massi

Middle East Warfare

MEW_ico_zpsrkf7xo3s.jpg

MEW_HEAD1_zpsmiaq6rv1.gif

by massi

MIDDLE EAST WARFARE for ARMA3

Hi all,

I’m releasing  a new addon that adds fictional Middle East and Takistan factions on all sides plus NATO covert operation  operators with civilian and takistan clothes.

There’re also new  ported A2 uniforms, vest , headgears and backpacks, and for each faction I made an extra High dispersion faction with units equipped with high dispersion weapons to simulate longer firefights and low trained units.

All other info in the following changelog.

Description

This addon adds several units, vehicles, groups, headgear, equipment, uniforms, weapons, backpacks in order to represent several fictional Middle East and Takistan factions for each side as follow :

BLUFOR:

-NATO Covert Ops : undercover operators in both Takistan and ME civilian's clothes and special weapons and offroads

-Middle East Army :  woodland uniforms and FALs  and Soviet vehicles

-Takistan Fighters : Takistan freedom fighters with custom takistan clothes  and offroads

INDEPENDENT:

-Middle East Army :  flora camo and AKS74s  and Soviet vehicles

-Takistan Fighters : Takistan freedom fighters with custom takistan clothes  and offroads

-Middle East Fighters : Middle East freedom fighters with custom civillian clothes and shirts  and offroads

OPFOR:

-Takistan Army  :  Takistan Army  equipped with AKs and Soviet vehicles

-Takistan Insurgents : Insurgents fighters with custom takistan clothes  and offroads

-Middle East Insurgents: Insurgents fighters with custom civillian clothes and shirts  and offroads

-CSAT Army : CSAT troops in Iran DPM pattern, equipped with G3s and custom equipment

CIVILLIANS:

-Takistan Civilian : with custom takistan clothes

-Middle East Civilian : with custom civillian clothes and shirts

I used web sources for them.

NOTE: All those units come also in HIGH DISPERSION version to reproduce longer firefights and low trained forces.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with AKS74s, AKM, AKMS, G3, FAL, Sten, MGs, launchers from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets, headgear, uniforms, vests, equipment, backpacks.

- High Dispersion version of all factions: units are equipped with high dispersion weapons to improve firefight duration and give the feeling of low trained units

- Units have several uniforms in different camos for each sides.

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : T72,T55, T34, ZSU, BMP2, BMP1, Mi8, Mi24, BTR60, BRDM2, UAZs(Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2), Hilux armed pickups  (Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2) and unarmed, Urals, static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features available for all the factions (UN included).

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- There are weapon boxes for each side, that contains all weapons ammo and items, uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Compatible with all other mods and functions: Alive, ACE3, RHS, CUP, Zeus.

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties, you'll find in editor units and groups:

FACTION NAMES TO USE IN ALIVE:

Middle East Army (BLU)  :  mas_med_blu

Takistan Fighters (BLU): mas_med_blui

NATO Covert Ops (BLU): mas_med_cia

Middle East Army (INDEP) :  mas_med_ind

Takistan Fighters (INDEP): mas_med_indi

Middle East Fighters (INDEP): mas_med_indm

Takistan Army (OPF)  :  mas_med_opf

Takistan Insurgents (OPF): mas_med_opfi

Middle East Insurgents (OPF): mas_med_opfm

CSAT Army (OPF): mas_ira_opf

Takistan Civilian (CIV): mas_med_civ

Middle East Civilian (CIV): mas_med_cim

FACTION NAMES TO USE IN ALIVE HIGH DISPERSION VERSION:

Middle East Army (BLU)  :  mas_med_blu_hd

Takistan Fighters (BLU): mas_med_blui_hd

Middle East Army (INDEP) :  mas_med_ind_hd

Takistan Fighters (INDEP): mas_med_indi_hd

Middle East Fighters (INDEP): mas_med_indm_hd

Middle East Army (OPF)  :  mas_med_opf_hd

Takistan Insurgents (OPF): mas_med_opfi_hd

Middle East Insurgents (OPF): mas_med_opfm_hd

CSAT Army (OPF): mas_ira_opf_hd

YOU WILL FIND HIGH DISPERSION VERSION OF ALL ABOVE UNITS MARKED AS (HD).

If you don't want the HD version just remove the "mas_med_rebl_hd.pbo" file from addons folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack  Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack   Here (only if you're using vehicles optional config)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2  date 04/MAY/2016

- Improved uniforms, backpack and vest models

- Improved units loadout

- Added functionary and doctor units

Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6GnxXzbNVubWtRVkFNcXZZQ2M/view?usp=sharing   

STEAM Workshop standard:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577425764

STEAM Workshop vehicles version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578680126

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Rusty:  camouflage base textures

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Few pics:

th_mew_pic1_zpssquzcscc.jpg

th_mew_pic2_zpslaouhkpd.jpg

th_mew_pic3_zpstu1beyx0.jpg

th_mew_pic4_zpsju93zviy.jpg

th_mew_pic5_zpsw9mjdkwe.jpg

th_mew_pic6_zpsk7hatajd.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

• Like 8

Holy crap, Massi. You're a machine.

I can't thank you enough for all you do. I've had hours upon hours of endless joy in large part thanks to your hard work.

Merry Christmas man!

• Like 1

Awesome. All factions in one place :)

Are all your previous unit packs ready to be used with the new BI hitpoints and armour updates?

Are all your previous unit packs ready to be used with the new BI hitpoints and armour updates?

I'm pretty sure not only is he now fully updated, but giving us more and more.

Today is a great day. :)

yes they are ;)

yes they are ;)

Thought so, just checking :) Thanks again.

Thanks really appreciated ☺

Since i'm always short on time, if someone is willing to take some pictures of the units ingame that would be very wellcome ☺

Regards

Massi

I have a question regarding ALiVE :)

What size groups or cells will ALiVE see as a group? Currently other mods like leights are spawning in groups of 8 all the time which is not very good for insurgency missions. I'm hoping for groups of 2's, or 4's. Is the group size determined by the groups available to choose from in unit pack or does ALiVE just spawn what it wants?

I have a question regarding ALiVE :)

What size groups or cells will ALiVE see as a group? Currently other mods like leights are spawning in groups of 8 all the time which is not very good for insurgency missions. I'm hoping for groups of 2's, or 4's. Is the group size determined by the groups available to choose from in unit pack or does ALiVE just spawn what it wants?

I don't know how Alive works, but groups are made up from 2 to 10 people in this mod

regards

massi

massi tell me whats the point with creating fictional factions?

I personally like the fictional stuff, it adds a bit variety and versatility for custom stories, if you're into that type of thing haha. Not to mention a lot of the gear can be used to create real life armies in the Armoury anyway. 

Speaking of something someone already mentioned, will the Chernarus pack be updated too? 

massi tell me whats the point with creating fictional factions?

They are fictional yeah but they look like who we want them to be. This way no retarded media can roll in and spread crap like "Massi is a terrorist supporter" and then our favourite mods get deleted.

• Like 2

I don't know how Alive works, but groups are made up from 2 to 10 people in this mod

regards

massi

Thanks. Guess I'll just try it with ALiVE and see what results I get :)

Hey, Massi. 

I am running this with ALiVE and ACE, working on a mission.

I noticed a lil' something. While the mas_med_opfi (mid east opfor tak insurgents) units seem to work fine, the mas_med_opfm (mid east opf insurgents) units seem to throw up a script error stating: "Ace interaction couldn't compile for some units". And, says to try adding an additional pbo for cba. Haven't tried that yet, but this is the first time I've encountered such an issue, and it doesn't seem to be with all of the units in this pack, so I wanted to pass it along. 

I haven't tried any additional units yet, but will try to see which ones produce this error if you like.

Thanks, again. Units are looking great. Exactly what I've been waiting for :)

Hey, Massi. 

I am running this with ALiVE and ACE, working on a mission.

I noticed a lil' something. While the mas_med_opfi (mid east opfor tak insurgents) units seem to work fine, the mas_med_opfm (mid east opf insurgents) units seem to throw up a script error stating: "Ace interaction couldn't compile for some units". And, says to try adding an additional pbo for cba. Haven't tried that yet, but this is the first time I've encountered such an issue, and it doesn't seem to be with all of the units in this pack, so I wanted to pass it along. 

I haven't tried any additional units yet, but will try to see which ones produce this error if you like.

Thanks, again. Units are looking great. Exactly what I've been waiting for :)

Try this and report back. Here's a note that AuburnAlumni puts in all of his mission descriptions when CBA, ACE and ALiVE are all being used:

"CBA NOTE** Always remember to move enable_auto_XEH and its bisign from the optional file folder to the CBA addons folder. This is critical for enabling several ACE and ALiVE features. If you subscribe to CBA on steam, you'll need to do this each time you launch because Steam always resets optional folders back to the optional location when you restart the launcher."

• Like 1

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

Try this and report back. Here's a note that AuburnAlumni puts in all of his mission descriptions when CBA, ACE and ALiVE are all being used:

"CBA NOTE** Always remember to move enable_auto_XEH and its bisign from the optional file folder to the CBA addons folder. This is critical for enabling several ACE and ALiVE features. If you subscribe to CBA on steam, you'll need to do this each time you launch because Steam always resets optional folders back to the optional location when you restart the launcher."

EDIT: The other pleasant side effect was that ACE interaction now works on virtualizedcivs :) (I just assumed it didn't work b/c they were virtualized units).

Double EDIT: the "mas_med_cia" faction (NATO Covert Ops) doesn't seem to work as a mil placement. ALiVE debug throws an error about it and the units fail to spawn, unfortunately.

That's strange since NATO Covert Ops are configged exactly like other combat units

Regards

massi