zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST=- MP Survival Mission (Now With Base Building)

You guys are going to LOVE the new building additions that ZK has put on !  Really takes LOST to the next level.

• Like 1

On further gameplay ZK (which I'm loving the building now BTW !) there does need to be a higher drop rate of plot licences.    Done a heap of scavenging but none are present.  Perhaps a low chance (with more guaranteed on completion of mission) ?

Keep up the good work !

Hi Kremator

The plot licences are in the missions - but I will see about adding them to scavenging as well.

Hi to all

I will have a V14 update out this week :)

• Like 2

Thanks ZK.  Knowing how long it can take to build a base it would be good to have a few licences scattered around the map.

57 minutes ago, zonekiller said:

The plot licences are in the missions - but I will see about adding them to scavenging as well. 

I appreciate they are a reward for completed missions but once the player hits terra firma his first instinct should be to find a licence to set up a base, which is a mission within itself.

Be nice to see the odd Bandit concealing a plot licence too......

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

I appreciate they are a reward for completed missions but once the player hits terra firma his first instinct should be to find a licence to set up a base, which is a mission within itself.

Be nice to see the odd Bandit concealing a plot licence too......

Been thinking about this ... I've now spent a good 3 hours with the LOST BUILD version and I still only have 4 foundations and 1 wall built !  It is indeed a mission itself.

Now here is an idea.  You die, without a defib.  Instead of beginning somewhere random, you spawn at your marked base without any of your carried items.  That would take a 'little' of the pain away of dying at least.

1 hour ago, kremator said:

Been thinking about this ... I've now spent a good 3 hours with the LOST BUILD version and I still only have 4 foundations and 1 wall built !  It is indeed a mission itself.

Now here is an idea.  You die, without a defib.  Instead of beginning somewhere random, you spawn at your marked base without any of your carried items.  That would take a 'little' of the pain away of dying at least.

OK I will add them in the scavenge list

and with your idea Kremator - You will still chute in but over one of your bases (if you have more than one base - randomly) or you can set a default base -  I may be able to get that to work But

getting back to your Base is a mission too - so I will give it some thought

Thoughts People - Keep in mind this is not meant to be a simple mission 

• Like 1

I think adding them to the scavenge list, but making them super rare would be good. How about re-spawning by chuting in within a couple of kilometers of a designated base? That way if you're familiar enough with the map you could land pretty close. On another point, would it be possible to make bandits attack bases every now and again? That might help stop things getting too easy. Possibly gradually increasing the forces they attack with, the longer the base has been around?  

^^ having forces attack your base is not a great idea, due to the difficulty of the mission as it is.  With my base (at the airport) I'm already finding a LOT of traffic and a lot of forces coming my way!  If we WERE going to have attacks I'd like the ability to deploy static MGs so that my AI can use them (again adds to the difficulty, as we'd have to craft them!)

I think having plot licences spawn at the rate of defibs would be about right.

Since this build update, I've found myself playing LOST more and more .... good job ZK !

-=LOST=-

Now With Base Building

Well guys - I've added  to the scavenge list as well as missions and tweaked more stuff

-=LOST BUILD=- V13 The Mission

Required Addons Links

INIDBI2 -v2.05     Database   (Needed for Server Only)
ZKs_Items    Food, Drink and Good Stuff  (Needed for Client,Server and HC)

iBuild Addon The Building Addon (Needed for Client,Server)

Remember -  you need to assign action keys 1 and 2 on your controls options  I find Tab and Q work well

Hold down your Tab Key to Build (10 to 20 seconds)

I also have redone a lot of the iBuild addon it now save as higher than 3 floors high- ive had 8 floors and saved well,

made a compression script in the addon to convert the long building object names to 3 or 4 letters so now you can send many more

objects to iniDbi2 database.

added more models -Ramp, Floors and a pillar roof

added a delete building object to action menu

added a Transfer Building Items to the Work bench action so you don't have to do it 1 at a time

made it so you can drop scrap metal into your watch and it will make random amount of nails - (need to be near the workbench)

made it so you can chop down trees with an axe to get random amounts of wood to build with.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, zonekiller said:

added more models -Ramp, Floors and a pillar roof

added a delete building object to action menu

added a Transfer Building Items to the Work bench action so you don't have to do it 1 at a time

Some superb changes that will make our base-building lives much better!  Thanks ZK!

• Like 1

Kremator   I think I killed your base in the upgrade - so i will have to reimburse you some building supplies 

23 minutes ago, zonekiller said:

Kremator   I think I killed your base in the upgrade - so i will have to reimburse you some building supplies 

LOL don't worry mate.  All part of the testing fun.

• Like 1

This is  great Zonekiller, working really well so far! One quick question, is there a way to share a workbench with others? I'm co-oping with a friend and we'd rather not split resources between 2 bases. Thanks for everything you've done :)

Perhaps IF you have someone on 'Add Friend' basis they could share your workbench ?  Perhaps that could work for vehicles too?  Just an idea.

Just tried to rescue the journalist on my own ... didn't go too well.  Did get 10 of the bastards before I was downed.  Had 3 defibs BUT they stormed my position and kept killing me over and over - perhaps a grace period (where you are invisible) when you spawn in ?

Had 3 defibs BUT they stormed my position and kept killing me over and over - perhaps a grace period (where you are invisible) when you spawn in ? --  maybe while you have a black screen

This is  great Zonekiller, working really well so far! One quick question, is there a way to share a workbench with others?-- I will be working on that

Perhaps that could work for vehicles too? - Will work on that

Hi Kremator - Go make a coffee as they will clear out in a few minutes -unless you have another player in the area - then ask them to help.

I think my problem was that it was the mission and therefore there were a LOT of peeps to deal with.  Of course it is my fault for trying to be Rambo ...... top tip guys ... you are NOT Rambo!

Now I just need to find my lovely chopper and get back to the airport for my 2 armed quilins :)

• Like 1

Guys do you run the server with TADST? cusss I don't know how to handle the server mods only on TADST :(

Yes I run TADST.  As long as you have pointed to your server executable then you should be able to pick up the mods/missions.  Works perfectly for me, but best place for extra guidance is in the TADST thread.  Just double click the mods or click the tick to activate them.

Played this for about 5 hours last night and it's a huge step forward imho. Really impressed by some of the little touches, like being able to transfer all building material in one click, something you can even get your AI followers to do! Great to hear you are working on the permissions etc Zonekiller, and sorry to start asking for changes/tweaks straight away!

Kremator, you weren't wrong man, no need for specific base attacks! It was like the Michael Caine film "Zulu" at times last night :D

Darkfurby1, from memory on the Mods page on TADST there is a + button which you can use to add mods to the list, when you click it you simply need to browse to where the mod is installed (I found this really useful for adding Steam Workshop mods) - Might help if I've understood your issue correctly ;)

• Like 1

Hey guys working on different textures for wall and floors ect , now i finally worked out object builder

@darkfurby1  for server sided mods only

in extra paramerers add  -world="empty" -netlog -nosplash -nosound -noland -nofilepatching "-serverMod=C:\Users\PC Name\Documents\Arma 3\@inidbi2"

If your addons are in your documents\arma 3 folder

"-serverMod=C:\Users\PC Name\Documents\Arma 3\@inidbi2"

If your addons are in your in steam    arma 3    folder

"-serverMod=@inidbi2"

• Like 4

Now only if I wasn't working LATE tonight I'd be checking this out.  Really glad to see that other materials/textures able to be used for the buildings!

Keep up the good work ZK !

Logged onto your server late last night ZK.  Wondered where the hell all my stuff went then realised it was a completely different island !

Do we have to update our iBuild to include all the new items/textures?