Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

Goliath, how would you feel about making a github version of corepatch so as a community be more involved with it? Of course official version/branch would be controlled by the owner and all requests would be subject to testing/evaluation. I feel like this would be the best solution to relieve some of the pressure off you and offload some work onto other devs that could help make some module or function improvements.

Hi PiZZADOX!

I'm already opening a GitHub version of corepatch as I'm writing ;)

• Like 1

Morning everybody,

first of all thanks for patching an old game. This means for me that Arma 2 is not dead yet which is good :-)

Appart from the reported issues with zeroing on DMR and Sniper weapons, I did not read about the PKP so far. Also the PKP lost zeroing and since it was my favorite weapon, it is kind of sad :-S

There is also another issue I saw so far. Previously the Arma 2 client was tight to Steam so starting Arma 2 caused starting steam as well. This is not the fact anymore. If you now start Arma 2 but steam is not running, you simply get kicked from all servers when you try to connect.

One more issue...

I am running a DayZ Epoch 1501 Server and have a lot of customized stuff on it. I run a modified version of DZMS which is the mission system. It was configured to collect all weapons from dead enemies and add them to a box.

// find nearest box
	_objects = nearestObjects [_unit, ["MedBox0"], 250];
	_object = objNull;
	if (count _objects == 0) then {
		_object = createVehicle ["MedBox0", _unit, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
		_object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
		clearweaponcargoGlobal _object;
		clearmagazinecargoGlobal _object;
		_objectID = str(round(random 999999));
		_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _objectID, true];
		_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _objectID, true];
		_object setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
		_object setVariable ["DZMSCleanup",true];
	} else {
		_object = _objects select 0;
	};
	if (!isNil "_object") then {
		{ // toolbelt and weapons
			if (!(_x in ["NVGoggles","RPG7V"])) then {
				_object addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x, 1];
			};
		} forEach (weapons _unit);
		{ // ammo and other items
			if (!(_x in ["PG7V"])) then {
				_object addmagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1];
			};
		} forEach (magazines _unit);
	};

Well, this happens server side. After the patch, the players did not see the weapons anymore in the box. My client was not updated when this issue occured and I saw the weapons. Now they are invisible for me as well!

Finally...

All this complains about the changed weapons and vehicles have only one single reason: We are not able to change them back to fit our needs. cfgVehicles, cfgWeapons, cfgMagazines and cfgAmmo cannot be modified via mission config,  which is really something I would wish for christmas :-)

You have this cool inheritance concept which would allow us to modifiy the needed attributes with a few lines of code. But as mentioned, it is not supported in the mission file.

I am probably not the only one who wants this from Santa Clause :-)

Thanks, Merry Christmas and hohoho!

silentius, can you please post addons that you use? My guess is that your MedBox0 inherits something that no longer has space in it preventing addWeapon\MagazineCargoGlobal commands for adding contents.

Or execute following to post results here:

[getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "MedBox0" >> "transportMaxWeapons"), getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "MedBox0" >> "transportMaxMagazines")]

This should get max weapons and magazines cargo space for MedBox0, to see if my theory is true

It is...

MedBox0 does not have any space. No weapons, no magazines and no backpack :-S

Mystery solved, thanks :-)

Regarding addons:

- DayZ Epoch 1501

- Arma 2 OA

- British Armed Forces

- Private Military Company

- Army of the Czech Repubilc

Hey guys.

As A2:OA (DayZ Overpoch) is my favorite game (Over 8000 hours) I felt It was important for myself to have my saying in this matter. 

I can't help but to think with the recent donations war that maybe this was intentional to get people to A3. Seems strange to update a game all of a sudden that they/you obviously want everyone to forget.

I was sure it was a joke when I bought a Lee Enfield from the Overpoch traders when the zeroing said "167" - "233" etc.

May I ask - Is it?

I have absolutely no idea why many of these gun changes were made? KSVK has zeroing as well? WHY?

The scope was meant for it to be hard to zero with the Russian scope.

The gunner seat in the Armored Mi-17 is also broken. Can hardly move the gunner around at all now - Landing steel also seem to have been lowered quite a bit.

Anyways I'm sorry for my little rant here. I hope there will be a fix for all this soon.

Merry Christmas and all that stuff :)

- Kean

• Like 2

Thank you al for feedback guys!

Even if we don't answer at everyone we are reding this thread very carefully and discussing the changes to be made for the next update!

So, many of you agree on reverting the mini-gun's firing angles on the original one.

We are investigating on the "No Owner" RPT spam and on the super-speed of the bycicle.

Yes! Minigun changes were unecessary, whilst we appreciate the effort, they make fun gameplay just impossible.

When do you think the reverted changes could be done? or if this was possible..

• Like 1

It is...

MedBox0 does not have any space. No weapons, no magazines and no backpack :-S

Mystery solved, thanks :-)

Do you know which class causes it? What is inheritance tree for it?

Hi PiZZADOX!

I'm already opening a GitHub version of corepatch as I'm writing ;)

+1

This is actually a great idea

It's good to see that this game is still being worked on. Your efforts are appreciated guys! How about you also take a look at this very neat feature in ACE that was broken a long time ago due to game patches (according to ACE devs, there was nothing they could do and it was a game-related issue) 

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/71664

Do you know which class causes it? What is inheritance tree for it?

Hopefully this helps:

class CardboardBox : ReammoBox {
};

class MedBox0 : CardboardBox {
};

So obviously the origin with the actual max slots is ReammoBox.

Regards,

Silentius

Okay, So I have cooled down a bit since I near got myself banned from the forums in rage at this update.

So I would like to ask a few questions...

Why this sudden move to "realism" when there are alternative mods that will do the job better than any 'zeroing' update could ever hope to... for example.. ACE mod or MSO... anything of the sort.

At what cost does this "realism" come? We now have a ridiculously overpowered M14, and DMR... imho the skill required to use these weapons (more specifically the DMR) through learning the mill dots was enough to balance the weapon. On top of this we have zeroing on the SVD... again what is the point in the scope? One of my favorite guns due to the satisfaction of the kill is just another "zero n shoot" gun. This brings my point about the m134 and the venom... You know that scene in the new star-wars where they have to flip the millenium falcon upside down to shoot the tie fighter because the gun is broken? That is essentially the venom now... enough said.

Why please... Why did you change the AV8B cannon? I loved it... I was so proficient I could shoot jets down with a few shots... Now i am forced to waste 15 shots on each burst... WHY? it was great before hand. 

With a move to realism... shouldn't you be focusing on how stairs kill you? How a closing door breaks your legs? How a player running into you at speed breaks your legs?... There are so many pressing issues in this move to "realism" then a full auto m14.

I don't understand this move to realism, the quirks and gun play is what keeps us on Arma 2 and not just 3.

I have spent over 4000 hours on arma 2, No update has ever upset me... But this one genuinely does, I feel like all that experience... All that practise learning the scopes, mil dots, guns work and play... Is just gone.

PLEASE! revert these changes to the weapons.

other than the addition of iron sights to certain guns... I fully support that! ;)

• Like 2

Hopefully this helps:

class CardboardBox : ReammoBox {
};

class MedBox0 : CardboardBox {
};

So obviously the origin with the actual max slots is ReammoBox.

Regards,

Silentius

This is strange, Reammobox has really huge numbers for weapons and magazines. Is it getting overwritten anywhere in the mod?

This is strange, Reammobox has really huge numbers for weapons and magazines. Is it getting overwritten anywhere in the mod?

Does not look like it. Look at the config https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Development/SQF/dayz_equip/configs/CardboardBox.hpp

It inherits the max values from the base class which seems to be ReammoBox. One thing I could imagine is that the information gets lost somewhere in the tree.

Unfortunately I cannot do tests on my own since cfgVehicle is not supported by mission pbo. You can be sure that neither DayZ nor Epoch was changed recently. So the issue is either the reammobox which do not have any storage anymore (which you already confirmed to be not true) or there is a side effect of bugfixes which has an impact on the inheritance logic which sounds to me like a nightmare and which could also explain some of the weapon issues people experience!

silentius, can you please post addons that you use? My guess is that your MedBox0 inherits something that no longer has space in it preventing addWeapon\MagazineCargoGlobal commands for adding contents.

Or execute following to post results here:

[getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "MedBox0" >> "transportMaxWeapons"), getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "MedBox0" >> "transportMaxMagazines")]

This should get max weapons and magazines cargo space for MedBox0, to see if my theory is true

I want to chime in that my server is a vanilla plus some minor mods and I've been hearing from players that the MedBox is empty or disappearing. So, I don't think its epoch.

I want to chime in that my server is a vanilla plus some minor mods and I've been hearing from players that the MedBox is empty or disappearing. So, I don't think its epoch.

Well epoch is based on DayZ. The MedBox0 on Epoch comes from DayZ. Both of us do not think it is an epoch problem. As samatra mentioned, the attributes for ReammoBox did not change either. This makes me thinking it is a bug in the engine which causes the inheritance logic to not work properly anymore!

DMR... imho the skill required to use these weapons (more specifically the DMR) through learning the mill dots was enough to balance the weapon. On top of this we have zeroing on the SVD... again what is the point in the scope? One of my favorite guns due to the satisfaction of the kill is just another "zero n shoot" gun.

Do you know that optical sights mounted on these rifles have flywheels to adjust zeroing? No? Find and read info.

Why please... Why did you change the AV8B cannon? I loved it... I was so proficient I could shoot jets down with a few shots... Now i am forced to waste 15 shots on each burst... WHY?

Do you know that GAU-12 mounted on this plane has 3600 shots per minute rate of fire? No? Find and read info. It means that 60 shots will be done for 1 second. Are you really sure that you can do 1 shot from this weapon?

Can you stop crying?

I was sure it was a joke when I bought a Lee Enfield from the Overpoch traders when the zeroing said "167" - "233" etc.

May I ask - Is it?

Do you know that iron sight mounted on this rifle can be zeroed? No? Find and read info.

I have absolutely no idea why many of these gun changes were made? KSVK has zeroing as well? WHY?

The scope was meant for it to be hard to zero with the Russian scope.

Do you know that optical sight mounted on this rifle has flywheels to adjust zeroing? No? Find and read info.

The gunner seat in the Armored Mi-17 is also broken. Can hardly move the gunner around at all now - Landing steel also seem to have been lowered quite a bit.

Do you think that it's normal?

aZFWV4Q.jpgOcnMPV4.jpgowLa7yW.jpgFE9Y3V7.jpg

• Like 1

I LIKE the new zeroing on DMR and SVD!  :ok:  I always thought it odd that there was no zeroing for these sniper rifles. Use that flywheel!  :)   

• Like 1

Major YES to REALISM.

GIGANTIC NO! to broken/bugged/arcade'ish parameters!

Keep rollin' down that awesome highway of epic fixes goliath and co!

• Like 3

Do you know that optical sights mounted on these rifles have flywheels to adjust zeroing? No? Find and read info.

Do you know that GAU-12 that mounted on this plane has 3600 shots per minute rate of fire? No? Find and read info. It means that 60 shots will be done for 1 second. Are you really sure that you can do 1 shot from this weapon?

Can you stop crying?

I don't care what guns do what. I care that they were changed for no reason...

Do you know that this game is not real life?

Do you know that walking down stairs does not in fact break your legs

Do you know that it is physically impossibly to sprint infinitely 

Do you know that mods such as ACE / MSO exist with hardcore communites

Do you know that you can join those instead of pretending that vanilla Arma is realistic

Do you know making these changes does not in fact make the game more realistic but instead makes it more unbalanced and has significantly decreased the player population on A2.

Do you know that me and kehan have a combines 12-13000 hours experience in this game, We are completely unbiased in this (we have never played with eachother). However I think we both share the common view that this has ruined Arma 2.

Do you know that the majority of Arma 2 players play Epoch/Overpoch and these communities are dying due to OP m14/dmr.

• Like 2

hololand, maybe it makes sense to play Call of Duty, Battlefield or other casual shooter?

Do you know that GAU-12 mounted on this plane has 3600 shots per minute rate of fire? No? Find and read info. It means that 60 shots will be done for 1 second. Are you really sure that you can do 1 shot from this weapon?

Can you stop crying?

Schatten.... Now you don't seem like a very friendly guy. 

Why are you saying stupid things like this to people that are just voicing their opinion on this thread...? Says a lot about your credibility here to me tbh.

And why are you only responding to things that you've managed to find real life proof of, like the scope zeroing and your little mi17 snapshots, what about the fact that the guns on helis like the venom and blackhawk have completely unrealistic values now? Even though you're saying its been done for realism.... The actual values from many videos and military sources are much bigger than has been implemented....

I do like how you ignore posts about these, but then use your own broken screenshots to justify the mi17 changes. The changes to guns in the helis may stop the kind of thing you see in your pictures, only because the angles are now stupidly restrictive you have no chance of ever getting your gun near the side of the heli.

I just think as someone sitting there spouting out stuff about realism and asking people to go read up on stuff, to become as knowledgeable as you are on the subject, you are quite strange because the changes that have been made to helis don't reflect actual values at all? 

Oh, do you know the actual gunner angle values for the different armed helis? No? Find and read info.

• Like 1

hololand, maybe it makes sense to play Call of Duty, Battlefield or other casual shooter?

Insulting me does not change the fact that your changes are disappointing a large portion of the player base and some of the biggest players of the game.

And from a business standpoint... Catering to your own personal interests rather than the player base is a major mistake. I am sure Bohemia would be thrilled if a poorly made and personally influenced decision would loose one of there major games a good portion of players.

hololand, I can't imagine how you will shoot, rotated M134 longitudinal to helicopter. Can you help me?