zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST=- MP Survival Mission (Now With Base Building)

It is and has been running most of the time - Its just been down as I do updates

But to answer your question YES

Malden has been up for ages... Getting quite an arsenal! 

Regarding updates,  I've encountered a bug. I have 3AI with me and I tell them all to enter my vehicle. Unless I immediately move off one soldier will jump out (normally the passenger) after about 5 secs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kremator said:

Malden has been up for ages... Getting quite an arsenal! 

Regarding updates,  I've encountered a bug. I have 3AI with me and I tell them all to enter my vehicle. Unless I immediately move off one soldier will jump out (normally the passenger) after about 5 secs. 

I believe this is all sorted now.

I have also added some new AI behaviour as well

AI in your group can now take mags from dead units

AI on foot will now move away from moving vehicles when they are close

there is now some extra blood spray when a unit or player gets shot

added direct download links as well as steam links to the addons at mission start if you do not have them.

plus a bit of tuning the core code

• Like 1

I've been thinking about the LOST endgame (otherwise it would go on forever without a full purpose)

Surviving and collecting loot/weapons etc is a valid goal in itself however, if you notice around the airport in Malden I've collected a LOT of vehicles/helicopters.  Perhaps I'm just a hoarder!

What about some kind of community goal where you 'collect' (money for instance)' or 'dismantle' (working vehicles/helos) or 'people' (dismiss AI in your team) for "points" (some kind of progress bar).  The progress could be towards curing the island of the zombie infection/formation of a government.

When the bar is filled the mission restarts.  However on the restart you BEGIN with all the items on your person (and perhaps base items in dismantled form) you finished with last time.

This would turn the mission into a 'rogue-like' and attract more people to the server.

OR what about this? .... a grand timer on a dialog that counts down to world destruction.  Doing ^^ above slows the timer or perhaps reverses it.  Unless people work together the mission will end (Armageddon).

OR you must actively hunt the zombies!  Sometimes I hear a massive firefight and tend to avoid it (lots of bad guys!)  As zombies can only die from headshots, normal AI are rubbish at shooting heads unless by accident.  What if you HAD to go into that dangerous area to kill the zombies or the zombie dialog on screen kept increasing - PERHAPS even closing off areas of the map.  So there was a certain amount of time to cleanse a village/town or the population of zombies increases x10 or x100 !! 

Just some ideas....  you know I'm an ideas guy that can't code for shit :)

• Like 1

Did something change on the Server? I still have my AI but all my stuff is gone?

I don't think so.  I have all my stuff and AI.  Although I didn't really get a chance to fully check the auto-get-out bug as my AI died pretty quickly trying to take down an objective.  It SEEMED fixed anyway :)

I've noticed enemy AI moving around, but their feet aren't moving.  Something must be up with the server - I've noticed this over the past few days.

Well as it turned out I didn't spawn where I left, I was in a Parachute, so I escaped and re-Joined, I was somewhere on the Island without anything I had the day before.  Today the AI got stuck, I exited and re-Joined and again it did the same thing, my AI were there but I was having to make my way back to where I was.

SERVER appears to be locked up!

I have reset the mission (Sorry Guys) and and running verify signatures

I have never seen this errors in lost before so just for now don't run extra mods

Server has been restarted

No mods ????   Nooooooooo .... just kidding.

Will join again tonight after work and see if things have improved. 

Can't attach to Server, says your Steam iBuild is not signed.

2 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

Can't attach to Server, says your Steam iBuild is not signed.

An unfortunate side effect of requiring signatures :(

It is at ZK's end I'm afraid.  I'm running my server (although prolly won't be 24hrs a day - but only during UK evenings)

Issue resolved with the log on guys  (requiring signatures off) but please keep other mods to a minimum while testing

I have been getting a lot of different results (issues) since last update, things like the sound volume in added sounds changed and removeallweapons issue

so i'm working my way through them.

I believe its almost there

Thanks for your feedback

Well not sure if you just changed the way the game plays or not but.

1. this must have been a reset, starting over

2. Every time I re-join I lose all my personal stuff on me and have last damage (half dead)

UPDATE: After re-joining the 3rd and 4th time I did end up in same place.

I joined the server last night (now on Tanoa) so it started me anew.  I didn't get very far before getting drilled again, so can confirm if saving works.

Hey guys a bit more info please

Kremator is this the first time on Tanoa this week ? - what mods are you running

Vengence yes we started again on Tanoa as a clean start. the data base does not say that you stayed on the ground for the required 20 seconds to create you a database again what mods are you running

No mods running and it was the first time on.  I didn't stay long enough to get anything, so it will appear as I have nothing.

Server isn't happy ... I can see the server but when I click on it, it just gives the large tanoa screen.

I didn't have any issues on Tanoa yesterday.  I don't see the server today

I got back in when it changed to Malden.  Have been in since then.

• Like 1

You should be able to see my server.  I'm running latest Malden from ZK.  I cannot see his server though.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, kremator said:

I've noticed enemy AI moving around, but their feet aren't moving.  Something must be up with the server - I've noticed this over the past few days.

Further update on this.  I've removed 3 addons and this seems to be fixed.  No Idle animations mod, DisableFriendlyFire mod and A3CopyMyStance mod.  Not quite sure which one it is ... still digging.  These mods interestingly are ONLY client side, but were causing visible glitches on server AI.

Since removing them (I'm playing on my dedi with your latest Malden) I see AI moving properly again!  Thanks for bearing with me.

Any idea how to keep map comments alive when restarting a server ?  Things like positions of helicopters / armed vehicles that you can't get to immediately and mark on the map.  However, on restart these marks disappear.

I've moved my server behind a VPN now, but it should still be visible.

Hey guys,

I'm running the Tanoa version of this on a LAN server. Everything is working except one thing....I don't have a plot license and I cannot find a way to spawn one. It doesn't show up anywhere in the virtual arsenal. Any ideas?