sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v3.0 - ALPHA Released !!!

cannot wait to see the infamus sniper trees and jungle traps implemented.

Careful what you wish for!  :D 

some more battle pics

photo op with a dead charlie

battle1_zpsfyykjbum.jpg

destroying NVA supply trucks

burn_zps8v2lnxzd.jpg

photo op with a pile of dead nathaniel victor

pile_zpsxihwdkna.jpg

Hi guys, loved unsung on Arma 2, have never had so much fun not being able to see 10 feet in front of me! Downloaded this yesterday and played a few hours with my mates. We threw on ace, hueypack and blastcore and zeused up some SND and defense missions and had a blast. The map is great, can't wait to see some more, it's damn good to be back in the jungle. Can't wait to see how this develops. Screens below and currently rendering some footage.

Oh and if you guys are still looking for modders, I'd suggest contacting some arma milsim groups, such as Shacktac, 16AA and VOLCBAT as these guys have some pretty talented in house modders. They're usually fairly meh about sharing their own content but I'm sure they might be able to help with porting and stuff.

Keep up the good work.

747D234981C43AFC114CE5EA256A83BA18D37433BB5C61588AFDAA59071A2516805DFB133BAC9895C43B5F5679EF1A0F150FD8F26798664F04CB1B7AA669A21ABE6F477C6D80D77A07DE58A298BEB10E

• Like 1

some pics from tonights game on the EW official unsung alpha server:

ville5_zpsu3qquuvz.jpg

ville4_zpsuapb1fig.jpg

ville3_zpsquajtdc9.jpg

ville_zpswp73ccx5.jpg

ville2_zps7jz6zpqu.jpg

• Like 1

When i turn this mod on, my game crashes with error: Bad version 68 in p3d file "uns_headgear/accessories/uns_scarf_red.p3d... how do i fix this?

***Needed Public Relations Staff!!***

I'm looking for someone to assist me in Public relations sector of our mod. This will involve creating new ways to promote the mod, reach new audiences and get our name outside just the Arma community. We are not a monetizing mod so if you thinking of $$$ please move along.

You will have a good sound knowledge of:

Youtube

Facebook

Steam (including workshop)

Other social medias

Personal requirements:

Able Work within a team

Able Keep Confidentially with a host of affiliates and associates

Build relationships and network with gaming clans not just in the arma community but similar milsim genres

Sounds like a job interview!?!  hey I'm not paying ya!! :D

All we can offer is to become a member of a great and upcoming mod that is focused in making the most authentic,claustrophobic, intense & atmospheric Vietnam modification ever made in a game.

So if your interested please PM me

Sav

When i turn this mod on, my game crashes with error: Bad version 68 in p3d file "uns_headgear/accessories/uns_scarf_red.p3d... how do i fix this?

No one else is getting this error.  "bad version" errors are usually only seen when compiling things.  Can you provide more information to your config?  e.g. any other mods running (you aren't running other mods are you?), OS version you're working on (Is this a MAC platform, a real Windows system etc). so we can figure this out.  Because no one else can reproduce this error.

Team Unsung and friends doing the whole effin village man

2_zpszxa3wtj7.jpg

moody A3 weather - very cool

3_zpsm5b7dyfn.jpg

overwatch in the tower - weapon resting makes this so much better than A2

1_zps5ixp3rwt.jpg

lovers of Razorbacks map say "aye!"

• Like 5

Man, sure wish I had made it into one of those screenshots. That was epic gameplay yesterday. Had fantastic fun. The map and mod are great, the team is great and willing to listen.

I think if I like Razorback's map I am supposed to say something.

oh yeah,

AYE! AYE! ..... from this Marine.   Aye Aye Sir!!

always good to game with a brother marine. welcome aboard !

Is anyone else having trouble with the UNSUNG mod and the 3d editor?  I find I cannot save missions using the 3d editor in dev branch because the game immediately crashes to desktop.

It isn't a problem.  I am still able to export 3d editor content to the 2d editor using the MCC Sandbox mod, but I am curious whether other people are having the same difficulty or if there is something wrong with my install.  I want to be proactive because there is a disclaimer that the 2d editor is going to be removed once the 3d editor is complete.

not tried that myself, not even seen the 3d editor

however a lot of the older stuff in alpha is buggy or barely ported from its A2 versions (as it was binned content) so it may well be our mod causing that.  we are aware of these issues in some of the models.  we always play with -nologs on to improve performance, as some of the kit spams the rpt.otherwise.  maybe in FOXTROT release we'll get around to unbinning then and doing HD re-skins!

9th Cavalry Regiment, Pictures from our deployment

107410_screenshots_2016-01-05_00006.jpg

Hueys Moving in:

107410_screenshots_2016-01-09_00003.jpg

More Media:

Operation Urgent Fury https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP1u69CH_84

Helicopter Deployment Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iAWH5thRmg

Helicopter Deployment Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWvPH_WDJk

Loving your mods guys hope to see updates soon. Love the uniforms!!

• Like 1

Hey guys, just checking in.  Was in the server on Saturday with some of my guys, was very good fun.  Just thought i'd come and show my face in here, although i am always lurking figured i may as well chuck a quick post up.

Was very nice to meet you all and always nice to meet other Nam lovers.

Eggbeast, unfortunately i was leaving just as you showed up, but as mentioned i'm still very much up for helping in whatever capacity i can.  Had a wee family drama yesterday, so i'm gonna be a bit tied up this week, but i would very much like to have a chat with you.  Are you around end of the week/ weekend at all?

Anyway, good fun on Saturday and i'll hopefully get another crack at nathaniel victor with you guys soon.

welcome in sd/bob

yeah sorry we missed each other. i am about generally all week and the weekend.  i mod in the week and play at weekends.

add me on steam and we can hook up (GITSeggbeast)

our EW game server is building up into a quite a nice local pub.  all mature blokes, lots of ex-services, good humour and fun. 

a lot of other clans go after bignumbers for their missions etc, and that's up to them, but we have a pretty relaxed open-house vibe for older (more sensible? lol) players to drop in and have a game and a beer, hang with the devs and catch up on mod news etc.

once Bravo release is out, it will be a vital place to be to find out how it al lworks, as we don't fully document all the potential in the mod.  Potential mission designers are very welcome to pop in for a chat if theyre exploring the content/ developing ideas etc. 

NO SQUEAKERS please, as you may get abducted by |EW|Bill70.

Ive not downloaded this mod yet,  Loved it in ARMA2,  guess my question is do you all have the D-20 artillery piece yet ?   Ive searched everywhere for a full list of vehicles and addons but have either missed it or it is not listed yet , thanks in advance you guys rock

Like we keep saying the alpha release is very limited in scope.