Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

In real life, you cannot switch from locking a mini gun in place to having it used by a gunner. It doesn't work. There is no such feature IRL for the M134.

I'm stating very clearly, the angle of fire in terms of not being able to turn it left or right at all was unintentional I promise. I do not believe there was anything in the changelog that stated they done this.

scottybo, cool video, but I didn't see that gunners shoots from MGs rotated longitudinal to helicopter.

Forward-firing at 0:27.

Peregrine1987, what about other sniper rifles: Mk17, M24, etc? Are them compatible with NVG?

scottybo, not forward (looks like +15 degrees from longitudinal axis of heli), also this isn't M134.

Looks like arma 3 here I come now the venom us utterly useless...

As with many of you, too many hours to admit playing on this game and now these changes happen after such a long time of the game being out. Why?? What is the logic behind these? Surely it's a waste of the dev's time to put these things in if it makes the game worse to play??

I agree... Stick to the bugfixes, we need those but not game changing mechanics people, come on...

i have a feeling this was bohemias intensions...

Please, delete corepatch from update, he broke everything what i create with my addons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a feeling this was bohemias intensions...

Bohemia's Intentions? Really? 90% of people working on A2 have nothing to do with Bohemia, they are just helping and are not controlled by Bohemia.

In real life, you cannot switch from locking a mini gun in place to having it used by a gunner. It doesn't work. There is no such feature IRL for the M134.

I'm stating very clearly, the angle of fire in terms of not being able to turn it left or right at all was unintentional I promise. I do not believe there was anything in the changelog that stated they done this.

Ok, we can live without manual fire, no one has complained that it's gone, but one one has complained that manual fire was unrealistic, so why was it even edited at all?? 

So you're telling me that the angle of fire will be fixed?? As it was unintentional, it should be fixed right? that should definitely be reverted as it makes the heli unusable and wasn't the intention of the update.

Cool, so remove the manual fire thing :) Nobody uses it in my opinion....

As I am reading your post, the angle thing with the venom is getting reverted? Yes?

scottybo, not forward (looks like +15 degrees from longitudinal axis of heli), also this isn't M134.

5 or less. Check reflection in helmet. Same mount.

I use manual fire in venom and blackhawk all the time... So I'm complaining...

And I'm pretty sure everyone who play on servers where these helis are the most armed helis you can have are also complaining...

Also, the base game is not all realism.. And we don't want it to be.. If I want it like that I'll play with ACE tbh..

Fix back the miniguns/manual fire, revert changes on weapons and restore vehicle offroad speeds please!

• Like 1

This is a UH-1Y with M134 on the right side and Gau-21 .50 cal on the left side..

Gau-21 on the left

venom1.png

M134 no right side in same type of mount

venom2.png

As for the manual fire by the pilot.. Haven't bothered looking up any evidence if this is possible, perhaps not to change between a door gunner and pilot during flight but is it really that far-fetched that it could be rigged to be remotely fired by the pilot? I mean the AH6J can do it, I'm sure the same fireing mechanism can be used in a UH-1Y, and locking the swivel mount to a fixed forward position is seen in these pics already..

• Like 1

This is a UH-1Y with M134 on the right side and Gau-21 .50 cal on the left side..

Gau-21 on the left

M134 no right side in same type of mount

As for the manual fire by the pilot.. Haven't bothered looking up any evidence if this is possible, perhaps not to change between a door gunner and pilot during flight but is it really that far-fetched that it could be rigged to be remotely fired by the pilot? I mean the AH6J can do it, I'm sure the same fireing mechanism can be used in a UH-1Y, and locking the swivel mount to a fixed forward position is seen in these pics already..

You are correct. You can set up manual fire. As long as you have other crew that can help change it to that. At least this is the case with the AH11 Wildcat helicopters in the UK. However, I need to express that the AH6J has M134's that are already fixed. 

The information I am providing you all is simply from my interpretations of the extended change log.

I am not a developer, however, the bugs involved with the M134 weapon is not even mentioned in the changelog. Nothing has been edited about the helicopter. However, the angle may have been effected by a change in "CorePatch_ViewFix" or "CorePatch_Turrets".

There will most likely be hot fixes, however they will not revert back. One of the major fixes in this release was the damaging of JIP Clients when buildings were destroyed.

OK shaun how do you suggest we get this undone, because I think most of the devs that have done it read this, so why haven't they fixed the unintentional issue??? 

Can we get some hot fixes please devs? We need to be able to use armed helicopters........................................ in an army game...................................

I am not here to suggest things. I'm sure the devs are trying to fix it now. However, like everything, it takes time.

I'm seeing this spamming the .rpt in OA, but not in A2:

No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner
No owner

<ad centeniums>

No indicator of source.  Still opted into beta.

@opusfmspol

I'm not getting this issue on client RPT nor server RPT. Tried client with Beta, still nothing.

^ getting Opus' error when i spawn a unit in. No error if units exist on mission init.

Getting error: venom gun doesn't turn so can't use it

Comes up with code: #corepatchstupidchange157

Know how to fix??

/sarcasm

Peregrine1987, what about other sniper rifles: Mk17, M24, etc? Are them compatible with NVG?

Yes.  All US Sniper Systems are NVG compatible.  I have personal experience on the M40A3, M82A3, M107, M21 DMR, M39 EMR, and the M110 SASS.  Limited training and experience with the Mk 12 SPR as well, but didn't carry one.

Also, I asked some buddies of mine, and an Army Crew Chief posted the following answer for me regarding Defensive Fields of Fire for the door gunners on the UH60.

The UH 60 defensive fields of fire are as follows.

(From centerline, aiming directly perpendicular to heading)

The UH60 can fire 85 degrees Forward, 75 degrees Aft for a total of 160 degrees azimuth per gun. 

Elevation is +1.5 degrees and Depression is -70 Degrees per gun.

That is with either the M240D or the M134 mounted.

@opusfmspol

I'm not getting this issue on client RPT nor server RPT. Tried client with Beta, still nothing.

Seems to be multiplayer only.  Not happening in singleplayer.

I laid down a player and a few groups, made a couple playable, saved, launched mission.  Nothing being spawned in, just the mission.sqm units.  It spammed the .rpt in multiplayer.  Copied the mission to singleplayer and launched.  The .rpt was clear.  Re-ran both a couple times and the same.

-- Edit: Same again after verifying integrity of cache.  Found it occurs before the briefing map displays on launch.

note:

Linux dedicated server will be released later (2016)

ACR lite + ACR corepatch is still considered for later (2016)

Enjoy last 2015 holidays ;)

note: Legacy A2: OA branch is available

Does that mean we will have the game on linux?? :huh:

Thank you al for feedback guys!

Even if we don't answer at everyone we are reding this thread very carefully and discussing the changes to be made for the next update!

So, many of you agree on reverting the mini-gun's firing angles on the original one.

We are investigating on the "No Owner" RPT spam and on the super-speed of the bycicle.

Please, delete corepatch from update, he broke everything what i create with my addons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Noma, can you provide some more arguments on what CorePatch broke of your addon? So we can may help you

Goliath, how would you feel about making a github version of corepatch so as a community be more involved with it? Of course official version/branch would be controlled by the owner and all requests would be subject to testing/evaluation. I feel like this would be the best solution to relieve some of the pressure off you and offload some work onto other devs that could help make some module or function improvements.