cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage Vanilla Mission ported including Template

I'm using the one from Namalsk Crisis which I believe is the same as the standalone Armaholic version.

I will do Takistan. I just want to see if Heros has the same issue or whether it works for him on Namalsk before I get ahead of myself.

Hard to tell because both of the other versions work fine for me. 

Have you heard of the Gunkilzi map? I'm working on a version now where i am treating it similar to pilgrimage where you have to find your lost brother after the eastern map of Gunkilzi was affected by chemical warfare.  You brother is all alone and you are at his rescue.  He will be found by purple smoke somewhere on the map.  What you guys think?  Trying to look for radio sound affects that it will change as you get closer....

Open to ideas...

I have the Gunkilzi map on my drive. It is quite fun. I am really enjoying Saint Kapaulio as well.

Have you heard of the Gunkilzi map? I'm working on a version now where i am treating it similar to pilgrimage where you have to find your lost brother after the eastern map of Gunkilzi was affected by chemical warfare.  You brother is all alone and you are at his rescue.  He will be found by purple smoke somewhere on the map.  What you guys think?  Trying to look for radio sound affects that it will change as you get closer....

Open to ideas...

no. id love to see ravage on that. looks good. and big. id love to see it on isla duala too. how quick can you make a standard gunkilzi or isla duala ravage map?

I'm using the one from Namalsk Crisis which I believe is the same as the standalone Armaholic version.

I will do Takistan. I just want to see if Heros has the same issue or whether it works for him on Namalsk before I get ahead of myself.

Hard to tell because both of the other versions work fine for me. 

I have the Gunkilzi map on my drive. It is quite fun. I am really enjoying Saint Kapaulio as well.

Cool. Love to see taki again. Do you have the gunkilzi or saint kapaulio on ravage? If so can you share them so I can try them out?

Hmmm....

Can someone link me directly to the Namalsk map? I'm only seeing that ARMA 2 Crisis mission, not the standalone map itself.

Is that what I'm supposed to download? Just place the @NightstalkerCrisis folder or whatever it's called in my root and find the map in the editor?

Hmmm....

Can someone link me directly to the Namalsk map? I'm only seeing that ARMA 2 Crisis mission, not the standalone map itself.

Is that what I'm supposed to download? Just place the @NightstalkerCrisis folder or whatever it's called in my root and find the map in the editor?

That's what I did. I found the armaholic page for the map and deleted out the pbos it doesn't need like mutant. Pbo

This is the list of pbos you need for namalsk in the addons folder

\Addons\namalsk.pbo

\Addons\namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns.pbo

\Addons\ns.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns2.pbo

\Addons\ns2.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns_modules.pbo

\Addons\ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns_music.pbo

\Addons\ns_music.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns_plants.pbo

\Addons\ns_plants.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns_rocks.pbo

\Addons\ns_rocks.pbo.NST.bisign

\Addons\ns_sounds.pbo

\Addons\ns_sounds.pbo.NST.bisign

What I really need is some feedback on the first two. With only two of you trying it  i guess (and neither working for you), it makes it hard to tell what is working and what isn't and makes it pointless to publish too many because I don't want to do a bunch and find out they are all not working and have to go back and fix the same thing over and over.

On the plus side I spent part of this morning setting up a testing environment for getting custom buildings to spawn loot and now that that is working it wont matter what the map is. I will be able to get buildings to spawn loot if they have postiions.

In the long run stuff like JBAD should be natively in ravage but some custom assets may need to be added to lootlists at the mission level which I can do now.

I was working on a couple of A2 maps like maybe Caribou.

ACE_ai.

It's the only AI modification I use (and it's 100% config-based), I think it does a pretty fair job. Plus, that part of ACE is 100% SP save compatible.

How exactly do you use it? Because in ACE you cannot simply remove or extract pbo's, too many dependencies. Job usually has to be done with that server config hpp file...

So how are you doing it exactly? I am interested. But don't want to use the huge ACE framework in my SP gaming involving savegames. I e.g. prefered the outdated advanced ballistics over using ACE.

What is ACE_ai doing? And: How exactly do you use it? Because in ACE you cannot simply remove pbo's, many dependencies. Job usually has to be done with that server config hpp file...

So how are you doing it and what is the benefit? I am interested.

Ace Ai does a limited number of things to make it lightweight. No FSMs or anything.

They use set skill to customize the ai skill as well as fix a few weird things like the AI rate of fire. Afaik they do not do any behavioral modification.

You can run ace ai with about 5-6 pbos but I don't like having bindings messed with so i config that myself.

link

I just did a quick Port to Takistan and am testing that to see if its working.

Edit -- Link to quick test port of Tak is in Post 2. Too much loot but that may be good for now. The water containers i Placed dont have water so thats gonna be a huge issue.

I did spawn semi naked so I will figure that out and update the link when I do.

If you spawn in water on Tak I'm hanging up my keyboard....

How exactly do you use it? Because in ACE you cannot simply remove or extract pbo's, too many dependencies. Job usually has to be done with that server config hpp file...

So how are you doing it exactly? I am interested. But don't want to use the huge ACE framework in my SP gaming involving savegames. I e.g. prefered the outdated advanced ballistics over using ACE.

Check the OP of the Ravage thread, Haleks lists a set of ACE modules that are tried and tested, i have used the set-list myself and had no problems with saved games etc.  ;)

You can run ace ai with about 5-6 pbos

OK thx, looks like it runs with those (not sure if ace_ai can be configured if just loading those pbo's):

ace_ai.pbo
ace_common.pbo
ace_main.pbo
ace_modules.pbo

OK thx, looks like it runs with those (not sure if ace_ai can be configured if just loading those pbo's):

Ace AI only requires one of those... I think it's common. The problem I found is then common requires main and interaction or something to that effect... I seem to remember interaction being required but if you are able to run it go with it. 

I am updating post 2 with a New Takistan link where you will have cloths... the ravaged world is creepy enough without being naked when you wake up.

My Team and I have been scouting locations across the globe for more Ravaged Lands and the latest was in Takistan to check the water Problem.

Keep Calm and Ravage On....

I am working on the above solution to water in places like Takistan where it will be in short supply, at the end of the video it shows a bit of the proof of concept but I have a few ideas on how to make it more realistic.
  • Like 3

That's what I did. I found the armaholic page for the map and deleted out the pbos it doesn't need like mutant. Pbo

This is the list of pbos you need for namalsk in the addons folder

\Addons\namalsk.pbo\Addons\namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns.pbo\Addons\ns.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns2.pbo\Addons\ns2.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns_modules.pbo\Addons\ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns_music.pbo\Addons\ns_music.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns_plants.pbo\Addons\ns_plants.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns_rocks.pbo\Addons\ns_rocks.pbo.NST.bisign\Addons\ns_sounds.pbo\Addons\ns_sounds.pbo.NST.bisign

What I really need is some feedback on the first two. With only two of you trying it  i guess (and neither working for you), it makes it hard to tell what is working and what isn't and makes it pointless to publish too many because I don't want to do a bunch and find out they are all not working and have to go back and fix the same thing over and over.

On the plus side I spent part of this morning setting up a testing environment for getting custom buildings to spawn loot and now that that is working it wont matter what the map is. I will be able to get buildings to spawn loot if they have postiions.

In the long run stuff like JBAD should be natively in ravage but some custom assets may need to be added to lootlists at the mission level which I can do now.

I was working on a couple of A2 maps like maybe Caribou.

Alright, so I tested Namalsk in the editor. I spawned three times, all safely on land. However, on one occasion the burning vehicle didn't spawn with me.

I didn't test any further than that though. That map is not really my cup of tea.

I personally like maps that resemble where I live a little. I'm from the beautiful state of Vermont in the New England region of the United States. Lots of woods and cottages and stuff. This is why I think Esseker is my favorite (and Chernerus could be if we found a way to get more enterable buildings).

Tropical settings, nightmarish settings, middle eastern settings for this mode don't interest me at all.

The Walking Dead's Georgia outskirts/Virginia Outskirts settings are more what I'm after.

That said, I don't mind helping test stuff at all. Just giving you the reason why I didn't feel compelled to do more than spawn a few times.

Esseker should not go in your mission folder. It should go in your root folder where all your other mods (@folders) are.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread you.

Odd you can't get this to run.

Have you tried just placing the PBO into your missions folder and launching the mission under Scenarios? Obviously you still need the Ravage mod requirements and Esseker and AiA too.

You can't edit it this way but you can at least play it.

I know it will. Actually, no I don't. :) I can't even fathom the amount of work, not only that you've put already into this bad boy, but the amount it will take to see your vision into fruition.

You have something very special here, Haleks. I hope with all the requests and bug reports you haven't forgotten that. I think this mod has the potential to be one of the most captivating video game survival modes ever made and it's been an honor being with you from the ground floor.

So much so that I don't even follow DayZ standalone news anymore. I don't feel like I really need to. I have Ravage now.

I can't wait to see what 2016 brings.

Thanks for checking in, Haleks.

i still have not played Ravage yet-but seeing them amount of praise it is getting from people like this,I think i will have to try it :) I only play Sp and enjoy solo missions,so I'm not sure why I have not tried it yet :D

• Like 1

Ace AI only requires one of those... I think it's common. The problem I found is then common requires main and interaction or something to that effect... I seem to remember interaction being required but if you are able to run it go with it. 

I am updating post 2 with a New Takistan link where you will have cloths... the ravaged world is creepy enough without being naked when you wake up.

My Team and I have been scouting locations across the globe for more Ravaged Lands and the latest was in Takistan to check the water Problem.

Keep Calm and Ravage On....

I am working on the above solution to water in places like Takistan where it will be in short supply, at the end of the video it shows a bit of the proof of concept but I have a few ideas on how to make it more realistic.

Check that. Maybe I'm ok with middle eastern. :)

Cool video. I love that map when I play ALiVE. One of the best out there IMO.

Alright, so I tested Namalsk in the editor. I spawned three times, all safely on land. However, on one occasion the burning vehicle didn't spawn with me.

Thanks for testing that... I'm not sure with what is going on but Poor Pandemic is not having much luck with the spawns. Hopefully Tak works for him.

Tak is great because the fps runs so well. I am going to throw down a ridiculous number of zombies today and see what the upper limit is. 

Have you seen the Sugar Lake Map?

I haven't tried a port yet but I've been meaning too. 

Quick thing for Haleks when he stops by next.

Possibly consider adding the holster weapon to cba keybinding to get it out of the action menu?

Its a dependency now so unless there is a specific reason why not it makes sense to me.

• Like 2

Thanks for testing that... I'm not sure with what is going on but Poor Pandemic is not having much luck with the spawns. Hopefully Tak works for him.

Tak is great because the fps runs so well. I am going to throw down a ridiculous number of zombies today and see what the upper limit is. 

I have not. Google here I come. :)

Possibly consider adding the holster weapon to cba keybinding to get it out of the action menu?

Its a dependency now so unless there is a specific reason why not it makes sense to me.

Good idea. ;)

• Like 2

Quick thing for Haleks when he stops by next.

I dont know either. I seem to spawn out of the map in the middle of the ocean. But link me the taki map when it's done. I don't want too many zombies tho. Just a mix of zeds, ai friendlies and ai bandits.

Oh and there appears to be an arma 3 port of sugar lake already if anyone didn't know. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29789

I dont know either. I seem to spawn out of the map in the middle of the ocean. But link me the taki map when it's done. I don't want too many zombies tho. Just a mix of zeds, ai friendlies and ai bandits.

Oh and there appears to be an arma 3 port of sugar lake already if anyone didn't know. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29789

First fixed spawn version of tak is in Post 2 for you to try... as I said...  if you spawn in the ocean on tak im hanging up my hat.

It doesnt have the water barrels yet tho so don't spend a ton of time looking for them.

Sugar lake is actually a A3 map only... not a port... its very cool

First fixed spawn version of tak is in Post 2 for you to try... as I said...  if you spawn in the ocean on tak im hanging up my hat.

It doesnt have the water barrels yet tho so don't spend a ton of time looking for them.

Sugar lake is actually a A3 map only... not a port... its very cool

oh. Cool. I'd love to see the sugar lake map of you could ravage that one (lol). And you mean post page 2? I'm on my phone and I can't seem to find it. Link?

edit: nvm. i found it. it was on the main page. (dur dur dur) :wacko:

Hey cosmic10r,

Regarding the Takistan port......would be more authentic to theme the dress code of all the protagonists to that specific region , especially the zeds.  

A few of the officially supported mods for Ravage include authentic Middle-Eastern attire. 

The WarfareThai mod and Takistan would work well together, a little tweaking of the gearlist could achieve a more authentic experience. 

I want my Takistani zeds dressed in thawbs, kufi caps and shemaghs...... :P   

• Like 2

Hey cosmic10r,

Regarding the Takistan port......would be more authentic to theme the dress code of all the protagonists to that specific region , especially the zeds.  

A few of the officially supported mods for Ravage include authentic Middle-Eastern attire. 

The WarfareThai mod and Takistan would work well together, a little tweaking of the gearlist could achieve a more authentic experience. 

I want my Takistani zeds dressed in thawbs, kufi caps and shemaghs...... :P

that would be cool but for me not needed. Just as long as I can kill the things I'm fine.

edit: Yay! takistan worked.

• Like 1

Hey Cosmic/all -

So i got the script ready for the randomized brother scenario i explained earlier.  I was going to use the Gunkilzi map (like the woody areas) but per your point about the spawns of loot and the water issue, wondering if i should choose a different map ATM.  Whats your favorite maps so far?  i haven't played sugar lake yet, but that def seems interesting.

Also do you or anyone else have any sites that offer free sound samples?  Looking for radio sounds.  Thanks

edit: Yay! takistan worked.

Sweet lol.

@ Jcae2798 - I only did a quick run on gunkizli. If u are set on it we can get the loot in custom buildings if they have positions. Have u tested the loot spawn?.

I was thinking we could return town locations and spawn water containers in a safe pos in towns...

In any case... there is a lot of maps out and more coming... :)

So whatever solution devised will help moving forward

Sweet lol.

@ Jcae2798 - I only did a quick run on gunkizli. If u are set on it we can get the loot in custom buildings if they have positions. Have u tested the loot spawn?.

I was thinking we could return town locations and spawn water containers in a safe pos in towns...

In any case... there is a lot of maps out and more coming... :)

taki does seem to be a bit sparse now that ive played it again. id love to see gunkizli or sugar lake map if you can make one. 

edit: i figured out how to get onto namalsk island without dying. spawn a boat, drive it onto land, get out. however when i die or load in as a resume game it says UTES as the map name on the top left. 

taki does seem to be a bit sparse now that ive played it again. id love to see gunkizli or sugar lake map if you can make one.

I've got a rough week at work ahead so no guarantees... sugar lake is awesome and dense but small... gunkizli might be the more interesting option and build on Jcae2798s mission idea