cookies2432

Exporting objects

Hi!  :)

I'm having some issues with terrain builder, if someone could be so kind to help me  :D

How can i export my objects that i've placed? i export the wrp but it doesn't show the objects when i load up the map in arma 3.

My buldozer keeps crashing for some reason. This is the error message: https://gyazo.com/ffc945e6d0c9d14d815c8ebd0bac9178

How do i add clutter to my map? Everytime i try to it says something about there being a fault in my clutter settnings and that it's taking to much time.

Thankfull for any help.  :)

For starters lets go to the beginning. Could you summarize what you have done to set up your mod tools?

Have you followed any tutorials on how to set up you P: drive and map project folder and so on?

The error you see I've seen many ask in the forum and I've understood its because P: drive isnt set up properly. You might want to check the other threads for that.

Clutter problem could and usually means something is wrong with your map config.cpp and that you cant add trees could also mean that your P: drive is not set up correctly.

• Like 1

just to add error you are getting in BD is a a known bug atm   https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186327-tetrahedronp3d-what-is-it/

Best bet is to post up your files  layers.cfg, config.cpp , cfgSurfaces.hpp, cfgClutter.hpp   ( if you have all them that is )  that way someone will be able to give you a little more help :)

My buldozer works now tho when i open it all of my objects look like this:  https://gyazo.com/379b0d89426dcbcaa10f81329f062c21

And i also have this weird bug: https://gyazo.com/2803cf4649356150e75de260c4a7b4f6

Btw i'm using terrainprocessor to add vegetation but i don't have a shapefile, how would i go on about making one?

Btw i'm using terrainprocessor to add vegetation but i don't have a shapefile, how would i go on about making one?

Use add polygon in Terrain Builder and draw where you want a forest etc, then export it as a shapefile. Then import that in TP, it will make a .lbt file that you drag back into terrain builder.

It crashed when I tried to import it, might have been the ammount of objects. I think it was around 870 000 objects.  :mellow:

It crashed when I tried to import it, might have been the ammount of objects. I think it was around 870 000 objects.  :mellow:

Should be ok, I'm importing 1.9 million right now...

You got the objects in your template libraries?

The picture with white objects might be related to this as it could be the import couldnt for example find some objects you wanted to import. Which leads to me thinking P: drive set up problem or paths to the objects or their names were incorrect and as it cant seem to find the textures for all the objects.

Could be the object count too though but I have imported even 2 million objects on one go. But to eliminate it as a cause you should try to generate only a few objects or copy paste 2-3 first objects from the big list into a new file and try to import that.

the white trees are showing because the object cannot find its textures, simple rule for P drive

P:\A3 <---- Arma 3 object folders

P:\CA <----Arma 2 object folders

p:\ <--------Third party addons

• Like 1

I think it works, tho i still have this question about clutter. How can i add grass that sticks up from the ground all over the map or within a polygon?

I don't know how i did this but... I fixed the problem with the trees and other objects, they now have textures!!!

Just one more slight issue, the terrain decided to get a christmas spirit and become white like snow :unsure: : https://gyazo.com/62f8546aaba1d369ebbcdd6147e9ed4d

You have you sat & mask the right size for the map frame? Do you have them set at Easting - 200000, Northing - 0?

Yea i might have to but this has actually changed my mind on how i want my map to be, i think i want to have it snow. How would i go on about getting snow textures? Sorry i'm a complete newbie at this i just wanna learn and have fun meanwhile  :)

Yea i might have to but this has actually changed my mind on how i want my map to be, i think i want to have it snow. How would i go on about getting snow textures? Sorry i'm a complete newbie at this i just wanna learn and have fun meanwhile  :)

Well your going to have to make a whole new snow sat map for a start, then your gonna have to get some snow textures. Then convert them to .paa and use something like CrazyBump to make the normals textures etc.

I have tried that but my buldozer crashes for some reason... I changed the path in my layers.cfg and i did add a custom .rvmat and also added the textures in .paa file, both the "picture" texture and the "normals" texture.