's USSR military mod and we can all enjoy the goodness. Yes I'm selfish, what of it?

• Like 1

Might we see an icon added to your content in the Arsenal? I'm talking about the rotor icons here: http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/scanning_2015_1.jpg

How: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185275-how-to-have-custom-icons-for-items-in-the-arsenal/?p=2921960

This makes identifying which content is from where much faster. :)

• Like 3

Great work mate, now somebody be a real gem and release an 80's USSR military mod and we can all enjoy the goodness. Yes I'm selfish, what of it?

Massi has 80's Soviet units, check that out.

Btw, anyone kind enough to provide a list of needed CUP PBOs? I'm trying to to keep size down for a smaller modset including this mod.