Agent_Orange

Where do you find APDS ammo for the GM6 Lynx please?

Hi all,

I am a Linux user and as such, am new to the ARMA series of games.

I am using the editor to create a mission and was wondering where i would find the APDS ammo for the GM6 Lynx as I cannot see it in the "Basic Ammo" box, cannot see it in the "Special Wepaons" box that Lynx came in and do not see any other type of ammo box that it might be in?

Also, I am having trouble finding the "Cargo Tower" and "Cargo Post" buildings in the editor.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

Hi all,

I am a Linux user and as such, am new to the ARMA series of games.

I am using the editor to create a mission and was wondering where i would find the APDS ammo for the GM6 Lynx as I cannot see it in the "Basic Ammo" box, cannot see it in the "Special Wepaons" box that Lynx came in and do not see any other type of ammo box that it might be in?

Also, I am having trouble finding the "Cargo Tower" and "Cargo Post" buildings in the editor.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

I dont remember the classname for the APDS ammo for the lynx but I can tell you that the Cargo Tower and the Cargo Post arent in the editor, you have to use an addon to make them show up. The good thing is that once you release the mission that mod isn't needed.

• Like 1

You could use Arsenal, VAS or ASORGS.

What you get is an ammobox with every gun, ammotype, gear etc in it, even mods.

Arsenal and ASORGS are graphical, meaning you can see your guy with the equipment and change it with dropdown lists. Good for some cases but slower than VAS in every case which is list-based only. I prefer VAS.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both for your responses, very helpful of you.

I have downloaded VAS and will see if I can get it up and running.

If you're trying to make a mission, put this in the initiation box of the unit you want to add it to.

this addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1];

EDIT: Forgot semicolon. See later post for details. Thanks maquez

• Like 1

Thanks Percieis but it does not work for me

If I paste ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1] into the initialisation box I recieve an error message "Type array, Expected nothing".

Typing addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1] produces an error message "Missing ;"

Typing addMagazines; ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1] produces an error message "Type array, Expected nothing".

Pasting this addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1] does not produce an error message , however, when checking the ammo box for the APDS ammo it is not there.

I am not typing in what is needed but do not know what that is.

the guy above your post forgot the semicolon... :rolleyes:

you have to copy

this addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1];

in the initiation box of the unit you do use (your player unit) or copy that in the initiation box of a ammobox

to increase the amount of magazines alter the last number in that line

for example:

this addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 10];

you will then have 10 magazines in your inventory or ammobox

for more information read:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addMagazines

• Like 1

Thank you Maquez for your help , however, whilst it accepts what I am typing when I go to check for the ammo , it is not there.

I have tried to add 5 Mags to myself as well as trying to add 5 Mags to a AAF  Basic Ammo box - no success with either.

Not sure why this is not working for me, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the version of the game that I am currently running (version 1.42)?

Thank you Maquez for your help , however, whilst it accepts what I am typing when I go to check for the ammo , it is not there.

I have tried to add 5 Mags to myself as well as trying to add 5 Mags to a AAF  Basic Ammo box - no success with either.

Not sure why this is not working for me, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the version of the game that I am currently running (version 1.42)?

I think what's happening is that the unit you're trying to add magazines to doesn't have enough inventory space.

This might have a couple errors because I can't test it right now, but try this:

EDIT: This worked in the editor for an AAF sniper

this removeMagazines "5Rnd_127x108_Mag";

this addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 1]

You might want to increase the magazines added like maquez said though. Also, keep in mind this will remove all regular 12.7mm ammo from the unit.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to help me out Perceis,

Unfortunately it does not work for me, there is plenty of space in the ammo box (only approx 1/4 full).

Using the above mentioned commands does not remove or add APDS magazines for me.

This would have to be one of the simplest, straight forward things to do with this game and it just is not working for me for some reason - I give up - not wasting any more time on it.

Thanks again for all help that has been provided.

nvm ...

did write bullshit here sorry :P

see next post

"addMagazineCargoGlobal" is the correct command for adding magazines to a ammobox,

so place Box_East_Ammo_F (Basic Ammo CSAT) in the editor, then copy following code in the initialization field of the ammobox:

ClearWeaponCargo this; ClearMagazineCargo this;
this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 10];

sorry if I confused you but I do use these kind of commands and edits very rarely in my missions

but strange as you told

this addMagazines ["5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag", 10];

in the initialization field of your unit (the unit you do play) did not work, you sure?

"this addMagazines" is the command to use if you like to add several magazines to your unit (player)

concerning BI wiki and my tests it should work

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

• Like 1

Success !

Thank you so much for your help Maquez !

Following your instructions I have been able to successfully add APDS to an ammo box as well as the unit that I play.

Boy oh boy wowoee - GM6 Lynx together with APDS ammo is the closest thing to a legimate cheat you will ever see in a game (i.e I dont have a cheat that allows me to see through walls , but I do have a gun that will shoot through them - and thats just as good!)

Thanks again for your help.

never mind, happy that I could help

have fun with shooting stuff in to pieces :D

• Like 1