rekkless

Well done Bi, well done. I've fallen in love with Vanilla all over again.

So having pretty much most of our modset broken with Nexus update over the last few days we have largely played Vanilla Arma.

Only addons being ACE3, Task Force Radio and a few client side mods.

The weapon balancing, the sounds, the features, the units, everything has really fallen into place.

Everyone is complaining about the sway but to me I've found it a really intense (and a little frustrating) additional challenge.

I'm not sure about most squads and groups but we have certainly become accustomed to using mods and modern day weapons. But the last few days being forced to head back to vanilla and has really opened our eyes to just how far ahead (IMO) the vanilla weaponry and even units are to even the highest quality modern day mods. And in all honesty has reignited our love and respect for the standard game. Be it Zeus mission or End game, the standard largely unmodded game is a very enjoyable experience that I had all but forgotten.

So what is my point? well in a sea of complaints, in a forums of people bitching and carrying online like crazy people I just wanted to say "well done."

• Like 19

I often play vanilla before & after (ok not so much after) the nexus update.  Your quite right Arma 3 is a very cool game, so hats off to all those at BI for many many hours of fun BUT I still dislike the sway lol (a bit excessive when moving from cover to cover to shoot (no fun waiting a few minutes to recover from a 50m jog) but I could live with it if toned down a bit.  Absolutely hate sway when weapon is rested/deployed).

Even when I take into account the above Arma is still my go to game :)  Big TY BI :D

I care so much I get emotional. Because this is the only game and has been the only game since 2001 for me. So yes BI remember that we all love you even when it looks like we are not. You are the dealer of my drug and I get grumpy if I don't get my hit or if you change the drug too much in one go. Armaholic is the word.

• Like 3

Ditto. I'm with the group that criticize "because we care about you, and we love you"  :) . Wouldn't bother otherwise. I also switch back and forth from vanilla to modded very often, without problems, and wish for the mods to get so technically good as the original content.

There's still so much needed to complete the BDSMGOAT but overall it's been a damn good year.

*Raises a glass to BI

To clarify:

Bis content = Bis created content.

User content =  User developed content.

Modset = Set of mod with user content.

I suggest that you blame the right people...but this user generated conten is free and probably the devs of this think you dont have a strong position to argue.

Funny thing is that this is true for me too. My community also had to revert to vanilla for a big event and there were almost no complaining (except for the mandatory CSAT = Aliens ). I was a bit skeptic to begin with myself, but after the first rounds was fired, it was as playing with any other mod. The good thing is that we had no script or pbo etc. errors to my knowledge. Vanilla A3 might not be for the realism freaks but if you can get over the initial turn off, the gameplay might even be more fluid that with mods. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with you jone_kone.I came to a false conclusion a few days back because of my bad connection.But now i see it clearly that the Nexus was a great step forward for the game.The new fatigue system is more realistic this way.Every little thing you take has it's drwbacks,you can't go rambo style with a LMG and Rocket Launcher.People have to choose their equipment wisely and teamwork actualy works.Now about the sway it's also an extra challenge like you said exccept the binoculars sway. :huh:

I still don't understand why SMGs kick more than LMGs but since SMGs are close quarter weapons it's no big of a deal,you mostly fire them from the hip.

Congrats to all the hard working people of B.I. and if sometimes we bit@ing is because we love them and the game and we want to make it better. :)