cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage Vanilla Mission ported including Template

A couple of things guys...

I'm not sure about that ctd. Sounds like the template needs an update. Means it can't find a file in ravage mid which means Haleks may have changed things around. You can likely get rid of it by deleting that line out of init.sqf as the module will handle settings.

There is no radiation or runners. If you want runners then change the ambient zombie module to mixture setting and set bolters ratio as high as you want.

If you need more loot then go to loot module and up those percentages. Don't be afraid to overdo it... we have been trying 95% for vital, weapons and ammo and still aren't getting a ton.

On a sad note. My pc crashed and when I restarted I had green matrix lines everywhere. Think my gpu is dying... pandemic. .. how have u liked your 970. I may have to go that route as a 980ti is a stupid price right now and pascal is coming this year.

That sucks! I my card shat out on me a year ago.. oh that was so bad. I feel naked when I cant get to my computer haha. Yes I am addicted.. its quite sad really.

wierd you getting the SAME error as me. i did get that file from cosmic a while ago so it might need a tune up i.e remade for the newest ravage and game version or something.

Yeah I was getting the same error I believe. I am thinking because it was such an old files compared to the version that ravage is on now.  Its okay though, I tried the Takistan, Napf and one other one last night. All really fun and I am ejoying the no runners things. I hated those f**kers.  I have always been a no running zombies thing. I just dont really things they should be able too. If so then they shouldnt be called zombies, they should be called mutants or something. Just my opinion but if you wanna try a new map try the Napf one, I think that one was prob my favorite map so far. I am still gonna be trying other maps later in the coming days.

Yeah I was getting the same error I believe. I am thinking because it was such an old files compared to the version that ravage is on now.  Its okay though, I tried the Takistan, Napf and one other one last night. All really fun and I am ejoying the no runners things. I hated those f**kers.  I have always been a no running zombies thing. I just dont really things they should be able too. If so then they shouldnt be called zombies, they should be called mutants or something. Just my opinion but if you wanna try a new map try the Napf one, I think that one was prob my favorite map so far. I am still gonna be trying other maps later in the coming days.

i think i solved it. in order to not have a duplicate put the pbo into the folder containing all the other files then open the init.sqf with notepad++ and delete the line with ravage\code\settings.sqf. should be near the top. (all the other files are besides the pbo are in page 10. just download them all and put them into a new folder named Ravage.chernarus and then put the ravage.chernarus folder into your arma 3 missions folder) You may also want to edit the description.ext file with notepad++ and switch out the the word altis under the line "overview text"  with "Chernarus" otherwise in the description when you click on it only once it says "linger and survive in altis" or something like that which last i checked altis was NOT cherno.

oh and ive already tried the napf map. (come on you think i wouldnt play on one of the most popular dayZ maps of all time besides cherno?) 

I love the vanilla Ravage mission and must have played 75 plus hours in recent weeks. I tried the Napf version yesterday and after an hour or so went back to the Altis version. I have to be honest, the walker zombies pose little to no threat in ravage and I feel their only purpose is to distract you from the real threat which are the runners. Personally I'd rather the extra challenge than to have a walk in the park so to speak. ;)

I find the running animation immersion breaking. Teacups animations are very good for walking so I prefer that but I understand why some people prefer having some runners. I always thought of the Zeds as an ambient threat and the bandits as the primary threat.

Hopefully everyone spends some time learning the editor as that is where the gold is... you can up your loot count... change zombie ratio and counts etc... and this was the dream for the template... give everyone the ability to easily customize it.

I'm making a escape style mission that we are using to test mp and we added a small percentage of runners in and it does change the playstyle quite a bit. Having to check your back constantly adds a different element.

That being said... we have seen some pretty incredible scenes with walkers in mp, particularly with large hordes of walkers. This is not using the horde module but just how the Zeds are spawned.

I'll try to get a vid up... I haven't been able to upload because of my pc issues but it will give you some idea.. needless to say we have frequently had to leave loot behind or make an extremely quick decision on what buildings we can enter because of the Zeds. .. it has added some more good elements...

I find the running animation immersion breaking. Teacups animations are very good for walking so I prefer that but I understand why some people prefer having some runners. I always thought of the Zeds as an ambient threat and the bandits as the primary threat.

Hopefully everyone spends some time learning the editor as that is where the gold is... you can up your loot count... change zombie ratio and counts etc... and this was the dream for the template... give everyone the ability to easily customize it.

I'm making a escape style mission that we are using to test mp and we added a small percentage of runners in and it does change the playstyle quite a bit. Having to check your back constantly adds a different element.

That being said... we have seen some pretty incredible scenes with walkers in mp, particularly with large hordes of walkers. This is not using the horde module but just how the Zeds are spawned.

I'll try to get a vid up... I haven't been able to upload because of my pc issues but it will give you some idea.. needless to say we have frequently had to leave loot behind or make an extremely quick decision on what buildings we can enter because of the Zeds. .. it has added some more good elements...

do you know what i need to edit and where to up the loot cause i can't find it and i don't want to edit something and then fuck it up.

Open up your mission in the editor... find the ravage loot module... up the loot percentage from what I have it to much higher... I think I set vital at 40...

Might be an idea to watch the vid again in first post...

Edit - I didn't open loot module in the vid so just find the loot module in the editor in your Cherno mission... then up the amount for all the items

Open up your mission in the editor... find the ravage loot module... up the loot percentage from what I have it to much higher... I think I set vital at 40...

Might be an idea to watch the vid again in first post...

Edit - I didn't open loot module in the vid so just find the loot module in the editor in your Cherno mission... then up the amount for all the items

what i meant is i need to do it in more than just cherno but i can't find what line to edit. 

edit: i think i found it. is this it?:

property="Ravage_loot_vitalChance_m";

expression="_this setVariable ['vitalChance_m',_value,true];";
class Value
{
      class data
      {
            class type
            {
                   type[]=
                  {
                  "SCALAR"
                  };
            };
            value=80;

also what do i edit to make loot in general spawn more?

It's not a line in the folder ... you edit it in arma 3 editor by double clicking on ravage loot module

It's not a line in the folder ... you edit it in arma 3 editor by double clicking on ravage loot module

so editing it in notepad++ doesnt work? crap

how do i use the arma 3 editor. never used it before.

edit: so i tried the editor and i can't. i just can't. no icons on the map no info on what the fuck anything does. editor is kinda useless for me.

So in this case does editing the main pbo file work for upping the loot spawn rate and if so what line fo code do i edit to up the rate of all loot (not just vital)

That's a negative... I wouldn't recommend with messing with the mission sqm...

It would be hard for me to overstate how important learning the editor is. If you are still unfamiliar with it then this is a great time to learn... open up the template mission and click on the rvg modules to start your journey ;)

• Like 1

i think i solved it. in order to not have a duplicate put the pbo into the folder containing all the other files then open the init.sqf with notepad++ and delete the line with ravage\code\settings.sqf. should be near the top. (all the other files are besides the pbo are in page 10. just download them all and put them into a new folder named Ravage.chernarus and then put the ravage.chernarus folder into your arma 3 missions folder) You may also want to edit the description.ext file with notepad++ and switch out the the word altis under the line "overview text"  with "Chernarus" otherwise in the description when you click on it only once it says "linger and survive in altis" or something like that which last i checked altis was NOT cherno.

oh and ive already tried the napf map. (come on you think i wouldnt play on one of the most popular dayZ maps of all time besides cherno?) 

Lol I didnt know if you had played on it or not lol. I actually never cared for that map in Arma 2. I love the look of it in A3 though.

I love the vanilla Ravage mission and must have played 75 plus hours in recent weeks. I tried the Napf version yesterday and after an hour or so went back to the Altis version. I have to be honest, the walker zombies pose little to no threat in ravage and I feel their only purpose is to distract you from the real threat which are the runners. Personally I'd rather the extra challenge than to have a walk in the park so to speak. ;)

I actually enjoyed having on the walkers because at least for me it tended to spawn a lot more and I remeber running past a couple of them just to loot cause it wasnt worth wasting ammo. To only have the entire building full of loot, bandits were outside the house so I took them out and as I went to leave the house to go and loot them I ran into a horde of zeds.. literally had like 15 in the door way to the house that I then had to mow down. It was fun and I almost died cuz i got stuck in a door way while trying to back them into the house. 10/10 would get stuck again lol

I would be more than happy to test the MP with you. I dont play on a lot of MP servers because having so many people on and stuff is a pain in the ass just general but I also hate it because I am lucky if I get a stready 20 FPS... lucky being the keyword. When I am solo playing the ravage mod I get easily (depending on the area) any where from 45-65 FPS and I am loving it. If you need another tester I would be more than happy to help and you can see how it runs on a shitty CPU lol. That is my big flaw with arma 3 right now, I have a horrible CPU but a fantastic GPU lol

It would be hard for me to overstate how important learning the editor is. If you are still unfamiliar with it then this is a great time to learn... open up the template mission and click on the rvg modules to start your journey ;)

I am having an issue learning the editor. I just dont quite understand exactly what the modules do. Some of them are really easy and then others are weird. For instance, I tried the zombie one and I wanted to turn running ones off and leave the others on but I could only turn them all off or leave them all on. I couldnt change one specifically. If I changed one number the other changed too, it was just weird. Also what I wanted to do was find a way to kind of make a base camp or something. have 1 or 2 scattered randomly around where zeds cant go cuz of AI patrols that will just kill them, then bandits cant go either cuz of the AI troops. But its kinda pointless because besides that there is nothing worth having a little base there anyways. I am still fiddling with it but never the less I dont really know how to test it either since I cant spawn things in just to test on whether or the safe zones are working or anyhting like that.

yeah I'm not looking to mod cause I can't. The editor is NOT for me as I need step by step instructions when it comes to editing code or game files like this. If you can just tell me step by step on how and where I can edit the pbo file or other files then please I need that. I changed The rate in the pbo file for vital loot from 40 to 80 but as I'm not home atm I can't test right this second. All I know before I had to leave is I edited the pbo file to up the vital loot and i was able to resume the mission fine.

Can you please tell me with step by step written instructions on how to edit the loot including vital and otherwise. If you must also include steps regarding the editor then please include them in a way that is not too confusing. Please? I'm in no rush to get this done so if you need to keep testing the new ravage update then I can wait.

EO made a video tutorial in the main ravage thread just now... have a look at that...

If you can unpbo stuff and edit in notepad then the editor will be a piece of cake... just a matter of taking some time...

EO made a video tutorial in the main ravage thread just now... have a look at that...

If you can unpbo stuff and edit in notepad then the editor will be a piece of cake... just a matter of taking some time...

took a look at it (and im not good with video tutorials btw) and from what i see all i do is place a loot module into a town and add any chance i want 0-100 and loot spawns in the whole town?

took a look at it (and im not good with video tutorials btw) and from what i see all i do is place a loot module into a town and add any chance i want 0-100 and loot spawns in the whole town?

The module spawns loot on the whole map - it doesn't matter where you put it (Most Ravage modules work the same way).

The module spawns loot in the whole map - it doesn't matter where you put it.

oh. that's way more simple. Thanks haleks! :D

btw is there a way to edit a already made mission? say open panthera in the editor, plop down a loot module and save? (will that apply to the current panthera or create a new one is my concern)

EDIT: ok i think i created my own ravage on panthera.

got the following modules places on the map (and they seem to work on the whole map) idk if i need more. 

• ambient ai
  • ambient zombies
  • atmosphere
  • debug
  • loot
  • setting
  • survival
  • vehicles

only issue is the fact that it seems to not give the radio option to turn off the color filter, save, etc

Nice work man... good to hear you are giving it a go.

You only need one of those module per map. Then adjust the parameters of each module to what you like. .. the modules will do the heavy lifting :)

The only module where placement will affect things is the horde module where that needs to be placed in the location you want the horde. All the other modules can be placed on the corner off the landmass or wherever you want.

You don't need a debug module unless you want to see where things spawn. .. so you can get rid of that one if you like.

The radio commands are actually added by the init sqf. That is included by the template. I can post the code you will need to add to your own init if you want those. But I need to get ye olde puter running first. .

But again... good on ya for taking a go at it... it only gets easier from here. .. you will have many keyboard destroying moments... but that's part of the charm of arma...

Guys i present to you MY edit to the wonderful Ravage. i never thought id ever be able to mod a game but here's my first try. loot has been increased and it looks good. let me know what you think. 

Only thing is there was no save module so i cant add the addition to turn on and off the color filter. 

Ravage-Panthera A3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ogc6f8y8gqzrbgk/PantheraA3.Panthera3.pbo

Ravage- Chernarus Summer

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tf7r4h8h1amx1j5/Ravage.Chernarus_Summer.pbo

• Like 2

you don't need to post the code. seems i can just manually turn it off in the editor. and saving is just as easy as hitting the pause button.

Oh and how do i get that nifty earplugs feature to work on all of my downloaded ravage missions that was in the cherno file you sent me?

destroying my keyboard? uhm my keyboard is a logitech G-710 and cost about $150. trust me destroying it will only happen if it's out of warranty AND not working.

(then my airsoft G&G MG-42 will get some target practice :D)

any videos of a youtube playthrough of this mission?

I am having an issue learning the editor. I just dont quite understand exactly what the modules do. Some of them are really easy and then others are weird. For instance, I tried the zombie one and I wanted to turn running ones off and leave the others on but I could only turn them all off or leave them all on. I couldnt change one specifically. If I changed one number the other changed too, it was just weird. Also what I wanted to do was find a way to kind of make a base camp or something. have 1 or 2 scattered randomly around where zeds cant go cuz of AI patrols that will just kill them, then bandits cant go either cuz of the AI troops. But its kinda pointless because besides that there is nothing worth having a little base there anyways. I am still fiddling with it but never the less I dont really know how to test it either since I cant spawn things in just to test on whether or the safe zones are working or anyhting like that.

In the ambient zombie module there should be a type of zed setting.

Walker runners or mixture. <-- that should make them one type or.the other

But

If you want just walkers then make sure to set the bolters ratio to 0

The bolters ratio is so u can have say 50/50 when selecting mixture..

See if that works for you...

Somewhere in this thread is a vid of me playing a bit on Napf map.

Please keep in mind everyone that the pbos provided are a base to test things out and the folder for the editor of each mission is provided so that each may tweak the mission to their own tastes as there is simply far too many playstyles and options to make everyone happy in a single mission