d3nn16

Can I make my own EBO?

Hello

Is it possible to make EBO (encrypted PBO) addons like Marksmen DLC with BIS tools? Does BIS plan to provide this feature in the future? If so, are there any release dates estimates available?

Thanks & Regards

Whilst I'd like to see BI release a program able to do this, I'm fairly sure they wont as access to the encryption software would likely lead to people being more easily able to decrypt existing EBO files.

They should create an online service that will encrypt the addon I upload with their encryption software. Maybe Steam provides something like this for game addons.

I'm planning to convert a mission framework (a bunch of scripts and functions) into an addon (this way it's easier to update multiple missions that are sharing scripts).

The reasons I want to encrypt:

- prevent others from just copying the scripts, add their logo and whatnot then say it's their addon

- the framework is completely extensible as it is now (you can add whatever script you want and turn off/on existing scripts) so there is no need to modify anything inside the "engine scripts" only in the parameter files

- if however there is something to be corrected/improved about the "engine scripts" then I want to know it and improve my addon for everyone not let someone else do it only for himself

- encryption is first step for players to win some money with player made DLCs if they wish to do so, this can even incite companies to start developing complete games using the ArmA engine (makes me think of DayZ)

there are no such plans as far as we know. we had a big topic about this a while back...