lordprimate

Unit SFX - Body fall sounds & hit screams || #=LP=Edition

This is, this mod here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182055-unit-sfx-body-fall-sounds-hit-screams/ , By mistergoodson!

With a handful of audio tweaks and many added sounds, and finished code. 

I am not by any means good at scripting. I do what i can. I take NO credit for the original mod I am just adding to the already existing value, and hopefully someone else will like and use it.

= Changelog =

- Added Check for unit in vehicle.
- Searched for and found some OK sounds for hearing units die in vehicles.
- You will only hear units die in a vehicle, within 50m of said unit.
- Reinstated Time.

- Added Initial height and difference check to initiate the bodyfall sound. no time check required, all done off of eye height.
- Added Gravel Bodyfall sounds. on sandy beaches and dry lake beds you get sand sounds. on soil and dirt etc you will get gravel sounds(testing idea)
- Added Water Bodayfall sounds. when units are in shallow water they will make splashing sounds.
- Added audible range param to sounds configs. Removed db adjustments. Sound engine and say3D augment sound appropriately.
- Forest Areas used concrete bodyfall sounds, surfacetype #GdtForestPine sounds like green grass. appropriate sound now applies.
- Marsh Areas used concrete bodyfall sounds, surfacetype #GdtMarsh sounds like dirt and soil. appropriate sound now applies.
- Dried lake bed Areas used concrete bodyfall sounds, surfacetype #GdtDead sounds fine sand. appropriate sound now applies.
- Configs for wood sounds now in place just need to find out how to detect interior of buildings/stairs surfaces.
- Configs for Virtual Reality Area now in place and functional. #GdtVRsurface01 plays appropriate sound.

v1.04
- Increased hit scream audibility from 100m up to 200m.
- Reduced hit scream volume 3 more db.
- Increased body fall audibility from 45 up to 150m.
- Reduced body fall volume several db.
- Reduced EyePos height requirement for timing of bodyfall sound.

v1.03
- Changed "say" command to "say3D".
- Reduced hit scream audibility from 150m to 100m.
- Reduced the hit scream volume one db.
- Reduced bodyfall audibility distance from 50m to 45m (i know big whoop).
- Reduced bodyfall sound volume one db.
- Removed } else { from nested IF statement within the hit script. So Nomore screaming from dead people any longer.
- Removed sleep command from inside the nested IF statement in hit script. Moved outside before "recently hit" check.
- Finished, already placed scripting for bodyfall sounds in SAND. %50 of the code was already there.
- Removed "time" check in waitUntil command for body fall sound.
- Added 15+ new screams... A Variety of Pain will be delt!

• Like 10

Looks good!I always liked the original mod-adding some more variety to it should be great.Will tr it out today-thanks mate :)

Lordprimate

Why are you against time check? There'll be always situations with infinite waitUntil.

Examples:

if ((surfaceIsWater getPosWorld _unit) && (_eyePosZ >= 0.5)) exitWith {
    waitUntil {((ASLToATL(eyePos _unit)) select 2) <= 0.6};
Unit is killed in a boat.

if ((_eyePosZ > 0) && (_eyePosZ <= 1.8)) exitWith {
    waitUntil {((ASLToATL(eyePos _unit)) select 2) <= 0.7};
Unit is killed and still staying leaning on a wall (in latest Arma versions).

if (_eyePosZ >= 2) exitWith {
    waitUntil {((ASLToATL(eyePos _unit)) select 2) <= (_eyePosZ-1)};
Unit is killed in a truck.

I would prefer bodies not to say any sounds after some timeout.

First off, let me say you cannot please everyone.

Second of all Do NOT take ANYTHING I say to Heart.

My response in red....   :)

Lordprimate
Why are you against time check? There'll be always situations with infinite waitUntil.

Examples:

if ((surfaceIsWater getPosWorld _unit) && (_eyePosZ >= 0.5)) exitWith {
    waitUntil {((ASLToATL(eyePos _unit)) select 2) <= 0.6};

Unit is killed in a boat.

(the lil fucker is in a boat sitting down.. or laying on the sides... his body does NOT fall therefore his body makes NO  fall sound)... :)

Next...

if ((_eyePosZ > 0) && (_eyePosZ <= 1.8)) exitWith {
    waitUntil {((ASLToATL(eyePos _unit)) select 2) <= 0.7};

Unit is killed and still staying leaning on a wall (in latest Arma versions).

This is the only example that holds ANY weight, however, my previous and next statement still stand. The lil fucker fell against a wall. most of the energy of the fall was dissipated and he slid down the wall... the wall broke this units fall and theirfor NO FALL SOUND... end of story.. works for me :)

if (_eyePosZ >= 2) exitWith {
    waitUntil {((ASLToATL(eyePos _unit)) select 2) <= (_eyePosZ-1)};

Unit is killed in a truck.

(Same as the first example, the lil fucker is sitting in a truck He makes NO fall sound... BECAUSE HE DOESNT FALL... come on man.... he is sitting in a seat ..... he doesnt fall AT ALL.... how the fuck is this an example.... im not cursing at you i just an expression of lolz

another example would be a prone unit ... well again they didnt fall at all so why would they make a sound... Dont get me wrong i hear you , you want there to be a sound regardless. I don't. in my mind, If the body wasnt high enough to make enough energy to make a sound on impact with a floor, then i dont want their to be a fall sound. there are just some instances where someone dies and you going to have to walk the fuck over to them and give them a poke to see if there still alive!! :)

ill add a check for units in vehicles and add a sound that is appropriate for someone dieing in a seat and slouching over.

I think he's more saying that you're leaving a script constantly running checking a condition that will never become true thereby lowering performance for nothing.

@Lordprimate

Just tested in the editor and works a charm, love the water splashes. Keep up the good work, i'm using this one. Thanks ;)

Hi Lordprimate,

normally one notices the death of a squad member only by receiving a radio message.

Of course one is annoyed about the fact that you have lost a man, but more about the fact that your mission is in danger, but not about the suffer and pain of the mate.
This has now changed with the integration of the addon, because you hear him shouting and falling.

Now I am feeling a great hollowness within.
And as the commander I have to write a letter to the grieving family and the guy posthumously will receive a Silver Star.
LOL  :D

Seriously, this addon is immersive and for the future I will keeping an eye on my mates, much more than before.

Great job, keep it up!

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

I think he's more saying that you're leaving a script constantly running checking a condition that will never become true thereby lowering performance for nothing.

Exactly. You'd better restore time check for all waitUntil commands, maybe with longer timeouts. waitUntil is quite hard command and should be used with caution.

Love this! I used the original-but this has improved on it immensely. Forgot it was running till I heard the AAF guys scream when i tossed a frag through the door of the shack they were in hehehe ;)

• Like 1

Ok everyone, to explain. I am just really trying to time the body fall sound with the body actually falling... Im sorry that im too caught up in that to realize the error of my ways. back by popular demand is " || (time > (_time + 2.5))"!!!

And i have added a check for units in a vic i hope the sounds i used are ok for what they portray. currently testing. ill push out an update today or tomorrow.

EDIT -----------------------------------------------

First post Updated with latest version 

Changelog

- Added Check for unit in vehicle.
- Searched for and found some OK sounds for hearing units die in vehicles.
- You will only hear units die in a vehicle, within 50m of said unit.
- Reinstated Time.
  • Like 3

Hi Lordprimate,

thank you very much for the update and you did it very well,to my mind.

Also for the explanation and your efforts.

It´s a great mod and I love it.  :)

Greetings

McLupo

Is there ANY possibility of this with a drop box link? Armaholic changed something, so I get a refreshed page every time I attempt a download, screw play with Six crashing to desktop every time, and mediafire just says "Failed Download" every time. :(

hmm weird i just clicked the mediafire link and i was directed to the download page with a 4.87KB download button.  ill look into it

i just checked armaholic and the link works fine for me... 

I get the PageRefresh error all the time. Clear your webbroswer cookies and cashe. 

both armaholic and mediafire worked fine for me and both have the correct verison (v1.06)

ok so looking at it the first thing i see is that you use remotexec.. and on my server, and im sure many others. i run a mod that blocks all remot exec from . it was released by dwarden, i think. but reading more into it remoteExec replaces or is to be used in the place of bis fnc MP... so i dono if i should be using that or not... well anywho my guess that, that would block that function from working in MP... and also. you only use say3D. there is the new cba function globalsay3D. which is brodcast to all clients. so using that and putting it on the server only, presumably would make it un needed by clients... 

.. maybe??

Sometimes,when AI/i am wounded,my character/the NPC(s) moan. And once in 5 seconds,but constantly,using the same sound effect.

has anyone used this recently, on its own are there any issues or is it still working. ?

I may post it to steam if it still works.

Good to see you back LP! I just tried it and it appears to not be working? Or the sounds are super muffled. I can barely tell.

It would be good to see this updated along with GL5 FX Dubbing portion. The radio still works.

hmm ok that is odd. Some time after I posted this, I had some time to test in VR, stratis and altis and as far as i could tell the sound files are still the same location, same names, etc. and all the effects worked in game. I shot people with silenced weapons, to make sure i could hear. some of the sounds are hard to hear when you are going, "loud".  bodies in VR had the correct sounds. bodies in water sounded like they fell in water. the bodies in vehicles worked. when i shot with silenced pistols the screams worked. Did you try this with any other mods.

I launched ONLY CBA and This mod.

I tested in VR with NATO and OPFOR facing each other firing squad or WW1 style. I did unload all other sound mods including screams and yes it is working but I could barely hear them, even as a civilian standing next to them. I did switch all the guns to silencers and it was better.

I then did a back to back with this mod vs Laxxman's Scream (still works), Dynamic Shouts, Unit Voiceovers and Project SFX. I could hear all of them so I think you may consider to adjust the playback volume to be a tad under the basic gunfire volume. I think the rifle gunfire eruption covers it up. My SFX volume is at 100%.