rsoftokz

[SP] ROADZ for RAVAGE

current version V.0.0.4Z release 14/12/2015

83J4RT.jpg

FN9WKk.jpg

Introduction:

ROADZ is the "Zombie" version of ROADS, the survival mission inspired by the RAVAGE Showcase.

After the White Plage Pandemia and the World Wat that followed, Altis is a ravaged and hostile land

covered by bandits of differents sidesn renegades and survivors.

On the very early hours of this cold morning of december 2041, you were trying to rally a survivors camp with a friend of yours when your truck was ambushed on the small ROADS of Altis.
The truck is on fire, both of you left dead in the picht black night.....

dead ????? ... maybe not so dead.....

what is ROADZ

ROADZ is survival oriented, single player, semi randomized and open to the whole world of Altis.
Made exclusively for RAVAGE mod, ROADZ, as its previous version "ROADS", is made to be mod friendly with listed recommanded mods below.

You'll be able to enjoy all of the RAVAGE functionalities and some exclusive functions brought to RAVAGE by ROADZ.

RAVAGE offers:

- post-apocalytic world and atmosphere

- infected humans

- bandits squads

- renegades

- survivors (may join you on demand)

- abandonned vehicles you'll need to repair and refuel is you find the required items to.

- radiations zones

- survival system to survive (need to eat, drink, heal yourself )

- Loot system to find what you'll need (or not...)

- animals hunting to survive (WIP still Arma 3 updates broke AI animals functionality )

ROADZ offers:

- 1x time factor (defaut RAVAGE is x4 )

- Random gear, uniform and weapons on spawn (exclusive for ROADZ, not available for ROADS)

- Random spawn points (14 aeras to spawn on the whole Island)

- camps, bases and seized towns by Bandits where you can find assets if you're not killed.

- Survivors customized QuadBikes (random spawn) with condition depending on RAVAGE vehicles module.

- SFX atmosphere : dust storm that reduce visibility

- SFX NVG: altered NVGs (if you find some) as Radiations damaged NVGs tubes, cannot aim any standard rifle scope with NVG (but you might find NVG Rifle scope if lucky enough)

- enlarged gear, uniforms, weapons and accessory list for several friendly mods (see list below): wil spawn all AIs with customized gears, uniforms, accessories  and weapons

- specific ROADZ loot system in addition of RAVAGE's one  for extra weapons, uniforms and items in Trashpiles and crates : searching into a aera once, maybe twice till it is empty and no more searchable 

- reaming function for your armed car (if you seize one) from another armed car

DOWNLOAD LINKS

ltKc4O.png

GOOGLE DRIVE  V.0.0.4Z

RfNcSU.png

ARMAHOLIC  V.0.0.4Z

REQUIRED MOD:

RAVAGE by  HALEKS  (require CBA_A3)

recommanded mods

the gameplay can/will be highly upgraded with a few mods I recommand.

none of those mods is required, there is no dependency to any of them.
you might choose the ones you want for your favorite weaponry.

not required but can't do without for a real good experience:

Enhanced Movement improved movements to climb, jump... but also enhanced NVG SFX to improve the specific effect made for the mission (damaged night vision )
Incognito by RYDYGIER (winner of MANW contest with PILGRIMAGE) will allow you to stay incognito in some specific occasion... and maybe to be stealth enough for some actions
MOCAP hand to hand close combat, takedown.....will help with Incognito to be close enough to bandits and to kill them with bare hands when you have holstered your gun of left it behind you.
TRYK's Uniforms custom uniforms to improve the atmosphere of RAVAGE

recommanded.

Nato-Russians SF Weapons by Massi

USSOCOM-75th Rangers-DEVGRU by Massi

UK Special Forces by Massi

Italian SOF by Massi

Russian GRU OMON Spetsnaz by Massi

Flay Archery by Mr Flay

RH Pistol pack by Robert Hammer

RH Accessories by Robert Hammer
M4 Super 90 benelli Shotgun by Purple

Spanish Army mod FFAA  by FFAA Team
GPNVG-18 mod by Teeha and Warlord554

B&T MP-9/ MP-45 by Alwarren and GvsE

RHARD_MK18 by Robert Hammer and ArdVarkdb

see also RAVAGE's Thread "recommanded mods section" about TRYK's Uniforms, HLC mod Pack, WarfareThai mod

since ARMA 3 1.54 update deeply modified Arma 3 system, it is highly recommanded to search for the latest update for all mods

known issues:

- a few issues due to RAVAGE WIP, most of them are fixed with RAVAGE updates.

- since ARMA 3 1.54 update:

- some weapons dissapears once bandits killed   -- MP-5 weapon from Massi or FFAA

- weapons wobble and slide away from bodies or float upon body   -- HLC and FFAA

- missing weapons on some spawned AIs 
- FPS drop in some case due to large amount of objects added on the map and/or atmosphere and weather conditions. might require some tweaking on game settings.
- music will not play on mission Start .

- save  unavailable after intro: need to restart mission.

ROADZ is directly linked to ROADS and will follow all of ROADS upgrades.

Enjoy  :) 

• Like 3

Your Google Drive link:

You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission. Mehr erfahren

you're welcome

let me know about anything  that can be upgraded, added... etc....

any idea is welcome.

I played for about an hour, and it looks good overall. Rearming for cars and searching in garbage works well too. Is there a limit of ammo load? 
Sporadic problems  with Enhanced Movement occur sometimes: Ð°nimation is interrupted and the character eventually painful falls .

Civil loot is to rich: lots of weapons.

there is no limit for now for ammo load from cars.

Yes there are many problems since 1.54  <_<

EM is one of those great mods that suffered from the update.

what is "civil" loot ??? can you explain more please ? from Ravage loot or from trash loot ?

I guess I have some tweaking to do yet, on the loot system (limitation of search and aeras still need some work )..... I played  several hours ROADS V.0.0.4 ( same than ROADZ less zombies ) and I have some things I have to modify for next update.

there is no limit for now for ammo load from cars.

Yes there are many problems since 1.54  <_<

EM is one of those great mods that suffered from the update.

what is "civil" loot ??? can you explain more please ? from Ravage loot or from trash loot ?

I guess I have some tweaking to do yet, on the loot system (limitation of search and aeras still need some work )..... I played  several hours ROADS V.0.0.4 ( same than ROADZ less zombies ) and I have some things I have to modify for next update.

Ravege loot from ordinary houses. Trash loot is OK.

Hi, I'm having an issue with this mod and "Roads" as well. Whenever I try to play this mod it says that it has a broken link to a static object and asks me to open and save the mission in the editor. Not sure how to do that. In game, Enemy AI responds well by shooting at me and all but there are some AI that just stand in one place and don't do anything (usually a group of such AI) I'm guessing these are the zombies, but they aren't moving at all. I shot at them but they didn't drop dead or anything. No response... just standing there.

I'm stumped as to what I have to do now, really love this mod but as of now I can't really play it. This is happening in Ravage mod also. Some AI shoot at me but there will be some AI just standing there. 

Hope you can help. I really wan't to play the mods. I've downloaded all three but can't really play.

Thanks in advance.

Hello

for the mission to start well you absolutly need to have Arma 3 1.54 installed (latest Hotfix) and CBA_A3 latest update and RAVAGE V 0.134 and ROADZ v.0.0.4 .

then you won't have such message.

about the AI standing to do nothing, it is one guy that always stand near the fire place of the camp. this is how camps are generated by RAVAGE

sometimes you have 3 or 4 guys patroling around, sometimes they are all stucked around the fire place.

Zombies are easy to recognize... they are Zombies! none o theim will stay close to a fireplace.

AIs are AIs.... sometimes they act with sense but most of time they are like... AIs....they don't return fire nor act like humans in the real life.....
there are many mods to increase AIS, choose the one you like ( there are many posts on RAVAGE thread where guys recommanded mods for AIS behavior) 

if you play ROADthere will not be a single zombie on the map (so don't look for one)

if you play ROADZ, zombies are all over the map in towns, village and any place with a few houses or/and buildings

Hey there,

I am following ravage and your missions since the first post. Is there any chance of a MP mission of your work? Would be a blast!

Rsoftokz, ty for this!!, was using Ravage and reading those 80+ pages, found you by mistake and you did a nice work with those "extra" scripts... i like.. a lot! :D

I want to know if there is any way to change "Bandits", "Renegades" and "Survivors" spawns to normal units? not random generated ones? Want to spawn those "survivors (BluFor) and bandits (Opfor)" to simulate a small and permanent conflict zone, via scripts (ASSP) with no luck :(

maybe i'll just move to ROADS and manually add zombies that have class names, like the ones of Zombies and Demons, but dont know if with that mod i can "populate a whole map" like the Ravage Module do...

Ty for your time! and keep up the good work mate

Hello Guys

sorry for late reply, a quite busy those last days.

@Ralfingerlp 

RAVAGE doesn't support MP for now, it is on future plans for Haleks but it will not be for now or very next updates.

I played a "Test MP" mission with my son. it might work for most of things but it is full or errors or bugs as the mod is made for SP, not for MP and lot of functions are "local" not "global".....

see this post on RAVAGE Thread, that might help you to build your own COOP/MP mission with RAVAGE 

@mith86arg

thank you for your comment  :)

to spawn units in a particulars places, you'll need to create a trigger on this place, activated by Blufor presence (player) to spawn the units you want..

RAVAGE bandits, renegades and survivors are not " units" like Blufor, Csat or AAF unit in Arma.

those are vanillia characters modified by scripting.

so if you want:

-Blufor units in a place , put any unit from Bluefor side with editor and add the line below in its init line: you'll have a survivor Blue Side

-Opfor units in a place , put any unit from OPfor side with editor and add the line below in its init line: you'll have a bandit/renegade RED side

-Ind (AAF) units in a place , put any unit from Indep side with editor and add the line below in its init line: you'll have a bandit/renagade Green side

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; 

the RAVAGE function "equip" call Ravage functions " Addgear" ( to modify uniforms and gears randomly) , "AddWeapon" (to modify weaponery randomly), "AddLoot" (to add loot items randomly to character) as you can see here on Haleks RAVAGE sqf script:

/*
	Created exclusively for Ravage Mod.
	Please request permission to use/alter/distribute from Haleks at BIS forums.

Author: Haleks

Description:
	Adds complete random equipment to a unit.

Parameter(s):
		0: STRING - unit

Returns:
	BOOL
*/
if (isNil "rvg_gearlist") then {
	call compile preprocessFile "\ravage\code\scripts\system\gear_list.sqf";
};
_unit = _this select 0;
removeAllWeapons _unit;
removeAllItems _unit;
removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
removeUniform _unit;
removeVest _unit;
removeBackpack _unit;
removeHeadgear _unit;
removeGoggles _unit;
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
[_unit] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;
true

if you don't want the loot function, then add those lines to the init of each character by editor:

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_AddGear; 0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_AddWeapon;

the script add automatically ammunitions for the spawned weapon in unit vest and/or uniform

of course, you have to modify the vanillia unit with removing all attached items and uniforms it haves by adding this in the init by editor too:

removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeAllAssignedItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

ROADZ already have RAVAGE zombies.

if you want to add zombies from other mods, I guess the best way is to make triggers to spawn those Zeds witbn an init line code.

hope this helps.

Hello guys

ROADS mission is updated to V.0.0.5P 

P is for "Ported" as now mission is not only made for ALTIS but also available for all CHERNARUS maps (CUP terrains Pack and Chernarus Winter A3 maps)

enjoy.

(PS, first page of ROADS thread has been updated with new links and informations)

due to "missing locations" error on Chernarus maps with CUP_Terrains pack (V.1.0.1) , ROADZ cannot be updated for now (Zombies will not spawn). I have to wait for CUP guys to fix the matter.
sorry  :(
  <_< 

Hi rsoftokz,

I started my first ROADZ campaign on Altis yesterday and so far things are going well.

No major bugs to report and I'm finding that the new loot system makes keeping myself fed much more manageable without it feeling like I've got stockpile going.

Two questions:

1. I'm finding that 3 out of every 4 bandits I run into don't have any weapons. Is this intentional or do I need to look at my mod list for a possible conflict?
  2. The amount of zombies on the map are a little lower than I'd like. I feel like I run into roaming unarmed raiders more than I run into zombies. Again, is this intentional and is there any way to tweak?

Altogether great spin-off from Ravage vanilla and definitely adds to the experience in a positive way!

• Like 1

I like the mod and i want to play it and i install Ravage mod but i dont know how to install ROADZ. Please help.

I like the mod and i want to play it and i install Ravage mod but i dont know how to install ROADZ. Please help.

Download the RoadZ pbo from the provided link......

Go to your main Arma 3 folder, put the RoadZ pbo inside your "missions" folder......

The mission will then show up under Scenarios in game.....

Don't forget to install CBA_A3 which is a requirement for Ravage. 

:)

• Like 2

Hi rsoftokz,

I started my first ROADZ campaign on Altis yesterday and so far things are going well.

No major bugs to report and I'm finding that the new loot system makes keeping myself fed much more manageable without it feeling like I've got stockpile going.

Two questions:

1. I'm finding that 3 out of every 4 bandits I run into don't have any weapons. Is this intentional or do I need to look at my mod list for a possible conflict?
  2. The amount of zombies on the map are a little lower than I'd like. I feel like I run into roaming unarmed raiders more than I run into zombies. Again, is this intentional and is there any way to tweak?

Altogether great spin-off from Ravage vanilla and definitely adds to the experience in a positive way!

Hello

the gear of bandits, renagades and survivors is just random and depends on additionnal mods you have (see the recommanded mod list)

it appears some guys won't be armed, as it would be in the real life, no one is meant to easily find weapons.

I tried to do my best to keep ROADS/ROADS  without any dependency to mods (except of course RAVAGE and CBA_A3) but those guys without guns might be the price to pay.

I'll try to check the files when I'll have more time to give again to ROADS/ROADZ (that might be soon due to the latest RAVAGE Update and MP compatibility added with this update ) and see if there is an another way to script the gear distribution.

the amount of zombies is  a setting of RAVAGE, you'll have to decompile the ROADZ.name_of_the _map.pbo with PBO manager and open the mission in the Arma 3 Editor.

then double click on the RAVAGE module that is normaly in the upper left corner of the map and change the setting about the number of spawned zombies.

you might need to go on the RAVAGE thread and wiki to see how to do this in detail.

thank you for your comments and support

Thank you Evil Organ for your kind  reply and help ;)

Crashes everytime I try and play it.

Thank you for a great work, that is almost ideal iteration of what I am looking for in survival RPG games. If only looting wouldn't be so tiresome, you literally need to check every corner to survive and those corners are pretty much all the same :)

Would be nice to have rarer loot but with something like exclamation marks in Pilgrimage to make it visible.

But anyway you (and haleks) did a fantastic job.

I was asking about the number of unarmed raiders but now I see it addressed in a previous post here. I'll see about tweaking the pbo. Thank you!

Edited by ferahgo
found my answer