sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v3.0 - ALPHA Released !!!

After a first look at the UNS 3 Alpha I can say for sure that this will be a masterpiece once more.

Thank you for your continued dedication to 'The Cause', UNS-Team :)

Keep it up!

Cheers,

D.

The tunnels were indeed a nice suprise, few things to work on with them, buts its nice to see that its possible to implement them to a certain degree.

Have the tunnel been mapped for AI use?  That was the only reason for the two observations i have about them, mainly the big long straight sections, would be nice to maybe make them slightly smaller and more "curved".  But as i say if the reason was AI then thats fair enough.

Fantastic work so far guys, really looking forward to see what comes next.

Thanks Unsung Team - thanks for yr hard work    :627:

Also don't forget to rate us on mod DB . Let the outsiders of the BI community know what they are missing out on :) . However, if you want to rate us higher than a 7 , you need to register and wait about a week IIRC ...Before you can then set a higher rating... Thanks guys

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung1

Voted down!  :D

The tunnels were indeed a nice suprise, few things to work on with them, buts its nice to see that its possible to implement them to a certain degree.

Have the tunnel been mapped for AI use?  That was the only reason for the two observations i have about them, mainly the big long straight sections, would be nice to maybe make them slightly smaller and more "curved".  But as i say if the reason was AI then thats fair enough.

More tunnel goodness will be coming in the future.  We have some plans.

I must say that this looks really good for an alpha. The island is really inspiring for gameplay! I really like the tunnels even if they are "in progress". Is there a way to have it dark inside or is it an engine limitation?

Hello ! Still wondering if you could add little things to improve the model , are as follows :

latest?cb=20110724214730

UAZ 469

DSC05163.JPG
GAZ 51

mi-1_1.jpg
MI-1

BTR-50PK.EG.M240.camo_side-3D-Models-Ope
BTR 50

SU-100_self-propelled_artillery_in_Museo
SU 100

Thanks
  • Like 1

Pffft... 40 Watt?  You must be joking, your gonna be lucky to find anything like that.  I have a nylon jumper and a half inflated balloon from last week if thats any good.

Good to hear more plans for the tunnels...

May I ask why is steam workshop critical here?

something like workshop or pws so people can easily click and download and click and update. 

as majority of people use some program like this to manage their mods. 

be nice thats all?? 

Downloading and expecting my FPS to suffer :D

Hey just wanted to say that you guys have managed to work some kind of magic with this mod. I'm using a low end laptop that virtually explodes if you fire a single tracer next to tree. Yet for some reason i can have massive pitched battles in your jungle with little to no FPS drop. So yeah amazing job on that one  :D

Hey guys I’m a huge fan of your mod. It´s a dream since ArmA 3 was released to play a Vietnam scenario on it. But sadly I found a horrible bug which is caused in combination when using ACE 3. I´m leading a COOP-Clan and tested this on 2 different computers locally and one server.

If you shoot a Vietcong soldier with a rifle while ACE is active it will crash your game with a memory error.

It´s not caused by the rifles of your mod, those are fine. I tested it on RHS content and Vanilla one, it just crashes if I use Vietcong Guerilla  units.

I know it´s not your task to get this to run with ACE, but I would love to see those two in combination. Please make this happen. And thanks for your work!

Lovely. The thick jungle very good allows for decreasing the object draw distance. Currently testing with 2500 dd/600 OBJdd which makes my FPS happy.

Hey guys I’m a huge fan of your mod. It´s a dream since ArmA 3 was released to play a Vietnam scenario on it. But sadly I found a horrible bug which is caused in combination when using ACE 3. I´m leading a COOP-Clan and tested this on 2 different computers locally and one server.

If you shoot a Vietcong soldier with a rifle while ACE is active it will crash your game with a memory error.

It´s not caused by the rifles of your mod, those are fine. I tested it on RHS content and Vanilla one, it just crashes if I use Vietcong Guerilla  units.

I know it´s not your task to get this to run with ACE, but I would love to see those two in combination. Please make this happen. And thanks for your work!

Hi,

I have ACE running and I did not experience any crashes. I also specifically tested it with the VC local force Guerrillas and no crashes after shooting them.

I have several mods running including (but not limited to) ACE, AGM, RHS and several others.

Fantastic mod so far. Released on my birthday! 

I can confirm that on our server, shooting the VC guys causing an instant crash. However, the NVA is fine to operate against. 

Congrats on the Alpha release, which is more than enough to make me a gleefully happy man. I am excited to see what you have in store, and AMAZING work so far! Keep it up!

Just make a trigger that changes it to night when you enter the tunnels.   (unfortunately won't work well with MP unless you use a teleport script to "force" everyone in the tunnels at the same time.  I did this with the ARMA 2 UNSUNG mod throwing pipes and buildings together and it worked pretty well :).

Nice work guys, I'm somewhat not a fan of the Vietnam War but... it's nice to shoot things other than Altis. But I noticed that the AK-47 the view turns into one of the default scopes, and a lot of the weapons are able to mount optics, but obviously not capable of anyway. I think its due to the coding, which this should help:

class WeaponSlotsInfo
        {
            allowedslots[]={901};
            mass=60;
            class MuzzleSlot{};
            class CowsSlot{};
            class PointerSlot{};
        };

That's what I used for one of my "older model" Ultimaxes but should help with weapons not able to mount anything given the time period. BTW I'm glad you had some 1ID uniforms, nice work so far!

Hi,

I have ACE running and I did not experience any crashes. I also specifically tested it with the VC local force Guerrillas and no crashes after shooting them.

I have several mods running including (but not limited to) ACE, AGM, RHS and several others.

Nice to hear, which Versions of ACE are and CBA are you using? And did you shoot them with a rifle? (because it does not crash with pistols)

I´m using 3.4.1 and CBA 2.2.

@Steel42: thx already thought it´s my fault somehow.

Rather sounds like a problem with a ported weapon to me.

I had the same crash when I ported a weapon to ArmA3 that was missing a specific LOD in the model that was not needed before.

This would always result in a crash if the guy carrying it was killed.

Anyway, nice alpha in any case, enjoying it a lot.