cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage Vanilla Mission ported including Template

Hello,i need help :D again :D yes, im noob with this but,how to instal this https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186530-sp-ravage-vanilla-mission-ported-including-template/its ravage esseker,and my problem is,how instal it,7zip file have one main file and one pbo file,esseker pbo maybe go to the mission but other one,i dont now :(

Hi imbus29.

The pbo goes in arma3\mission folder. That is so you can play right away.

The folder goes in my documents\arma3\Missions and is so you can open the mission in the editor to customize it to your liking or add things you like.

You do NOT NEED the folder at all unless u want to edit the mission.

Hope that helps

I would prefer to attempt as little overlap as possible with rosoftkz ' s projects simply because if we both provide different things it will widen the experience more. He just ported roads to chernarus winter so in the short term that is a good option to try a new map and mix things up a bit.

Bystrica is fairly small, what percentage of the buildings are enterable?

And did you try my mission.? It will also provide a change of pace as well.

The water cooler in my pc died so it's out of action til the weekend most likely... :/

The water cooler in my pc died so it's out of action til the weekend most likely... :/

Major bummer....... :(

I would prefer to attempt as little overlap as possible with rosoftkz ' s projects simply because if we both provide different things it will widen the experience more. He just ported roads to chernarus winter so in the short term that is a good option to try a new map and mix things up a bit.

Bystrica is fairly small, what percentage of the buildings are enterable?

And did you try my mission.? It will also provide a change of pace as well.

what about rodoftkz's project? info, links?

Is it possible to ravage Napf island with your template?In addition,what about creating a cache for all your loot,or if you're lucky enuff to find a vehicle? In the roadz Cherno mission I dumped loot I could no longer carry in one of the boxes then left & came back & it was gone?

Is it possible to ravage Napf island with your template?In addition,what about creating a cache for all your loot,or if you're lucky enuff to find a vehicle? In the roadz Cherno mission I dumped loot I could no longer carry in one of the boxes then left & came back & it was gone?

As long as Napf has some enterable buildings and is configured properly with towns it would be possible. 

I would love to have a mobile HQ that is persistant and is something I am interested in looking in to but am not sure yet.

• Like 1

As long as Napf has some enterable buildings and is configured properly with towns it would be possible. 

I would love to have a mobile HQ that is persistant and is something I am interested in looking in to but am not sure yet.

That would be great.And I floated thru most of the villages of Napf and most are enterable.

the armaholic link to the modified for a3 pbo that napf needs is dead.

Anyone know of another

the armaholic link to the modified for a3 pbo that napf needs is dead.

Anyone know of another

Could you be so kind to tell me which link/page is dead (please add a link)? I am not sure which file you refer to and I would like to fix the link.

Hey cosmic10r,

thanks for making the template and thanks for promoting the use of Esseker.  That island is just spot-on for post-apocalyptic immersion, espescially if your not playing an all-out nuclear overkill scenario which would render the world a sandy wasteland as it is depicted in e.g. the Arma 2 Map JADE.  Instead, Esseker depicts a world several months or a at best a few years after a Virus-kills-off-most-people-scenario such as RAVAGE suggests.  The brambles and young trees have just started to overgrow the derelict and abandoned human settlements, where you may still find the occasional food can or water reservoir, alongside the wrecked cars and unmanned roadblocks. 

You stated that you'd needed feedback on your Esseker mission regarding the density of AI placement.  I tried out the no Zeds version and found it to be very tedious to walk through a mostly empty area.  One group of bandits at the start which I exacted revenge upon with pistol and MOCAP Melee kills and one lone Renegade where all the encounters I had in more than two hours playtime.  Found one small town with a climbable roof area and a fire station that just cried for a force of ragtag survivors to defend their scrapheap against all comers. 

I guess it depends on where the random start position puts you; but since none of the bandits had a map, I also had no idea how much longer I would have to walk along the roads before finding the next settlement.  That was simply too dull for me.  So I suggest to populate this map a little more with camps and patrols, not necessarily all of them  enemies, but also civilians/other survivors to recruit.  In the Editor I saw that there are only a few key locations occupied, but without a map and with many small towns having no signs indicating their name, all orienteering is just too scetchy to be a rewarding experience. 

Hope you don't take this as unjustified criticism; I just want to share my personal experience with this mission and I'm very well aware that with survival missions there may be players who would praise the very same emptiness for it's immersion value. 

Ah, with RAVAGE and some of those cool dialogue mods out there, it has finally become possible to recreate a "Fallouty" RPG Game, but within the more realistic combat model of ARMA3! 

Please keep up the mission making with RAVAGE and don't forget to hint to your creations in the main RAVAGE thread!

Regards,

tourist

Hey cosmic10r,

thanks for making the template and thanks for promoting the use of Esseker.  That island is just spot-on for post-apocalyptic immersion, espescially if your not playing an all-out nuclear overkill scenario which would render the world a sandy wasteland as it is depicted in e.g. the Arma 2 Map JADE.  Instead, Esseker depicts a world several months or a at best a few years after a Virus-kills-off-most-people-scenario such as RAVAGE suggests.  The brambles and young trees have just started to overgrow the derelict and abandoned human settlements, where you may still find the occasional food can or water reservoir, alongside the wrecked cars and unmanned roadblocks. 

You stated that you'd needed feedback on your Esseker mission regarding the density of AI placement.  I tried out the no Zeds version and found it to be very tedious to walk through a mostly empty area.  One group of bandits at the start which I exacted revenge upon with pistol and MOCAP Melee kills and one lone Renegade where all the encounters I had in more than two hours playtime.  Found one small town with a climbable roof area and a fire station that just cried for a force of ragtag survivors to defend their scrapheap against all comers. 

I guess it depends on where the random start position puts you; but since none of the bandits had a map, I also had no idea how much longer I would have to walk along the roads before finding the next settlement.  That was simply too dull for me.  So I suggest to populate this map a little more with camps and patrols, not necessarily all of them  enemies, but also civilians/other survivors to recruit.  In the Editor I saw that there are only a few key locations occupied, but without a map and with many small towns having no signs indicating their name, all orienteering is just too scetchy to be a rewarding experience. 

Hope you don't take this as unjustified criticism; I just want to share my personal experience with this mission and I'm very well aware that with survival missions there may be players who would praise the very same emptiness for it's immersion value. 

Ah, with RAVAGE and some of those cool dialogue mods out there, it has finally become possible to recreate a "Fallouty" RPG Game, but within the more realistic combat model of ARMA3! 

Please keep up the mission making with RAVAGE and don't forget to hint to your creations in the main RAVAGE thread!

Regards,

tourist

I figured that would be the case... without the zombies you basically lose a faction which means the map is less populated.

The real dream for the template and the ports is that it would ease people into creating their own scenario. Give them a jump start if they didn't want to start from the ground up. There are simply too many ways one could make these missions for me to cover them all and the range of preferences is fairly high.  

Since you have looked at it in the editor I definately suggest tailoring it to how you would like it. In this case if you wanted to add some more bandits then it would be as easy as copying the triggers in one of the towns and pasting them over any  town you would like to be populated.  You can copy the bandit car trigger, change its size and add a few  more along specific routes to increase the likelihood of seeing one. Keep an eye on the campfires and the triggers tho. After the fact I realized the campfires generate an ambient camp and the triggers generate a camp when you are nearby. I prefer the triggers for FPS reasons so it may be an idea to delete the code  out of the campfire or delete it all together so two camps dont spawn there.

I totally agree with you on Esseker... just a great map. 

If you can't do those things let me know... I can tweak that one fairly easily but I would prefer to do as little of  that as I possibly can as I have other things I am attempting to work on :)

Speaking of fallout-y... you did try the other mission right?

ps -  I pmed Foxhound about the link for Napf so hopefully he can fix it.

Gotta love Foxhound! - 5 seconds later - Link fixed ;)

• Like 1

Hi cosmic10r,

thanks for the kind advice.  I tried my luck on Chernarus Winter first; creating sort of a small storyline for playing it SP or, with some limitations, MP with my buddy reforger.  Still beta I'd say, but so far very cool atmosphere since reforger suggested to build Goon's snowstorm script in - THAT makes you look for matches, combustibles and warm sleeping bags/tents real quick, although there is no penalty for staying in the cold right now - but who kows what RAVAGE will develop in the future? ;)  If we play MP, only the host gets the survival mechanics applied to himself, but the loot seems to be the same for both players.  Also enemies spawn for both so we can enjoy a lot of the RAVAGE framework together, on top of roleplaying the story of course.

I have some questions about the camp spawning triggers, though: do they always spawn the camp in the trigger's center and does the radius of the trigger only detect player presence or is there also some randomizing of camp position within the area the trigger is covering?

Once I'm satisfied with my Chernarus Winter Mission, I'll give Esseker a go - got lots of story ideas for that one!  BTW, you know of a mod that would give me a dog companion? I mean, a man can have dreams, can't he? :)

Also I came across something really odd: even in SP, teamswitch doesn't work.  Could this be due to RAVAGE? I have taken out the intro script purposefully because it doesn't fit into my story where you start with one subordinate teammember, then find others that join via trigger ON ACT field:

[nameofjoiner1,nameofjoiner2] join nameofplayer. 

These units were set to playable in the editor; only the joining is commanded per trigger.   I have to use a cheat mod that allows me to open the console in SP if I want teamswitch, but that shouldn't be necessary I thought. 

See you soon,

tourist

Hi tourist!

Currently the survival module disables the teamswitch option, as it's not really compatible with the survival mechanics.

But I reckon this could be fixed/improved without too much trouble; I also intend to improve MP compatibility soon, although I have no ETA on the next version of Ravage.

Glad you're having fun with the mod!

@cosmic10r,@haleks

Hey guys thanks for the awesome mod haleks and cosmic10r for the template, which i used to make my own mission on Esseker map,but i came across some small issues where i have no clue on how to resolve them so i would appreciate any kind of help.

While im ingame i get 2 lines of "holster weapon" in the action menu whenever i scroll my mouse wheel,both do the same both works (holster weapon).

When trying to loot the dead bodies of the random spawned AI's its almost impossible to access their uniform,vest and backpack inventory gear by double clicking on it and checking whats inside them so i could grab their gear,double clicking doesn't really work or works sparsely after constant trying.

The double holster thing is my fault.

It's added in the init and by the module. Easiest way to get it back to one entry is disable the one in module settings. You will still have one entry in action menu.

I'll fix that.

I'll test out the other thing a bit later ;)

• Like 1

Thanks cosmic10r for the quick answer, i never thought that its get 2 entries seperately either from the init or the module i thought they were mismatched (modules values=init entries).

As for the second issue i hope you can reproduce it so you get what im talking about.

EDIT:

Disabling the value inside the module fixed both of issues,somehow they were interfere each other

Edited by Jimmakos

Thanks cosmic10r for the quick answer, i never thought that its get 2 entries seperately either from the init or the module i thought they were mismatched (modules values=init entries).

As for the second issue i hope you can reproduce it so you get what im talking about.

EDIT:

Disabling the value inside the module fixed both of issues,somehow they were interfere each other

Sweet! lol...

I ported it to the new Napf for A3 and it runs great.. will release soon

just getting an idea of how much loot is spawned

Hi!

I can't load savegames in RavageE.Esseker.

Why?

Really great work and thank you very much.

Hmmm that does seem odd. You can save the game though using the radio menu?

I dont know..

I saved with normal menu. Press scape and save.

But when I go to load (I press continue in the mission) starts loading (I see loading screen) but finally returns to menu again.

Sorry for my bad english!