Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

again with the insults. saying players are crying ...  are you starting to realize that most of community did not like this update, and because you are "volunteer"  devs you don't like the criticism.

I accept the criticism. But people have to offer to revert everything because of update work stopped mods. By your logic has nothing to do, as all accustomed to gaps and bugs.

Im happy with the corepatch, once i knew how to make my mods patch it!

The content includes many fixes you guys wouldnt even have known were bugs.

Good job core patch team.

• Like 3

I'm sure i speak for alot of the community (especially the warfare  mission playing one), when i say that more harm then good was done with the latest updates.

1)Changing offroad speeds, Why? the game is 6 years old, there was no need to change this.

If there was a request from certain players they could have easily chosen for an offroad speed script. Don't push this change upon an entire community.

2) Short list of found bugs..

M1a2 Tusk loader does not fire anymore, entire crew must be turned out.

M1a2 Tusk Coaxile machine gun zeroing set to standard 1600M.

G36 Scope bugged

18 rounds of BMP2 HE ammo can kill a tusk now, whilst the AP rounds need triple the ammount..

Offroad speeds,.. like stated before,

I'm going to ask in this thread to revert the patches made , and to simply release these patches as beta or something, or optional patches.

1)Changing offroad speeds, Why? the game is 6 years old, there was no need to change this.

If there was a request from certain players they could have easily chosen for an offroad speed script. Don't push this change upon an entire community.

This was made for realistic. Or do you think that it's normal that I can ride in the desert of Takistan and on asphalt at the same speed?

2) Short list of found bugs..

M1a2 Tusk loader does not fire anymore, entire crew must be turned out.

This is NOT a bug! Loader's M240 (like commander's M2 on M1A1) is NOT remotely controlled weapon.

M1a2 Tusk Coaxile machine gun zeroing set to standard 1600M.

This is because zeroing is set to turret not weapon and cannon is a main gun of turret not MG.

G36 Scope bugged

Can you provide screenshot? As far as I know this bug was fixed few days ago.

18 rounds of BMP2 HE ammo can kill a tusk now, whilst the AP rounds need triple the ammount..

Hm... Thanks for report!

This was made for realistic. Or do you think that it's normal that I can ride in the desert of Takistan and on asphalt at the same speed?

I think that after 6 Years , you should not have changed this. 

there is now a very big group of people that are not satisfied/frustrated  because a select group of "realistplebs" decided to change a game they have been playing every day for 6 years.

Honestly, THIS feature should have been a optional patch. 

I think that after 6 Years , you should not have changed this. 

there is now a very big group of people that are not satisfied/frustrated  because a select group of "realistplebs" decided to change a game they have been playing every day for 6 years.

Honestly, THIS feature should have been a optional patch.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186695-a2a2oa-patch-18122015/page-13#entry2956392

i don't care about the mods, i'm talking about this unofficial dev team changing one of the most essential parts in the game.

I'm sure the new patch did some great things, i'm not saying it did not.

But if you want to make the game more "realistic" after  6 years, you should either release it in a Seperate patch or mod. Not shove it down the throat of an entire community.

I'm sure u will see more posts like mine in the future, but this is where i end the discussion from my end.

i don't care about the mods

Key sentence:

By your logic has nothing to do, as all accustomed to gaps and bugs.

Dont quote out of context sentences..

it does not mean that becaus i personally don't care that it is not of any importance to anybody else.

and 

I accept the criticism. But people have to offer to revert everything because of update work stopped mods. By your logic has nothing to do, as all accustomed to gaps and bugs.

Try putting this in readable context so people know where u or the entire " team" stand with ur opinions...

My RPT is full of spam now since this update.  GG "devs"

Posting a spam .rpt would be helpful.

When rather long it's helpful to:

1) Post the .rpt text in a code block to make it simpler to review, and

2) Put the code block behind a "Spoiler" button to save space for more people to comment;

3) Redacting portions of the .rpt spam, so it doesn't overwhelm but people can still see how it is spamming.

It's likely you already know, but for those who might not,

the spoiler button is generated by typing ["SPOILER"] before the block and ["/SPOILER"] after the block, but remove the "" from inside the brackets (they're included for visibility here, so this sentence wouldn't generate the spoiler button).

post .rpt text in a code block like this.
The code block is generated by the button on the editing bar marked "< >". 
If a pop-up box appears select code type "none" and paste .rpt text in the body.

My RPT is full of spam now since this update.

Seems, "No owner" spam is fixed, but patch will be released next year. :(

Hello everyone,

I've been busy over the last few days sorting out some of the realistic zero values for weapons.  Some in game I know can be zeroed, but I am being really careful due to US ITAR laws.  I have to make sure to stay within them, which is why I have been quiet over the last few days, and because I'm working with Shatten on some very diverse gear, some of which hasn't been used by the US Military in over 10 years.  (Manuals can be hard to find)

Will keep you all updated.

What trade laws could you possibly violate? Outside of NBC weapons or top speed of the newest fighters you are safe.. All of the manuals can be found online and are public record. I have every U.S. Army manual going back to 1988 in PDF format, you can find everything at the library along with like Janes and other analyst publications or the manufacturers specifications and manuals. Even quite sensitive things usually still have patents, which are also public information.

Let me get this straight, a person that joined this forum a week ago and claims to be a Marine (no offense I believe nothing without proof) is now advising developers on the games official patch? Please tell me there is more to it than that? Everything that has been said here sounds to me like it should be a mod being developed, and if that proves to be good then implemented to an official patch, or at least alot of beta testing before throwing it into a game that relies mostly on custom mods.

I am totally new to this game and glad to see it being updated but everything seems quite unorganized or unofficial and that scares me. My question is why can this all not be done with a mod, then if it works well or proves to be popular make it an official patch? Again I am a total newb so please forgive my newb questions/concerns.

• Like 1

Seems, "No owner" spam is fixed, but patch will be released next year. :(

Spam is gone yes, <yay, thank you>.

Still encountering some intermittent ones.  They generate after the mission is in progress.  Not many though.

Posting a spam .rpt would be helpful.

When rather long it's helpful to:

1) Post the .rpt text in a code block to make it simpler to review, and

2) Put the code block behind a "Spoiler" button to save space for more people to comment;

3) Redacting portions of the .rpt spam, so it doesn't overwhelm but people can still see how it is spamming.

It's likely you already know, but for those who might not,

the spoiler button is generated by typing ["SPOILER"] before the block and ["/SPOILER"] after the block, but remove the "" from inside the brackets (they're included for visibility here, so this sentence wouldn't generate the spoiler button).

post .rpt text in a code block like this.
The code block is generated by the button on the editing bar marked "< >". 
If a pop-up box appears select code type "none" and paste .rpt text in the body.

i would post my RPT, but i have other errors in there that were there before the update.  and it would just give you devs enough to add to the fire and say "oh its your server" or whatever.  Im not a coder or scripter, i cant write code like i can talk, i wish i could.  So for me to try and go and FIX everything, is overwhelming...im letting the account run out and most likely shutting down the servers..  and bye bye arma (so called community devs)

I had just typed a long post and i was deleted when i accidently clicked a wrong button GG.  But to sum up what i had put.  You guys need to hire some of the GTA crew if you want to add "Realism" to arma 2.  Because imo, the arma parachuting is embarassing.   And im also tired of the devs saying the players cry.  I think you guys are crying because most of the people didnt like the update.  You need to make this a optional update and not force it on communities that havnt had a update in years.

And as far as the SUV going offroad, again there you go with realism..How bout i take my 2006 tacoma and go pick you up, then we'll go offroad and then tell me if going fast is NOT POSSIBLE.  I bet you'll be holding that "holy shat" handle pretty hard.  But i guarantee i can go just as fast offroad.  I think thats why they are called ofroad vehicles.  A Young buck like you schatten might not know that, offroad vehicles are made to go offroad LOL  and not to mention....military vehicles are meant to go offroad LOL  ahhhhh i was positive the community was screwed,  but now im realizing the world is screwed!!

@ theduke77 -

You can save the .rpt as another file for continued review, clear the text from the remaining .rpt and save, and when you play the game it generates new stuff.

and @ Hork -

What you say it sounds like, is what the process has been.  BI focused fully on A3 after release of OA v1.63, and the patch began as a gamer mod to resolve bug issues.  The mod was so good at fixing many bugs and improving gameplay that BI took notice, allowed it to become a beta, and after a lengthy beta period it became a patch.

The problem is complex, and should become a college thesis some day.  People play to their own styles and flavor.  Mods enhance what the game can do.  Many buy the game and play it for certain mods, and some come to view their favorite mod content as being "the game".  Various gamers modify mods for their personal use.  The mod/beta centered on the base game, which is A2, and the game expansion, which is OA.  Various servers didn't use the mod, and when it became beta they wouldn't use the beta.  It becomes a patch and then issues which were not reported from mod and beta period get raised, with anger showing in various posts.  part is over mod conflict, part is over realism enhancement affecting gameplay style.  Reading this whole thread shows that.

Many play with mods that originated being written around game bugs which the mod/beta/patch later resolved, and while I won't say various mods were abandoned, various mods were left behind by their creator(s) for more current projects, creator(s) of whom permissions would have to be obtained for anyone else to update where a conflict from a bug fix occurs.

And that's not even scratching the surface, but I'm not gonna write a thesis.  Suffice it to say nobody who helped with the patch wants to screw up the gameplay, or impact any mods, it's been an honest effort to improve the game, and more mod/beta servers & players would have made a difference, as more modders attending to their mods would have made a tremendous difference.  There are some modders who did attend their mods, they know who they are.  And I don't fault modders for setting aside mods, they too are passionate players who follow their own style and flavor of gameplay.

I'm not posting this to become a grand discussion, because this thread is for feedback that will help make fixes.  The grand discussion truly belongs here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186780-following-on-from-the-recent-patch-issues/

I'm posting this for newer forum readers to have some background awareness.  If you have the many hours to spare, read through the Corepatch and Beta threads to create a college thesis, or a post for the thread above:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169736-arma-2-oa-beta-build-125548-steam-mp-lobby-163-build-steam-only/
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174206-wip-corepatch-config-patch-for-arma-2-oa/
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181515-arma-2-oa-beta-build-131129-163-mp-compatible-steam-only/

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/180156-todays-new-steam-update-to-beta/
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181435-a2a2oa-beta-patches-pre-final-patch/

<and this thread, from start to finish>

@theduke77

I remember overtaking civvies on asphalt off the road in Arizona all the time, with 5 tons and humvees. 

The vehicle offroading speeds in ArmA have always been ridiculously slow. Using Ghost's addon seems to bring it to a more realistic value, although I am not sure about the offroading speeds of BTR/BRDMs and the like.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29502

@theduke77

I remember overtaking civvies on asphalt off the road in Arizona all the time, with 5 tons and humvees. 

The vehicle offroading speeds in ArmA have always been ridiculously slow. Using Ghost's addon seems to bring it to a more realistic value, although I am not sure about the offroading speeds of BTR/BRDMs and the like.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29502

if anything this link and video is exactly how the "realism" should of gone towards.  They have always been slow yes.  We always hated it, but we adapted to it sadly.  now they decided to make them slower because it was more realistic LOLZ. the team working on arma 2 should leave it as is and go help the devs with arma 3.  because arma 3 is still in zulu stage (pre-alpha, like novice hockey).  

And like this mod team did, the update should of been a "mod" or a"optional update".

Im really sorry that everyone has to deal with my frustration in this thread.  But i will not kindly take "crying" insults when most of the community is made up of the mods and the insult was directed towards modders.

How many of you guys remember the atari, nintendo and snes days.  How many bugs did you find in those games? i know i didnt find many.  Thats because there was no way of "updating" games back then, so they nearly polished games.  They paid people to play and test games.  And we had physical copies of the games.  Now, they release games super early, full of bugs, the customers are the testers, because they can release "updates".  So they save on paying for testers, save on making hard copies of games, and make just as much money because the prices of games have stayed consistent to the prices of consoles.   Think about it!!  And now we are going through this "DLC" stage. when the updates or extras you gota pay for them LOL  not all updates. but the arma 3 tactic for the DLC was very wrong IMO.  Thats sad and desperate marketing.  

and i really think this update was to push people to arma 3.  Because it just doesnt make sense to have done alot of what they say they did...its not logic..its not "realism" slowing down a SUV offroad.....i could go on, but im sure you all get my drift.

To Opusfmspol, the Warfare missions upon completion are in a perpetual loop with the camera and the stats. This loop lasts only a few seconds and then continuously repeats. I don't recall that happening before. I tested this with Civil War CTI several times today. Minor I know but I figured it best to mention it just in case.

On a side note concerning Civil War I thought it interesting that the Insurgents recruit Russian soldiers for base defense and the CDF recruit USMC for base defense oh and the CDF playable units start off with American weapons instead of Russian variants. I figured for that CTI mission it would be exclusively Insurgents vs CDF but it probably has always been like that. Easy enough to modify on my end to be honest. :)  

To anybody, as far as tweaking weapons and vehicles  are concerned does anyone else think the bicycles in ARMA 2 are a tad on the fast side? I always thought they were too fast in Dayz and doesn't appear to me much if any slower after the patch?

I am still very confused, this company with its multi millions is asking or relying on or allowing obviously not well vetted community members to patch a game that is over 5 years old? Why do they not have an analyst on the payroll? Why are they not perfecting this game as far as optimization, bugs, or actual realism that has been mentioned and not mod breaking ideas that are far from reality? The attitude shown here is crazy, especially about the chopper. Only until repeated photos are posted showing what is more realistic are the concerns considered valid. It is nothing more than someones "idea" about what is more realistic.

Instead of forum members pointing out why things are not accurate, any change towards so called realism MUST have facts to back it up, there should be no question or doubt. The speed of most vehicles off road is STUPID and unrealistic, and pedal bikes go too fast as the previous poster said. Being able to sometimes jump off a roof with no issue, yet a closing door or stairs on occasion will break legs is also far from reality. I am very new to this game but the optimization seems rough, almost like it needs to be ported over to 64bit.

What trade laws could you possibly violate? Outside of NBC weapons or top speed of the newest fighters you are safe.. All of the manuals can be found online and are public record. I have every U.S. Army manual going back to 1988 in PDF format, you can find everything at the library along with like Janes and other analyst publications or the manufacturers specifications and manuals. Even quite sensitive things usually still have patents, which are also public information.

Let me get this straight, a person that joined this forum a week ago and claims to be a Marine (no offense I believe nothing without proof) is now advising developers on the games official patch? Please tell me there is more to it than that? Everything that has been said here sounds to me like it should be a mod being developed, and if that proves to be good then implemented to an official patch, or at least alot of beta testing before throwing it into a game that relies mostly on custom mods.

I am totally new to this game and glad to see it being updated but everything seems quite unorganized or unofficial and that scares me. My question is why can this all not be done with a mod, then if it works well or proves to be popular make it an official patch? Again I am a total newb so please forgive my newb questions/concerns.

I'll forgive your "Newb" ness regarding most of what you said.

However, I won't forgive you saying you don't believe I served my country. 

Side note, I'd love to see those manuals of yours, because it might be awesome to get to read them.  But, like yourself, I don't believe without proof, so I don't think you have them.  We can settle that later.

That aside.  READ the US ITAR Laws.  At the time I wrote that post, I was unsure regarding ITAR Laws, and I'd rather not wind up in jail for posting something I shouldn't.

For example, from the ITAR.  "It is illegal to allow a Non US citizen to hold or look through a Gen 3, Gen 3+, or Gen 4 Night Optical Device, Even on US Soil".  That was what caused me to post the comment you're commenting on.

In some manuals, it will say  DISTRIBUTION UNLIMITEDAPPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE, (For example, the obsolete PVS 4) However, not all manuals are approved for UNLIMITED Distribution.  I still remember several I read that were FOR OFFICAL USE ONLY (which is not allowed for public release) And since I'm not a hard core buff like you, I don't have all the JANES Manuals and books, only the ones I was allowed to keep when I was out briefed and retired.

And, to help "Let you get this straight".  

I'll assume you've read the entire thread so far?  If not, please, do so and come back to this post.

I, like the others here, am posting on a game I play.  I was asked a few questions I know about, and I responded to them.  I'm doing what I can, like all the others here who care to make the game better and more accurate. 

For example, I know, and can prove that we didn't use PEQ 2 lasers in 2009, we used PEQ 15 and PEQ 16.  Later on even the PEQ 15's were gone and we only used PEQ 16. 

Another note is that the Marines have NEVER fielded an Aim point (Red Dot) type sight to Infantry.  The only three in use were and are, the TA 31 ACOG RCO, 4 power fixed (Standard Issue), the EO TECH 552 HWS, and that one I only saw on some M4A1's, and in case the sight is broken, we can fall back on the Iron Sights.  Which is 8/3 on the A2, and was switched to 6/3 on the A4.

When I say, "I'm not sure, I'll look it up", it's because I want to provide the best information I can.

Anyway, I've got a flight to catch, so I gotta run, be back this evening.

• Like 2

I hope you did not take offense or think I doubt you personally, I can see you joined the forum like a week ago and just had to wonder if there is more to it than that. Everything you have said is fine I do not disagree, but you MUST back up everything with evidence and facts.

I truly appreciate the fact that people are wanting to improve this game, as long as it is done right and does what is best for the whole player base. From it seems most of the people are playing a dayz/life mod, and the dayz stand alone still does not have zombies after 2 years of development so the community is actually growing, I just bought the game recently.

I did read the whole thread and I can see that you have basically just offered advice on subjects that you know about, but if becoming an advisor for the devs is that simple you must see where there could be concerns. I have a large library of field and tech manuals on paper and PDF, they can mostly be found online or at the local library. Here is a couple links to army manuals for example..

http://www.apd.army.mil/ProductMap.asp

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/

Well the way a lot of us see it is that bis made a basic game and we edit and mod it to suit our needs.

In our case we modified every weapon to add zeroing at appropriate ranges to every weapon. Its great to see the core patch team bringing this through to the basic A2 weapons which were released before zeroing was implemented.

Most tanks and apcs have HE or AP ammo selections for their main guns. We edited this to make every vehicle have ammo specific to the type of gun and platform. That kind of change is way beyond the role of core patch though.

I only say this to give an example of what is the realm of the core patch and waht is the realm of the modding team.

Some teams aim for expanded and enhanced realism. This is not the aim of core patch. Core patch is fixing broken stuff. It may transfer the odd benefit across from OA to A2 kit but i would not expect them to be making you a realism mod with expanded and anhanced capability.

^ Completely agree. ACE 2 and any further implementation of that mod is where to put these changes. Changes most of which, I might add, are completely in line with realism. There's a few exceptions, but I would certainly be happy to work with people towards ACE 2 updates, or whatever it would be called.

• Like 2