smill

Smill VHO (Vest Helmets) Pack V1.0

I will shortly be releasing my new British Vests and Helmets pack on Armaholic. 

Like my other mods this was pack was made mainly for my own amusement and for use within the Arma community that I am part of. This started life as a relatively modest pack containing a couple of Osprey vests and has expanded to circa 43 vests in OD/MTP/CS95 and Black. The pack includes various load outs and equipment types, light and heavy vests along with some pistol belts. 

All models are ported Arma 2 content from BI.  

The pack is designed for use with my other Uniform pack. 

Pack Features: 

43 vests 

5 Mk 7 British Combat Helmets

Few pictures below showing some of the loadouts/equipment types, but the pack contains far more than shown. 

1.png

10.png

12.png

5.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

Dropbox link below - Armaholic link to follow. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrtpjrhfatysy47/%40Smill_VHO.rar?dl=0

• Like 5

Hi

The vests look good but the carrying capacity is too low. The SAW style vest (your pic #2) can only carry 1x 200 rd Box and 1 grenade despite the model having 3 pouches for box ammo. I suppose the model and carry capacity don't need to be the same but only one box mag and one grenade is still too low. Otherwise the mod looks very good.

Great stuff you got there, but why are you not working with CUP  :lol: ?

These vests are amazing. Can you make a dpm desert version please?

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll look at upping the capacity of the vests where necessary and will be adding more camo variations in the future.

Thanks, I'll look at upping the capacity of the vests where necessary and will be adding more camo variations in the future.

Thanks for considering the carrying capacity. I look forward seeing more of your excellent work.

Would it be possible to add the belts with holster in the backpack section? Would love to use them with some other vests.

Would it be possible to add the belts with holster in the backpack section? Would love to use them with some other vests.

Sure, shouldn't be an issue

• Like 1

Oh wow, that's actually some impressive work you've done!

Are you planning on releasing more additions to this pack?

Oh wow, that's actually some impressive work you've done!

Are you planning on releasing more additions to this pack?

Thanks. Probably I have some other ideas and things I want to add.

• Like 2

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey smill , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Great work !

are we allowed to do config changes?

just out of curitosity, the magazine pouches are for single magazines. It looks like the vest - by appearance - cannot load that much of equipment.
Is that a realistic kit?

best regards

17 hours ago, kOepi (DayZ) said:

Great work !

are we allowed to do config changes?

just out of curitosity, the magazine pouches are for single magazines. It looks like the vest - by appearance - cannot load that much of equipment.
Is that a realistic kit?

best regards

I highly reccomend doing a patch instead of config changes, as the file is MUCH smaller, and doesn't actually edit any of the actual content, just externally alters it as long as the patch is in place.

@victruso thanks for pointing that, I am not legally sure if I am allowed though.
Am I allowed to make a patch or can I even make a patch when it is forbidden to modify or extract content?
Would be nice, if you can point that out.