sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v3.0 - ALPHA Released !!!

Hi Unsung team, i play nothing for days as the Unsungmod and the mod is in the current status really good but i've noticed that the most of the gun sounds and reloading sounds is from vanilla Arma3 source (not really realistc ;)), and no close sounds in houses etc...will the soundcreator planing in future own weaponsounds and soundstructures for the unsung mod ?

Greetz

we have a huge backlog of work including porting or replacing weapons sounds.

the alpha is just a taster.

don't fret about what we will or won't be putting in the mod

take a look through the classnames and Evo mission guide from the 2.6 mod and you'll realise how much bigger the pack is that what you have now.

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/docs/unsung_classnames.xlsx

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/docs/Unsung_Evolution_Briefing.pdf

• Like 1

Couldn't find a server with this on :( I suppose its back to SP then 

Couldn't find a server with this on :( I suppose its back to SP then 

My group has been trying to get this working on our Arma3 Dedicated Server Console (tool from Steam) for the past week, but unfortunately we cannot get it working, even with no other addons or mods. 

We did get some multiplayer in when a player hosted from his own PC, though. Everone really enjoyed it.

we have a server running it, but it's private as it's used by the devs for testing new stuff.  but the point is, it works on a dedi server fine.

• Like 1

does anyone know if the map and future maps if any will have the config so AI wont see through all the dense jungle? 

cheers 

They can't see through the bushes and trees, but if there is any sliver of the 3d model poking out, they will instantly spot you.  Also they can see through the grass/underbrush.  I strongly recommend setting the AI skill level to .1 or .2 for the most immersive experience, then make up for the lack of skill with numbers.  I do this for most of my missions, Otherwise videos like the patrol ambush or NDP would be 5 seconds long, if that.   The AI feel far more organic and human like when they are spraying and praying at the weeds, and you can get neat situations like accidentally running point blank into an enemy, both of you emptying a clip wildly at each other, and then diving away for cover because you both missed in the panic.  They also seem to give more suppressing fire at lower skill levels for some reason (probably in part because they are not instantly headshotting each other).

in A2 we turned their skill to max and their accuracy to min

makes for good tactical enemies who manoeuvre and flank you etc and use nades and rpgs against you, BUT also makes them spray and pray so you tend to survive opening engagement for enough time to dive into cover and throw nades and lay down suppressive m60/m79 etc

...a little something I've begun working on for some private play with friends :-)

Thanks to the entire Unsung team for this one!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbk7r5j93pg7e5x/jungleduws.jpg

Nice ! Hope to try some DUWS mission with the unsung settings soon, thanks for workin on it! would love to try this out with some friends

Unsung3_Us_rifle_1.jpg

• Like 1

...a little something I've begun working on for some private play with friends :-)

Thanks to the entire Unsung team for this one!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbk7r5j93pg7e5x/jungleduws.jpg

I've always wanted to try DUWS but I wasn't sure how to limit the campaign to only custom content, don't want any space age Iranians with Antman helmets showing up and ruining the fun ;) .

I hope you release something that we can share and learn how to take advantage of the DUWS mod. :)

• Like 1

Have not felt a 'Nam buzz like this since Operation Flashpoint. Looks, feels and sounds great! The amount of stuff in the mod already is great (especially for infantry regarding uniforms) and I am sure you guys must have some surprises up your sleeve as well. The jungle feels great, firefights are intense and the tunnels add that spice that was missing for a long time. The rivers are great and thanks to the new engine they actually work well, now we just need some PBR's and we have an Apocalypse. Now! setting to work with. One question, and of course this is entirely up to you what you want to do; it is your mod. Are the M67 style magazine pouches staying or will they be changed? Naturally with the A3 engine you can swap around webbing setups (like we can do already with the mod) so making early/mid/late war setups is just a matter of switching the webbing for the particular unit. There were also some other bits and pieces that seemed "out of place" but I have always been too nit picking with this stuff. :) Do not get me wrong though! As I said, I have not felt this at home in a jungle and the 'Nam buzz is just overwhelming. So glad that it is holiday season. Thank you Unsung!

• Like 1

we have a server running it, but it's private as it's used by the devs for testing new stuff.  but the point is, it works on a dedi server fine.

Thanks for the encouragement to keep trying to get it working.

And we did today. On suggestion of one of my co-admins to experiment with adding CBA to the server, in addition to the Unsung mod, now Unsung is loading correctly and we appear to be good to go!

• Like 1

I have to say it's really a great job you did on the map, one of the best maps I've ever played. Despite it's size there's just so many interesting locations and so much to do. I especially love the large rivers good for patrol boats and small ones good for zodiacs, almost all the way through. There's really only one spot I know of that is troublesome. At this place on the map http://vgy.me/oTJ18X.pngcoming from both sides of the bridge http://vgy.me/PM1cm1.png a zodiac will get stuck on the ground underneath, if you're going fast enough it'll actually kill you. It seems the engine hitbox is just a little lower for the zodiac and it gets snagged on it. I hope you'll considering doing something about it. Otherwise good luck and Merry Christmas.

As tinter said the map is small but it takes me 5 times longer to get anywhere because the thick jungle makes it necessary to proceed with caution as Charlie could be anywhere. Most of my firefights happen in less than 50m ! On most maps I engage at 200m +.

Still loving the Alpha .

Just want to say once again thank you for bringing Unsung to ARMA 3.

And to everyone on this forum happy Christmas/holiday (depending on your beliefs) for tomorrow  :)

• Like 2

As tinter said the map is small but it takes me 5 times longer to get anywhere because the thick jungle makes it necessary to proceed with caution as Charlie could be anywhere. Most of my firefights happen in less than 50m ! On most maps I engage at 200m +.

Exactly like it was in R/L ;)

You don't know how happy this makes me, I have been waiting since the launch of Arma 3 for this. The screenshots look amazing. Keep up the great work!!

"Despite it's size"

hahahhaahaha this terrain is HUGE! 

yesterday I lost myself three times 
really vietnam's feeling

request tutorial "how to change water color"  :D

:

Are you sure you are on the right terrain? Its NOT small.

Still loving the Alpha .

Are you sure you are on the right terrain? Its NOT small.

Of course I'm on the right terrain! Compared to many maps, yes it is small.

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for this awesome work! For an alpha-status: unbelieveable!!!

One question:

Can´t find the CH-34 transport helicopter, patrol boat, F-4 and the LVTP-5A1 Amtrac in editor...

Any help?

Keep up your great work!

Thanks for the kind words.

Can´t find the CH-34 transport helicopter, patrol boat, F-4 and the LVTP-5A1 Amtrac in editor...

Any help?

Keep up your great work!

They didn't make it into the alpha release.