croguy

Croguy's Uniforms - Historical armies, obscure factions, a real variety pack

CGYU

Nxp6DW.png

- Croguy's Uniforms -

Ever felt like Arma needed more accurate uniforms of obscure countries, made with more effort and quality? Then my uniforms pack is just for you!

THE MOD

The whole idea behind this pack is to provide the Arma community with some more unique, high-quality character textures suited for not only the current point in time of the Armaverse, but the world as a whole! More notably, that of the Cold War. There's been a lot of factions, nations, and uniforms made throughout that period -- and I'm looking to bring as many of them as I can to the table.

The periods I'm aiming at are just about anything: From World War 2, to 2035, I'm sure there's plenty of patterns, designs, and uniforms that should definitely be in the game.

THE UNITS

The primary drive behind the mod's foundation is creation of cold war-era faction-specific uniforms and equipment sets. Of course, that's further down the line, and what I got now is enough that I think it should be shared with the general public! They're mostly just reskins of the CSAT Officer with a bit of a twist added in to make them more appropriate, but I'm striving towards increasing the quality as much as possible for an entry modder of my type.

Here is the current list of uniforms finished:

BLUFOR

Croatia - Croatian M81 Woodland

MORE TO COME!

INDFOR

COMING SOON!

OPFOR

Albania - Albanian TTsMKK

Bulgaria - Bulgarian Splinter

Czechoslovakia - Rain-Scale Pattern

East Germany - Rain Pattern

Hungary - Hungarian Woodland

Poland - Worm Pattern

Romania - Romanian MKK

North Vietnam - Olive Drab

Yugoslavia - Oak Pattern

MORE TO COME!

WISHING YOU HAD A UNIFORM?

Feel free to suggest uniforms! I'm always looking for suggestions and ideas. And, if you have proper materials, patterns, photos et al, I'd be extremely thankful if you provided some! It makes the reskins easier to make.

As for other modders interested in collaborating, raw model material would always be nice! I'm looking for a greater array of models to use, and getting raw materials makes things much easier in the long run.

DOWNLOAD

news_download_a3_3.png

Mega.co link

CREDITS AND GRATITUDE FOR

Bohemia Interactive for the model and base textures.

Camopedia for some historical data and base camo texture patterns.

Saul's Uniform Templates for the PSD resources.

Facepunch Camouflage Thread for base camo texture patterns.

FPArma, Broma, and Friends for personal advice on designing the uniforms!

Stay tuned for more content!

HT7IKD.png

• Like 5

File requires a key?

Oh! I could swear I picked the keyless link.

Will fix it in a minute.

EDIT: Done and done.

Ahhh, East Germany, how long I have waited for them :D Thanks! I'm excited to see what else is added, or gear/equipment additions.

And that's a good thing to be excited about! I already have some fairly long term plans in regards to creating equipment and how it pans out. It will depend on whenever I'll use BI or third party content, of course, but thankfully I have already established some things in regards to that.

Stay tuned! More things will come soon. The primary focus will remain on reskins for the time being, though. BLUFOR and INDFOR-centric groups need some love. Integration of outfits into editor units is going to come around after that, too.

• Like 1

This pack would be 10+ if it included a few of the most used east-european cold war-era helmets and vests. That would be a lot more work, of course. Maybe contact some other modders who've done models for stuff before?

Looking great nevertheless, thanks for all the input and work!

This pack would be 10+ if it included a few of the most used east-european cold war-era helmets and vests. That would be a lot more work, of course. Maybe contact some other modders who've done models for stuff before?

Looking great nevertheless, thanks for all the input and work!

Older eastern tier gear should be fairly simple to put in once I get around to it! But in its current state, combining the mod with CUP or any other pack which offers proper, A3 compatible Eastern gear is a decent half-solution to the problem. I do intend to get original modeling content in there eventually, though; There's only so much you can do with some of the immediately accessible assets.

• Like 1

Older eastern tier gear should be fairly simple to put in once I get around to it! But in its current state, combining the mod with CUP or any other pack which offers proper, A3 compatible Eastern gear is a decent half-solution to the problem. I do intend to get original modeling content in there eventually, though; There's only so much you can do with some of the immediately accessible assets.

Awesome. Our community doesn't use CUP as we see it's still in a state of heavy W.I.P, and RHS doesn't add any of the older vests or helmets as of yet. I'll wait for updates to this mod eagerly!

Maybe you could help me out with my Balkania project? ;)

You're working on it? I'm interested! (talk to me through messages)

Awesome. Our community doesn't use CUP as we see it's still in a state of heavy W.I.P, and RHS doesn't add any of the older vests or helmets as of yet. I'll wait for updates to this mod eagerly!

If you're interested in other equipment additions, I know Killochs MNP has the old Arma 2 Soviet steel helmet, among others, which generally seems to fit most Eastern bloc nations. In terms of vests, then Tryk Multi-play uniforms have some older chestrigs that look very nice with these uniforms. Much smaller packs than CUP for adding to a load order I'd imagine.

@croguy, I'm assuming it's more than certain it's in the future of your pack, but have you considered the simple grey/OD West German uniforms (Or French, I think they had similar uniforms back then) for BLUFOR? :D

Looking great. I really like diversity and you seem to be able to deliver it through a good sense of quality.

Thank you.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey croguy , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Please make a West German uniform from Cold War. Something pre-fleck tarn.

How do I find the uniforms in this mod? After installing it I searched all the factions but there's no new units. I put @CGYU folder into Steam/Steamapps/common/Arma3 and it's activated and visible in Expansions. Never had such problem with other mods.

How do I find the uniforms in this mod? After installing it I searched all the factions but there's no new units. I put @CGYU folder into Steam/Steamapps/common/Arma3 and it's activated and visible in Expansions. Never had such problem with other mods.

You'll find them in the Virtual Arsenal.  ;)

Maybe you could make RHS mod a requirement and then also re-texture some of their stuff, they imo offer the most consistent high quality stuff as far as uniforms and weapons go, and GREF has alot of stuff like Khaki Russian vests that are perfect for soviet soldiers ( and for instance something like east german i presume), but their Russian vests are only really compatible (without ugly clipping) with their own Russian uniforms.

i hope the opposite, there needs to be alternatives to rhs for those of us who don't like their models.