rebelvg

Murshun Easy Way Out

Sorry to dig up this thread but this mod idea is brilliant. Only way out when surrounded by zombies with only 1 round left !

But unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. In MP, the commit suicide option is not available. It is in SP, but I won't die when the animation completes.

Any ideas or fix maybe ? Thanks !

9 hours ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

Sorry to dig up this thread but this mod idea is brilliant. Only way out when surrounded by zombies with only 1 round left !

But unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. In MP, the commit suicide option is not available. It is in SP, but I won't die when the animation completes.

Any ideas or fix maybe ? Thanks !

in file init.sqf you need to add this

murshun_easywayout_canSuicide = true;

1 hour ago, M1ke_SK said:

in file init.sqf you need to add this

murshun_easywayout_canSuicide = true;

Thanks, it's now working in MP. However, the suicide is not working, nothing happens at the end of the animation :/ maybe I'll try to look into the pbo file

1 hour ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

Thanks, it's now working in MP. However, the suicide is not working, nothing happens at the end of the animation :/ maybe I'll try to look into the pbo file

Press the left button.

32 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Press the left button.

Hahah thanks a lot, I didn't even think about that XD

Well, i really don't know if you're still gonna answer and help people using your old mods. But i really want to know how i make AI Units do it, since i can't find out how. There was this thing about codes like: "[_unit] spawn murshun_easywayout_fnc_suicide_AI;" But that doesn't really seem to work.

Where do i put the code, because the INIT thing under AI Units doesn't do anything either.

I really like playing as Zeus, and making AI go against AI, just for myself. No other players included.

An example is, if i want this informant to commit suicide before being taken and interrogated? And don't really like the rubbish END button death?  How do i put your mod to use here, because i can't find any way to do it.

I've tried putting a code in the INIT thing on AI, i've tried doing it with the unit having a pistol out too, but no result. I've tried doing both and used Remote Control to try and do it, but still no result. It doesn't pop up under Equipment. Doing it when just playing as myself (not controlling AI) works fine.

Has this problem to do with the Unofficial Upload on Steam that some guy posted, and gave you credit for?

@rebelvg
I'm trying to figure out why the Steam Workshop upload doesn't seem to be accessable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1457208234
cxrA1Xo.png

Not the usual error I get when someone takes their own mod off the workshop or it gets a DMCA takedown, so I'm guessing you didn't take it down yourself. Normally I'd assume it's just Valve being incompetent like usual, but it's been down all day which is unusual for a temporary error. Did Valve deem it a violation of the AUP or something?

On 11/6/2018 at 1:59 PM, emilmflarsen said:

Well, i really don't know if you're still gonna answer and help people using your old mods. But i really want to know how i make AI Units do it, since i can't find out how. There was this thing about codes like: "[_unit] spawn murshun_easywayout_fnc_suicide_AI;" But that doesn't really seem to work.

Where do i put the code, because the INIT thing under AI Units doesn't do anything either.

[_unit] spawn murshun_easywayout_fnc_suicide_AI;

Where '_unit' is the actual AI unit. So in the init box of an AI unit in Zeus you'd replace '_unit' with '_this'.

For future reference, in an init box '_this' is usually what you use to indicate the object that the init box belongs to. I believe if you mouse over the text header for the text box it'll tell you what '_this' and any other applicable variables would refer to.

'_unit' most of the time is just a filler used to tell you where to put the name of your unit, since it's not always going to be '_this' in every situation. For example if I wanted to make every unit on the map simultaneously suicide I could do something like this:

{
	[_x] spawn murshun_easywayout_fnc_suicide_AI;
}
forEach allUnits;

On 8/18/2019 at 6:28 AM, Drift_91 said:

@rebelvg
I'm trying to figure out why the Steam Workshop upload doesn't seem to be accessable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1457208234
cxrA1Xo.png

Not the usual error I get when someone takes their own mod off the workshop or it gets a DMCA takedown, so I'm guessing you didn't take it down yourself. Normally I'd assume it's just Valve being incompetent like usual, but it's been down all day which is unusual for a temporary error. Did Valve deem it a violation of the AUP or something?

[_unit] spawn murshun_easywayout_fnc_suicide_AI;

Where '_unit' is the actual AI unit. So in the init box of an AI unit in Zeus you'd replace '_unit' with '_this'.

For future reference, in an init box '_this' is usually what you use to indicate the object that the init box belongs to. I believe if you mouse over the text header for the text box it'll tell you what '_this' and any other applicable variables would refer to.

'_unit' most of the time is just a filler used to tell you where to put the name of your unit, since it's not always going to be '_this' in every situation. For example if I wanted to make every unit on the map simultaneously suicide I could do something like this:

{
	[_x] spawn murshun_easywayout_fnc_suicide_AI;
}
forEach allUnits;

Hello, sorry to respond to this old thread, but I really like the mod. I used the command in the init field of the AI and it worked, well.. kinda. The animation plays and the AI falls down, but the animation finishes and the AI is still alive and gets up. I use ACE and I also get an error. I've put a link to a screen shot of this error, would it be possible for you to tell me how to fix it? https://prntscr.com/1nkfr5a (Print screen of the error).

"cant seeem to get the mod working" is not enough info about your problem so yeah, it might be hard to help you.

Load your game with mod and ace, in your mission's init add murshun_easywayout_enable = true, equip a handgun, choose Suicide from ace menu, wait until anim makes you point the gun at your face and press your Shoot button -> done.