sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v3.0 - ALPHA Released !!!

This looks great! Does anyone know if the factions work with ALIVE? I can't see a faction list of class names anywhere

Ok let me stop this before it starts again.....

Let me make this perfectly clear once and for all... The team has stated many times in past posts that the unsung will NOT be specially configured to work with other mods.. The team is hard pressed currently making all our A2 content work correctly in A3. We simply do not have the time or resources to make it compatible with every other mod out there. So if it works with other mods good... if not too bad. Simple as that .

Our main focus is on making the mod work as a standalone full modification for arma 3 only!!  This in itself is a massive feat.... ask anyone that is involved in a FULL modification team like ours.

I'm directing this to the community as a Whole not anyone directly. Please.... don't ask again it only antagonizes the team.

This has been put to bed... Thank you

Sav

• Like 1

The team is hard pressed currently making all our A2 content work correctly in A3. We simply do not have the time or resources to make it compatible with every other mod out there.

You, sir, have a penchant for understatement

I understand that and fully support that. I guess really what i'm asking is, when this reaches beta and there's time for less critical things, i'd like to see cigarette smoking.

Also, out of curiosity, how many people on the mod team have been around on the mod since opfor?

Hi guys

I did some more experimenting on the old UNSUNG terrains. I was able to load this time IA Drang Valley and DakTo as well. I used Cup Terrains this time which is the main project worked on. Cao Bang is the only map which has a small flaw there's a bush or a tree which is causing heavy flickering. Cup terrain fixed also the ponds on Mondkalb's MBG Nam terrain.  I did some testing with AI navigating roads apart from the known flaw with bridges the AI is capable of navigating the terrains without too much hassle. Bridges are critical the AI sometimes will pass sometimes they get stuck. Can't say anything about bullet penetration and other technicalities for the time being. I got in touch with TeTeT and forwarded the pbo list I used.

congrats to all the work you guys are doing. As a long time fan of the UNSUNG I wish you guys all the best and good luck in this huge endeavor in bringing UNSUNG to ArmA 3.

cheers

• Like 1

Really pleased with this mod, can't wait until its finished and starts going up on MP servers. Love the variety of gear and the high overall quality of the mod. I'm curious, I haven't seen it listed anywhere but what other weapons do you guys have planned? I am hoping to see the old WW2-era Garands, BARs and M1 Carbines that were given out to the CDIGs. Its sort of pushing it a bit but, any plans for oddball stuff like left over French or even Japanese weapons or some of the communist imports like the Czech VZ-58?

Really pleased with this mod, can't wait until its finished and starts going up on MP servers. Love the variety of gear and the high overall quality of the mod. I'm curious, I haven't seen it listed anywhere but what other weapons do you guys have planned? I am hoping to see the old WW2-era Garands, BARs and M1 Carbines that were given out to the CDIGs. Its sort of pushing it a bit but, any plans for oddball stuff like left over French or even Japanese weapons or some of the communist imports like the Czech VZ-58?

Well you better prepare yourself to be patient. The ArmA 2 UNSUNG Mod was huge in content and it will take a long time to port over all the assets let the guys work on what they already have. This is a huge undertaking for sure. As a total modification it will take a long time to get it done I really don't know how much time it took the team to get UNSUNG for ArmA 2 to it's current status but I believe it took quite some years and I think it's an understatement for sure. Patience my friend . . . patience.

@ warcriminal

VTE was the main Vietnam MOD back in OFP if I'm not wrong. The UNSUNG changed that from Armed Assault on. maybe some of the old team members like Savage can enlighten you.

cheers

Regarding the weapons question, take a look at the classlist for a2 i linked in the thread somewhere, or its on our website in the a2 section - linked in my signature.

We had the m3a1, the m1 and m2 carbine, tommy, bar, m1919, mg42, mas36, mas4956, mat49, sten, mosin, etc etc

Old?!!!  I'm not.......... oh yeah I am.. :mellow:

Well if you want to know about the mod and where it came from ... have a look here

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/The_Unsung_MOD

(Page is under construction ) ;)

ehrm I wasn't referring in old as age. I was referring to you as an old timer to the franchise what you surely are. Hahaha. Thanks for sharing the Wiki it was a good read. I remember Warrior X campaign for OFP. Jesus you guys have come a long way. Good to see the main core members still being part of it and good to see new members filling the ranks. BTW I hope you guys don't mind me tinkering around with your Arma 2 terrains a bit. I was just curious  because I love the terrains so much. I have fond memories and still play them in ArmA 2.

You guys rock.

• Like 1

god m1 and m2carbine !... i miss this gun, its so relevant for this period, especially for paramilitar.

I already found a bunch of servers running this but they're all pw protected.

Any chance us pubbies get a chance to play this? Could someone please setup a server or remove the pw from an existing one?

Thanks.

VTE was the main Vietnam MOD back in OFP if I'm not wrong. The UNSUNG changed that from Armed Assault on. 

My friends and I played Seb Nam 2, La Drang valley. Since AA it was Unsung.

Hi guys

I did some more experimenting on the old UNSUNG terrains. I was able to load this time IA Drang Valley and DakTo as well. I used Cup Terrains this time which is the main project worked on. Cao Bang is the only map which has a small flaw there's a bush or a tree which is causing heavy flickering. Cup terrain fixed also the ponds on Mondkalb's MBG Nam terrain.  I did some testing with AI navigating roads apart from the known flaw with bridges the AI is capable of navigating the terrains without too much hassle. Bridges are critical the AI sometimes will pass sometimes they get stuck. Can't say anything about bullet penetration and other technicalities for the time being. I got in touch with TeTeT and forwarded the pbo list I used.

Excellent news.

My friends and I played Seb Nam 2, La Drang valley. Since AA it was Unsung.

Yeah It seems ages ago. the Sebnam pack was the first OFP mod I have run at that time . . . before that I always played vanilla. LOL I still remember how excited I was. I was switching back and forth between OFP and Vietcong. Back to SebNam because I was missing the liberty and freedom OFP offered. Vietcong was a nice game but OFP was just simply the better game especially the Nam version was special to me.

I understand that and fully support that. I guess really what i'm asking is, when this reaches beta and there's time for less critical things, i'd like to see cigarette smoking.

Also, out of curiosity, how many people on the mod team have been around on the mod since opfor?

There is no reason to assume that mershun cig mod wouldn`t work, it is mostly animation related and would likely not interfere with game behaviour. I`m guessing that the cig mod does not modify game play and its components so feel free to add the mod to your own sessions. There is no need for it to be integrated into the Unsung mod directly.

You guys are forgetting one pivotal part of the unsung history .. made my Hawkins himself ... JUNGLE FEVER!!! .... ;)

UH1a.jpg

• Like 3

There is no reason to assume that mershun cig mod wouldn`t work, it is mostly animation related and would likely not interfere with game behaviour. I`m guessing that the cig mod does not modify game play and its components so feel free to add the mod to your own sessions. There is no need for it to be integrated into the Unsung mod directly.

If you want to use murshun cigs you need ace3 and EWK cigs mods.

If you want to run ace3 with current unsung u need to remove all medical pbos from ace as hit detections does not work on current unsung uniforms.

As a workaround for now currently as I can't play without ace3 I use aircav units and uniform (meh quality) and use unsung vests, helmets and accessories etc to keep them looking good.

New mod v3.0-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey sgt_savage , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

If you want to use murshun cigs you need ace3 and EWK cigs mods.

If you want to run ace3 with current unsung u need to remove all medical pbos from ace as hit detections does not work on current unsung uniforms.

As a workaround for now currently as I can't play without ace3 I use aircav units and uniform (meh quality) and use unsung vests, helmets and accessories etc to keep them looking good.

I like AirCav's NVA uniforms, the early war khaki with red star on collar and boonie hats with the star. It would be good supplement with UNSUNG Alpha. Funny, I can't play without CUP Weapons and they use their own (with permission) subset of CUP Weapons which causes a conflict when run together with the regular CUP stuff (can't reload saves).

Nettrucker inspired me to have a look at the A2 Unsung maps with CUP Terrains. They do look pretty good. I just ran around and explored, no real test. One thing for sure, most of the maps have a conflict of some sort or have something missing because reloading saved games fails on most of the maps. My favorite map, SEA is one of the ones that failed.

I for one will wait until the Unsung Team release more maps specifically for A3 (either as new content like DaKrong, or updated A2 versions). In the long run I know it will save me a lot of headaches. DaKrong has a lot of variety and replay ability, I see it occupying my time for a while yet.

I actually just tried these terrains since I have quite a lot of unfinished missions most of them 80 % done for  UNSUNG 2.6. In case the terrains can be ported to ArmA 3 I can release the missions also for ArmA 3 rather than only ArmA 2. That was my main curiosity in a first place. I have to check on the saveGame bug. I actually experienced it also on the Mogadishu map. The auto save game is corrupt on the terrain, because on other terrains it works without problems. I still haven't done any serious testing. I personally believe that it's possible to use these terrains with some work. Naturally it's up to the UNSUNG team they know their priorities but it's definitely encouraging. BTW how  did you load the terrains did you use the whole UNSUNG 2.6 mod or only certain pbo's?

Happy new year.

I only used the PBOs for the maps.

The SEA map also has seaobj pbo, I have no idea how that will conflict with things?