massi

Middle East Warfare

Excellent mod, as always. I do have one question tho, would there be any way for me to quickly erase or replace the overly large empty backpacks you've given all the units? that large rectangular soviet one. I've been having to manually delete each and every one ingame by switching to the unit. if there's anything I can do to streamline that process, say, manually delete the backpack itself from the game, or replace the filename used with a different model, is there any way you could do to possibly assist me, or guide me along? I'm clueless when it comes to scripting so i'm not entirely sure how to go about this at all. if anyone could put up a quick attachment/file/addon/fix to this issue you'd have my endless gratitude.

Hey Massi!

Great mod! Exactly what we were looking for :)

I'm not sure if you've heard anything about Tactical Battlefield mod (TacBF), the successor of A2: Project Reality, but we are looking for Taliban like units to be added to TacBF and I'm pretty sure there is nothing better than MEW :)

We currently use 7 mods end each additional mod might confuse players, so the most convenient and the least harmful way is to include the content into TacBF.

So the question is would you accept including some of your units into TacBF?

Cheers,

Clay

Massi, I think there might be an issue with the Middle East Takistani Insurgent HD units and their detection.

At night time, when they are in a search/combat pace, you can literally walk repeatedly into the units and they will not detect you.

I'll have to spend some more time with this in the day time to see how the detection is but I think something may have changed with the recent BIS update. I've been using this as an enemy faction for quite some time now and never have seen any behavior like this at all.

Also, I'm not using any AI mods either.

Hi thanks for reporting , but unfortunately I don't have any idea on what could cause it, in fact the units inherit their skills from BI units classes, the only things I changed is the Ai dispersion value, but on the weapons not the units, sorry.

Regards

massi

• Like 1

Hi thanks for reporting , but unfortunately I don't have any idea on what could cause it, in fact the units inherit their skills from BI units classes, the only things I changed is the Ai dispersion value, but on the weapons not the units, sorry.

Regards

massi

Thanks Massi!

Just to be sure I'll test this with vanilla CSAT w/o NVG's and I'll forward a report to BIS if I can duplicate it. If in the off chance it seems to be directly related to these units, which now seems doubtful due to how you configured the units, I'll let you know.

I appreciate the fast reply! :)

Hey Massi,

I love the pack, and its just what I was looking for in my missions. Is there any chance that either you, or someone you may know, has written an RHS weapon replacement config? 

Was just hoping to keep the addons folder light that's all lol

Anyways, keep up the amazing work. Take care!

Hi Folks,

Question - trying to setup the mods for a mission that stated it needs "Massi's Middle East Vehicles" - I noticed on Steam this package exists but I don't see it anywhere else... Does this package include all the vehicles in that package ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

So the standalone (not Workshop) versions of the mod have a folder called "OPTIONAL." Inside that would contain the PBO's for the vehicles. People would then choose whether or not to move those files to the main Addons folder.

Since Workshop functions a bit differently, Massi decided to release one version with the vehicles stuff in the Addons folder (the vehicles version. The one you want) and another version without the optional stuff in the Addons folder (the one you don't want).

Hah - thanks Hero - as you may have guessed it's your mission I'm trying to get ready to run... I think I have everything else - this should be the last file I need - hopefully I'll get some time to try it tonight...

I'm not a fan of Steam and try to keep its use to a minimum...

Appreciate the help...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey man, no problem. In my mission threads, it's more than encouraged for people to ask even basic mod/server setup questions. So even if it's not mission related, per say, all questions similar to this one can definitely be posted there if you'd prefer.

As a rule, I generally try to avoid Workshop. Except, now I'm beginning to change my tune seeing as my unit pretty much uses Workshop exclusively when it's available.

Me not doing so, I'm feeling, has lead to this nightmare: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192473-way-to-find-the-real-missing-addon/

I have all the mods and still can't play with them. :( So my advice, if you play with friends, use whatever versions your friends use.

Anyway, just grab either the vehicles version of Massi Middle East Warfare or make your own by downloading the standalone and copy/pasting all the optional files into the Addons folder. Either way *should* work. What I'm experiencing in the thread I just posted is a rare (but insanely frustrating) issue.