Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

Does anybody else notice a problem with addweaponcargoglobal and addmagazinecargoglobal?

Have a Epoch server running and all boxes now dont get filled, but the items lay outside, beside the box.

I tested my script with diag_log to .rpt, but it showed no errors so far.

Thing came up, right after the update of arma2 came out.

Your issue is mod related. We have no problems on our server with that function and our server has no mods.

I agree that the nerfs to the miniguns on venom, blackhawk etc need to be reverted, it really breaks gameplay especially on servers where the most powerful air vehicles are helis like blackhawk and venom with disabled rockets..

I've only played a few minutes on overpoch sofar and one thing I noticed is that the HK 417 SD Acog has "Zeroing          189" displayed now.. It can't be changed with zeroing up/down however.. I realize that weapon is a custom overwatch gun, but the issue comes from changes in a parent class and just looks wierd, I mean 189? Maybe look into that..?

Also someone mentioned classnames were changed? For which classes? Doing something like that is going to break EVERYTHING, missions, mods etc that used those classes and is honestly retarted if its true.. Fix!

I also noticed particles aren't rendered anymore on the server by adding some !(isDedicated) checks, although that should honestly be hardcoded in the server executable itself, it's nice that stuff like that is sorted out in SOME way.. :)

I'm really hoping for a hotfix before this weekend is over..

It's nice to see that you're working on fixing things! Now just need to fix the fixes ;)

Only the following class names have been changed for weapons:

ksvk_small
     BAF_L110A1_Aim_small
     BAF_L7A2_GPMG_small
     m107_small
     m107_TWS_EP1_small
     M240_small
     m240_scoped_EP1_small
     M249_small
     M249_EP1_small
     M249_m145_EP1_small
     M249_TWS_EP1_small
     M60A4_EP1_small
     Mk_48_small
     Mk_48_DES_EP1_small
     PK_small
     Pecheneg_small

However, on our server, we have the ability to buy some of these weapons with in-game currency, from testing, this hasn't affected anything.

The Beta Patch never had half these problems. I run the Beta all the time for OA and I never had issues with the Optics for the G36 Variants nor the helicopters.

Really?  Wow.  I guess that is a good thing, as these changes must be new and will most likely be fixed.  I never noticed the issue in the betas, either, but it's something that I could have missed also. 

--

And the 40+kph mountain bike speed in the forest should be examined.... :rolleyes:

Looks like arma 3 here I come now the venom us utterly useless...

As with many of you, too many hours to admit playing on this game and now these changes happen after such a long time of the game being out. Why?? What is the logic behind these? Surely it's a waste of the dev's time to put these things in if it makes the game worse to play??

Just took a drive in my SUV and boy.. Bicycle does twice the speed in the forest now.. 40ish compared to the SUV at 15-20km/h.. This is getting more annoying the more changes I notice.. :( Make the game fun again kkthx, and leave the realism fixes to mods like ACE...

This aint the time to do massive game balance changes, stick to the bugfixes...

I agree... Stick to the bugfixes, we need those but not game changing mechanics people, come on...

• Like 1

Can confirm this too, but from what I know, anything related to the G36s are all broken. So the MG36 is broken too. [Holo is fine] Anything with a scope is broken whilst the alternate sight is fine.

I can't see any problem with the MG36...

Problems only with G36A/K and its already fixed.

• Like 1

Worst update to this game yet.

Thanks.

Armored SUV PMC is no longer 5000/20000/2.

OMG... Do you think that it's normal? For example, general SUV can transport max 10/50/2 weapons/magazines/backpacks.

Haha @Schatten

I can't see any problem with the MG36...

Tested. MG36 has no issues.

Hi guys,

Completely new here - I came just to see what the hell was going on with my fave game, and I see people are already saying what is on my mind.

Hello

I am a long time arma2 player with many more hours than I am willing to admit. These changes have really broken a few things. I mainly play the Overpoch mod so I can't speak about any other mods. 

- Full auto m14 aim: It might be more real but this is incredibly overpowered. It has got almost no recoil. Please revert this!!!

- Venom gunner angle: Pretty much every mod I have ever played has got hydras on the venom disabled. They are the yin where the blackhawk is the yang. Eventhough the blackhawk was slightly better, you have just made the venom completely useless. Again, might be more realistic but it breaks the gameplay!

- AS50 sound: There was no need to change this. You could easily distinguish the as50 sound from the lapua sound by listening to the reload sound after the shot. Now it sounds exactly like the m107.

- DMR scope: After all these years... Our trusty sniper that requires some skill to zero and can be used with NVG is now no more. No more NVGs, a scope and zeroing that doesn't feel right. 

These are the only changes that have come to my attention so far, other than those that have already been extensively mentioned before. I have to say good job on the other fixes though!

I think the phrasing in this post i a lot more eloquent that I would be able to write in my current state of mind.

What. the. actual. fuck. have. you. been. drinking?????? 

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that someone is actually still investing time to develop my favourite game. But:

Why the hell are you focusing on doing stuff like this, when the game is still bugged to shit?!?! Makes zero sense.

In the future:

Dont change guns/vehicles, people have accepted them as they are - you are referring to 3-4-5 years old "bug" reports as to why you have made these changes....

If this does not get reverted, then I guess A3 is the way to go :(

• Like 1

Yes mr dpopewpew! Someone speaks some sense

Can someone actually answer why the helicopters have had their view changed and guns have been completely edited that actually worked fine before? 

Adding realism is not a good enough reason as we have been playing without your so called realism for years and it still felt pretty realistic to me.

How about fixing the bug where your hand ends up through the barrel of your guns whilst holding the dmr???? Rather than adding zeroing to it.

Surely you can see that making changes like these is an utter waste of your time......... 

• Like 1

Yes mr dpopewpew! Someone speaks some sense

Can someone actually answer why the helicopters have had their view changed and guns have been completely edited that actually worked fine before? 

Adding realism is not a good enough reason as we have been playing without your so called realism for years and it still felt pretty realistic to me.

How about fixing the bug where your hand ends up through the barrel of your guns whilst holding the dmr???? Rather than adding zeroing to it.

Surely you can see that making changes like these is an utter waste of your time......... 

How about you start by changing your name and then developers may give you the time and respect to answer your question.

The changes to the venom was unintentional. It was only designed to remove the Manual Fire as that is not realistic. 

PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE PEOPLE WHO DEVELOP A2 NOW ARE MOSTLY NON OFFICIAL DEVELOPERS AND THE TEAM DEVELOPING A2 ARE NOT 100% DEDICATED TO IT. AS A RESULT, TESTING CAN BE DIFFICULT. 

GIVE DEVS A DAMN BREAK AND HELP THEM FIX THE PROBLEMS RATHER THAN GIVING THEM POINTLESS INFORMATION.

• Like 1

Hello.

I've played ArmA 2 and OA (with all DLC) since 2010 and I like the game, bar a few problems, though I play with no mods.

One thing I wanted to say, and in fact the reason I made this account on here at all, is in response to the changelog I just read.

It says M16A4 ACOG can no longer use NVG.

I must ask why that is?  As a USMC 0311 Infantry Rifleman from 2008 to 2012, and (Rifleman and Designated Marksman) I can assure you that we DO use the PVS 14 NOD with the M16A4, and we were able to shoot while aiming down the sights.  IRL The M21 DMR (too accurate and costly to maintain in squad marksmanship role, replaced with M39 EMR to reduce load on 2112 Master Armorers) and the M39 EMR both use an optic called the SMRN  (Sniper Medium Range Night Sight) which attaches in front of the M8541 SSDS (Scout Sniper Day Scope, 3-12x50mm variable power with 2nd Gen Mil Dot and 1st Focal Plane)  In an emergency, or when the SMRN is not available, the PVS 14 can be mounted behind the M8541 to provide NVG. 

I don't know how the Army does things for their Aimpoint, but the Marines and our RCO / ACOG are able to effectively fight at night using NOD, RCO, and Lasers.

Unrelated to that, is it possible for the game to tell the helicopters to HOVER, or LAND at a location?  IE you give them a MOVE order, they go there, but usually then fly off into the sunset.

I know it's a different game, but Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, had a useful command option.  When you told a Helicopter to move, the option by default was HOVER HERE, and the secondary was LAND HERE.  (I know ArmA and Flashpoint used to be the same, but are not now)  How hard would it be to add that into the game? 

It would be really nice to be able to sit in the back of the UH1 and be able to tell the pilot to LET ME OUT HERE.  (without having to unload AI or Eject from the bird)  OR to tell the crew to set down in an Assembly Area and STAY THERE so support can drive up and provide FARRP Duties without fear of the birds flying off or crashing.

BTW, thanks for working to keep the game alive, I enjoy being able to play it still. 

Last note, I never understood the obsession with zombies, nor the insane desire to make every game a zombie game.  (or make mods of every game a zombie game)  Some of us just like the game the way it was, without the zombies.  Thanks for working with both sides on this.

Have a nice day and a good weekend!

These are the new angles in the Venom. max forward and max backwards:

rTQBwAi.jpg

Please revert changes. And also manual fire - it is so hard using that anyone rarely uses it. This is coming from someone who spent hundreds of hours perfecting fighting with the Pook aka. Bell AH-13A

If there is not a dedicated team of devs nor official devs then don't work on the game??? What's wrong with leaving it as it is, there's been no update for a while and it works fine.

In order for the patches to be successful and be tested properly, there needs to be a dedicated team on a game as buggy as this, so why change things that cannot be properly tested??

Sorry if my name offends but it's true, you can't deny if you play the game that this patch/update has made game play worse... Although I will change it as I did make it whilst quite annoyed.

Appreciate all the time spent from people working on the game, but what I don't appreciate is fixing and editing stuff that doesn't even need to be looked at??

And if the venom thing was unintentional why does it happen on all armed helicopters??? Even those without manual fire? And if it was unintentional then why hasn't it been reverted back??

Peregrine1987, thanks for feedback!

corepatchispoo, mi-mi-mi...

Go on..?

I will change my name from corepatchispoo.

What is the reason for the heli changes then.... Because mr shatten over here stated it was for realism but shaun said it was unintentional?

Thanks.

OMG... Do you think that it's normal? For example, general SUV can transport max 10/50/2 weapons/magazines/backpacks.

My apologies. I was a tad frustrated last night.

Our server had that set to a very high price and it was very desirable for mission runs with its enormous capacity. A change I can live with.

The changes to the venom was unintentional. It was only designed to remove the Manual Fire as that is not realistic. 

Why is it not realistic? I have seen videos of gunships such as blackhawk and armed hueys where the side guns can be locked in a forward pointing position and weapon fire controls controlled by the pilot and/or co-pilot.

I vote that all the weapon and vehicle nerfs/fixes including manual fire and aiming angles, as well as offroad speed nerfs are reverted..

If it aint broke, dont fix it... Not this late in the game..

• Like 1

Corepatch devs, I love you, but lets be honest. Most of the arma 2 players now are DayZ players, and changing values and behaviors of weapons and vehicles is going to mess with their balance of the game. These updates contain many things that are simply unwanted in this late a development cycle.

The people (myself included) who care about fixed values, realism, and general more restricting behaviors are the players using ACE already, a great platform for overhauling the game.

I make constant edits to ACE for my circle of fellow A2 players, and distribution, while totally unofficial, is very possible. Why not work on an updated ACE platform instead? We can overhaul values, set entire configs, properly work off of inherited data, and not affect the DayZ crowd or general vanilla domination crowd. Getting the official go ahead to place updated versions on PwS and Armaholic would make it that much easier.

I could very easily see a successful collaboration on updating ACE. Kind of like an ace continuation project. All i can think we would need is 1) permission from the ace devs 2) the ace key signature for signing pbos, or even being able to send those pbos to the old ace devs for examination.

• Like 2

Corepatch devs, I love you, but lets be honest. Most of the arma 2 players now are DayZ players, and changing values and behaviors of weapons and vehicles is going to mess with their balance of the game. These updates contain many things that are simply unwanted in this late a development cycle.

The people (myself included) who care about fixed values, realism, and general more restricting behaviors are the players using ACE already, a great platform for overhauling the game.

I make constant edits to ACE for my circle of fellow A2 players, and distribution, while totally unofficial, is very possible. Why not work on an updated ACE platform instead? We can overhaul values, set entire configs, properly work off of inherited data, and not affect the DayZ crowd or general vanilla domination crowd. Getting the official go ahead to place updated versions on PwS and Armaholic would make it that much easier.

I could very easily see a successful collaboration on updating ACE. Kind of like an ace continuation project. All i can think we would need is 1) permission from the ace devs 2) the ace key signature for signing pbos, or even being able to send those pbos to the old ace devs for examination.

Exactly!! there is a place for these kind of updates

As for range of door guns on a venom: 

These gunners are able to lean out and forward-fire.

Aiming angles were replaced to more realistic values.

As for range of door guns on a venom: 

These gunners are able to lean out and forward-fire.

You were saying Schatten......

Game keeps on updating

I am not sure if a lot of updates have been posted to the server but each time I restart my computer the game downloads a full update of A2OA on Steam.

Is this normal or is it a new feature?

C-:

scottybo, cool video, but I didn't see that gunners shoots from MGs rotated longitudinal to helicopter.