sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v3.0 - ALPHA Released !!!

Thanks, Haleks.

*plunks in folder*

*presses play*

*splash-screen: "Ravage-nam"

You bastard. ;)

Looking forward to whatever this is you cooked up. I have no idea what to expect from Unsung actually which is quite exciting. I love surprises.

Hey don't expect too much - I wasn't kidding when I said it was made in 5 minutes! ^^

It's litteraly just a few squads with a waypoint for the player's group, plus an "end" trigger once the camp is cleaned-up.

But it should give you a place to start if you feel like toying around with the Editor.

• Like 1

Here's another small mission (coop 1 - 8) portraying a patrol/recon mission on Da Krong. It's hardly been tested, 2 players at most so far. Use the action menu to close the radio messages. I developed it with CBA und Unsung alpha loaded, so these should be the requirements.

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/patrol/%5bmp%5dpatrolalpha.dakrong.pbo

It uses DAC for spawning enemy patrols and especially with 8 players there should be plentiful. However, due to the nature of the jungle you might be able to sneak through VC and NVA troopers. 

[edit] Add requirements

• Like 2

will be good if in the next versions is ace3 and tfr(backpack radios) compatible. this will be a great addition

Unknown at this stage.Me personally I opted for urban combat centered around the battle of hue and get away from all the jungle fighting ;) .

But it appears the teams primary focus right now is expanding the mod and properly porting our arsenal over so it works as intended in the Arma 3 environment.I am unaware of any further islands in the pipeline. Just have to wait n see i guess :)

Sav

Thanks for your reply.

Although I can never get enough of a good jungle map, a south east Asian city battle would be unique (different architecture and feel). On that theme a city that has been ravaged by war with debris and some ruined buildings as a battle in progress would be interesting. May have to wait for Tanoa and take advantage of BI's own models.

Although I can never get enough of a good jungle map, a south east Asian city battle would be unique (different architecture and feel). On that theme a city that has been ravaged by war with debris and some ruined buildings as a battle in progress would be interesting. May have to wait for Tanoa and take advantage of BI's own models.

Could be good to get all up in the full metal jacket feeling. One of the more memorable moments of that film for me is them dealing with the sniper in the city.

Finally some Vietnam stuff for ArmA 3, great work guys.

I know it's alpha, first public release, etc. but I have to ask. All the textures seem to be pretty low resolution for now. Are you going to refresh them somehow in later stages?

Finally some Vietnam stuff for ArmA 3, great work guys.

I know it's alpha, first public release, etc. but I have to ask. All the textures seem to be pretty low resolution for now. Are you going to refresh them somehow in later stages?

Yes, we will improve and replace everything in due time, majority of what we have now are placeholders.

• Like 1

I am loving this mod so far. Thank you guys for all of your work. I like the way you show the tunnels on the map so objects can be placed there (I'm assuming). Would it be possible to outline the jungle trails on the map as well? That way, when making missions, we can plot waypoints for enemy groups to follow and create ambush missions on the trails.

Hi fellas no more questions!!!  Enjoy the new Unsung 3.0 Alpha Vietnam mod for Arma 3.   Key words "No more questions"; and "Enjoy" for crying outloud......................"Thank you!!!"   Like I said here"http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung1"scroll down to 

"bigstone123 Jul 17 2015"

from the beginning when I took over from Sgt Sav.   Cheers :P

this map (Nam by CPL.Variable.A) also has our seal of approval:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29355

It uses some of our assets and we have just approved the author to use more of them in further developing his map.

That's a pretty good terrain, our group used it until update 11 and had a lot of fun with it. I would like to point out that since update 11 it is no longer compatible with AllinArma Terrain Pack as it throws errors and buildings disappear on terrains like Takistan. I asked around and apparently this mod is not meant to be used with other mods at the same time, so keep that in mind if you are using multiple other mods. 

Here's another small mission (coop 1 - 8) portraying a patrol/recon mission on Da Krong. It's hardly been tested, 2 players at most so far. Use the action menu to close the radio messages. I developed it with CBA und Unsung alpha loaded, so these should be the requirements.

patrolalpha.dakrong.pbo]http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/patrol/[mp]patrolalpha.dakrong.pbo

It uses DAC for spawning enemy patrols and especially with 8 players there should be plentiful. However, due to the nature of the jungle you might be able to sneak through VC and NVA troopers. 

[edit] Add requirements

Could someone do me a quick favor and see if clicking the PBO link works? Mine just opens up a wall of text and just trying to see if the issue is only on my end (which is very possible).

Could someone do me a quick favor and see if clicking the PBO link works? Mine just opens up a wall of text and just trying to see if the issue is only on my end (which is very possible).

It's working fine for me. Try to right-click on it and "save as", maybe?

• Like 1

That's a pretty good terrain, our group used it until update 11 and had a lot of fun with it. I would like to point out that since update 11 it is no longer compatible with AllinArma Terrain Pack as it throws errors and buildings disappear on terrains like Takistan. I asked around and apparently this mod is not meant to be used with other mods at the same time, so keep that in mind if you are using multiple other mods. 

the map is on v1.28.  what is update 11?

we're not recommending mixing unsung with the 7th air cav mod, in case that is what you mean.  Just using the independent map made by CPL.Variable.A

In fact I wouldn't recommend mixing unsung with any mods when you play.  Not yet.

Later, maybe TFAR, ACE etc, but not until after beta - probably mid next year.

we're not recommending mixing unsung with the 7th air cav mod, in case that is what you mean.  Just using the independent map made by CPL.Variable.A

In fact I wouldn't recommend mixing unsung with any mods when you play.  Not yet.

I mean the update they call update 11 on their steam workshop page, v1.1 on Armaholic. Sorry, I should have made that clearer! You can read more about the issue here, here and here

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from using this mod. As I said, we had a lot of fun with it! Just giving a heads up to people using AiA TP.

I'm loving this mod, with all the spot light and games focused on modern tech, it's nice to see some nam stuff. I especially love the detail on the weapons with the straps.

There seems to be a bug with the short sleeve ERDL with flak, in that, there is some vision block in first person on the bottom left of the screen. 

Not sure if you mentioned this, but are there any plans to implement custom sounds for the weapons?

Further more, there are a ton of uniforms, categorized by units, would it be possible to do insignia instead to stream line it a little?

Lastly, any chance for a tiger stripe uniform with flak jacket?

Keep up the great work! I look forward to your awesome continued works.

THIS x1000!  THIS ISN'T LIKELY TO WORK WITH ANYTHING ELSE - IT IS JUST AN ALPHA!

The NAM map can be a lot of fun. I like what CPL.Variable did with the VC Bases and VC Outposts; build them camouflaged into the landscape with dirt berms and hid them with grass/bamboo. It is a very playable map.

The down side is that the map is in constant construction so if you build your own missions there is a possibility that an entire FOB (FOB Juliet) that the mission was build around could disappear with the next update (Steam sucks for that). The 7th Cav group build the map for their MP server to run their missions and currently they focus on the Hamburger Hill area so everything else could change. This isn't a bad thing because as I said its their map for their MP server its just something to consider if you want to build your own missions with it. The map keeps getting better with each revision so maybe it will eventually be stable where updates are fewer.

The NAM map can be a lot of fun. I like what CPL.Variable did with the VC Bases and VC Outposts; build them camouflaged into the landscape with dirt berms and hid them with grass/bamboo. It is a very playable map.

The down side is that the map is in constant construction so if you build your own missions there is a possibility that an entire FOB (FOB Juliet) that the mission was build around could disappear with the next update (Steam sucks for that). The 7th Cav group build the map for their MP server to run their missions and currently they focus on the Hamburger Hill area so everything else could change. This isn't a bad thing because as I said its their map for their MP server its just something to consider if you want to build your own missions with it. The map keeps getting better with each revision so maybe it will eventually be stable where updates are fewer.

Only prob I have with that map is everything has a description ie vc base, vc outpost etc. Spoils having to find them in co-op

THIS x1000!  THIS ISN'T LIKELY TO WORK WITH ANYTHING ELSE - IT IS JUST AN ALPHA!

I'm playing it with ace, tfar, huey pack, RH m4 pack and HAMF jets and weapons with no issues. (Just using RH m16 and HAMF's m60 until another update comes as m60 is very quiet).

I know you didn't want any bug/issues posted but this one is pretty major I think.

On a dedicated server if you have VC in your mission and you kill one the server goes to no message received and then crashes.

Only work around I could use was spawn NVA and Zeus them vc hats and uniform :)

Other than that I love what has been released so far..... Can't wait on more updates :)

Thanks for pointing out the stand-alone version of the map!  I had no idea it was stand alone as well.  Great map!

I really like new map in the UNSUNG Alpha as well. The jungle is insanely thick with  minimal performance hit

Only prob I have with that map is everything has a description ie vc base, vc outpost etc. Spoils having to find them in co-op

Yes agreed. There were some good desert maps (can't remember the names) where the special features like caves and such were part of a jpg that the mission maker could use to find those areas during the editing phase but in game the Arma map had no markers for the players. Mission creation involved having the jpg map on one monitor and Arma editor on the other.

feed it back to the author - i'm sure he'll take note.