sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v3.0 - ALPHA Released !!!

please put this on steam workshop guys or at least PWS for that matter

it's alpha, don't even bother to report bugs

half the team hasn't even had a chance to play around with it. leave bug finding to us.

EXACTLY-

This isn't an ALPHA, its a PAGEANT!  Really just to showcase the infantry work the team has done to-date.  The guys doing it have been working really hard on it and are proud of their work.

So take it what it is... just an in-between meals snack...  ;)

• Like 2

EXACTLY-

This isn't an ALPHA, its a PAGEANT!  Really just to showcase the infantry work the team has done to-date.  The guys doing it have been working really hard on it and are proud of their work.

So take it what it is... just an in-between meals snack...  ;)

The guy friendly pointed out a few bugs, it's not like he said it was crap and they shouldn't be proud of their work :blink:

The guy friendly pointed out a few bugs, it's not like he said it was crap and they shouldn't be proud of their work :blink:

Chill dude.  We are trying to get in front of the inevitable "I only read the first line and didn't read further" crowd.  "Hey there is no xxx"... "Hey xxx isn't working right"... "Hey there is only one island"... we know, we know!  ;)

• Like 1

Great job! keep it going

Really like the infantery.

anyway there is any helicotper realesed, coz i can't found it.

Can you post some screenshots?

I had the privileges to try out the alpha, here some screenshots (got more in my bag ^^)

Unsung3_Us_Medic_2.jpg

Unsung3_Us_Sergeant_1.jpg

Unsung3_USMC_patrol8.jpg

Using the Huey pack on that last one :

Lz_1.jpg

the models quality is oustanding, amazing job from the unsung team, thanks to them !!!!

• Like 5

Excellent Release.

Thank you for the early Christmas present. Lots of content to check out, some place holders with the promise of future content, and a beautiful island.

wow, much more than I expected. The US Army, USMC, VC and NVA look great. Your Alpha is more content than most other modder's full releases.

thank you for releasing the Alpha.

Just tried. It's awesome, and a real load of content to be an Alpha.

If you end up anywhere as good as you did in A2, this mod would be an outstanding blast.

Keep it up!

Just tried the mod. Outstanding job on the island and all the assets. Can't imagine all the mission we will play.

Thank you Unsung team.

May I ask why is steam workshop critical here?

It's not critical, it's just a convenience that we've all grown pretty accustomed to.  Pair that with the fact that much of the uproar over workshop integration was over issues that never materialized, or were promptly taken care of by BI and valve, and you likely have quite a few people who will only view it's non-inclusion on the workshop as an unreasonable vendetta against something that actually turned out to be a really good thing for the game and community. 

If you decide to keep unsung off of the steam workshop, I'd understand and support the group either way.  But there's going to be others who will want a good explanation at the very least. 

It's not critical, it's just a convenience that we've all grown pretty accustomed to.  Pair that with the fact that much of the uproar over workshop integration was over issues that never materialized, or were promptly taken care of by BI and valve, and you likely have quite a few people who will only view it's non-inclusion on the workshop as an unreasonable vendetta against something that actually turned out to be a really good thing for the game and community. 

If you decide to keep unsung off of the steam workshop, I'd understand and support the group either way.  But there's going to be others who will want a good explanation at the very least. 

That sounds more like a personal opinion than a fact.

I certainly don't use it, and the workshop does create a few problems of its own...

In any case the authors don't have to justify any of their decisions mate, if it's not on Steam, so be it.

But we're going off-topic here.

From what I seen since I have come back its being discussed within the team .. If the insurances are in place I personally can't see it being an issue but its no longer my call ... Stone is the man now and it falls to him ...

Anyway..

We are slowly updating our social media profiles and our new webpage is online !!!  http://www.armanam.eu/  Big thanks to Michael Mortimer for setting this up 

"Official" FaceBook page will be up soon too

I have just updated our tweet page you can follow us here : https://twitter.com/Unsung_Team

Also don't forget to rate us on mod DB . Let the outsiders of the BI community know what they are missing out on :) . However, if you want to rate us higher than a 7 , you need to register and wait about a week IIRC ...Before you can then set a higher rating... Thanks guys

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unsung1

• Like 1

thanks for all the positive comments guys!  it warms the cockles of our hearts to hear it.

we haven't really got started yet, but just you wait lol.

I personally cannot wait to get moving with the ports, as the performance is outstanding c/w A2

Oh BTW anyone found the tunnels on the new map ? ;)

The first person to find them please post a pic of the location on map for everyone else :)

I love the map, it has a real jungle feel. Doing some Recon (Recce for you Canadians) and found some well camouflaged bunkers. I placed some objects on the ground in the editor basically right in front of me and when I previewed it I couldn't find them, lol, so much underbrush.

I do have a question; are the Spider Holes usable and if so how?

Hey guys. Really glad that this has been released, really digging the uniforms which have been made for this mod. I love them just as much as the map itself. Really good work with this mod, I can't wait to see more!

Also, with the whole tunnels thing. I believe I may of located them. :) As requested, I'll give the location via' screenshot. Really loves the tunnels! Have fun exploring. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575365989

I'll post the link here so I don't run into any screenshot limits. I've also got a bunch more screenshots of the tunnels if you guys fancy being lazy and not checking them out for yourselves. Can't wait to see what any other maps you guys have going have in store for the future.

Edit: Fixed link, wrong screenshot.

Edited by archer336

Congrats on the release and... Thank you!!!