adios113

Config for new zeus modules.

Hello guys. I've recently moved from mission making to actual mod making. I learned a lot during that time, but like everyone, I am still learning.

Currently, I am trying to create a new addon which will add new Zeus Modules. Unfortunately, I coudlnt find any documentation on this, so most of the time I end up asking here and there on how to solve the issues on my way.

So, I looked up on Ares, trying to reproduce the structure of a Zeus based mod. That's why I decided to share my current build of the addon, hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

Game launches with it fine, no errors on the main screen, as well no errors inside the .rpt log regarding my mod. As soon as i launch the Zeus, i find nothing, besides what already was there - no new modules from my mod.

I got a feeling that I am either missing something important, or Its something stupid. Any kind of help will be much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot9qd2z7vmspymk/zeus_addon.rar?dl=0

Additionaly, Could someone explain to me the naming conventions from the class names of various classes tied to each other - I noticed it, when I was creating an Editor module (which works 100%) that some classes have to be named specificaly and I'm having issues understanding it. How to name it and when, because I'd love to know what I am doing, instead of copypaste. Any kind of explanation, or documentation would be cool!

Cheers, adi.

Hello guys. I've recently moved from mission making to actual mod making. I learned a lot during that time, but like everyone, I am still learning.

Currently, I am trying to create a new addon which will add new Zeus Modules. Unfortunately, I coudlnt find any documentation on this, so most of the time I end up asking here and there on how to solve the issues on my way.

So, I looked up on Ares, trying to reproduce the structure of a Zeus based mod. That's why I decided to share my current build of the addon, hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

Game launches with it fine, no errors on the main screen, as well no errors inside the .rpt log regarding my mod. As soon as i launch the Zeus, i find nothing, besides what already was there - no new modules from my mod.

I got a feeling that I am either missing something important, or Its something stupid. Any kind of help will be much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot9qd2z7vmspymk/zeus_addon.rar?dl=0

Additionaly, Could someone explain to me the naming conventions from the class names of various classes tied to each other - I noticed it, when I was creating an Editor module (which works 100%) that some classes have to be named specificaly and I'm having issues understanding it. How to name it and when, because I'd love to know what I am doing, instead of copypaste. Any kind of explanation, or documentation would be cool!

Cheers, adi.

I would love more info on this too.

I have been using Aries custom module function to add functions but that requires each mission be set up with the additions.

After reviewing the Module Documentation again and starting from scratch, I got it working. The documentation linked by x39 was the answer for my problem and alltough I based my initial version on it, it didnt work - had to go over it second time.

Thanks for the help.

hello,

did the Zues config work? would you be kind enough to give me to try?

I know I'm kinda necromancing a very old post, but the solution for me was that you had to put the module's name into the units[] array in CfgPatches