Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

You guys basicaly killed the mods dayz, epoch, overpoch that is what still makes arma2 alive, please revert what you all done, just fix the buggs and leave the stats of the guns and vehicles as it was.....atm most servers of epoch all fucked up.

theduke77, eduardooaz & co., request DayZ mod developpers in their respective thread to update their mod in order to make it work properly.

Don't give the fault to other people.

I know a lot of people who have already updated their mods to the current state and everything works just fine.

• Like 3

Regardless of mods whatever 90% of the community plays should be the priority... If you simply don't want to use ACE 2 because you are "Lazy" That does not warrant a game changing update that upsets 90% of the player base!

hololand, as stated earlier, request DayZ mod developpers to update their mod. As simple as that.

This thread is the wrong place for this.

• Like 1

theduke77, eduardooaz & co., request DayZ mod developpers in their respective thread to update their mod in order to make it work properly.

Don't give the fault to other people.

I know a lot of people who have already updated their mods to the current state and everything works just perfect.

You are forgetting that many mod devs have abandoned their projects. Putting an update like this, as there was tons like this in the past, would have been fine if there was a healthy mod community with active devs. There is not, so it means a very, very small percentage of mods will be updated, including the most popular ones. Just like the new script interpreter that breaks so many scripts that will never be updated by their mod authors (think UPSMON) it ruins the functionality of the game, and is a direct result of a bad decision to update a game that is completely done its development cycle. It's like if some obscure game with a ton of mods, say Empire Earth, was somehow updated and that update broke many cpp inheritance and made many of its most popular mods unplayable. It just does not make any sense. I completely agree with corepatch or any effort to fix Bohemia Interactive's own issues with their harsh script interpreter, but changing game assets is just plain naive. How many people use ACE? A decreasing few, and you know that is going to be less now that these problems are plaguing it. 

You want to encourage realism in a milsim game? FIrst of all, the devs are not on your side, look at the mess that is ArmA 3, and look at their shitty implementation of the new script interpreter that stops scripts at a point when they were not stopped before. Secondly, you just broke a bunch of features in the most realistic mod... How could anyone argue going from a usable ACE to a core game is more realistic? That is asinine.

lol @ the people defending this update by labelling everyone who disagrees with it a DayZ player. Never enjoyed DayZ, never seriously played it and never will as I enjoy realistic milsim gamemode. Your small, insignificant config changes make nearly no difference in terms of realism compared to ACE, and significantly downgrade the usability of it. Take a step back and put yourself in line. Some people dont want realism in ArmA, and since ArmA is just a platform, those people have a right to a say as well, but if you are going for realism what the hell are you doing.

• Like 2

Its as simple as launching ACE 2 dude... 90% of the community do not get riled up for nothing, Have you not listened to the many many other people complaining on the forums? It is not coincidence. Changing the av8b cannon... completely unecessary, Changing m134, completely unecessary (especially considering its poor damage statistics). Adding zeroing to the DMR? add it under a new classname, Dont just replace the current one. That way mods don't get broken and the community stays balanced and happy. I think we can all assume that the tragedy of the venom gunning angles will not need to be mentioned.

1/ Patching a game should always be based on the base game itself.

2/ Many modifications to this game have been affected throughout the update/patch process during this games lifetime. -

3/ A game should never be updated/patched to suit a mod. It has to be for the base game. So any mods affected should be altered to come back inline with the game again. Not the other way around.

4/ Lets say those saying dayz is where 70% of the game is played, are right. -

5/ BI have already done more than they needed too for those dayz players. They made a whole standalone game called 'DayZ'. -

6/ If that game (DayZ) doesn't work properly, argue over on that games forum for it to be changed, not here on a mil/sims forum for a game based around the military.

We need to leave this topic for its original purpose, direct input around the latest patch. Not how it has affected a mod, but what the patch did in terms of the game and whether or not it works and how it has benefited the game itself, or indeed not. But not based around a mod, but instead, as should be, around the vanilla base game.

The vanilla base game here is a mil/sim. Whatever mod wise, has grown from that, is irrelevant. The game, is 'the game', period.. Its a mil/sim at its core. All patches should be to further that or help with issues surrounding performance etc. It should not be, and should never be, about a 'mod'.

If patches come along that alter the game, detrimentally. Then players should speak up. But they have to do so, with the vanilla game in mind, nothing else.

• Like 6

All of these changes built into an ACE framework would have been great... but they weren't. I don't understand how one could possibly think that reconfiguring the muzzle indexes of weapons wouldn't have an adverse affect on anything, not least of all the missions with scripting workarounds for selecting them, now they are unusable. Easy enough to fix, but people are more likely to drop the game than to fix a lot of these issues. Crazy man was right, this just pushes people away from ArmA 2 even more. Fuck bohemia, they are a shit company and the more they move in their new direction the worse it will be. Arma 3 will never be fixed and arma 2 will continue to be ruined. Guess im a paradox exclusive gamer now.

Bohemia Interactive can't be held responsible in any way for 3rd party mods not being updated by their respective devs.

It's up to 3rd party devs wether to update their mods or not. And even they can't be held responsible for updates, because all these mods came free of charge and their devs owe you nothing.

But you can instead put all the energy you're investing here by bashing on original/core game devs in searching for mods' devs and contacting them to express your requests and maybe even donate to them so they have enthusiasm to update their by now dated mods. Or to bash on these 3rd party devs for not updating their mods any more which won't help you any further anyway.

• Like 3

Bohemia Interactive can't be held responsible in any way for 3rd party mods not being updated by their respective devs.

It's up to 3rd party devs wether to update their mods or not. And even they can't be held responsible for updates, because all these mods came free of charge and their devs owe you nothing.

But you can instead put all the energy you're investing here by bashing on original/core game devs in searching for mods' devs and contacting them to express your requests and maybe even donate to them so they have enthusiasm to update their by now dated mods. Or to bash on these 3rd party devs for not updating their mods any more which won't help you any further anyway.

looks like behemia isnt responsible, but they weill feel the loss of active players, trust me. im one of them

theduke77, as said before - put your energy and that of other players of your server that you've directed to this thread in raising your voices in the right thread, dedicated to DayZ mod, just like you do it here so the devs update their mod.

There are at least 14 pages that could already have been written in the DayZ mod thread and I can bet that somebody would already have heard you.

• Like 2

Well, now suddenly a lot of players are having a hard time getting in our server. It's trying to load them in as a darn seagull. I can't even get in to my own server. We've had our server for months and haven't made any changes to it lately and disabled the seagull thing very early on. Seriously, Bohemia? What is going on?

theduke77, as said before - put your energy and that of other players of your server that you've directed to this thread in raising your voices in the right thread, dedicated to DayZ mod, just like you do it here so the devs update their mod.

There are at least 14 pages that could already have been written in the DayZ mod thread and I can bet that somebody would already have heard you.

lets just hope for your sake the 10% can keep arma alive...  OHHH thats right only the 10% matter... sorry i forgot. GL and have fun.  Im off this banwagon 

Realism over compatibility is a terrible mistake. Thing is that corepatch is being worked on while most already implemented addons are not. Its responsibility of corepatch to keep most popular addons and missions compatible.

• Like 1

Realism over compatibility is a terrible mistake. Thing is that corepatch is being worked on while most already implemented addons are not. Its responsibility of corepatch to keep most popular addons and missions compatible.

The talk here is not about realism, but about fixes of BIS mistakes in configs, scripts and modules.

So following this logic, goliath86 shouldn't have fixed BIS buggy and laggy modules and shouldn't have reworked them to make them work properly and increase FPS for players, just because a lot of missions were made using old BIS modules?

Or shouldn't there have been changes incorporated in patch 1.63 concerning missiles' speeds, maneuverability and flight trajectory, because a lot of mods are using original game values for inheritance when making their own weaponry?

So do you suggest to literally not fix different bugs or config mistakes and leave them all as it is in order to avoid issues with mods not being updated anymore by their 3rd party devs? Did I understand the in the correct way?

You know, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed.

• Like 3

I have to ask again, can anyone explain to me why this multi million dollar company that has over 200 employees and hiring 20+ more is having volunteers do this core patching?

"When Arma 2’s development concluded" is a quote from the site, but as others have said with every core change mod developers must repatch their mods/missons? This can be hard or sometimes impossible. Still I think most people are upset about the attitude and lack of respect shown, not the changes which can be reverted.

To the person saying go play Dayz SA and go complain in the forum about its development, is that the goal to push anyone that plays those mods into buying that game? That game is still in alpha and very expensive, also most people I have talked to say the mods here are so much better and probably always will be.

Do you know how many people bought this game for the mods or custom missions? I found like 5 "realism" servers buried in 1000 dayz/life mod servers, and they were still using mods like ACE.. I am new here and I am a fan of milsims and realism, but if this is the only path for future development the game will slowly die, I hope that is not the goal.

Why did u emptied the medical supplies from the medical cardboard boxes ?

I guess 80% of the Arma 2 players are playing Dayz Mod ,now those missions that would give u medical supplies as a reward give nothing now , because the medical boxes are empty now.

About DMR zeroing i really see no problem to that.If u dont want want zeroing just dont use it ,use only the mildots.

Please fix the medical boxes problem .

Thank you for your work.

Opened Issue 1 on the github (firstpost!)

Medbox0 inherits from Cardboardbox

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=CardboardBox&type=Code

class MedBox0 : CardboardBox {    scope = public;    displayName = $STR_DAYZ_OBJ_2;    model = "z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\medical_freezbox.p3d";

In https://github.com/Goliath86/CorePatch/blob/9e5e9a20287b2cc7782b95c8e31562cce63575f1/CorePatch_AdditionalObjects/config.cpp

it appears that CardboardBox scope is set to protected (value 1) versus public (value 2), per https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference

this may be preventing the medboxes from being able to spawn the appropriate gear in hospitals, etc?

Opened Issue 1 on the github (firstpost!)

Medbox0 inherits from Cardboardbox

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/search?utf8=✓&q=CardboardBox&type=Code

class MedBox0 : CardboardBox {

scope = public;

displayName = $STR_DAYZ_OBJ_2;

model = "z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\medical_freezbox.p3d";

In https://github.com/Goliath86/CorePatch/blob/9e5e9a20287b2cc7782b95c8e31562cce63575f1/CorePatch_AdditionalObjects/config.cpp

it appears that CardboardBox scope is set to protected (value 1) versus public (value 2), per https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference

this may be preventing the medboxes from being able to spawn the appropriate gear in hospitals, etc?

This is a perfect example of what can be considered as constructive feedback/report without whining and bashing on somebody for no apparent reason.

Take note you all out there!

• Like 2

The talk here is not about realism, but about fixes of BIS mistakes in configs, scripts and modules.

LOLz then you did not read the thread or failed to leave that part out. thats what started the whole argument. the "realism" part, specially when they told us to suck it up...  GO and read, i dare ya...or if you want i can take some time and go quote the posts!!!!

Here is the fixed Shilka config from W0lle (he kindly gave permission for posting).  Important line is 439 (maxElev = 57; //85).

Fixed! Thanks!

Fixed! Thanks!

:)   I have tested the reduced maxelev in CWR2 Shilka and it works well. 

:)   I have tested the reduced maxelev in CWR2 Shilka and it works well. 

Yea, I too. Unfortunately this is last good value.

1/ Patching a game should always be based on the base game itself.

2/ Many modifications to this game have been affected throughout the update/patch process during this games lifetime. -

3/ A game should never be updated/patched to suit a mod. It has to be for the base game. So any mods affected should be altered to come back inline with the game again. Not the other way around.

4/ Lets say those saying dayz is where 70% of the game is played, are right. -

5/ BI have already done more than they needed too for those dayz players. They made a whole standalone game called 'DayZ'. -

6/ If that game (DayZ) doesn't work properly, argue over on that games forum for it to be changed, not here on a mil/sims forum for a game based around the military.

We need to leave this topic for its original purpose, direct input around the latest patch. Not how it has affected a mod, but what the patch did in terms of the game and whether or not it works and how it has benefited the game itself, or indeed not. But not based around a mod, but instead, as should be, around the vanilla base game.

The vanilla base game here is a mil/sim. Whatever mod wise, has grown from that, is irrelevant. The game, is 'the game', period.. Its a mil/sim at its core. All patches should be to further that or help with issues surrounding performance etc. It should not be, and should never be, about a 'mod'.

If patches come along that alter the game, detrimentally. Then players should speak up. But they have to do so, with the vanilla game in mind, nothing else.

This post illustrates the ignorance currently held in this community.

You say patches should always be on the base game itself.. WHY? Because previous games have, different games, in different circumstances, who's to say that A2 is not completely unique, well it is...........

Patches to a game should be done with the largest player base in mind, unless the goal of the dev is to turn passionate players away from their beloved game? Which is just twisted.

I love how loads of you are saying that it should never, ever be done about a mod, well here we aren't asking for changes to be based on mods, we are asking for changes that don't ruin the freaking game!!

OK, so you know what annoys me as a player of both sides, the mil sim and dayz mods, is that in your ignorance you seem to get confused between DayZ the game and the mods. Overwatch and Epoch are the two mainmods for Arma 2 OA, and are based on that game, changing something like the dmr zeroing does not break the mods??? they work perfectly fine, as they work with the game, they do not need to be updated or changed.

DayZ standalone is completely different to the mods for OA. Those mods are actually based on a mil sim, they give an awesome experience into surviving a zombie apocalypse if you were to have military spec weapons and vehicles available, so they work with the main goal of Arma, to be able to give a true mil sim experience, with the added extra of bases, traders and zombies.

The mods are what most Arma players fell in love with nowadays, and the standalone game just does not compare, with its slow development and lack of features, it is much more likely people will not stop playing the mods OA.

And saying a game development company can do more than enough for its audience, its players, the people that make them the money, is utterly stupid and infuriates me. How do you expect a business to keep being successful if it just gets to a point with its main customer base and says, oh wait yeah we did loads for you guys, go away, we're done with you and now we have to serve 3 people to make us all our money. It just doesn't make any sense?

Arma 2 as it currently stands is not like any other game I have ever known, so why should it be treated in the same way? In this case, the mods do define the main game because they made it what it is today.

All of those changes you are talking about Groove_c that you so kindly didn't complain about when they came out, happen before this game took off, before it reached insane popularity on the PC gaming circuit, so yes there should be some more consideration into what updates are pushed and when.

A lot of what those against dayz are saying on here is utterly useless anyway, those of you that act like you care for the game but not for the majority are just ignorant, unwilling to accept the change in the games nature.

It is utterly useless because the real devs, those that make the majority of changes and don't bad mouth the players, and just sit and watch these forums silently, have actually reverted many changes from the last corepatch, because they aren't stupid, they aren't ignorant, and they understand the real reason why they are making the changes, is to make this game the best game possible for the people playing it.

• Like 1

And Groove_c, you have come into this discussion somewhat late and don't entirely understand what has happened previously...

It is very much about realism, and the whole reason I am still here discussing my opinion calmly, is because some of the changes were made for the reason of realism with no actual real life evidence to prove it was, in fact there was evidence against it.

If these kind of changes are being made then how can the community trust those making the changes...

And you do like to spout on about how this thread should be used for bug fixes, and other input on problems, but then you go ahead and mouth of to those in favour of the game just as much as the next person.

All I have seen from those on the "anti-dayz" side of this discussion is complete ignorance, hypocrisy and utterly rude behaviour, with the occasional helpful post that has been drowned out by the likes of yourself going on about how long you've played this game, and basically saying that allows you to have a more important opinion...................

What is the point.

• Like 1

Regarding this post in "Troubleshooting" forum:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/97526-basic-training-bugs/#entry2957819

I can confirm that the drag action is not working with the Battlefield Clearance module.  The action to drag fails to appear, which also leads to no carrying.  Affects A2 and OA.

Might be in the BC module's "BC_AddActions.sqf", where this is found:

//adding Drag
//_nic = _injured addAction [format["Drag %1",_injured],(BIS_FA_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "dragger.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",
_nic = _injured addAction [format[localize "BC_addActions.sqf13",_injured],(BIS_FA_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "draggerStart.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",

The "draggerStart.sqf" is not found in the FA module, where the FA path leads.  It's found in the BC module.

I would suspect it should be:

//adding Drag
//_nic = _injured addAction [format["Drag %1",_injured],(BIS_FA_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "dragger.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",
_nic = _injured addAction [format[localize "BC_addActions.sqf13",_injured],(BIS_BC_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "draggerStart.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",

But I could be wrong, I can't test it since the modules set a hard path.