Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

Regarding this post in "Troubleshooting" forum:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/97526-basic-training-bugs/#entry2957819

I can confirm that the drag action is not working with the Battlefield Clearance module.  The action to drag fails to appear, which also leads to no carrying.  Affects A2 and OA.

Might be in the BC module's "BC_AddActions.sqf", where this is found:

//adding Drag
//_nic = _injured addAction [format["Drag %1",_injured],(BIS_FA_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "dragger.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",
_nic = _injured addAction [format[localize "BC_addActions.sqf13",_injured],(BIS_FA_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "draggerStart.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",

The "draggerStart.sqf" is not found in the FA module, where the FA path leads.  It's found in the BC module.

I would suspect it should be:

//adding Drag
//_nic = _injured addAction [format["Drag %1",_injured],(BIS_FA_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "dragger.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",
_nic = _injured addAction [format[localize "BC_addActions.sqf13",_injured],(BIS_BC_Path + BIS_PATH_SQF + "draggerStart.sqf"),[],99,true,false,"",

But I could be wrong, I can't test it since the modules set a hard path.

Thank you Opus for reporting!

I've fixed it and now it works as intended! It was not only the problem you pointed out! Thank you again!

• Like 1

I'd like to thank everyone working on this CorePatch because it's about fixing bugs and improving realism for a game that is almost 6 years old now.

This makes sense because Arma 2 is a milsim, i.e. it simulates as best it can (albeit imperfectly) military situations with a strong focus in combined operations.

I appreciate that certain members feel aggrieved by certain changes but bombarding the devs with walls of text in the hope of convincing them the errors of your ways, prolly isn't the best approach.

If anything it risks aggravating even disheartening them in what is an already ungratifying task.

Constructive criticism is best expressed via RPT and snippets of code.

Happy New Year!

• Like 6

An-2 is the only aircraft that has the option to switch from passanger's/co-pilot's seat to the pilot's seat during the flight in case if pilot ejects or is killed.
This was done in CCP if I remember correctly or in patch 1.63. Because I don't remember this being available prior to the patch 1.63.
So adding this possibility to other aircrafts that have a door to enter the cockpit should be a simple config change.

Because now for example if you're the pilot of Mi-8 with 16 passengers and 1 co-pilot and you get killed, than there are automatically 17 people that get killed as well.

If you're flying Ka-52 or Su34, the most expensive and effective weapons in ArmA 2 and you get killed as pilot and your co-pilot despite having a joystick as well can't take control over the aircraft it can be expensive and can change the balance between red and blue teams in one second.

So now we have this possibility introduced to An-2 that nobody realy cares about, but none of this for aircrafts that would really need it or benefit from it.

I know that in ArmA 3 it's done by just giving the control over the aircraft to the person, who has the second joystick without switching seats, but as it can't be done this way in ArmA 2, than lets just make it possible to switch seats from co-pilot or passanger to that of the pilot as a solution, like done for An-2.

And I konw it's possible, because before you could switch from passanger's place to that of the driver in Ural and other trucks and this was removed, but added to An-2.

Access to pilot's seat from passangers' seat via cockpit door + from co-pilot's seat:
C130J
C130J_US_EP1
MV22
UH1Y
UH1H_TK_EP1
UH1H_TK_GUE_EP1
CH_47F_EP1
CH_47F_BAF
BAF_Merlin_HC3_D
AW159_Lynx_BAF
Mi17_rockets_RU
Mi171Sh_rockets_CZ_EP1
Mi17_Ins
Mi17_TK_EP1
Mi171Sh_CZ_EP1
Mi17_UN_CDF_EP1
Mi17_Civilian

Access to pilot's seat only from co-pilot's seat:
Su34
Ka52
Ka52Black
Ka60_PMC
Ka60_GL_PMC

MH60S
UH60M_EP1
UH60M_MEV_EP1
MH6J_EP1
AH6J_EP1
AH6X_EP1

Yeah we did this in our mod too, setting the compartment in the driver and turret to the same value does it very simply

• Like 2

Yeah we did this in our mod too, setting the compartment in the driver and turret to the same value does it very simply

Thanks for hint!

BTR90, GAZ_Vodnik_HMG, LAV25, BRDM-2 (all factions) and BTR60_TK_EP1 can only fully zoom-in and only while holding num. "+" button as opposed to BMP-2 with exactly the same optics, which can finely tune it's zoom level with + and - buttons with no need to hold num. "+" button to keep zoom level.

• Like 1

FAB 250 and Mk-82 free fall bombs that shouldn't lock targets with "TAB" and also not fly to these targets on their own. These bombs are unguided in real life and can't lock and track targets because there is no camera and optics built it. It's just a peace of metal with explosive inside it.

There are only GBU (Guided Bomb Unit) bombs in the game that should be able to reach targets that are marked with laser designator as this is the case now.

^ ^ I have wondered about those optics differences as well.  It would be great if fine zooming was made possible for those vehicles, unless the "hold button" zooming is intended for some reason. 

Another note.  Should the LAV-25 have zeroing?  It has a rangefinder built into the optics....

Good.  Thank heaven it wasn't another bug.

That reddit post linked to from that last message mentions that the LAV-25 had 3-round bursts.  It would be interesting to know if single-shot was also available IRL (I would assume so).  I wonder if the M242 Bushmaster cannon should be changed from single-shot for one mouse click + continuous fire when mouse button is held down, to single-shot for one mouse click + 3-round burst when mouse button is held down?  I kind of like the way it is now, and am used to it.  Unless a more definitive source can be found, I say stick to what it is now.

Please fix the bug where holding zoom while switching to first person fixes you into full zoom and you cannot zoom back out.

Please increase the damage to vehicles done by the m134's on the AH6

Please decrease the burst size on the av8b (or allow single shot functionality), Thankyou!

Please fix the bug where holding zoom while switching to first person fixes you into full zoom and you cannot zoom back out.

Zoom while holding right mouse button or when double clicking num. "+" button?

As infantry or in a vehicle?

Zoom while holding right mouse button or when double clicking num. "+" button?

As infantry or in a vehicle?

In a vehicle, Only when entering gunner optics it happens for me. and its when using right mouse button I find. However it may be + aswell but i have not noticed with that.

Also: the SU34 is not the most effective and expensive jet in A2 :D. It may have more weapons but that does not account for the horrible cannon, the high stall speed and the terrible manouverability. I will challenge that if you care to hop onto an armory server with me...

In a vehicle, Only when entering gunner optics it happens for me. and its when using right mouse button I find. However it may be + aswell but i have not noticed with that.

I think I may know what are you talking about.

This bug is present since ArmA 1 and since 6 years in ArmA 2.

I've reported so many bugs here but forgot to remind devs of this one! I guess I'm starting to get old (((

Here are 3 reports of this.

Issue Nr.4865

Issue Nr.https://dev.withsix.com/issues/51626'>51626

Issue Nr.https://dev.withsix.com/issues/11681'>11681

Have tried myself and was able to reproduce this bug when zoomed in in 3rd person with right mouse button as gunner of UAZ DShK and than pressed num. "0" to switch to optics while still holding right mouse button for zoom.

Zoom was locked at its max level without possibility to zoom out. Changing from gunner to driver and back and getting out and getting in didn't help.

Have tried the same with commander of BMP-3, BTR-90, Hummvee M2/Mk-19 - worked as well.

I believe all vehicle mounted guns with optics have this issue. I have had it in most vehicles in the game. It is also present in A3.

• Like 1

Opened Issue 1 on the github (firstpost!)

Medbox0 inherits from Cardboardbox

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=CardboardBox&type=Code

class MedBox0 : CardboardBox {    scope = public;    displayName = $STR_DAYZ_OBJ_2;    model = "z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\medical_freezbox.p3d";

In https://github.com/Goliath86/CorePatch/blob/9e5e9a20287b2cc7782b95c8e31562cce63575f1/CorePatch_AdditionalObjects/config.cpp

it appears that CardboardBox scope is set to protected (value 1) versus public (value 2), per https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference

this may be preventing the medboxes from being able to spawn the appropriate gear in hospitals, etc?

Thank you for your answer.

ah cool i had no idea this was a bis model issue

it happens when we reskinned the hinds in our mod pack - i thought we made the problem lol

i imagine its missing camo1 selections in the higher lods

will check my models tomorrow

ah cool i had no idea this was a bis model issue

it happens when we reskinned the hinds in our mod pack - i thought we made the problem lol

i imagine its missing camo1 selections in the higher lods

will check my models tomorrow

Yeah, it is a problem regarding a blank texture regarding a Camo3 selection

Yeah, it is a problem regarding a blank texture regarding a Camo3 selection

there appear to be working camo1 and camo2 selections for the outer skin in lods 1-5, but in 6 it has camo3 only.

e.g.

camo1 = mi35_001_co.tga

camo2 = mi35_002_co.tga

and

camo3 = mi35_mlod_ca.tga  --> this is a blank beige texture

so how would we fix it? delete lod6?

Hi goliath86,

Is this a config issue that you can fix? Or is it a JSRS problem?

Fixed! ;)

FANTASTIC!  Many thanks.  :D 

:619: :clap: