zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST=- MP Survival Mission (Now With Base Building)

Vengeance and I have had a great time on the server (although if you call salvaging, repairing then losing TWO attack choppers great then .....)  We ended up trying to rescue a tipped over strider (stupid AI drivers !) in my huron.  Inching closer, with vengeance and our 2 AI in the back, he says 'careful of the rock'.  'Sure, I'll be fine' seconds later the main rotor shreds and we go down in a massive fireball.  Just glad for defibrilators !

• Like 1

had a play this arvo and couple of observations:

Ambience and AI walking around were really good, I spawned in a port area in Tassie and collected heaps of stuff, heard AI chatting and climbing on things, was quite immersive, had 2 AI shooting at me. 

1) The spawn locations need to be fixed, several times I spawned in the deserts, nothing kills the fun like needing to walk 500K

2) AI are way to strong, I parachuted into a camp area and had 2 AI attacking me with Auto's, all i had was a nice Tshirt

had a play this arvo and couple of observations:

Ambience and AI walking around were really good, I spawned in a port area in Tassie and collected heaps of stuff, heard AI chatting and climbing on things, was quite immersive, had 2 AI shooting at me. 

1) The spawn locations need to be fixed, several times I spawned in the deserts, nothing kills the fun like needing to walk 500K

2) AI are way to strong, I parachuted into a camp area and had 2 AI attacking me with Auto's, all i had was a nice Tshirt

This is Australia sometimes you get a sweet deal but more than often you dont :)   

There is a F-#$ it button (respawn)  and start again , depends on how hard core you are are

Keep in mind this is not a novice mission. (we are here to help) 

This is not a kill all you can mission (all tho we are watching :))

This is not a given all you need mission (what we have noticed is the hardest thing to find is what you need)

This is a (Shit, bugger me, oh god, where did that come from, wtf, How do i Survive this, Why Me, Bastards got me again, Rocks! what Rocks) kinda mission

The more you play the better you get (when you can survive a whole day your getting good)

work as a team to achieve your goals (Rambo's suck) 

AI are set to as stupid as i can make them 

over all Loving Australia and will be hosting it for the near future

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zonekiller said:

Keep in mind this is not a novice mission. (we are here to help) 

This is not a kill all you can mission (all tho we are watching :))

This is not a given all you need mission (what we have noticed is the hardest thing to find is what you need)

This is a (Shit, bugger me, oh god, where did that come from, wtf, How do i Survive this, Why Me, Bastards got me again) kinda mission

The more you play the better you get (when you can survive a whole day your getting good)

work as a team to achieve your goals (Rambo's suck)

I'm really glad that the mission is hard.  Sometimes it is downright BRUTAL.  When you are outgunned you have to run or hide.  However, it is great fun and I'm sure any of us that play will be able to help you (with a pickup, or a weapon) if you ask.

Just be careful in my chopper..... I have a tendency to crash it into rocks !

• Like 1

Vengeance "watch-out for the rocks"

Kremator "no problem"

Kremator "opps" flaming ball of fire

Kremator "well about time I call it a night"

LOL I rescued your vehicle it is at camp.

• Like 2

LOL nice one mate !

in hindsight, I should have moved further away, and deployed the ropes from a distance :)

• Like 1

How do you Re-Arm the Vehicle Flares?  I can Re-Arm weapons but do not get the "Reload" in Pilot position?

How do you Re-Arm the Vehicle Flares?  I can Re-Arm weapons but do not get the "Reload" in Pilot position?

I will have to look into that one

Thanks ZK on the Flares.

Also Kremator's Workbench disappeared?  Does it do that after a certain time?

7 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

Thanks ZK on the Flares.

Also Kremator's Workbench disappeared?  Does it do that after a certain time?

It should not disappear I'm looking into that

edit 

I checked the logs and there is no record of it - Did Kremator pack up his base ?

Possible to make a standalone for easy to use, or a "how to tutorial" of the harvest and building stuff for other missions ? It is really nice.^^

wheres the server gone? i needed my daily fix

go to the workbench 

hit tab when the build menu comes up hit escape

hold shift and look at what you want to delete

an action appears use that to delete what your looking at including foundations

when you have deleted everything you can the use the action to pack up your work bench

if you hit  ctrl+tab  there are basic instructions there too

Vengeance and I kept getting the 3FPS bug.  Just before I was forced to reboot, my Arma3.exe was over 3.5gb in memory ! 

I also had problems connecting following a death (stuck at the black LOST screen).  When we were doing missions the enemies would continue to pop into the zone almost continuously (but 1 at a time) as if the server was struggling.  Several missions completed as we were heading to them as well.

I've now lost my lovely Kaiman :(

PS would it be possible to CHANGE the user action key, as I've found that action 1 and action 2 are used very frequently (*for instance tab is used for targetting :( )

I will reboot the server and going back to Altis to check if the bug is in Australia or LOST

PS would it be possible to CHANGE the user action key, as I've found that action 1 and action 2 are used very frequently (*for instance tab is used for targetting :( )

You can set your action keys to what ever you want TAB & Q are just the recommended but you can use anything

ZK, thanks for the Delete info, not sure if this is normal but when i deleted my "Foundations" and removed my Workbench so i could build bigger (start over) I lost much of my "Nails" and "Wood"?  Like 75% of them.

Vengeance

Thanks ZK.  A server reboot would be interesting - do you run ASM by any chance?  That can show some really interesting serverside stats (FPS, CPS, players, units, objects, memory usage etc)

Changing the user action AWAY from 1 and 2 would be useful - that is what I'm saying.  1 and 2 are used for a huge number of things (there are 20 user actions keys but people STILL use 1 and 2 - BONKERS!)